Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

beef price tracker

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭locha

Quoted the following for steers this week

3.50 for overage flat
    3.60 base underage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

locha wrote: »

3.50 for overage flat
    3.60 base underage
    Seems to be getting worse. So possibly for a fr steer under 30 months grading o- knock anything from 24-30 off base price (depending on FS) and your left with 3.30-3.36. You can get that for a 10 year old cow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

Cavanjack wrote: »
    Seems to be getting worse. So possibly for a fr steer under 30 months grading o- knock anything from 24-30 off base price (depending on FS) and your left with 3.30-3.36. You can get that for a 10 year old cow.

I be letting Freisians go overage at that. You will pick up a grade on most in 8 weeks as they go from fatscore 3- to 4- if not two. If you have any that grade P= they will really cruify you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

locha wrote: »

3.50 for overage flat
    3.60 base underage

Where is that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭restive

3.60 base for steers Kepak Athleague.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

Stores were off the wall in Enniscorthy today. Heaps of grass it appears.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

Willfarman wrote: »
    Stores were off the wall in Enniscorthy today. Heaps of grass it appears.

Didn't bother go down, many cows in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,229 ✭✭✭tanko

I saw a couple of u grade continental cows over 700kgs making €2.03/kg today. Does anyone know where these cows are ending up?

simx wrote: »
    Didn't bother go down, many cows in it?

Only seen a few. Good fleshy fr cow 610kgs €790. Holstein Cow same man 630 kgs €840. She was 09 so maybe lad hoped she'd fatten. Big Holstein stockbull 850kg €1040. A superb big sim cow something over 800kgs something over 1400 in money.. Belonged to a local town councillor. More bidders than were cattle. I got nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭severeoversteer

Only seen a few. Good fleshy fr cow 610kgs €790. Holstein Cow same man 630 kgs €840. She was 09 so maybe lad hoped she'd fatten. Big Holstein stockbull 850kg €1040. A superb big sim cow something over 800kgs something over 1400 in money.. Belonged to a local town councillor. More bidders than were cattle. I got nothing.

how much were 2013 yellow chx stores going?? bout 550kg

• Advertisement

Didn't see any those type weighing as well as that. But a lot ifor February 14 red lims. Nice stock 570 kgs 1240.

About 1150 for early 2013 ones I saw today.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Sorry no such thing as 'yellow', it's 'yellaa'!! Ye talk very posh around loughrea! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭ellewood

tanko wrote: »
    I saw a couple of u grade continental cows over 700kgs making €2.03/kg today. Does anyone know where these cows are ending up?
    Would u have to have to be getting E3.80-3.90/kg for them to killl into the same money in factory??

ellewood wrote: »
    Would u have to have to be getting E3.80-3.90/kg for them to killl into the same money in factory??

At least that

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭ellewood

tanko wrote: »
    At least that

Someone codding someone along the way so..

Muckit wrote: »
    Sorry no such thing as 'yellow', it's 'yellaa'!! Ye talk very posh around loughrea! :D

was going to call them golden charolais but I thought someone would take the piss!!:D

youd probably spot my farm a mile away with all the butty golden steers in the fields;)

Oh they sound like their full value, does be a lot of bad hoors of cattle there too IMO, I see mr.A is going there now too, himself and mr.H will drive cow trade wrong

Oh they sound like their full value, does be a lot of bad hoors of cattle there too IMO, I see mr.A is going there now too, himself and mr.H will drive cow trade wrong

The jobbers were impossible to contain today. It seemed they have customers waiting. Yes I see mr a frequenting the last few weeks.

The jobbers were impossible to contain today. It seemed they have customers waiting. Yes I see mr a frequenting the last few weeks.

Some prime boys around that ring alright, I especially have a soft spot for a young lad over to the right hand side, a proper gent :) ...... Mr.a and the other man have very bad blood between them. Polling going on in every mart

• Advertisement

Some prime boys around that ring alright, I especially have a soft spot for a young lad over to the right hand side, a proper gent :) ...... Mr.a and the other man have very bad blood between them. Polling going on in every mart

That young lad would be better suited to dealing piebalds! Ah the cow trade isn't simple when numbers are small.

That young lad would be better suited to dealing piebalds! Ah the cow trade isn't simple when numbers are small.

He'd fit in in any halting site with many more ha, ya can say that again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Butcher Boy

And what may I ask is wrong with dealing in piebalds ,sold a few last weak and they went to Holland left a lot more than suckling anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭TUBBY

And what may I ask is wrong with dealing in piebalds ,sold a few last weak and they went to Holland left a lot more than suckling anyway.

Sure ya could have lost money on them and that would still be true BB :)

Went in at lunchtime to have a look at the trade in bsloe. In hindsight I should have gave it a miss and took my time eating the lunch!

Lovely pen of well done spring '12 ch heifers came in, all up on the 680-700kg. All on to break the 1300 mark.

I came away depressed out of it! Had it all on to keep the dinner down. But as the man says 'thats the price of them' atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

Went in at lunchtime to have a look at the trade in bsloe. In hindsight I should have gave it a miss and took my time eating the lunch!

Lovely pen of well done spring '12 ch heifers came in, all up on the 680-700kg. All on to break the 1300 mark.

I came away depressed out of it! Had it all on to keep the dinner down. But as the man says 'thats the price of them' atm.

They make 60-90 more in the factory, that would be the dealers margin and costs.

if were spring 12 they wouldn't be qa for the next farmer that buys them as the 70 days would expire and theyd be over 30 months

the only buyer for them was the factory!!

Oh they are probably in the lairage as we speak but feck it ta hell twas shocking money for such fine cattle.

Suckler lads need not be living in cuckoo land in another few weeks. This sh*t needs to percolate down to the bottom.

Oh they are probably in the lairage as we speak but feck it ta hell twas shocking money for such fine cattle.

Suckler lads need not be living in cuckoo land in another few weeks. This sh*t needs to percolate down to the bottom.

I was at Ballinasloe weanling sale last Saturday

I was in the bull ring and almost nothing was sold, they then started running them through a second time and I didn't hang around for that

the heifer and cow ring was jammed with people, not many looking for bull weanlings though

• Advertisement

the suckler farmers will get some shock when they bring their weanlings out for sale this autumn

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement