Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

EnterNow wrote: »
    Anything in general really :D How many times did ya puke last night today?

:pac:

tumbleweed-300x292.jpg

Rez a twin stick game btw? Think I played a demo of it on 360 but never gave it a chance really.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,639 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

How dare you lump Rez in with the FPS of downloadable games, the increasingly boring genre of twin stick shooters. Rez is an into the screen music based shooter and an absolute thing of beauty.

I know what type of game it is, I was just asking about the controls.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,522 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Andrew76 refers to Rez as a twin stick shooter?
    I think you'll find my chap at the door with your coat, hat and cane, this club is no longer open to you, I trust you will find other arrangements at a venue with.. lower standards of admission.
    Good day to you sir!

Oh, and on a brighter note,
    Went to see Tintin this evening with wife and boy, it was excellent!
    Everything Indy used to be before George got his sticky mitts on the scripts, it was packed with action, had a story that made some sense, it had a great cast and was beautifully animated.

I can't wait to see the next one!

For Retr0gamer and Ciderman:

jump+to+conclusions+mat.jpg

I couldn't remember what kind of control scheme it used, never once said it was a shooter. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,639 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Retrogamers: Know your genres! It's a Dreamcast game, it should have been obvious. Twin Sticks on a DC? Not unless you have forked out for the special stick for Virtual On Oratorio my dear boy :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    How dare you lump Rez in with the FPS of downloadable games, the increasingly boring genre of twin stick shooters.
    CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Andrew76 refers to Rez as a twin stick shooter?
    I think you'll find my chap at the door with your coat, hat and cane, this club is no longer open to you, I trust you will find other arrangements at a venue with.. lower standards of admission.
    Good day to you sir!!

Always one to back the underdog me....it should be noted Andrew has a Candy Cab. Its an arcade cab, of which neither of you two connoisseurs possess ;)

That HD version for the 360 must have been a figment of my imagination so. You know, then one I said I played a demo of.

Always one to back the underdog me....it should be noted Andrew has a Candy Cab. Its an arcade cab, of which neither of you two connoisseurs possess ;)

That was actually the reason I was asking, I was curious if the 360 version would work on a cab controller wise.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Anything in general really :D How many times did ya puke last night today?

0!

I stumbled home at 4-ish am, slept for 2 hours, woke up in a fierce state, devoured a mcdonalds breakfast, went into work for 9am, came home at 3, had a nap and I'm all good now :D

0!

I stumbled home at 4-ish am, slept for 2 hours, woke up in a fierce state, devoured a mcdonalds breakfast, went into work for 9am, came home at 3, had a nap and I'm all good now :D

Double sausage & egg mcmuffin with a large sprite & a bacon roll? Anything less & respect level drops rapidly....

• Advertisement

Andrew76 wrote: »
    That HD version for the 360 must have been a figment of my imagination so. You know, then one I said I played a demo of.

It exists alright. It also still only uses one stick so will be fine for a candy cab.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,846 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Started working on a Game Boy color earlier this evening.
    Got dragged away and forced to watch the X Factor and then on for a good few pints.

Now back at my desk and have this to sort out.
    dsc5559c.jpg

Dump it in a press or continue working while under the influence?

Steve SI wrote: »
    Dump it in a press or continue working while under the influence?

How steady is your hand for whatever you're doing to it? :) Fix or a mod?

Just about to start some pad hack work myself (thanks again EnterNow), decided to use a terminal strip after all.

padhackjst.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Double sausage & egg mcmuffin with a large sprite & a bacon roll? Anything less & respect level drops rapidly....

Double bacon & egg! Not mad on the sausage. Bacon rolls are too dry :P

In gaming related matters, I shall be getting stuck into lots of games tomorrow! Hurray for days off :D

Andrew76 wrote: »
    How steady is your hand for whatever you're doing to it? :) Fix or a mod?

Just about to start some pad hack work myself (thanks again EnterNow), decided to use a terminal strip after all.

padhackjst.jpg

Just a clean and prep for the new screen cover I have coming next week.

Also the controls needed some lubrication so I did that as well as some new battery contacts.

Its from that large haul of retro stuff I got last week.
    Just needs a little love and it'll be perfect.

I hope the screen cover coming next week is better than the Nomad screen cover I got the other day. Really low quality it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

super_mario_level_by_xxepicxx-d3k927w.jpg

_gameboy_colour__by_shazy-d4dttvv.png
    when I scrolled up I thought it was Stand and Deliver
    derp

I've gone too far this time, haven't I? :o

dsc5566.jpg

Towers of retro consoles is the new thing I reckon.

Nah, gamecubes look cool all stacked up! I had 3 at one pint and it was like big lego blocks :P

Right, going to give some adult Japanese dating sims a go. Wish me luck! =/

remember what you learned from playing Doki Doki Majo Shinpan and don't pick the panda

• Advertisement

Kana Little Sister is fantastic. I'm also being being serious, it's a really good eroge title, very moving (take the mickey if you's want!).

you should be playing this
    maybe you might learn something from Arino :pac:

Steve SI wrote: »
    Started working on a Game Boy color earlier this evening.
    Got dragged away and forced to watch the X Factor I heard the X Factor starting so left my desk & bolted downstairs, and then on for a good few pints..

Just a minor correction.
    Double bacon & egg! Not mad on the sausage. Bacon rolls are too dry :P

Saus & Egg is way nicer, plus the bacon rolls are dry...but thats what ketchup is for man.
    Nah, gamecubes look cool all stacked up! I had 3 at one pint and it was like big lego blocks :P

Only Atavan would spell point like pint

Just remember, you have to smash 15 dolphin heads in order to recieve a credit for the school girl panty machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Everything Indy used to be before George got his sticky mitts on the scripts, it was packed with action, had a story that made some sense, it had a great cast and was beautifully animated.

Went to see it with the family myself, the animation is excellent nice storyline and action packed from start to finish, what surprised me was how faithful to the source material it tried to be I wasn't expecting it to be anywhere as good as it was:D

Watched Senna last night and as a huge fan of the man I can only say I was slightly dissappointed by the movie, it was like a lazer beam focusing on himself and Prost with little or no mention of the epic battles he had with Mansel and other drivers.

does anybody know where I can get a replacement LCD screen for the original Gameboy DMG-001 as I want to repair my old one I've had since 1989 (ish).
    I can't seem to find one anywhere:(

pdbhp wrote: »
    does anybody know where I can get a replacement LCD screen for the original Gameboy DMG-001 as I want to repair my old one I've had since 1989 (ish).
    I can't seem to find one anywhere:(

Email Tim from Rewind Bits, he may be able to source one for you. He certainly won't mind you asking anyway

Email Tim from Rewind Bits, he may be able to source one for you. He certainly won't mind you asking anyway

Good idea never thought of contacting those blokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Been looking forward to it for a while. May get to it tomorrow.

Stephen Moffat who does Doctor Who wrote it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

been away for the bank holidays but meant to post aldi are doing a really nice soldering iron for a tenner and helping hands for three quid . handy for modding

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,001 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Any impressive gaming Halloween costumes this year? Was at a box social last night and one girl was dressed as fire suit Link, including bomb bag and cotton bud Navi sellotaped to her hat. No boomerang though, which was a missed opportunity.

Had intended full on Vincent from Catherine costume, but unfortunately all the clothes I needed had mysteriously disappeared / never existed. I just wore the t-shirt that came with the special edition as a sad compromise.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement