Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The "Today I did something to my car" thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

As daylight started to beat me I got the bonnet on :D
    Image18110.jpg

Tesseo blue if anyone is wondering :) Just a few more bits to add in and she can start her new life in the west ;)

Boost pipe now fixxored on the 406... What an awful job! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

"Into the west" :pac:

Edit, Ye know the film? never mind. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

@BW: I know homer is a babe magnet but as you can see, I've got my bitches in order. :p

@Compton: It was in the basket and I backed out at the last minute. Just the thought of explaining it to my mam was enough to change my mind. :eek: Hahaha

CianRyan wrote: »
    @BW: I know homer is a babe magnet but as you can see, I've got my bitches in order. :p

A babe magnet isn't the word. :D

Just wait until you see him in the flesh. You wont be long changing you mind. :)

Haha, I'm sure.

Just wondering, what does your mam think if you doing all of this to her car? I know mine would freak at the thought of it, she's nervous enough of me driving it, never mind midnight spins with Simpsons hanging off the back! Ha
    I always laugh when I see mothers driving around with "Monster" stickers and **** all over the doors and windows.

• Advertisement

Haha, I'm sure.

Just wondering, what does your mam think if you doing all of this to her car? I know mine would freak at the thought of it, she's nervous enough of me driving it, never mind midnight spins with Simpsons hanging off the back! Ha
    I always laugh when I see mothers driving around with "Monster" stickers and **** all over the doors and windows.

Well she unaware of the midnight spins. :p

But, I park the front of the car facing out of the garage. So shes unaware of homer hanging around. :)

And she never notices? Bloody hell, bet you can't get that Punto fast enough, even if you do cease to be JDM. :p

And she never notices? Bloody hell, bet you can't get that Punto fast enough, even if you do cease to be JDM. :p

No, not yet anyway. :D But she drives dads Toyota avensis more as I'm usally always away cruising. :)

Well I have some wild plans. JDM?, RAT?, Skanger perhaps. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

No, not yet anyway. :D But she drives dads Toyota avensis more as I usally always away cursing. :)

Well I have some wild plans. JDM?, RAT?, Skanger perhaps. :pac:

I spent some time de skangering it! :pac:

They did have those cars in Japan but they wern't out of the ordinady... Just different paint and air con...

Shes lowered 50mm, yellow and loud, start from there... ;)

dgt wrote: »
    I spent some time de skangering it! :pac:

They did have those cars in Japan but they wern't out of the ordinady... Just different paint and air con...

Shes lowered 50mm, yellow and loud, start from there... ;)

Will do. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Well today was too fecking hot. I spent the morning on the bike and the day hiding from the sun. Promised myself I would go for a drive in the evening.

Headed out with no particular destination in mind. Just cruising with the windows down. Not another car round. Eagles on the radio. Absolute peace

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

dgt - it's good to see you're supporting Tipperary with the Punto :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

I've been banned from detailing today! I got a quick wash in - just chucked a bit of demon shine on this time round..I parked it under a tree and it was covered in sap yesterday!

Nilfisk C110 Hose - seemed to be battered after 2 uses - reading on the net its a common issue and costs £22 GBP to replace (entire washer was £55!) ..so I got a garden hose and slit it one side and covered the hose in insulation tape..job done!

img1027zk.jpg

Very quick Wash of car!..

img9504z.jpg

Followed by the TBar glass out and a trip up to the Sally Gap...glorious day for it.

img9539u.jpg

img9545g.jpg

img9543cs.jpg

img9536q.jpg

img9534s.jpg

img9533q.jpg

img9527h.jpg

hope to get a bit more done tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Nice blonde too...:p

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Got a bit done to the car the past few days. Gave it a good wash and im going to super resin polish it and wax it this evening when theres some nice shade.

Spent about an hour sanding the grills, etch primed them, 3 coats of grey primer, 3 coats of matt black. Also did the shadowline trim because it was a bit scratched but it looks unbelievable now :)

015a8.jpg

85608.jpg

b403c.jpg

Also collected my alloys from the sandblaster and he did an excellent job. Id say it took him a good bit of time because the finish that was on them was very tough and theres 20 spokes..

Between to minds now about the painting. I could chance it myself but material will be almost €100. I could probably get them properly sprayed for close enough to that?

453c0.jpg

c1545.jpg

oops :D

09a04.jpg

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Nice blonde too...:p

ha I wish :p lol...j/k Shes brunette, an optical illusion from the sun perhaps! :D ..just noticed I have a lovely farmers tan on my right arm as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Ordered a set of Conti EcoContact 5s for the Altea,Had enough of the ****ty tyres that are on it now + it got a blow out at 3am on the M50 last night :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 994 ✭✭✭carbon nanotube

sean1141 wrote: »
    That's not worth a can of cat piss!! You will need a dual action polisher to remove light scratches and swirl marks. If the scratch is deep which most key marks are you will need to touch it in with paint. If you can feel the scratch with the tip of your finger nail it won't polish out!

Have you seen the scratch? i posted it a while back, hardly visible.

that menzerna should take care of it, dont know why you are dissing that aldi polisher..

Have you seen the scratch? i posted it a while back, hardly visible.

that menzerna should take care of it, dont know why you are dissing that aldi polisher..

because its shite..if it worked do you think the rest of us would be spending $$$$ on DAs :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Mar4ix

Not my car, my works mate van, opel combo , 07 1.3 tdi. lil nippy van id say, reset service sign. though will have to connect computer first, but at the end managed without. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭allen175

I didn't do this to my car, but some little knacker did it during the night!! Completely gone, went looking up and down the road in the field across from my house, gone! so pissed off!

IMAG0323.jpg
    IMAG0325.jpg

I dont understand, What exactly did YOU do to your car? :confused:

This isnt a "Today a knacker did something to my car" thread.

no need to rub salt in the wound.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

He can't tell us for legal reasons :D

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Washed the boat. Bit of Demon Shine to keep off the water marks.

20120527_153124.jpg

Still straight after 240k miles...

no need to rub salt in the wound.

I know its a c*** when some knacker/scumbag breaks something of your car for no reason, but I wasn't tiring to rub salt in any wound....

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭the merchant

Quick wash & wax

2z4e5co.jpg

2nby1dd.jpg

Not making excuses :P...but I didn't get in until 5:30am this morning (and very merry)! Had planned on doing bottom half of passenger side today but the noise of the DA just wasn't making the hangover go away! So in the end only a tiny piece done....with the longer nights I should get this boxed off end of month.

Bottom Half - Passenger Wing

BEFORE:

img1032u.jpg

img1031gm.jpg

AFTER / SIDE BY SIDE:

img1037nj.jpg

Close up (scrapes)

BEFORE:

img1034de.jpg

AFTER:

img1039d.jpg

Next Stage:

img1038gm.jpg

MarkR wrote: »
    Washed the boat. Bit of Demon Shine to keep off the water marks.

20120527_153124.jpg

Still straight after 240k miles...

Super clean Avensis!
    Looks like it just rolled out of the factory. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

i've really been cracking on with the glanza

- all new vinyls, front, sides and rear (old ones were faded and/ or missing)
    - new battery (car was starting lovely, but couldn't listen to the radio for more than 30mins cleaning the car :P, tested it and only got 8v)
    - removed and washed the boot carpet which was filthy
    - washed the engine bay
    - gave the interior a quick spruce
    - gave the paintwork a good buffing just by hand, thoroughly cleaned and waxed the wheels too as they are very hard found without and corrosion.

started to get dark and drip rain so i came inside :pac:

rear before :

photo04702.jpg

rear after :

photo04762.jpg

new front bumper badge :

photo04752.jpg

new side vinyls :

photo04912.jpg
    photo04872.jpg

old battery, panasonic and very japanese looking :P

photo05072.jpg