Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official "You Go CathyMoran" thread!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I think that's a great idea, but it might be difficult to get everyone to sign.

I was thinking that maybe we could send flowers to the nurses station to thank them for looking after our friends so well? We could send them to Aoife herself, but, from what I know of her, she might not like that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

Dam you and your thinking, but you said difficult not impossible. So ill figure something out.
    Anyways re: flowers.
    I think its a great idea, so count me in if your going to go ahead with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭Vexorg

We are also trying to get something going here.

Linking the banners back to this thread allows all the well wishers a single point to communicate their thoughts for Aoife.

So if you have any graphic ability, even if you don't and just want to pop up a message to Aoife, add you graphic to the linked thread and I will stick it in the rotation.

Shane what do you reckon? I'm not looking to do a whiparound or anything, but would it be ok to send flowers? (it'll keep the nurses on their toes knowing so many people are taking an interest ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭dabbler2004

My thoughts are with both of you, here's to a speedy recovery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

Again, i wish the both of you my best wishes.

Gary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

My thoughts are with you both.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

tbh wrote:
    Shane what do you reckon? I'm not looking to do a whiparound or anything, but would it be ok to send flowers? (it'll keep the nurses on their toes knowing so many people are taking an interest ;) )

Thankyou for your thoughtful suggestion.
    Unfortunately there are no flowers allowed into the place at all- you have to wash up to your elbows with Hebiscrub and wear a disposable plastic apron to get in to the place, and then disinfect yourself when leaving.

The nurses are brilliant there- extremely dedicated to the care of their patients, and in my case, Aoife.

Today Aoife had a CAT scan done- the results of which the surgical team pronounced "encouraging". She still is having problems with pneumonia/dialysis/fluid retention/blood pressure etc- and they are not happy that her condition is stable. As such its entirely possible that she may remain in Intensive Care for another week to 10 days (the medical team were unclear when it was likely that she would be discharged to the high dependency unit- the docs way of putting it was "how long is a piece of string".....)

The most encouraging thing is that Aoife is able to talk without too much difficulty (when her lungs have been suctioned) and does not appear to be in pain. She also looks infinitely improved when you compare her with how she was this day last week. Her hair is also growing back again, slowly. The worst thing is that she finds it difficult to sleep at night there which means they sedate her- which in turn means she is a zombie the following day (today) and dozes through the day- only not to sleep the following night again......

I will be so relieved when she gets out- its so difficult to leave her in the evening.

Shane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

All the best to Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

smccarrick wrote:
    I will be so relieved when she gets out- its so difficult to leave her in the evening.

Well, you can rest easier for knowing that there's no better place for her to be at the moment, as harsh as that may seem at times. At least you are spared the worry of whether she's in good hands. It doesn't really make it that much easier to deal with, but still, small mercies and all that. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Best of luck, my thoughts and prayers are with you both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

All my thoughts are with you, you're both very strong people

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

thoughts are with you both

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

I really hope you see the "tipping-point" soon where it is obvious to you and the doctors/nurses that she no longer needs ICU.

Shane: I've seen ICU and it freaked me out (uncle) it if was my partner I don't know how I would have coped!

You are the bravest person I know!

ELivs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

I must say what a thoughtful thread.

I wish Aoife the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Best wishes to you and Aoife, Shane.

cool enough shane, good to hear the good news. I'll take the money I would have spent on flowers and give it to a cancer charity, at least I'll feel like I'm doing something worthwhile :) Tell her to take it easy!

tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

My thoughts and prayers are with you both.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Best wishes for a speedy recovery for Aoife Shane from myself and my wife, we've been thinking about ye too. You are both an inspiration.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Just saw this thread linked from one of the banners, hope everything goes well from here on in CathyMoran & smccarrick, you both seem like nice folks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

How can something go wrong when you have soo many hearts Praying for you :D

get well soon

I dont know you but ... i wish you all the best

and as i always say "Keep Hopes High"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

skywalker wrote:
    Just saw this thread linked from one of the banners, hope everything goes well from here on in CathyMoran & smccarrick, you both seem like nice folks.

Same here.
    Chin up kids, and i hope it all works out for ye soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Drift

Just found the thread from one of the banners.

Shane and Aoife you've both been in my prayers since before the op and will continue to be every day. We're all rooting for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭zeusnero

My 1st post on this thread, but have been wishing Aoife well for a long time - really stomach wrenching to read so I can't imagine how tough it is on you Shane. Really hoping everything goes well and Aoife improves rapidly over the next few weeks.

Best wishes!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

thinking of you.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Best wishes to both of you guys - I'll be checking back often with fingers crossed and beaming tons of positive energy across the ether.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

Best wishes, thinking of you both.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Same here.
    Chin up kids, and i hope it all works out for ye soon.

Yeah same here... Hope it all turns out well for you.. reading about your story sounds very familiar.. My 16 y/o cousin took very sick with Cystic Fibrosis (long term sufferer) 2 days before Xmas this year and she was up and down for a week before being put on a ventilator.. Unfortunately we lost her on New Yrs Eve..

I know how nerve racking it is watching someone rally and then go down and then get a bit better, and then down etc... I will say a prayer for Aoife that your story will have a happy ending :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Very thoughtful thread. My best wishes to you both :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭free2fly

You are both in my thoughts and in my prayers. Fingers crossed for the good news that Aoife is heading home soon.

Advertisement