Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your pet did to make you smile today!

Options
  • 06-06-2013 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭

Got the inspiration for this from the parenting forums :P

Today, after letting Dude out of his crate he ran straight up to me and gave me loads of lovely headbutts, normally they take prompting! And he brought his favorite blanket downstairs and left it on the chair where my dad always sits as a present :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

He hasnt peed on or in anything except his litter trays in 2 days.....you have NO idea how much that made me smile :D

I bought new litter trays and new beds over the weekend, as the foster dog has robbed most of his, so giving him other beds higher up and away from her might be helping. Im not counting my chickens yet though.....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,269 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

My misses left half a chicken breast I had cooked for lunch on the counter after lunch and I walked into the kitchen having 5 cats pulling at the remains of it (including our 2 month old kitten!).

• Registered Users Posts: 48 danom8

My has has spent the whole afternoon sunbathing by the large window in our apartment for the past 5 days. You can tell we don't get sun in Ireland too often because when we do my cat makes the most of it. Incredibly cute!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

My doggy snoozing contently in the garden under the parasol at my husband's feet. He's had his walkies, had his nosh, and both of us are home. Life's good!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Unfortunately I have no pets as my dog and two cats have all died. It's been 20 years since we were pet-less!

However, a woman near the river in Galway let me throw their tennis ball into the river so their dog would run and dive into it. Made me smile so it did! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

This! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Done what he was told!

Also seeing how careful, gentle and loving my 100lb Dogo is with my 3 year old nephew. Every single man, woman and child that see them together can't do nothing but smile!

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

I put my gardening gloves down for a minute and when I went to put them on again they were gone.

I looked behind me and there were Henry and Jess have a game of tug of war with one of them! It's hard to sound stern when I'm laughing my a$$ off! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

just got this text of my missus who is off work today and doing housework (BTW, she believes that our cat is in love with me, hates her and is jealous of us)
    "Your cat is asleep on your dirty shirts, I want to wash them and every time I go to get them he hisses and growls at me. Don't tell me he doesn't have feelings for you!!"

;-) at least someone misses me.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I was experimenting taking a few photos of Buffy with my new phone and managed to catch this one, purely by accident ...

2nv5hd0.jpg

I never realized how long a cat's tongue was :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭eirator

Our animals haven't done anything too clever today but it turns out my son washed his hair last night and used the pet shampoo by mistake now that did make us all smile :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,269 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Waking up and seeing one of our cats sitting on my side (sleeping on the side) around tummy level looking at me and wondering when I'm going to wake up and feed her (second chat was loafing next to me to notice when I moved).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

I was minding a friends puppy for a while this morning. The puppy was about the size of my boxers head! When I was making a sandwich I threw my dog a slice of ham and he caught it in his mouth, then the puppy ran over to him and he dropped it and let the puppy take it away, it made me smile, so proud to see my usually crazy, lunatic dog being so gentle and kind with a teeny tiny puppy,

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I'll smile later if T hasn't dug my rose bush up again. She showed no interest for months, but saw me weeding last week and somehow got it into her head that it was ok to start digging holes all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭noddyone2

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Unfortunately I have no pets as my dog and two cats have all died. It's been 20 years since we were pet-less!

However, a woman near the river in Galway let me throw their tennis ball into the river so their dog would run and dive into it. Made me smile so it did! :)
    Hope you get a new pet soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

My cat keeps chasing flies out the window and then sitting on the open window frame and meowing sadly after them.
    "noooo come back"
    "I just want to be friends!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Poppy is sound asleep on the couch beside me and her little tail is wagging like mad! I'd love to know what she's dreaming about.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

yesterday i was making myself some cereal for supper and I shook the box. Isabella (hamster) knows the sound and was out like a prairie dog begging for some oats! She may have got one... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Dude and Cream are great at playing chase together :D

chase_zpse6944ecf.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 996 ✭✭✭HansHolzel

I gave the eggs back to the mammy raptor and she let me live.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

I smiled today when my 15 month old GSD stood patiently while being swarmed by beagles, some of whom were licking his mouth as if he was a daddy wolf withholding food. Then he rolled his eye at me as if to say 'Well woman? Will this do?'
    Yes pup, it will.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

A rare moment of calm between my girls:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

Aw bless, that's so cute.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

That is just adorable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

This happened yesterday, but only able to laugh about it today!

Made a fabulous sandwich last night, had been marinating the chicken breast all day, oven baked it, it was beautiful and moist and tender. Got lovely fancy bread and fresh rocket lettuce, this sandwich was a thing of beauty. I had been for a run, so decided to take a shower before eating. I was so looking forward to this sandwich, I was actually thinking about it in the shower and how nice it was going to be.

Came out of the shower and heard rustling in the kitchen, rushed down the stairs just in time to witness Libby gobbling the last of the sandwich :eek: (she left the rocket in fairness :pac:) I don’t know how she managed to reach it as it was quite far back on the counter. I was like a dog (excuse the pun) I gave her a good scolding and she had the decency to look a little contrite, but the tail wagging like mad gave away her true feelings :mad:

I was sulking with her for the rest of the night, but can see the funny side today. As I always say about her, it’s lucky she’s pretty!

6574p4.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 996 ✭✭✭HansHolzel

That story started off a bit spicy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

One of my guinea pigs was put to sleep on Monday :'( I was worried that her little herdmates would be upset, and for a while after I showed them her body (so they would know she was gone) they wandered around looking a bit lost. Then the three of them smooshed themselves all into one house and went to sleep all snuggled up together. So cute (and a little sad).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

ah sorry to hear that vojera,i adopted off that pig i got seamus is happy on his own,how old was your poor piggy? what happened?

also are you member of irish guinea pig and rabbit group on FB?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

ah sorry to hear that vojera,i adopted off that pig i got seamus is happy on his own,how old was your poor piggy? what happened?

also are you member of irish guinea pig and rabbit group on FB?

Aw thanks! She was four, so not a youngster but not too old. The vet could feel a lump in her abdomen that he thinks was an abscess that was leaking and making her sick. He didn't think she'd come through an operation and she was uncomfortable so it was for the best. Poor Mabel.

I'm glad Seamus is doing well. Some pigs are happy enough on their own, and you did try him with another friend.

I didn't know there was a fb group. I'll check it out, thanks! :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

Vojera wrote: »
    Aw thanks! She was four, so not a youngster but not too old. The vet could feel a lump in her abdomen that he thinks was an abscess that was leaking and making her sick. He didn't think she'd come through an operation and she was uncomfortable so it was for the best. Poor Mabel.

I'm glad Seamus is doing well. Some pigs are happy enough on their own, and you did try him with another friend.

I didn't know there was a fb group. I'll check it out, thanks! :)

check it out right now!!! its great!!! you did the best thing.

Advertisement