Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

MaggieMay2 wrote: »
    Did you not even need to use spray oil?? Totally need to get a good one, and I need to invest in a good wok as well

nope nothing not a drop it was great! :D delighted! All stocked up on fruit today :D so back on track....been outa fruit, sugar free squash and ready brek last few days...its had me all out of wack!

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

m'lady wrote: »
    Thanks Boop..much appreciated. Now just to annoy u again, could u tell me the app you use?

Its the Ultimate Weight Watcher Diary app.... only cost like a couple of euro and is the best purchase ever:) It has a built in database which gives points for all different types of food and drink. It also calculates Daily points allowance and activity points etc. And has a chart showing your weight loss to date! Would definately recommend getting it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    nope nothing not a drop it was great! :D delighted! All stocked up on fruit today :D so back on track....been outa fruit, sugar free squash and ready brek last few days...its had me all out of wack!

Totally if I don't have all my usual suspects that I use on a daily basis I would panic and struggle. Thats why I find myself buying extra of all those things, porridge squash etc. Always have the presses stacked of the healthy stuff. All fruit at the mo seems to be going off real quick though :mad:

Our leader said tonight that there are 10 more weigh in's until next bank holiday, halloween. Good mini goal if you aim for a pound a week. 10 pounds. DO IT!!

I haven't used my weeklies at all since I began and could only manage to lose a pound a week. So this week I aimed to use them to see if it made a difference. I only managed to use 22 and lost .5lb?? My leader said thats good now eat more. I don't get it. When I didn't eat weeklies I lost more. Any thoughts peeps?? Thanks in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 clovestreats

Had my first WI today and I'm down 4 and a half lbs!!! Wooo hooo!! So delighted. I've been making excuses about my weight and eating for so long and feel so good to have worked hard, not felt one bit guilty all week and now to see a result! It's def worth the effort.
    Well done to everyone working hard. Whether ye are seeing the results this week or next or even not at all atm. You should all be so proud of yourselves :)

@Maggie May: could it be to do with your metabolism?? Some foods help it and sometimes eating less could slow it down so I've heard

Totally if I don't have all my usual suspects that I use on a daily basis I would panic and struggle. Thats why I find myself buying extra of all those things, porridge squash etc. Always have the presses stacked of the healthy stuff. All fruit at the mo seems to be going off real quick though :mad:

Our leader said tonight that there are 10 more weigh in's until next bank holiday, halloween. Good mini goal if you aim for a pound a week. 10 pounds. DO IT!!

I haven't used my weeklies at all since I began and could only manage to lose a pound a week. So this week I aimed to use them to see if it made a difference. I only managed to use 22 and lost .5lb?? My leader said thats good now eat more. I don't get it. When I didn't eat weeklies I lost more. Any thoughts peeps?? Thanks in advance.

yeah I always buy it in bulk....all my bulk just kinda ran out at this week! Just didnt have money to "stock up" lately...and dont get me started....10 euro in strawberries chucked out last week....2 days and they were covered in fuzz....i'm spoilage freak....tiniest bit and i'm not touching it....but these were COVERED! :(

Right....for the next week gotta REALLY focus on theory test....been doing....pretty okay i think with it :) My sims addiction is back in full swing! Oi! Just ordered Sims 3....but not opening it until after My theory test...and I lose at least 1lb! haha! Lose 1lb then I can play! haha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭getsun

Hi guys, how may propoints are in sea bass from a restaurant

Lady Lainey that's the first time I've heard that for motivation. It's like rewarding a child, ha!! Yea I know what you mean, I thought pay day would never come this week. I was having beans on toast for lunch all last week. On the upside though it's low in pp has carbs and protein so was well satisfied.

Guys I was feeling totally retro tonight so made semolina....I know! It was almost like my Ma had made it for me :) 1pp per 10g so 20g was loads. Used milk from daily allowance. Had with warm strawberries....yum

Lady Lainey that's the first time I've heard that for motivation. It's like rewarding a child, ha!! Yea I know what you mean, I thought pay day would never come this week. I was having beans on toast for lunch all last week. On the upside though it's low in pp has carbs and protein so was well satisfied.

Guys I was feeling totally retro tonight so made semolina....I know! It was almost like my Ma had made it for me :) 1pp per 10g so 20g was loads. Used milk from daily allowance. Had with warm strawberries....yum

at this stage I'll try anything for motivation....non food reward LOL..

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭supermouse

Hey everyone! Im new to WW and had my first WI last night. I wasnt expecting much cos i've been sick all week and had a mini-pigout on Fri and Sat .. but i did loose 300g (im in NZ so work in KG's)

Love all the support from this thread, i'll defo be trying to keep up with ye :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Mollie57

Hi all, have totally fallen off the wagon lately and struggling to get back on - summer is the worst time for me to lose weight.

Totally agree about fruit going off although find Aldi or Lidl fruit n veg last much longer than other supermarkets - I now only buy small amounts of fresh fruit I can use and bulk buy frozen and canned fruit. Know its not the same - frozen fruit is mushy but can be used in smoothies and desserts.

All your posts are so encouraging and find them great as am not wasting money going to meetings when not getting my head around sticking to programme at the moment.

Heres to new beginnings

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

Woo Hoo!!! So Instead of letting my STS get me down this week I have pointed and exercised properly the last couple of days and upped the water intake. This morning I got on my home scales just to see how I was getting on and for the first time in maybe 18 months I was below the 11 stone mark. I know I've still got a fair way to go but I've been hovering just over that line the last few weeks and to finally have cracked it was just the push I feel like I needed. I swear I felt like I was never gonna see the other side of that 11 lol So gonna keep up the good work til Tuesday and hopefully the WW scales will say the same thing.

Back on my fruit, porridge, and pint of water with sugar free squash this morning...and i'm stuffed! and i didnt even have my coffee! woo!

the skinny mocha's I like have gone up 50c! 3.40 for 8 sachets! Rip off! I like a hot drink....so options hot chocolate...even if its 3.99 a tub....but u get like 20 mugs outa that (11g a mug....I weight it out LOL)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 OBHOB

Hi, i'm new to this board, i have just joined ww 3 weeks ago, but i'm not sure how to calculate activity point. I currently weigh 10st 13lbs and do a spinning class that is about 55 mins long with a 10min warm up and 5min warm down, how many activity points would i get for that, i have worked it out as 5?

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Back on my fruit, porridge, and pint of water with sugar free squash this morning...and i'm stuffed! and i didnt even have my coffee! woo!

the skinny mocha's I like have gone up 50c! 3.40 for 8 sachets! Rip off! I like a hot drink....so options hot chocolate...even if its 3.99 a tub....but u get like 20 mugs outa that (11g a mug....I weight it out LOL)

Where do you get them?! I can only get them in Sainsburys in Newry, £1.69 for a box of 8, and they were BOGOF last time I was there (I bought about 6 boxes :p)

misslt wrote: »
    Where do you get them?! I can only get them in Sainsburys in Newry, £1.69 for a box of 8, and they were BOGOF last time I was there (I bought about 6 boxes :p)

The skinny mocha, they're Necafe, there in dunnes, tesco, supervalu, 3 euro 50! feck off my coffee addiction aint that bad....i just cant be arsed making real coffee in the morning even tho i have decent coffee mocha beans...

I got the 220g tub of Options banoffee hot chocolate in dunnes...its so expensive...i'm making sure i weight out the freaking 11g!

I dont like tea...and too much caffine messus up my sleep....i have noticed last few days...my sleeping is ALOT better since switching to hot chocolate...and if i want a soft drink i now drink sprite zero instead of diet coke

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

The skinny mocha, they're Necafe, there in dunnes, tesco, supervalu, 3 euro 50! feck off my coffee addiction aint that bad....i just cant be arsed making real coffee in the morning even tho i have decent coffee mocha beans...

I got the 220g tub of Options banoffee hot chocolate in dunnes...its so expensive...i'm making sure i weight out the freaking 11g!

I can never find them anywhere apart from Sainsburys :(

The Skinny cappucinos are 1pp per sachet, you get 11 in it I think and they might be slightly cheaper if thats any good to you?

Edit - Tesco online have them BOGOF at the mo!

The Skinny cappucinos are 1pp per sachet, you get 11 in it I think and they might be slightly cheaper if thats any good to you?

awwww feck i keep forgetting there 1pp tooo....but u know what....it'll do me no harm to lay off the caffine a bit! i know i'll be guzzling the stuff once im back at college!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Down a lb yesterday. I was slightly disappointed as it's only cancelling out last weeks lb gain. But I stepped on my scales this morning and I was 11st9lbs which was my first time being that :D

I'm going out for dinner tomorrow to TGIs and was wondering does anyone know any dishes offhand that might not be too bad. I'll have most of my daily's and all my weeklies. And I'll be going for a very long walk today and tomorrow!

OBHOB do you have the pack? The activity points and how to calculate them are in the purple book. Generally if in doubt I go for medium intensity! Spinning would generally be high intensity.

Edit - Tesco online have them BOGOF at the mo!

took me a while to figure out what BOGOF meant LOL

Handy, considering I need to a big "stocking up" shop....non perishable stuff :D

Tesco 4 Beef Quarter Pounders 454G (these are the ones for 2.00 EURO)

5pp per GRILLED PORTION (ie per grilled burger)

PICTURE OF BOX ATTACHED

Big Al's quarter pounders are about 8pp....thats a HUGE difference!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 ld2011

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Down a lb yesterday. I was slightly disappointed as it's only cancelling out last weeks lb gain. But I stepped on my scales this morning and I was 11st9lbs which was my first time being that :D

I'm going out for dinner tomorrow to TGIs and was wondering does anyone know any dishes offhand that might not be too bad. I'll have most of my daily's and all my weeklies. And I'll be going for a very long walk today and tomorrow!

OBHOB do you have the pack? The activity points and how to calculate them are in the purple book. Generally if in doubt I go for medium intensity! Spinning would generally be high intensity.

here's a list of some of their foods:

rib eye steak and chips - 34pp's
    jack daniels chicken 37pp's
    southwest burger - 55pp's
    bbq burger - 53pp's
    classic cheeseburger - 44pp's
    double stacked bacon cheeseburger - 77pp's
    chicken fingers - 36pp's
    sizzling chicken - 38pp's
    wicked chicken - 33pp's
    grilled chicken sandwich - 30pp's
    sizxling fajita & chicken 29pp's
    sizzling vege fajita - 25pp's
    cajun chicken penne - 30pp's
    spicy diablo pasta - 18pp's
    bbq chicken salad 21pp's
    chicken caesar salad - 24pp's
    j.d salmon salad 20pp's
    " SHRIMP SALAD 17pp's

i looooove the bruschetta it's all i go there for, but it was 12 points, i can only imagine the propoints, all that bread

jesus christ 77 pp for a burger!!! :O shocking!!

is there any way ye go could somewhere else other than TGIs? Its awfully high on points....nothing is really "a good choice"

considering you have all of your weeklies and most of your dailies, there area couple of ok things i suppose, the steak or fajitas or the chicken sandwich (i have had it before and it's delish, and i wasn't dieting at the time), though that seems to be without the chips. You have to treat yourself once in a while and should be able to stay within your weeklies if you're happy enough to use them all at once. Enjoy, my mouth is watering here i think i'll have to take a trip myself!!! :pac:

is there any way ye go could somewhere else other than TGIs? Its awfully high on points....nothing is really "a good choice"

I remember last time I was home I was telling my lil bro about weightwatchers and the propoints in things and I said after reading the eating out guide I would never set foot in TGI's again cos I just couldn't justify using that many points on one meal. As opposed to being off putting my bro asked to see the book, looked up the 77pp burger and set himself a personal challenge to go and gobble it, which he did the next week. Each to their own I guess lol

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

Whoa! Serious points there. Thank goodness there's not a TGI anywhere near me cos I love the sound of some of their stuff!

WI this eve, ref my own scales and the one in the warehouse at work !!!! I have cancelled out the 6 1/2 pound gain last week, will be very interesting to see what the WW scales says. Did WI in the AM before I left for work , my home scales weighs 4 pounds lighter than the WW scales and it was showing me at 13st 9lbs - bless it!!!! Anyway time will tell!!!

Hoping to get back to walking from saturday as my rib is so much better now!!!

donnamc5 wrote: »
    I remember last time I was home I was telling my lil bro about weightwatchers and the propoints in things and I said after reading the eating out guide I would never set foot in TGI's again cos I just couldn't justify using that many points on one meal. As opposed to being off putting my bro asked to see the book, looked up the 77pp burger and set himself a personal challenge to go and gobble it, which he did the next week. Each to their own I guess lol

.............. In fairness, it is tempting isn't it! anything with that many points has to be heaven on a plate!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Thanks for that ld2011. Not sure what to have but I had a low point lunch and fruit for breakfast so I still have the majority of my dailies so damage won't be too bad for something that is 30pps!

Lainy unfortunately I can't go somewhere else because it's a girls birthday and it's a big group so I don't really get a say. I did think about not eating but that just leads to bitching so that's not an option either. I'm also trying to fit WW into my life and not my life into WW so I'm determined to get something reasonable, tasty and within my points :)

Thanks for that ld2011. Not sure what to have but I had a low point lunch and fruit for breakfast so I still have the majority of my dailies so damage won't be too bad for something that is 30pps!

Lainy unfortunately I can't go somewhere else because it's a girls birthday and it's a big group so I don't really get a say. I did think about not eating but that just leads to bitching so that's not an option either. I'm also trying to fit WW into my life and not my life into WW so I'm determined to get something reasonable, tasty and within my points :)

Heya, There's definitely some things there that aren't going too crazy with points. I would probably go for the chicken fajitas myself. They come out on a sizzling platter and are very tasty, had them at a friend's hen do last year. It's the big burgers and things I would steer clear of. Oh, and other big thing- They are very into their sauces and the sauces are thick and heavy so try and make sure if you do get anything with sauce that it is on the side so you can moderate the amount you have yourself, that would be my survival tip anyway.

Maybe you could get a side of salad as well without dressing and load up your plate with that?? Also I sometimes order fajitas and only have one of the wraps and then eat the rest with the salad which is just as nice. And also as hard as it (and maybe crazy talk here) but just cos your in a restaurant and your out doesn't mean you have to finish everything on your plate. TGI's normally do BIG portions so 'if' (I use it losely) you can stop when your full it would keep you in some control and damage limitation......

• Advertisement

feck ya Eabhabear, i'm now going myself tomorrow night!! :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement