Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anglo Trial - Read Mod Warning in First post

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

Cydoniac wrote: »
    I do wonder how many internet-angry people here actually followed the trial or story at any close degree...this isn't a reflection on the verdict, rather some of the posts here from people I didn't imagine to be junior economists.

Nope, doesn't stop them making ridiculous statements about our supposedly "rotten" country though

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭comewatmay

Just when you think there cannot possibly be any more unjustice in Ireland this happens.

Absolutly sickening.

I feel embarrassed for our country.

To think this man will be off playing golf in Spain for the summer sickens me.

God help whatever local councillor approaches my door this evening regardless of party they are getting an ear bashing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

Least surprising news ever. Probably tucking into a 50lb lobster and giant bottle of Dom as I type.

50lb lobster?

Maybe if lobster comes in Alsatian size!

comewatmay wrote: »
    Just when you think there cannot possibly be any more unjustice in Ireland this happens.

Absolutly sickening.

God help whatever local councillor approaches my door this evening regardless of party they are getting an ear bashing

:confused: that's just idiotic

Unless a local councillor was one of the jurors, that's pretty pointless.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Your local councillor was on the jury?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

This is beyond silly. What the hell do councillors have to do with today's verdict?

To the people saying that they're "embarrassed for the country". Could you give me a synopsis of why he should of been convicted and what charges he should have been convicted on. Please and thanks

In reality this was a hugely complex trial. It took the bones of three months and only the jurors would have been in a place to understand exactly what they were deciding on

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

Are those people on the jury completely thick ?:mad:

I think its now time for a revolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Bull_Boy

Go Seanie, it's your birthday. We gonna party like it's your birthday...

You either laugh or cry over this kind of ****!

• Advertisement

Jumboman wrote: »

lol

can you answer this seeing as you're in the know:
    To the people saying that they're "embarrassed for the country". Could you give me a synopsis of why he should of been convicted and what charges he should have been convicted on. Please and thanks

Why do you think that? I reckon you have no idea what you're talking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

As someone just posted on Twitter, 212 went to prison in 2013 for not paying their tv license, and this chap gets away with it.

Great bunch of lads the Irish are.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭BazPM

It can be googled quite easily mate. Can you not be so arrogant as to accuse anyone who is annoyed at his aquittal of being ignorant? Please and thanks

Go for it.

Dietsquirt wrote: »
    As someone just posted on Twitter, 212 went to prison in 2013 for not paying their tv license, and this chap gets away with it.

212 people broke the law. Sean Fitzpatrick didn't. I don't see your point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Did Lee Adama present his closing case or something??

Dietsquirt wrote: »

What exact crime should he have been convicted of?

Local councillors are part of the government of this country. For want of a better word they are part of the 'system' which allows this stuff to go on.

If I vent my anger at local politicians maybe them just maybe the message may go to the government and future governments that the Irish people are angry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

Justice has been done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Mahou

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Again, it was the ordinary Irish people you speak of that found him not guilty.

Did I say otherwise?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

BazPM wrote: »
    It can be googled quite easily mate. Can you not be so arrogant as to accuse anyone who is annoyed at his aquittal of being ignorant? Please and thanks
    You're welcome to provide a quick synopsis, or a Google search.

BazPM wrote: »

They are by definition ignorant. They didn't hear the evidence presented at the trial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

The smirking slimebag is on tv3 now thanking the jury, makes my blood boil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

We were warned the big players in this gangster driven catastrophe would never see a minute behind locked doors.
    We were told over and over.
    I am not surprised one bit.
    Off you go Seanie, protected till the end, enjoy your well earned freedom.

Banana Republic, Septic Isle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Fitzpatrick, the Regulator, Bertie and Biffo and the whole establishment, in a safe bunker for a Homeland - Brody style assassination - Worlds most celebrated attack.

Bastards the lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

Did you hear and read and discuss all the evidence and testimony in the case? Because if you didn't, your revolution will be a half a spin at a dance at a crossroads.

212 people broke the law. Sean Fitzpatrick didn't. I don't see your point?[

His point is that Fitzpatrick destroyed a bank, hid loans and caused untold damage on our country.

Fitzpatrick is a crook. That's his point.

Absolutly sickening.

This exemplifies everything wrong with the opinions of the majority on this thread.

What do you think should happen? That people should be convicted on inadequate evidence just because the world out there thinks they should be? Regardless of the evidence and facts in court?

If there was sufficient evidence for a conviction in court, on the charges, he'd be convicted. There wasn't, so he wasn't. That's how the legal system works.

At least he wasn't convicted unsafely on the back of public opinion, because that would be a far blacker day for justice than this is.

• Advertisement

Local councillors are part of the government of this country. For want of a better word they are part of the 'system' which allows this stuff to go on.

If I vent my anger at local politicians maybe them just maybe the message may go to the government and future governments that the Irish people are angry

Local councillors play no part in the national legislative process. They're not part of "the system".

You also said your criticism would be non-partisan. How would independent councillors have a responsibility for this judgement?

Advertisement