Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post here every time you get something new!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,258 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Pyongyang wrote: »
    I see what everyone means now by your being a bad influence! :D

I've toned it down as of late. You'd want to see me a year or so ago, I was the Mrs Doyle of Arcade and Retro.

'Oisin, I really don't need this arcade machine. I already have 6 because of you!'

'Ah go on, go on, go on, go on...'

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,476 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I see what everyone means now by your being a bad influence! :D

It's been said many times about him. His posts really should come with a financial health warning. :p

Master of the Universe

And look at all the nice toys you have as a result! If only that commission rumour were true...

>_>

<_<

On another note, I still can't stop buying NGP games. Just got Neo Cherry Master, King of Fighters R2 and Dragon's Wild. Think I'm about 1/3 of a way through the PAL set now.

o1s1n wrote: »
    On another note, I still can't stop buying NGP games. Just got Neo Cherry Master, King of Fighters R2 and Dragon's Wild. Think I'm about 1/3 of a way through the PAL set now.

Excellent stuff. You going for all cib versions? Those cases really are lovely looking, would be cool to have a complete boxed set.

Master of the Universe

Yep! That's the goal. I reckon I should be able to get to 20 games without breaking the bank. There are then probably 10 remaining ones ranging from uncommon to rare which'll be harder to get. But sure that's the fun of it..and I already have Magical Drop, so at least that's a start! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Blimey! The Wonderswan is TINY isn't it!? It looks flippin HUGE in photos and videos. I'm surprised. A lot. :eek:

Master of the Universe

I take it that's your way of saying - 'I got a Wonderswan, na na na naaa nah!' :D

Black and white or colour?

Yep, I got a Wonderswan Color. Loose. Just now landed on my desk along with other goodies.

I also got a CIB Wonderswan Crystal on the way but that's not been shipped yet. :)

But it's bloody small though isn't it? Tiny little yolk!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,724 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

My tenner copy of SMT: Strange Journey just arrived. Thought it was going to be a vanilla copy at that price, but no, soundtrack and all :) Play-asia really upping their game. Less than two weeks shipping too!

However, postman still hasn't brought a 3DS :mad: Need to go knockin' on doors me thinks.

Master of the Universe

Yep, I got a Wonderswan Color. Loose. Just now landed on my desk along with other goodies.

I also got a CIB Wonderswan Crystal on the way but that's not been shipped yet. :)

But it's bloody small though isn't it? Tiny little yolk!

It's one console I don't own and have never seen in person! Would love to see some size comparison pics.

Oh and I assume Judgement Silversword is next on your list? ;)

However, postman still hasn't brought a 3DS :mad: Need to go knockin' on doors me thinks.

Crap man, you're really waiting a while for that :( did they say they sent it out to you?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,724 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Crap man, you're really waiting a while for that :( did they say they sent it out to you?

Yeah they sent it off Tuesday fortnight ago (they had been waiting on it to arrive from Nintendo in fairness). Should probably have arrived by now, but its not the first time I've been waiting way too long for a package to arrive. Might call down to the sorting office and see if its arrived.

It's one console I don't own and have never seen in person! Would love to see some size comparison pics.

Oh and I assume Judgement Silversword is next on your list? ;)

I'll take some comparison pics of the Color, Crystal, NGP, PSP 1003, GBA, DS Lite and DSi XL when I have them all together. As for Judgement Silversword, I very nearly snagged it last week but the price just got ridiculous.

Instead of getting that I got two MVS SHMUPS instead and that's me tapped out for the next 800 years. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Maybe he stole it & is gaming on it.....pffft :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭7sr2z3fely84g5

Snk ported some their titles to the saturn which made use of the ram cart to speed up loading times.

in before the-
    *its not the same as owning the real thing ;):D;):D;)

Master of the Universe

in before the-
    *its not the same as owning the real thing ;):D;):D;)

You know, you'd be entitled to say that if you didn't own an AES, a Virtual Boy, an X68000, Amigas, Panzer Dragoon Saga and loads of other winky elitist hardware and software.

Pot, kettle, black and all that jazz :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

I got that Amiga pack yesterday (cheers again defenderdude)
    th_1f1e0940.jpg
    th_d534a044.jpg
    th_2c12d0c9.jpg
    th_1247a963.jpg
    having great craic with those disks, and that monitor is amazing!
    Already looking at getting a hard disk in the a600
    (nabbed a pcmcia/CF card adaptor as well so hopefully get that soon)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

I'll take some comparison pics of the Color, Crystal, NGP, PSP 1003, GBA, DS Lite and DSi XL when I have them all together. As for Judgement Silversword, I very nearly snagged it last week but the price just got ridiculous.

Was that the one in Germany that ended up more than one CIB on BIN. I put in a bid at 65 and knew straight off it was gonna rocket upwards:(
    Might try buy a copy this week with my last pay cheque

I forget where it was located but I think that was the one yes. It beat a BIN price so I said I'll leave it.

I bought Blazing Star, Aero Fighters 2 and Last Resort for my Neo Geo kit instead! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

I forget where it was located but I think that was the one yes. It beat a BIN price so I said I'll leave it.

I bought Blazing Star, Aero Fighters 2 and Last Resort for my Neo Geo kit instead! :D

Must have been the same one then. There's been a couple for €100 lately one sold not too long ago but 100 is a lot for a WS game and it might just send the missus into human eradication mode

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Is that the going rate for that game? I have no idea what it's worth.

Yeah you'd be beyond lucky to get it for less than a hundred.

It would certainly be nice to own, but I don't think the game itself could possibly live up to the price. You'd be buying it for collection's sake TBH. Not that I don't want one, of course ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Just got the super meat boy ultra rare edition, I know I should but i'm really tempted to not open it since I already have the game on steam

Just got the super meat boy ultra rare edition, I know I should but i'm really tempted to not open it since I already have the game on steam

Ah! Another one falls prey to SG-OCD and *sniff sniff*-OCD!

Are you all members of Sealed Game Heaven? :pac:

Master of the Universe

Are you all members of Sealed Game Heaven? :pac:

Secret members. The type who wait until dark and everyone's in bed before sneaking down to their games and smelling the cello goodness.

Smelling the smell..........of investment! Mmmmmm! :cool:

• Advertisement

Secret members. The type who wait until dark and everyone's in bed before sneaking down to their games and smelling the cello goodness.

My precious...

smeagol.jpg

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Wrap it in cling film and leave it!

**** it, have to open up super meaty boy, its been staring at me for hours now....

...its beautiful

**** it, have to open up super meaty boy, its been staring at me for hours now....

...its beautiful

You've probably just ruined your retirement :p

I'm actually tempted to pick up that set for the t-shirt. **** resale value.

Yeah, I said it.

• Advertisement

These landed today (I also received Psyvariar 2 [PS2, NTSC-J, CIB with Appreciate DVD] and Virtual On: Ontario Tangram [Dreamcast, NTSC, CIB, SC-OCD] but have them stored away so not photographed).

1. Bandai Wonderswan Color [Loose], iPhone 4 Famicom Cover

cjVXQ.jpg

2. Shikigami No Shiro III [PC, NTSC-J, CIB], PC Engine Best Collection (includes Sapphire!) [PSP, NTSC-J, BNIB]

SDtBb.jpg

3. Tecmo World Soccer '96, Fatal Fury, Aero Fighters 2, Art Of Fighting [Neo Geo MVS, NTSC-J, Loose]

kIgvj.jpg

4. Neo Geo MVS-1A Board inc UniBIOS

QJygN.jpg

By the way, excuse my ignorance, but where is the UniBIOS? I'm thinking it's that chubby looking yolk front of centre of the board. I tried to pull the chip out thinking it was socketed, I guess not? It doesn't look soldered anywhere at all on the underside either.

Where am I supposed to be looking? Any ideas? Not that I can use the thing yet anyway as my MAK Strike, PSU and AES stick haven't arrived yet.

Cheers! :)

I'm actually tempted to pick up that set for the t-shirt. **** resale value.
    Yeah, I said it.

Well the t shirt wont be fitting anyone who is of any kind of slim build, mine wont anyway, XL I got

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,885 ✭✭✭Steve X2

By the way, excuse my ignorance, but where is the UniBIOS? I'm thinking it's that chubby looking yolk front of centre of the board. I tried to pull the chip out thinking it was socketed, I guess not? It doesn't look soldered anywhere at all on the underside either.

Where am I supposed to be looking? Any ideas? Not that I can use the thing yet anyway as my MAK Strike, PSU and AES stick haven't arrived yet.

Cheers! :)

Yeah, thats the chip in the middle front I think.

You should be able to remove it as you can send it back to be reflashed with a new bios if they make one or you got an older version.

Edit:
    It might say 2.3 or 3.0 on the chip as well. Thats the bios version you have.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Not all MVS motherboards are socketed, see this site for details,
    mvs faq

Thanks gents. I could see no telling markings on the chip either only made in Singapore. Maybe it's not removable?

I opened up the MVS carts last night to check the boards to see they were genuine. 99.9% certain they are, which is good. :)

Master of the Universe

Well all those cart shells look genuine anyway. Interesting, your Temco World Soccer has a sub 1000 serial. Tis pretty early!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Ordered 2 Espgaluda but only 1 was shipped.

6119921808_c5b20b1154_z.jpg

Master of the Universe

Shin Shinobi Den! Nice one! I've wanted to get Shinobi X for my Saturn for ages but it's just too damn expensive. May cave and buy that instead. I've heard the soundtracks are different though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Hopefully my Saturn arrives soon, been dying to play one for ages. is it hard to make them region free?

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Just buy an Action Replay 4 in 1 and you're good to go with imports. It also works as a RAM expansion and has save blocks too. Great little device.

http://www.segastyle.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=53

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I say have a bro like Kerbdog and pop a mod chip in there.

Master of the Universe

If you're only going to play retail games on your Saturn there's no point really. The 4 in 1 plays everything fine.

If you want to get into dodgy discs..well, that's another thing completely!

Just buy an Action Replay 4 in 1 and you're good to go with imports. It also works as a RAM expansion and has save blocks too. Great little device.

http://www.segastyle.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=53

Really must pick one of those up!
    CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I say have a bro like Kerbdog and pop a mod chip in there.

A mod chip will only allow backups form the same region afaik...I could be wrong though. I've modded a few Saturns with region switches too much like the Megadrive. It's only three sets of jumpers which dictate the region. A region modded & chipped Saturn is completely universal.
    If you're only going to play retail games on your Saturn there's no point really. The 4 in 1 plays everything fine.

If you want to get into dodgy discs..well, that's another thing completely!

So the chip is only authenticating discs, not regions? Years since I dealt with Saturn modding but thats how I remember it too.

Master of the Universe

I think that's correct yeah. Any modded Saturns I've seen tend to have a region switch on them like the Megadrive.

It's quite possible there's a mod chip out there which does it for you too.

As someone who's not really interested in playing backups, that 4 in 1 cart along with a 60hz console is all I needed.

The only issue is those damn PAL optimized games. But I haven't come across too many of them...and sure I only really buy Japanese games anyway.

I think that's correct yeah. Any modded Saturns I've seen tend to have a region switch on them like the Megadrive.

It's quite possible there's a mod chip out there which does it for you too.

As someone who's not really interested in playing backups, that 4 in 1 cart along with a 60hz console is all I needed.

The only issue is those damn PAL optimized games. But I haven't come across too many of them...and sure I only really buy Japanese games anyway.

Interesting, funny looking originals you've left in some of your consoles I've had the pleasure of modding :p

Master of the Universe

Heh, they were offical Sega prototypes, I swear!

>_>

<_<

I don't play Saturn backups. The Dreamcast and the PSone/2 on the other hand are open season :D

Heh, they were offical Sega prototypes, I swear!

>_>

<_<

I don't play Saturn backups. The Dreamcast and the PSone/2 on the other hand are open season :D

Don't you also have an Everdrive, A Super Wild Card, & various other filthy pirating devices? :p:p

Master of the Universe

Hahahaha!

Are you trying to out me or something? Is this an intervention?

• Advertisement

Hahahaha!

Are you trying to out me or something? Is this an intervention?

Its not often your caught out, so when you are...I make full use of it :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement