Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

ld2011 wrote: »
    feck ya Eabhabear, i'm now going myself tomorrow night!! :p

Haha sorry :o Thanks for all the advice everyone! I think I can limit the damage completely!! I'm gonna avoid sauces and bread so think I'll go with the fajita :)

Had a NSV today. I was shopping and tried on a pair of size 14 jeans. Now last time I tried on jeans was a good year ago and a 16 wouldn't even come up over my thighs. Today I was able to get the 14 on and zipped up. Now they were a bit uncomfortable but at least I know I'm heading in the right direction again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Thanks for that ld2011. Not sure what to have but I had a low point lunch and fruit for breakfast so I still have the majority of my dailies so damage won't be too bad for something that is 30pps!

Lainy unfortunately I can't go somewhere else because it's a girls birthday and it's a big group so I don't really get a say. I did think about not eating but that just leads to bitching so that's not an option either. I'm also trying to fit WW into my life and not my life into WW so I'm determined to get something reasonable, tasty and within my points :)

ah well thats totally understandable...if it was just dinner with a friend u cud kind sway them to go else where...but yeah birthday/group outings are out of our control!

Whatever u have :D ENJOY EVERY BITE :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Hey everyone, haven't posted here in a while. Had a horrible week last week, glad it's over. Had WI tonight and down 0.5lbs, was delighted because was really, really expecting to be up - tracking went out the window. Back on track as of now, got my third silver seven last week, here's to another stone and a half by Christmas xxx Good luck everyone for this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

... yep, I knew the 6 and 1/2 pound gain last week had to be some sort of aberration, WI this eve and I was down 7 and 1/2 pounds, I mean WTF!!!!! So that was last week's "gain" of 6 1/2 gone and an extra pound with it. :D
    I explained to the leader that the clerk had weighed me in while she went thru the book with the newbies, what she said was that the scales don't lie basically!
    Anyways sur all's well that ends well and I'm happy out to see it gone!

So now I am 2 pounds off 2 stone gone and I'm in the 13 stone bracket, barely at 13st 13 lbs but I'm there! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48 kareno.carlow

Hey everyone, down a pound at weigh in. One pound left to goal feels a bit unreal to be near my goal after so long, feels good :)

Tesco finest Irish Angus beef burgers are about 6 points each, really nice. Had it with a bundy burger bun, low low cheese slice and a few oven chips for about 14-15pp well worth it for a burger & chips :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Hey everyone, down a pound at weigh in. One pound left to goal feels a bit unreal to be near my goal after so long, feels good :)

Tesco finest Irish Angus beef burgers are about 6 points each, really nice. Had it with a bundy burger bun, low low cheese slice and a few oven chips for about 14-15pp well worth it for a burger & chips :)

I really can't wait to be a pound away from my goal! Well done, I'd say your are so happy.

Well done Karen, have you lost much to date and how long did it take?

:D hey Monife, I know it's not till tomorrow but here's hoping ye have a fantastic day and a lifetime of happiness and joy together xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

OK so I only lost 0.5lbs this week, but it was my favourite half pound so far because it brought my weight loss to 40lbs exactly and it also brought me below the 11st mark for the first time in 13 years - yay!

I'm being whisked away for the weekend to celebrate my birthday so it will be a double celebration now. :D

Actually triple, as I found out this morning I got my Diploma in Proofreading that I've been doing in my spare time.
    Bring on the weekend!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Fair play to you!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Hey all,

I have decided not to go to ww meetings anymore. I lost 9.5 pounds and then after that it seemed to be non existant:( I have PCOS which is why I'm presuming that it was taking so much longer to lose the weight. I just didn't have the €10 to spend on a meeting every week and not to see any results for it. So instead, my mam is going to weigh me in once a week. Has anybody got any tips for me to keep motivated when I don't have the 'proper' weigh in every week. I reckon I will need a heck of a lot more will power than before! I know a few here are doind ww at home, so any advice would be much appreciated.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19 fennitty

Hey all,
    This may be a silly question but how is your goal weight calculated, my leader told me i'm 7 pounds off my goal weight but i would like to lose more than that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

@Lainey: I don't know if it was this thread or the old one, but I remember you posting some tips on how to combat bloated-ness. I know I should stay away from fizzy drinks and drink loads of water, but have you any other tips? Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

@Monife. I didnt realise that tomorrow was the big day until I read Caros's post. Just wanted to add my best wishes for tomorrow & your future lives together. Try a few times in the day to just stop & take in everything that's going on around you, because it all goes by like a flash. Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Boop22 wrote: »
    Hey all,

I have decided not to go to ww meetings anymore. I lost 9.5 pounds and then after that it seemed to be non existant:( I have PCOS which is why I'm presuming that it was taking so much longer to lose the weight. I just didn't have the €10 to spend on a meeting every week and not to see any results for it. So instead, my mam is going to weigh me in once a week. Has anybody got any tips for me to keep motivated when I don't have the 'proper' weigh in every week. I reckon I will need a heck of a lot more will power than before! I know a few here are doind ww at home, so any advice would be much appreciated.:D

All the best with continuing at home. Use this thread as your meetings, and then if you start to put the weight back on or if you find your motivation disappearing, then you could consider going back to ww meetings .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Gia K

Hi,
    I am new here and probably doing this wrong, but just rejoined WWs, lost a stone between Jan & April 11, and want to loose another! I wanted a new target but the leader said 10 weeks to Haloween, so a pound a week, and that should bring me to 11' 6 by then and hopefully maintain or loose a bit more by Xmas, thought this sounds quite reasonable a pound a week? I can't exercise much due to med condition, arthritis and hate swimming so am looking for any ideas, that does'nt put strain on joints?

Maybe organise a few pals to weigh in with you, I know some peeps who did this and it worked, I think you need a bit of competition to succeed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 kareno.carlow

Caros wrote: »
    Well done Karen, have you lost much to date and how long did it take?

I've lost 3 and a half stone over two years. It's been a definite lifestyle change rather than a diet. Have completely changed my habits. Think it's prb more sustainable that way. Still have my treats, think it's important to fit it in to your life rather than feel like you're on a 'plan' you know?

Gia K wrote: »
    Hi,
    I am new here and probably doing this wrong, but just rejoined WWs, lost a stone between Jan & April 11, and want to loose another! I wanted a new target but the leader said 10 weeks to Haloween, so a pound a week, and that should bring me to 11' 6 by then and hopefully maintain or loose a bit more by Xmas, thought this sounds quite reasonable a pound a week? I can't exercise much due to med condition, arthritis and hate swimming so am looking for any ideas, that does'nt put strain on joints?

Hiya Gia..
    The only thing I could suggest would be gentle walking really,or I know you said you don't like swimming but have you tried aqua aerobics? It's great fun and would be easy on your joints. I do think its very possible to lose weight with ww without exercise though, I haven't been to the gym all summer and can't say its affected my weight loss.
    Good luck anyway, you'll get lots of support here!

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭lila44

Hi guys,

Long time lurker here, so thought it was about time to say hey!

Story is, I joined WW about 7-ish weeks ago, and I've lost quite steadily over that time, thank god. Managed 1stone and 0.5lb so far! Goal weight is looking more and more managable now!

I wasn't hugely overweight when I joined, but I could see myself beginning to get out of hand. Drinking practically every night, which led to the snacks, all the crappy frozen pizzas, take-aways etc!

But I have to say, I've found the whole thing a lot easier than I thought it would be. Don't get me wrong, I do have my days where I'm like "I neeeeeed that curly wurly!!", but overall, it's been fine. I'm not hungry all the time which shocked me!

Anyway, well done to all you ladies (and gents?)! Where wud we all be without this thread eh? ;)

• Advertisement

lila44 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Story is, I joined WW about 7-ish weeks ago, and I've lost quite steadily over that time, thank god. Managed 1stone and 0.5lb so far! Goal weight is looking more and more managable now!

I wasn't hugely overweight when I joined, but I could see myself beginning to get out of hand. Drinking practically every night, which led to the snacks, all the crappy frozen pizzas, take-aways etc!

But I have to say, I've found the whole thing a lot easier than I thought it would be. Don't get me wrong, I do have my days where I'm like "I neeeeeed that curly wurly!!", but overall, it's been fine. I'm not hungry all the time which shocked me!

Anyway, well done to all you ladies (and gents?)! Where wud we all be without this thread eh? ;)

Hiya Lila..
    I know this thread is invaluable! Wow you have done fantastic so far,well done! I've lost about 1.5 stone, have another 2 to go! But it doesn't seem to be impossible now,which is spurring me on even more!
    Do you go to a meeting or online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭blueshark22

Well guys , was bricking it for my wi this week but managed a pound! Got my first stone out of the way now , a couple more to go but feeling mighty!!

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭lila44

m'lady wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Hiya Lila..
    I know this thread is invaluable! Wow you have done fantastic so far,well done! I've lost about 1.5 stone, have another 2 to go! But it doesn't seem to be impossible now,which is spurring me on even more!
    Do you go to a meeting or online?

I go to a meeting, don't think I could do it on my own! You've done great! Do u notice a difference since u lost weight?

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Hey all hope you're all enjoying the weekend? :) some great losses here keep it up!

So had my WI this morning & I'm thrilled to be down 1.75lbs & that now means 29lbs lost altogether so the second stone & forth silver 7 :D delighted doesn't even begin to describe how I feel!

I'm now 11 St 6lbs & I want just under another 2 stone gone to be ideally 9.10 or so :) it's been a long time getting that second stone but 7 months in I'm glad I'm continuing to stick with the plan.

I treated myself by getting a new haircut & colour & I love that too!

Keep up the great work everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭blueshark22

Girls , as a newbie to this ww scene im just wondering how yer time of the month affects weigh ins, is it unusual to not lose as much? I'm getting conflicting reports from my pals on this??

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Boop 22 I'm doing the plan at home & my advice would be to

-pick a WI day & time & stick to it every week
    - make sure you have a good digital scales & weigh yourself in the same room/spot each week to make sure you get an accurate result
    -discipline! You have got to be really disciplined you are accountable to only yourself but in my view that's the most important person it's not a competition it's your weightloss journey & if you don't do it for yourself what's the point? It's too easy to fall off the wagon if you have the mindset feck it sure I've no leader ill eat what i want & skip a WI - Be your own leader & come on here for tips advice etc :)
    - log your weightloss each week I use iwatcher on my phone & it's great to see the little graph going in the right direction.
    - set your mini goals & when you reach them treat yourself my thing was to put money in a jar @ WI every week when I'd hit a mini goal I'd use that money to buy myself a new nailvarnish, eye shadow etc.
    - still celebrate the silver 7 & stones just because you don't go to a meeting doesn't mean you can't do that.

I much Prefer doing it at home meetings would not have been for me but I've been really strict with myself I track & weigh everything & I record the gains & the losses. Once you are organised & in the right mindset you really will be able to do it.

I know you have PCOS but maybe try switch up some of your eating & exercise to try shock your body a bit. PCOS will make weightloss harder but if we only eat & do the same things our bodies get way to used to them.

Best of luck & if you need any help drop me a pm I've done @ home now for 7 months so I know all the pitfalls at this stage! :)

I go to a meeting, don't think I could do it on my own! You've done great! Do u notice a difference since u lost weight?

Ah thanks, its been slow but It's steady so I'm happy enough, I spent too many years wanting a quick fix and It's only now I realise it needs to be gradual as it is a life style change not a diet. Have I noticed a difference? Mmmm, well I've dropped a dress size definitely on bottom, not so much on top-those damn boobs!!
    I think the main difference is I feel so much better in myself, in that I'm doing something about my weight. Don't get me wrong, I'm no angel, and I have my treats-probably too many! And I have my bad days, but this time around I realise that a bad day does NOT have to turn into a bad week. I get back on track,which has made a massive difference to my weight loss this time!

Anyway sorry for such long reply! If you've any questions feel free to ask me, either pm or on this ;)

Have to laugh at long time lurker, thats me too! I might try aqua aerobics too, wonder if there is any North Co Dublin, where you can just pay as you go??? I lurk around here and also support newbies with Arthritis online, but don't really find this so easy to navigate, but maybe I'm bit thick. Anyway just had a WW sausage & mash and glass of Rose WW wine, am I good or what??? Am sure will do damage later on tnite! But sure, what r the 49 points for! Also, had my curley wurley earlier love them, tho don't think staff in Butlers coffee were impressed! LOL!

No longer lurking, x Gia.:pac:

Gia K wrote: »
    Have to laugh at long time lurker, thats me too! I might try aqua aerobics too, wonder if there is any North Co Dublin, where you can just pay as you go??? I lurk around here and also support newbies with Arthritis online, but don't really find this so easy to navigate, but maybe I'm bit thick. Anyway just had a WW sausage & mash and glass of Rose WW wine, am I good or what??? Am sure will do damage later on tnite! But sure, what r the 49 points for! Also, had my curley wurley earlier love them, tho don't think staff in Butlers coffee were impressed! LOL!

No longer lurking, x Gia.:pac:

Ha ha... I did the same in 'Costa' there last week with a crunchie!
    Where is north county Dublin are ya, pm me if you prefer cos I did aqua in various places when I lived up there so might be able to advise you..

• Advertisement

I must admit I'm not a fan of the WW ready meals and stuff but yesterday I needed cream for something I was making and decided to go with the pot of WW cream, and I have to put my hands up and say it's not bad at all. I used it as part of a recipe with blue cheese but it would be delish with strawberries or a meringue.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement