Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Which one did she get? I'm currently obsessed with awear dresses and have my eye on one for 31 that I can't find in any of the shops to try on. :(

Edit: Sorry to hear about your dress. Seemed odd they were so difficult about getting it out to you. At least you have the fun(stress?) of trying on lots of pretty dresses. But I think you should get one of the ivory viv holloway dresses :)

She bought this one: http://www.awear.com/dresses/victoria-sweetheart-pencil-dress/invt/10401397print/

I don't mind dress shopping, I like trying on the pretty dresses, I just don't like sales people in changing rooms with me. I don't really want a fifties style dress tbh, much as I love them.
    Honey-ec wrote: »
    No, unpacking after you get home is!

Acoshla, I know you're probably completely disenchanted with the whole ordering online thing, but I couldn't recommend Light In The Box enough. My dress is amazing quality, I'm chuffed with it.

They don't make the dress I want, I would have ordered from there or dressingpod but neither had it listed on their site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Eviledna wrote: »
    Taking a quick break from study for a big interview on Thurs, *eeep* I'm so nervous, it's been years since I did an interview. Anyone else ever get a nervous tummy before big things? My butterflies have turned into pterodactyls methinks :(
    Yes! I went to a job interview once where I was so nervous I felt sick; I woke up really early as I was so anxious I would oversleep, and I couldn’t eat breakfast because I thought I might vomit.

Just do as much preparation as you can – find out as much as you can about the company; if you have the names of the people interviewing you, google them; go through all the obvious questions and think of answers; iron your clothes and shine your shoes the day before; be pleasant to everyone including the receptionist, as there is a good chance they will ask them what they thought of you. I hope it goes well for you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Make money money, make money money.

Seems to be the only thing on my mind. Starting by putting a few bits up on adverts. Hopefully I can get the extra cash rolling in. Awful but I'm planning on spending on a new pair of irregular choice shoes while trying to save money! Thing is though, they do last for years! I've had my first pair for 5 years I would say.

Decisions, decisions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Eviledna wrote: »
    Taking a quick break from study for a big interview on Thurs, *eeep* I'm so nervous, it's been years since I did an interview. Anyone else ever get a nervous tummy before big things? My butterflies have turned into pterodactyls methinks :(
    The first interview for my current job I didn't sleep a all the night before and I ate breakfast (coffee and 1 egg, and I don't drink coffee), the interview was at 1 and I wasn't hungry but my stomach was still not well. I ate like a horse that evening :pac: It's just nerves!

Best of luck with the interview!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Acoshla wrote: »
    She bought this one: http://www.awear.com/dresses/victoria-sweetheart-pencil-dress/invt/10401397print/

I don't mind dress shopping, I like trying on the pretty dresses, I just don't like sales people in changing rooms with me. I don't really want a fifties style dress tbh, much as I love them.

I want all three of these. Don't want to buy online because I want to see which is the nicest. Like. All. Colours. :(

http://www.awear.com/dresses/cutie-chiffon-tiered-dress/invt/00001710pink/

oh god the pink my eyes! :pac:

the light pink one is lovely though

I want all three of these. Don't want to buy online because I want to see which is the nicest. Like. All. Colours. :(

I didn't see them when I was in 2 Awears over the week, I like the grey one.

A bridal place near me has two dresses I like the look of but they only open Wed-Fri 12-6 and Saturday 10 to 5.30, all times I work and can't go. Poops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I'd go for the light pink as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I like the blue one!

I want this one.

• Advertisement

While we're talking about dresses... I need to pick a dress for my best friend's wedding in May, and I have not got the slightest clue what I want or what's out there. So time to pick the brain of the tLL hivemind :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Home made veg soup with home made brown bread for lunch before I crawl back into bed before work :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

While we're talking about dresses... I need to pick a dress for my best friend's wedding in May, and I have not got the slightest clue what I want or what's out there. So time to pick the brain of the tLL hivemind :)

What style, colour, length do you like?

I was informed I have 3 weddings this summer. All 3 are friends so it's not like I can get away with wearing the same dress to all of them. I have one dress so far. The effort!!

Kiera wrote: »
    What style, colour, length do you like?

Well I prefer solid, strong colours and hate pink - prefer simple lines, not much in the way of frills etc, I have a pretty serious hourglass figure and I'm a size 12, and I don't want something that requires massive heels because **** being uncomfortable all day. Would prefer around knee length, I always think I look really dumpy in long dresses.

Just noticed that someone robbed a peanut butter Kit Kat Chunky off my locker at work. Time to rain down some fiery doom :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Well I prefer solid, strong colours and hate pink - prefer simple lines, not much in the way of frills etc, I have a pretty serious hourglass figure and I'm a size 12, and I don't want something that requires massive heels because **** being uncomfortable all day. Would prefer around knee length, I always think I look really dumpy in long dresses.

Just noticed that someone robbed a peanut butter Kit Kat Chunky off my locker at work. Time to rain down some fiery doom :pac:

So kinda like a simple 50's dress?

I'd actually love a Vivien of Holloway dress, but I'd prefer to try one on first because by the measurements I'm very much between sizes. But yeah, I do like that sort of shape.

Dorothy Perkins has a ton of gorgeous structured dresses in solid colours on the website, could definitely be worth a look.

Edit: Gah the link was a mess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

A peanut butter kit kat chunky!? :eek: BURN THE HEART OUT OF THEM!!!! :mad:

wheee, 2 days until Amon Amarth! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Fishie wrote: »
    Yes! I went to a job interview once where I was so nervous I felt sick; I woke up really early as I was so anxious I would oversleep, and I couldn’t eat breakfast because I thought I might vomit.

Just do as much preparation as you can – find out as much as you can about the company; if you have the names of the people interviewing you, google them; go through all the obvious questions and think of answers; iron your clothes and shine your shoes the day before; be pleasant to everyone including the receptionist, as there is a good chance they will ask them what they thought of you. I hope it goes well for you!

Thanks fishie, that's really good advice :) I'm preparing away here, it's a job I'd really like and choosing to leave self employment is one of the hardest decisions I've ever had to make, so I'm hoping this process will come good for me. I got an interview earlier than I expected, so it's a case of a rushed preparation which just goes against my nature.
    Pembily wrote:
    The first interview for my current job I didn't sleep a all the night before and I ate breakfast (coffee and 1 egg, and I don't drink coffee), the interview was at 1 and I wasn't hungry but my stomach was still not well. I ate like a horse that evening pacman.gif It's just nerves!

Best of luck with the interview!

Thanks Pembily, it's good to know it's not just me so! I've noticed I've been getting a nervous tummy more as I get older, remember getting it a few years ago in college before exams and things, but now it's more and more! I guess it's something everyone gets and is to be expected ;)

Love this thread, so supportive. Thanks you guys :D *scurries back to study...*

• Advertisement

Edna I get the butterflies too, and I get the shakes, can't eat, not fun! I was like that Sunday because I was trusted with a ridiculously cool camera to capture images of very important baby moments, no pressure! :eek: I was a shaky mess and had a thumping headache after it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Thing about pink is you can always find a nice pink dress, with the other two colours you can't so I'd sway away from the pink. I usually don't like things to be too pink but it's nice once in a while.

but it's nice once in a while.
    Unless it's the new Asics Nimbus, then it's just gank :p

Unless it's the new Asics Nimbus, then it's just gank :p

I read Nimbus and I thought of this

Nimbus202000.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Talking about peanut butter, I've become addicted to it recently. So I feel your pain Rainbow!

Well done on the weight loss DK!! I hope you get your goal at your weigh in! I'm getting so fed up of trying to lose weight, then giving up, then dieting again :( I'm up 2-3lbs in the last couple of weeks and it's bugging me.

Aw Acoshla, that's a huge shame about your dress, but you still have loads of time to get the perfect dress. Those Viv Holloway dresses are fab, not really my style but still gorgeous :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

They don't make the dress I want, I would have ordered from there or dressingpod but neither had it listed on their site.

I know a few people who got their dream dress in Barnardos Bridal in Dún Laoghaire, all of the dresses are brand new and donated by bridal shops. Great service and most would be under €400. I've also heard great things about Memories Bridal and Oxfam Bridal in Dublin city centre. If I don't find anything there it's VoH for me!
    I'd actually love a Vivien of Holloway dress, but I'd prefer to try one on first because by the measurements I'm very much between sizes. But yeah, I do like that sort of shape.

They have them in Retro, Georges St! They also have cheaper versions :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭Julybreeze

I've been sulking all day, don't even know why tbh, just feeling a bit sad so I decided to think about all the things I have to look forward to including my Dad's wife having their (our!) baby and there I was thinking her induction date is next week when I realised it's actually this friday!! Massive grin on my face now, talk about extremes!

Dolorous wrote: »
    I know a few people who got their dream dress in Barnardos Bridal in Dún Laoghaire, all of the dresses are brand new and donated by bridal shops. Great service and most would be under €400. I've also heard great things about Memories Bridal and Oxfam Bridal in Dublin city centre. If I don't find anything there it's VoH for me!

Yeah I've heard great things about Barnardos, Dublin is just all so far from me that by the time I managed to get a whole day to go up there and pay for all the petrol, tolls, etc it's just a very depressing idea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Yeah I've heard great things about Barnardos, Dublin is just all so far from me that by the time I managed to get a whole day to go up there and pay for all the petrol, tolls, etc it's just a very depressing idea!

It would be a massive drive for you alright :( Carlow probably isn't much better, there's a Barnardos bridal there too... Just remembered there's a Memories Bridal in Cork which is meant to be brilliant, might be worth considering?

• Advertisement

there's a new "chocolate coconut" flavour protein now :confused:
    think i'll go back to basic choc

if i buy a shaker, what's that? is it different to buying any other bottle to carry the shake in? how long can i carry it around before the protein tastes funny? make in morning bring in evening?

OMG! I saw that the other day and I was like 'crap i want it!' but i'd just placed an order.

Do you mean mix up the shake and then carry it around or keep the powder or liquid in the shaker and mix when you need it?

OMG! I saw that the other day and I was like 'crap i want it!' but i'd just placed an order.

Do you mean mix up the shake and then carry it around or keep the powder or liquid in the shaker and mix when you need it?

i mean mix up and shake and carry it around

the muffins were a nice idea but i cant eat them with the choc nut flavour
    maybe ill try them again when i get the plain one im ordering now

It would be a massive drive for you alright :( Carlow probably isn't much better, there's a Barnardos bridal there too... Just remembered there's a Memories Bridal in Cork which is meant to be brilliant, might be worth considering?

Cork is nearly twice as far from me as Dublin is! :P It's not too long a drive to Dublin1.5-2hrs, but to do it up and down in one day, and tolerating annoying sales staff in between is just a horrible though. And I was just in Dublin last week and am going again next Saturday night, so to face going up again in the next month is just ugh. Sigh, think I'll give up on dress hunt for now, and there goes holiday and the spare money I thought I'd have by buying a cheap one, goddammit.

bluewolf wrote: »
    i mean mix up and shake and carry it around

Personally I wouldn't do that. I mix mine up just before I drink it. I made one up one morning and didn't clean out the shaker properly and when I came home it f'in stunk. Wouldn't like to be drinking that.

I carry my milk in the shaker and I kept some of the sample packets from myprotien and I bring the powder in them.

But you could also get something like this:

http://www.fitnesssupplementsvitamins.ie/Products/Smart-Shake/Smart-Shake-550ml

Holds your powder in the bottom.

Personally I wouldn't do that. I mix mine up just before I drink it. I made one up one morning and didn't clean out the shaker properly and when I came home it f'in stunk. Wouldn't like to be drinking that.

I carry my milk in the shaker and I kept some of the sample packets from myprotien and I bring the powder in them.

yeah i'd heard before it's not nice to be drinking it after a while, so i wondered if the shaker thing made a difference

that compartment thing is cool :eek:

i usually make mine in the blender
    need to get back to good habits again which broke once i stopped eating the choc nut yokey... i find them perfect as a snack that isn't chicken... or a breakfast if i am not having eggs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

It won't even fit over my thighs, and I have pretty thin thighs, so can't even close it, and the shoulder straps are way too short. It was meant to be lace with embroidery and it's just organza, I thought I'd get cheap lace, but not even. It's white and I ordered ivory. It's a mess.

That is so so sh*t! I'm gutted for you. I hope you tear them a new one in your review of their service
    But I think you should get one of the ivory viv holloway dresses :)

My friend got married in one of those, she looked stunning! Her bouquet was handmade roses she crocheted herself, so cute.

I really want to go to that store just to be nosey :o It's a great idea for old dresses. Though after I get married I wanna do a "wreck the dress" photoshoot with my friends and go paintballing. For that reason alone I'll be wearing a cheap dress (but amazing shoes that will not be involved in paintballing)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I was wondering if anyone had tried the coconut flavour yet :D I'm waiting til I've gotten through my chocolate supply before getting it.

Yeh I love that shaker... I think I'm gonna buy one as a treat...

I'M SO SAD!! :D

I've to go to Dublin this weekend (I make it sound like a chore). I'm going to clean out my room. I'm just gonna get a black bag and throw all my clothes into it and give them to charity.

If I haven't gone looking for them in the 2 years I've been living away I doubt I'm going to miss them.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

Hiya Loungers, haven't been on in awhile, hope everyone is keeping well :D

can't believe that I only have 7 more days in college left! For the first time this semester I'm actually enjoying it. The pressure is off us in terms of the big, tedious assignments, and I'm really enjoying reading and writing for my current essay. I'm enjoying the reading a little bit too much, I could be in danger of forgetting that I actually have an essay to write for next Wednesday! I'm hoping to have it done by Friday though so I can try to enjoy the long weekend some bit, in between work.

Have some news on the boy in work :D we went to the cinema last week, and we had our first social outing with other people at the weekend. All going really well :D we're not official or anything yet, my mother keeps asking are we boyfriend & girlfriend yet (awww!) but I'm of the mind to take things easy and enjoy the moment and not rush in to the next phase. I've done that too often before, so now I just want to enjoy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Ahh, was planning all the lovely things I'd do on my day off tomorrow and then I was asked to work! Couldn't turn it down coz the money will come in handy. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Soooooooo tired, actually struggling to keep my eyes open.

Had a lovely day, went for lunch with my boyfriend :) Then strolled around town :)

Decided not to get that dress I was mad over because it's too short and I hate short dresses :(

Scroobius Pip tonight - woot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

I'd keep it separate until you drink it too, wouldn't even drink the milk if I had been carrying it around all day!

Those smart shakes are fantastic (don't have one) but I regularly go into pound shops for plastic containers and found a pack of 6 round screwtop containers with loads of space for protein powder and they don't take up loads of space. Use them for my yogurts too (100g yogurt, 1/2 scoop protein, chopped brazil nuts, chopped chocolate 85%, blueberries, chopped dried apricots, along with my supplements) They're worth checking out pound shops for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I think I'm about ready to break down into tears... something has gone wrong with my pc again... I think its the monitor this time, but this is now the 3rd time something has happened with my system. I really wasn't able to afford the upgrade, now I really can't afford to get a new monitor. :(

Why does this keep happening to me!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Links234 wrote: »
    I think I'm about ready to break down into tears... something has gone wrong with my pc again... I think its the monitor this time, but this is now the 3rd time something has happened with my system. I really wasn't able to afford the upgrade, now I really can't afford to get a new monitor. :(

Why does this keep happening to me!?
    As someone who regularly suffered with computer problems, I feel your pain, Links. *hug* New monitors aren't THAT expensive really. You could get a fairly basic one for around €200 to tide you over. Or, if you like big screens, you could hook up a plasma screen tv to your hardrive. Not sure exactly how to it but I hear it can be done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

McChubbin wrote: »
    As someone who regularly suffered with computer problems, I feel your pain, Links. *hug* New monitors aren't THAT expensive really. You could get a fairly basic one for around €200 to tide you over. Or, if you like big screens, you could hook up a plasma screen tv to your hardrive. Not sure exactly how to it but I hear it can be done.

I bought a 20'' LG monitor for €95 in PC World recently...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

Looks like that bit of blue plastic has gone under the couch, it'll resurface in a few months.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Almost home from work, woo! Day wasn't as bad as anticipated, and actually got to eat lunch today. :)

Noooo.. Poor Acoshla. Gutted about the dress. Those feckers. :mad:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Blood-letting time again.

Seems I'm on call this weekend, for st. Patrick's day and a bank holiday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Just got the news that Paul's body was found earlier. :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement