Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Undercover Elephant

Classic pink with BMC shorts, around noon today, flying past me up Howth hill. Which admittedly would not have been difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Rob W?? at the Luke Kelly bridge around 0800 this morning. Green top.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Passed a guy wearing a boards jersey I think earlier, red bib shorts? On alfie byrne road just at that construction entrance..copped the jersey but it was too late to shout! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,137 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Classic pink with BMC shorts, around noon today, flying past me up Howth hill. Which admittedly would not have been difficult.
    The time and shorts sound like me, but I was in the 3 stripe jersey, not the pink. Was it across from the cemetery, having just passed a stopped cyclist adjusting his jacket?
    Zyzz wrote: »
    Passed a guy wearing a boards jersey I think earlier, red bib shorts? On alfie byrne road just at that construction entrance..copped the jersey but it was too late to shout! :pac:
    Today was laundry day, they were all I had :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Undercover Elephant

The time and shorts sound like me, but I was in the 3 stripe jersey, not the pink. Was it across from the cemetery, having just passed a stopped cyclist adjusting his jacket?
    Must have been seeing oddly then because that sounds right. You were gone before you'd have heard the "Hello Boardsie". The jacket adjuster also dropped me 2 mins later. More training needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Doc07

zindicato wrote: »
    met one in meath 160 route today at the foodstop green jersey under a race cape ...need more gears? and one orwell member who is a member here in full black regalia sorry forgot to ask your name here.. i was the guy in the new longsleeved kit wearing glasses

Spotted you at Tour of Meath. I was in Orwell gear but covered by raincoat. Spoke to your friend after in the hotel and glad to see he was ok. He showed me the dents in his helmet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

Spotted pink jersey and a huge beard ☺ on Percy Place today you were passing bank of ireland I was parked just outside .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

A bearded Boardsie sporting the new jersey passed me on the cycle path heading towards Sutton this morning at around 7:30ish. Gave a "mornin' Boardsie" shout out!

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭fillup

A bearded Boardsiet!

That would be me sir. I've been called many a thing in my time but that's a new one on me!

I heard ur shout out and returned it but u were prob out of earshot at that stage.

fillup wrote: »
    That would be me sir. I've been called many a thing in my time but that's a new one on me!

I heard ur shout out and returned it but u were prob out of earshot at that stage.

'Bearded Boardsie' has a nice ring to it - I'm fond of alliteration!

Sadly your tailwind was my headwind so it would have cruely whipped away your reply!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

sullzz wrote: »
    Spotted pink jersey and a huge beard ☺ on Percy Place today you were passing bank of ireland I was parked just outside .

COuld have been me, although I've never heard my beard been referred to as "huge"... I'll still take it though!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

1.30 today on n4 travelling west approaching Celbridge/leixlip exit

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭devonp

Yahooo...
    prob me , first time sighting!!! had VeloRev fluo bibs on:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

yeah some sort of green bibs I think. was busy merging into exit Lane, only got quick glance.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭L'Enfer du Nord

An in door sighting.

In the 108 in Rathgar c. 21.00 today. both cyclist and bike were in the pub.

Had a chat with a Boardsie sporting the new bibs & jersey in Clontarf this morning. Didn't get to ask his name as we got separated on East Wall Road in traffic before I turned off onto East Road.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Green jersey on Harold's cross road on Saturday around 2.30 (may have been 2.15). But the cyclist was a very lucky boy! Went through a red light just as a walking Garda patrol came into view, so lucky not to be given the €40 fine.

Annoyed me tbh. It's not that hard to wait at lights, and breaking them gives a cyclists a bad name.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭del_boy13

Had a chat with a Boardsie sporting the new bibs & jersey in Clontarf this morning. Didn't get to ask his name as we got separated on East Wall Road in traffic before I turned off onto East Road.

Hi that was me this morning. Good chatting with you. Lovely morning for cycling.

New black stripey jersey between kimmage and templeogue (near fortfield road) at 1830 yesterday (heading in a templeogue direction). Those jerseys are much harder to spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Dónal wrote: »
    New black stripey jersey between kimmage and templeogue (near fortfield road) at 1830 yesterday (heading in a templeogue direction). Those jerseys are much harder to spot.

That would have been me on Wainsfort Road heading for home from work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Doc07

An in door sighting.

In the 108 in Rathgar c. 21.00 today. both cyclist and bike were in the pub.

Haha, guilty! Finished my spin 30 mins earlier than expected and couldn't resist sneaking in for a pint and a coffee as my post ride recovery. Say hello next time!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,043 ✭✭✭✭neris

Jersey in howth yacht club this evening heading for the changing room

2 sightings this morning......

Met an undercover Boardsie (Boards hat hiding under helmet!) at Howth summit at an ungodly hour this morning.

Then passed full new kit in Clontarf and gave a hello - given the time, direction & beard I'm assuming it was fillup again!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Met an undercover Boardsie (Boards hat hiding under helmet!)

Wasn't me, but fair play for spotting this! :D

Alek wrote: »
    Wasn't me, but fair play for spotting this! :D

I had my own one on too! Nothing gets past me (well, with the exception of faster cyclists.......)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

Met NeedMoreGears this AM on East Wall Rd. Safety in numbers going down East Rd... ;)

Spotted new kit on Clontarf track this morning - Fillup?

Then met skrynesaver (??) at the LIDL on East Wall road in full green /carbon felt

Ok that's just spooky

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭RonanCFD

Met an undercover Boardsie (Boards hat hiding under helmet!) at Howth summit at an ungodly hour this morning.

Nice to talk to you this morning, Rogue-Trooper!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

neris wrote: »
    Jersey in howth yacht club this evening heading for the changing room

Spotted at last. Say hi next week.

A Boards jersey virgin no more!

Advertisement