Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Price Changes 2015/2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

On wildcard lads, so just wondering which of the price rise websites is the most accurate this year? FISO? TotalFPL?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,543 ✭✭✭✭CSF

On wildcard lads, so just wondering which of the price rise websites is the most accurate this year? FISO? TotalFPL?

fplstatistics is the one for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,342 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

The Pedro thing is actually annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

I'll just edit a previous post wink.png.

Lads.

Forget about Totalfpl for price changes. It is only useful for their daily (quickly) updated list of price & status changes. They provide info about "NTI transfers today" & "ownership"... All info collected on the official site. I think they stopped tracking price changes (they didn't adjust their algorithm).

The 2 reliable sites are:
    Then, http://www.fiso.co.uk/crackthecode.php is interesting for its FAQ ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

iroced wrote: »
    I'll just copy and past a previous post

Again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Pedro is gonna drop like a stone if he gets injured/suspension/crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I'll just copy and past a previous post wink.png.
    Lads.

Forget about Totalfpl for price changes. It is only useful for their daily quickly updated list of price changes. I think they stopped tracking price changes. Their list of changes is only obtained from collecting info on the official site.

The 2 reliable sites are:
    Then, http://www.fiso.co.uk/crackthecode.php is interesting for the "NTI today" info (the number of transfers on a given day) and for the status change tab.

I don't get this hatred for TotalFPL and they certainly have not "stopped tracking price changes" - that's misinformation. Might not be the best but they still track it

You recommend FISO for NTI, I think TotalFPL gives you that and more - total NTI, selected by, % change as well as giving you the update tab where you can see price and status changes from previous days (FISO has these separated)

Yes their overall reliability of changes isn't great but neither is FISO's which is actually worse at times.

I use TotalFPL far more than FISO

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Pedro is gonna drop like a stone if he gets injured/suspension/crap

I'd actually love it if he got a wee knock, flagged, flag cleared and nti reset!! :) Speaking as someone who held fire on him but nay well get him next week! :D

touts wrote: »
    So according to Fantasyfootballfix Pedro is now at 212% of the way towards a price rise. Assuming his price is fixed until after the international break he could be close to 300%. Does anyone know if that means he will go up by .3 or just .1? Would like to get him in but budget is tight and unless I take a 4pt hit it'll be another week before I get him in. The budget will stretch to .1 extra but not .2 or .3
    SlickRic wrote: »
    The Pedro thing is actually annoying.
    zarquon wrote: »
    Likewise. Everyone is just guessing with Pedro. His price is definitely anomalous. It's bad luck for Pedro owners as his price should have risen by at least 0.2 by now based on his NTI since Saturday.

FPLS have him at +80% now.
    Can't it be possible that most of Pedro's transfers are made under WC?

Also, I haven't tracked it but when his protection supposedly ended, what did predictions website do? Did they really reset his NTI to zero or they carried the previous ones over?

Because this extra protection time sounds ridiculous (dare I say criminal ?! :p). It unbalances completely the game.

Again here I don't understand why FPL is not transparent on the matter. Why keeping the price changes workings such a ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Any chance Yaya Toure goes up another 0.1 before the Premier League returns? Every 0.1 is vital.

callaway92 wrote: »
    Any chance Yaya Toure goes up another 0.1 before the Premier League returns? Every 0.1 is vital.

Pretty good chance I'd say.

8-10 wrote: »
    I don't get this hatred for TotalFPL and they certainly have not "stopped tracking price changes" - that's misinformation. Might not be the best but they still track it

You recommend FISO for NTI, I think TotalFPL gives you that and more - total NTI, selected by, % change as well as giving you the update tab where you can see price and status changes from previous days (FISO has these separated)

Yes their overall reliability of changes isn't great but neither is FISO's which is actually worse at times.

I use TotalFPL far more than FISO

There's no hatred. Not at all. 2 years ago when they broke through, TFPL were the main site I was using, as were many (most ?) FPLers. They were the most reliable one. I think they didn't update their algorithm (hence the "stop tracking part"). All the info they provide you can find on FPL site yourself, TFPL just saves you the hassle.
    Just a quick note: I'm not sure their "% change" is reliable since we don't know what target they refer to and considering their "progress" tab is completely wrong, chances are their target is not accurate also.

I agree with you that they're showing the same bits of info than FISO. I shall edit my post regarding that. I must admit I have a bit of a FISO bias since they started this whole thing, have a great FAQ and were the first site I ever followed on the matter.

But. The main point is totalFPL (& FISO) predictions are absolutely u s e l e s s !
    So, for people willing to track carefully price changes while on WC, they HAVE to forget about these sites.

As you said, they're useful for the status and price changes updates but this is a posteriori info. What most of us want here is a priori info. And for these it's FFF & FPLS ;).

FHFC wrote: »
    Again.
    Yeah. It's a pity we didn't get that information sticky in which could be listed all useful websites regarding FPL. We actually never got any return from the feedback thread. Not that the forum really needs any change but I think this sticky could be a great complement to it.

But. The main point is totalFPL (& FISO) predictions are absolutely u s e l e s s !
    So, for people willing to track carefully price changes while on WC, they HAVE to forget about these sites.

As you said, they're useful for the status change and price changes updates but this is a posteriori info. What most of us want here is a priori info. And for these it's FFF & FPLS ;).

How is it hatred to simply state the fact that they are completely inaccurate!? :eek: I dont think they would claim to be themselves. I've not looked at them for ages because any time i have for the past year they have been a million miles off the mark. Surprised if they are still tracking, I'd have assumed that was just the old site trundling along un-updated

Yeah. It's a pity we didn't get that information sticky in which could be listed all useful websites regarding FPL. We actually never got any return from the feedback thread. Not that the forum really needs any change but I think this sticky could be a great complement to it.

Thats partly why i started the FPL Resources thread, i thought it was perhaps more constructive that being grumpy or simply screaming at my computer "Read the f$#@ing thread!!" :D

But it gets lost down the page and i keep forgetting to bump it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Look for it to be made a sticky? It's a valubale thread and if any thread should be a sticky then that is it.

Thats partly why i started the FPL Resources thread, i thought it was perhaps more constructive that being grumpy or simply screaming at my computer "Read the f$#@ing thread!!" :D

But it gets lost down the page and i keep forgetting to bump it.
    Well I didn't even know you created it (must have been preseason while I was still on my FPL holidays) :o :pac: :o...

• Advertisement

Well I didn't even know you created it (must have been preseason while I was still on my FPL holidays) :o :pac: :o...

I bumped it once or twice closer to the kick off, but last minute kids like you nay still have missed it!! :)

Just a quick note: I'm not sure their "% change" is reliable since we don't know what target they refer to and considering their "progress" tab is completely wrong, chances are their target is not accurate also.

Yep you're right, I really use both of:

NTI
    % change

To give an indication of how quickly a player is moving towards a rise/fall

NTI alone doesn't give you that as 200 NTI for 1 player and 2,000 for another can be the same % towards a rise

NTI alone (FISO) tells you how many are coming in.
    % change alone tells you how close they are to a rise - based on an incorrect algortihm (TotalFPL)

However just looking at both gives you an idea of the rate of % increase/decrease relative to the probably incorrect but better than nothing threshold set by TotalFPL.

That's why I use it over FISO which just gives NTI which alone doesn't really tell you anything about the rate of increase towards a rise.

TotalFPL also gives you these figures on your own team when logged in as well as a watchlist of players you're thinking about and want to keep track of - FISO does neither of these AFAIK

@ 8-10.

But why not using FPLS & FFF that give you the same info than the ones you're working out yourself with much more accurate figures and a better algorithm?

And if you wish to track your own team players and a watchlist of players you strongly consider getting, FFF does that brilliantly. If you use the "Guide Login" you just need to create a free account on the website (such that you don't give your FPL password, they ask your ID instead) and can use for free what was on offer last year. I have no idea what the paid version of the website gives in addition.

@ 8-10.

But why not using FPLS & FFF that give you the same info than the ones you're working out yourself with much more accurate figures and a better algorithm?

And if you wish to track your own team players and a watchlist of players you strongly consider getting, FFF does that brilliantly. If you use the "Guide Login" you just need to create a free account on the website (such that you don't give your FPL password, they ask your ID instead) and can use for free what was on offer last year. I have no idea what the paid version of the website gives in addition.

I use them as well but I find myself on TotalFPL a lot too as a default, partly habit and it's still where I go for Bonus Points updates

It's not the only place at all, I just didn't agree with seeing a notice to ignore TotalFPL but use FISO

8-10 wrote: »
    I use them as well but I find myself on TotalFPL a lot too as a default, partly habit and it's still where I go for Bonus Points updates

It's not the only place at all, I just didn't agree with seeing a notice to ignore TotalFPL but use FISO

If you want (semi) accurate price rise predictions you won't find them on TotalFPL or FISO. Those 2 sites have some nti and ownership stats which may be useful to the hardcore like us but neither are if any use for predicted rises/falls, which is why when somebody askes where to go for price rises/falls they tend to be warned off them.

• Advertisement

If you want (semi) accurate price rise predictions you won't find them on TotalFPL or FISO. Those 2 sites have some nti and ownership stats which may be useful to the hardcore like us but neither are if any use for predicted rises/falls, which is why when somebody askes where to go for price rises/falls they tend to be warned off them.

Fair enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Up:

Down:
    Hutton
    McNair
    Riviere
    Sean Murray
    Wijnaldum

Coates survived !
    2 more days :D !!!

He's starting to become a secret hero of mine (my own personal Mickey T :pac:).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Is Pedros Status gonna change at all? Still progressing but no price change yet. When he does can we expect possible 3 max rises between GWs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Is Pedros Status gonna change at all? Still progressing but no price change yet. When he does can we expect possible 3 max rises between GWs?

I doubt it. It's criminal that the Transfers in of him haven't had an effect on his price as of yet. I find it hard to believe that the vast majority of them were from WC's ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Colking wrote: »
    I doubt it. It's criminal that the Transfers in of him haven't had an effect on his price as of yet. I find it hard to believe that the vast majority of them were from WC's ?

My transfer was under WC. Trying to chase profits here, plus finalise team. Is he protected for some reason?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

I bought Kolarov for £5.5. I got the rise to £5.6 when his price went up. He now costs £5.8 to buy. Should I have gotten another rise by again by now or will I have to wait until he rises to £5.9?

Also regarding price rises- my team is now worth £101.9 with £0.1 in the bank. I understand I will get more if I sell Kolarov etc BUT is there any benefit in the price rises if I don't sell the players who have risen?

Like I want to sell Fabregas but he has dropped to £8.8 so if I was to sell him if I would only get £8.8 even though I have a higher team value.
    So what I'm really trying to ask is if the increased player values will be incorporated into tranfer budget in any way or how people get around this?

Doesn't really seem like any benefit to having a higher value if you can't do anything with the extra value.

Any advice is appreciated and thanks for reading the long post (as always :))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,347 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

I bought Kolarov for £5.5. I got the rise to £5.6 when his price went up. He now costs £5.8 to buy. Should I have gotten another rise by again by now or will I have to wait until he rises to £5.9?

Also regarding price rises- my team is now worth £101.9 with £0.1 in the bank. I understand I will get more if I sell Kolarov etc BUT is there any benefit in the price rises if I don't sell the players who have risen?

Like I want to sell Fabregas but he has dropped to £8.8 so if I was to sell him if I would only get £8.8 even though I have a higher team value.
    So what I'm really trying to ask is if the increased player values will be incorporated into tranfer budget in any way or how people get around this?

Doesn't really seem like any benefit to having a higher value if you can't do anything with the extra value.

Not quite sure if I understand what you're asking, but the only way in which you get the benefit of your players rising is if you sell them (due to injury, lack of form, etc.). Then you will have get more than you pay for them.

Someone like Kolarov could be a season keeper, so you may never get the benefit of his price rises. Also if he does rise by quite a bit, you may be reluctant to hold onto him, as he might cost more to buy back that you will get for selling him.

Yeah if you don't sell the players you made benefit from, you won't take advantage of the price rises.
    But it's a long term process. Exempli Gracia. Kolarov is on fire. Clichy is out injured. So bank as much as you can on him. And maybe by Christmas he'll be less attractive and you'll be able to sell and make a £0.3m or £0.4m (or more) profit on him and get a Chelsea def like Azpi (who would have gone down if Chelsea continue to underperform now) if/because Chelsea are settling at the back.

What you lost on Fabregas is lost... unless he rises back up which I can't see happening. You kept him for too long.

If you want to increase your team value significantly and take advanatge of it later in the season, you have to "cross-analyse" 2 things: the in-form players (e.g. Ayew, Gomis, Wilson, Mahrez etc...), the favourable runs of fixtures (fantasyfootballscout next 6 ticker is a must for that) (e.g. Man City, Bournemouth, Stoke, West Ham...). From this analysis, try and accomodate into your team as many players as it is reasonable to do (e.g. Wilson & the City usual suspects are must haves at the moment for that team value purpose). In a couple of weeks time, it's very possible that a few of these players will have not kept their great form and it'll be time to sell them, cash in the profit hopefully made on them and jump on the new hot ones. etc... etc...

Of course, like OnecoldHand mentioned, some players are long-term (season) keepers. Then, late in the season it'll be up to you to decide if you want to get your flexibility back towards them or not.
    That's what FHFC & myself did last year with Sanchez. He got injured by GW25 or something. His price started to drop but not very fast. We had a £0.5m to £0.7m net profit on him. Selling him meant that if the injury was not as bad as first feared, we could have to buy him back for a dearer price (and may actually be in a position not to be able to at all). We did decide to sell him though keeping in the bank a bit of cash to get him back quickly if needed. He did come back quickly. So at first it looked like we made a mistake.
    But very late in the season, Arsenal was part of a blank GW for a few PL sides which was followed by 2 DGWs. We were then in a very comfortable position regarding him (it was very easy to sell him and get him back since his price had not moved very much after his injury) while many had to make a definite choice: holding onto him and benching an £11.5m player for his blank or selling him and not buying him back (downgrading to the likes of Ozil, Ramsey for the Gunners DGW). Fabregas returned me 11 pts during Sanchez "flexible" time out of my team and Sanchez got a 15 pointer when we "flexibly" got him back :D...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Not quite sure if I understand what you're asking, but the only way in which you get the benefit of your players rising is if you sell them (due to injury, lack of form, etc.). Then you will have get more than you pay for them.

Someone like Kolarov could be a season keeper, so you may never get the benefit of his price rises. Also if he does rise by quite a bit, you may be reluctant to hold onto him, as he might cost more to buy back that you will get for selling him.

No you understood my rambling correctly and you answered my question exactly. Thanks. I need to dump Fab ASAP. Also have Depay who looks like he will drop :( I was kind of unsure what benefit a rising player would have if you didn't intend to sell (such as Kolarov potentially) but as you say form etc may drop (with price) and may decide to sell.
    Yeah if you don't sell the players you made benefit from, you won't take advantage of the price rises.
    But it's a long term process. Exempli Gracia. Kolarov is on fire. Clichy is out injured. So bank as much as you can on him. And maybe by Christmas he'll be less attractive and you'll be able to sell and make a £0.3m or £0.4m (or more) profit on him and get a Chelsea def like Azpi (who would have gone down if Chelsea continue to underperform now) if/because Chelsea are settling at the back.

What you lost on Fabregas is lost... unless he rises back up which I can't see happening. You kept him for too long.

If you want to increase your team value significantly and take advanatge of it later in the season, you have to "cross-analyse" 2 things: the in-form players (e.g. Ayew, Gomis, Wilson, Mahrez etc...), the favourable runs of fixtures (fantasyfootballscout next 6 ticker is a must for that) (e.g. Man City, Bournemouth, Stoke, West Ham...). From this analysis, try and accomodate into your team as many players as it is reasonable to do (e.g. Wilson & the City usual suspects are must haves at the moment for that team value purpose). In a couple of weeks time, it's very possible that a few of these players will have not kept their great form and it'll be time to sell them, cash in the profit hopefully made on them and jump on the new hot ones. etc... etc...

Of course, like OnecoldHand mentioned, some players are long-term (season) keepers. Then, late in the season it'll be up to you to decide if you want to get your flexibility back towards them or not.
    That's what FHFC & myself did last year with Sanchez. He got injured by GW25 or something. His price started to drop but not very fast. We had a £0.5m to £0.7m net profit on him. Selling him meant that if the injury was not as bad as first feared, we could have to buy him back for a dearer price (and may actually be in a position not to be able to at all). We did decide to sell him though keeping in the bank a bit of cash to get him back quickly if needed. He did come back quickly. So at first it looked like we made a mistake.
    But very late in the season, Arsenal was part of a blank GW for a few PL sides which was followed by 2 DGWs. We were then in a very comfortable position regarding him (it was very easy to sell him and get him back since his price had not moved very much after his injury) while many had to make a definite choice: holding onto him and benching an £11.5m player for his blank or selling him and not buying him back (downgrading to the likes of Ozil, Ramsey for the Gunners DGW). Fabregas returned me 11 pts during Sanchez "flexible" time out of my team and Sanchez got a 15 pointer when we "flexibly" got him back :D...

That's for your informative and detailled reply. Much appreciated. I'll keep track as you have suggested. The moral of the story is dump Fabregas ASAP :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

I was kind of unsure what benefit a rising player would have if you didn't intend to sell (such as Kolarov potentially) but as you say form etc may drop (with price) and may decide to sell.

Another benefit of a price rise is that it makes it more expensive for other players to buy that player giving you a slight competitive advantage.

spock. wrote: »
    Another benefit of a price rise is that it makes it more expensive for other players to buy that player giving you a slight competitive advantage.

This.

You have to get on the form players before they start to rocket in price otherwise you'll have far less budget to go around.

Up:
    Ward

Down:
    McClean
    Carroll
    Wanyama
    Fazio
    Mitrovic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I'm glad I didn't use my WC over the international break just to chase value!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

What were the circumstances that seem to have made week 3 so profitable?
    Are those circumstances likely to arise again anytime soon:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

blind panic :D

Needing to make 10+ changes to my team, and not having enough points built up to justify taking hits.

Hopefully that won't happen again.

shineon23 wrote: »
    Down:Wanyama
    Wanyama you're the shame of my team!!!

Look at your team mate Coates, heroically holding on his price for almost 10 days now!
    International breaks are a false good idea for taking advantage of price rises. After the couple of days post-GW excitement, people forget about the game for 10 days and movements reoccur couple of days before the deadline.

A standard week following stand out performances is a much better time.

Wanyama you're the shame of my team!!!

Look at your team mate Coates, heroically holding on his price for almost 10 days now!

International breaks are a false good idea for taking advantage of price rises. After the couple of days post-GW excitement, people forget about the game for 10 days and movements reoccur couple of days before the deadline.

A standard week following stand out performances is a much better time.

I keep on saying this, but the myth that international breaks are great for wildcarding for team value won't seem to die.

Also. Gw3 wasn't particularly profitable either. 3 or 4 double risers at most in the gw. It was just a good time to adapt to some of the form players who then scored quite well the following week giving good points boost and subsequently kept rising in value helping the tv going forward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

It was mainly about shipping out 4 or 5 players that were about to drop - Kane, Hazard, Fabregas. Also getting in the likes of Kolarov, Aguero and Mahrez if you didn't already have them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,342 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

GW3 was all about getting the droppers out of the team. The form players kicking on with decent scores was a bonus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

I tried to show a post from 21/9 last year but cant figure how to do it ,either way the week after the break last year was the best week for gaining value

sword1 wrote: »
    I tried to show a post from 21/9 last year but cant figure how to do it ,either way the week after the break last year was the best week for gaining value

Just copy and paste I guess, would love to see stats on that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

sword1 wrote: »

You could also click the unique post identification number(post will open in a new tab) and copy/paste the url...:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

No stats,just a couple of comments that there was alot of .2 risers compared to any week before that,teams were going up by as much as .7 in the one night ,i think suarezistheman was taking note of it for the next year,either way it is in line with the comments above that the international break is not as good as made out to be for price rises
    sorry ,just realised it was september 2013

• Advertisement

I have last years fiso stats somewhere. I'll do a wee analysis sometime. Probably be Monday.

This is all down to Wenger.

I like to think he hasn't played him as he wanted Theo's price to drop in value so he could afford him for his own FPL team.

2 goals for Walcott (albeit against San Marino) since coming on as a sub.

Hoping he gets a run as a CF in the league, at 8.5, be a great downgrade from Sanchez to free up funds.

2 goals for Walcott (albeit against San Marino) since coming on as a sub.

Hoping he gets a run as a CF in the league, at 8.5, be a great downgrade from Sanchez to free up funds.

Would you be ever be able to have the confidence in him starting again though? Has to leave Arsenal

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

CSF wrote: »
    Would you be ever be able to have the confidence in him starting again though? Has to leave Arsenal

Once he drops to 5.5 by Christmas time he'll be worth the risk as a 5th mid :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,164 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Going Up: Albrighton

Going Down: Baines

Baines 6.2m now, must have been a long, long time since he was that low.

• Advertisement
Advertisement