Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moto G - [Threads Merged]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

Anyone with the G2 LTE XT1072 get the latestest stagefright patch yet or just the 1068's? not overly pushed as I saw some horrible reports of bricking, just curious.

Tks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Having had my patience tested by my 2nd Gen MotoG have just ordered a Doogee F3 pro. Have had mixed experience with Chinese phones so we shall see.

http://smartphonesblog.com/compare/Motorola-Moto-G-2015-vs-Doogee-F3-Pro

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Cerdito

Hi all

Can anyone here clarify if the garbling / dropped call issue on Vodafone is happening with the 3rd Gen? My wife has a 1st Gen on Vodafone and this happens all the time to her. I was going to buy her the 3rd gen to fix the problem but there's no way I'm doing that if it is also affected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭nc6000

Cerdito wrote: »
    Hi all

Can anyone here clarify if the garbling / dropped call issue on Vodafone is happening with the 3rd Gen? My wife has a 1st Gen on Vodafone and this happens all the time to her. I was going to buy her the 3rd gen to fix the problem but there's no way I'm doing that if it is also affected.

I have that problem with a first Gen and I'm also with Vodafone. Did you get anywhere with either Vodafone or Motorola?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

thomasj wrote: »
    The marshmallow update when it comes will let you transfer your apps to microsd card as well as downloading them direct to the memory card

No microSD slot. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭alwayswright

At the end of my tether with Motorola's Customer Support. Sent my Moto G for repairs, under warrenty, over a month ago. Still no sign of the phone to come back to this day. It was dispatched by Fonfix mid September and I have no idea where it is now. Contacted Motorola 4 times, told me they were 'escalating' the issue, but I've yet to hear a single thing back from them.

Anyone have any idea at all how to proceed with this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

Dave..M wrote: »
    Anyone with the G2 LTE XT1072 get the latest stagefright patch yet or just the 1068's? not overly pushed as I saw some horrible reports of bricking, just curious.

Tks

To awnser my own question it came through last night, interestingly the initial screen said the update included 5.1 & the Stagefright patch which seemed strange but when it downloaded it was only 25MB so it was too small for 5.1 and the version is still 5.0.2. Wasn't expecting 5.1 so not surprised but the badly labelled update screen isn't exactly awe inspiring but at least it didn't brick the phone!

Just got the 5.1 update on my 1st Gen XT1032. Now to see if this improves Lollipop at all. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 506 ✭✭✭tiegan

nc6000 wrote: »
    Just got the 5.1 update on my 1st Gen XT1032. Now to see if this improves Lollipop at all. :rolleyes:

Me too!! Still trying to decide whether to upgrade to newest edition of Moto G or not. If the update does not slow up the phone too much I will stick with it. It has been a great value phone for the price and nearly 2 years old now. No problems with it yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

just installed 5.1 , lets see if it helps.

edit:

been using it all day , much much quicker! great improvement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭NATLOR

papu wrote: »
    just installed 5.1 , lets see if it helps.

edit:

been using it all day , much much quicker! great improvement

Plus one to that, my 1st gen was a disaster after installing 5.0 lolipop did the update this morning and its like a new phone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

NATLOR wrote: »
    Plus one to that, my 1st gen was a disaster after installing 5.0 lolipop did the update this morning and its like a new phone!

yup , delighted I didn't ditch the phone now. replaced the battery 2 weeks ago aswell , such a bang for buck mobile!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 104 ✭✭ieoin

I have an unlocked XT1032 with retail.en.gb and still no sign. Did the update come as a notification or did you need to manually need to check for the update?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Do all your Apps work after update?

I've one I'm "premium" on that I'll have to buy again if it stops working after update.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

ieoin wrote: »
    I have an unlocked XT1032 with retail.en.gb and still no sign. Did the update come as a notification or did you need to manually need to check for the update?

May take awhile to reach everyone, 5.0 was weeks reaching people.

Good few of on moto g subreddit getting the update today as well. Hopefully I will get it soon

Phone working fine after the update. When I woke up this morning it was prompting me to install it, I didn't have to check.

I also cleared the cache partition afterwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭NATLOR

ieoin wrote: »

I checked for mine after seeing the posts here but any previous updates came with a notification.Phone was bought from Tesco UK

Got it eventually could be something to do with my battery being quite low but downloaded it and everything is fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭kman

My 1st gen Moto G got the 5.1 update Tuesday, (I didn't need to check, notification popped up) it had slowed to crawling under Lollipop 5.0 , almost unusable, much much zippier now, no more lag, happy I held on to it. Wifi connection issues to the FlashAir card in my camera also seem to be gone.

• Advertisement

Anyone else get the battery drain issue with the 1st Gen?

Mine immediately drops to 0% battery and shuts down once it gets to 15% battery. Battery saver is off.

Cleaing cache partition every once in a while seems to do the phone good as well. Also look at what apps are always running and see if you really need them.

This is a good little app which sorted out my Moto G battery drop problem for me....

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.optura.batterycalibrator

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Anyone know the cheapest place to get the 3rd gen 16gb version. I really need the 2gb ram. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,760 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Just been offered a new software update 22.56.3 ENG.gb. Anybody risk it yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭partnership

I got a replacement phone from Amazon when I emailed them about the Motorola dropping calls. Have it a few weeks and it has dropped calls twice. Same pattern squiggly sound and then call dropped. Anyone got any suggestions on how to fix? It is not the sim as I replaced that the last time. Neither sim drops calls on any other phone.

I got a replacement phone from Amazon when I emailed them about the Motorola dropping calls. Have it a few weeks and it has dropped calls twice. Same pattern squiggly sound and then call dropped. Anyone got any suggestions on how to fix? It is not the sim as I replaced that the last time. Neither sim drops calls on any other phone.

I get this too. Are you with Vodafone?

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭partnership

Yes but I don't think it is the network as don't get when I put the sims in any other phone. Also I replaced the sim with a new one. The fact that they replaced it no questions says to me that this is a fault and they have discontinued that phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

I'm looking for the 16gb/2gb version of the 2015 Moto GG as a gift for someone. The best/only deal I've found so far is €229.99 on Amazon.fr. Anyone aware of a better price somewhere else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 506 ✭✭✭tiegan

corwill wrote: »
    I'm looking for the 16gb/2gb version of the 2015 Moto GG as a gift for someone. The best/only deal I've found so far is €229.99 on Amazon.fr. Anyone aware of a better price somewhere else?
    Also on Amazon italy for 209.99 euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

Awh, I had decided to get a toastmade cover for my Moto G, then saw there was a newer model and decided I'd upgrade to that first before investing in a cover.

But they don't have the covers designed for the 3rd gen model yet and have no specific plans for one :(

If anyone else wants a (really cool) cover for their moto G 3rd gen, please contact these guys and express interest. http://www.toastmade.com/products/moto-g-2nd-gen.html

In the meantime, do I get myself this cover for the 2nd gen I have (5 inch, 4g model, very happy with it!) or does anyone have any interesting and unique cover recommendations for the 3rd gen that is calling me with its 2gb ram...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,059 ✭✭✭Doge

After reading the positive feedback on here I decided to flash the 5.1 ROM on my first gen and the phone is truly fast again. Had downgraded to KitKat a month or 2 back.

The only thing that seems to be missing now is the cast screen button, its not in the pull down menu, nor is it in Display settings. Anyone else missing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭RickyBobby1

My phone just turned off by it self yesterday. And I can't turn it back on. I tried holding the volume down button but nothing and I left it charging all night as well. Luckily I am inside my warranty for another two week

It is the second gen I have as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭DopeTech

My phone just turned off by it self yesterday. And I can't turn it back on. I tried holding the volume down button but nothing and I left it charging all night as well. Luckily I am inside my warranty for another two week

It is the second gen I have as well

Hold power button for a couple of mins. It should come back on.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Hold power button for a couple of mins. It should come back on.
    Tried that loads of time still no luck 😦

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

Tried that loads of time still no luck 😦

Apologies if I'm misreading, but did you do power button + volume down for like a minute? You said volume down, the other guy said power button... Just in case. That's the boot menu, and that happened to me a few weeks ago.

passive wrote: »
    Apologies if I'm misreading, but did you do power button + volume down for like a minute? You said volume down, the other guy said power button... Just in case. That's the boot menu, and that happened to me a few weeks ago.

Yeah I done the power and volume down button together for about five minutes. Tried it a few times after charging phone. The weird thing is when it first happened I was using a cap charger at work the screen that I want to come up now came up then but I didn't have a clue what that was about till I came home and researched it.
    I'm going to try and see if it makes a difference tomorrow if I use the charger at work if not il return it to tesco..still have receipt and box anyways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057528558 - thread in bargain alerts for the new model 16gb @ 192e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Smashed the screen on my roughly 15 month old Moto G this morning. Thinking of getting the same gen again, or is it worth getting the third gen one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Smashed the screen on my roughly 15 month old Moto G this morning. Thinking of getting the same gen again, or is it worth getting the third gen one?

Do you value the notification LED on a phone? If so, avoid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭dinky earnshaw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Thanks, ordered it this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

It's a good deal but the limited storage space can be an issue. No matter the size of your SD card, you can't move all apps over to it, so you may find yourself in a constant battle to allow space for updates etc. Might be an issue considering.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Three have 3rd gen moto g for 159 euro today. Only 8gb internal memory though

Just got my 3rd Gen 2/16gb. Delighted with it, silky smooth and fast, so much nicer than my MotoG which was really hampered by the Lollipop upgrade. Some really nice features, twist for camera, handshake for torch. Everything migrated across fine, super, super phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Just got my 3rd Gen 2/16gb. Delighted with it, silky smooth and fast, so much nicer than my MotoG which was really hampered by the Lollipop upgrade. Some really nice features, twist for camera, handshake for torch. Everything migrated across fine, super, super phone.
    Where did you buy and how much.

Amazon uk, €230.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Lekrub

Just want to say cheers to this thread for some info on this phone. I was on the edge between the Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 and this - both versions. Went with the moto g 3rd gen 8g/1gb ram. Class phone and no lag with the smaller ram either. Very fast with newest lollipop version pre-installed and really sharp hd screen..Well pleased! Beats the Iphone 5 imo. The 5.5" screen on the vodafone was just too feckin big aswell.

Best thing it was only 190.
    1) Go to 3 or Meteor buy it for 180 plus 10 euro sim card.
    2) DON'T let them put the sim card in - they probably wont anyway - cos the phone locks to the first sim that it goes too.
    3) Save 35-45 by doing this.
    4) Treat yourself to pints:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

35 euro? Where are you buying the unlock code?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Lekrub

RossieMan wrote: »
    35 euro? Where are you buying the unlock code?

Off retail price / amazon

• Advertisement
Advertisement