Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Laptops Deals Thread [*Updated Daily*]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

same machne but with a few extras..
    What I want to ask is if this is the best price/spec.. in other words am i using the codes right !!!

:rolleyes:

Base Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T7500 Processor (2.2GHz,800MHz,4MB L2 cache)
    Microsoft Operating System Genuine Windows Vista® Business - English
    Enhanced Service Packs Base Warranty - 1 Year Business Hardware Support
    LCD 17.0" Widescreen WXGA+ (1440x900) TFT Display
    Colour Choice Matte Jet Black without Camera
    Memory 2048MB 667MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM (2x1024)
    Hard Drive 160GB (7200RPM) SATA Hard Drive
    Video Card 256MB nVidia® GeForce® 8600M GT
    Optical Devices Fixed Internal 8X DVD+/-RW Drive including Software
    Primary Battery Primary 9-cell Lithium-Ion Battery (85 WHr)
    Modem 56.6k V.92 Capable Internal Modem & Adapter - Ireland/Spain
    Mouse Dell™ Optical Scroll Premium USB Mouse
    Wireless Networking Intel® Pro Wireless 3945 802.11a/b/g Mini-Card - Europe
    Wireless Access Point and Base Routers Not included
    USB Memory Keys Lexar 2GB JumpDrive FireFly Memory Key
    Microsoft Application Software Microsoft® Works 8.0 - English

1244.56 euros..

Or would I be better off going for a 1500 with the same specs and a true colour screen ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Because you refuse to follow the links given or the codes given its only fair that you should pay the extra €400 sunny. I feel 1244 is an excellent price (for you) and recommend you buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭Darwin

@sunny2004, I'd go with neither option - have you seen what Dell have been selling on their ebay outlet for the last few days? They have sold about 15 XPS M1710's that were initially going for 1200 or so, but now seem to be selling for a little over 1000 as buyers seem to be drying up! The specs are fantastic - pretty much the same as what you've listed except with a 1900x1200 display and a 7950GTX which gives much better performance than an 8600GT (although it's not a DX10 card). The machines are refurbished but are basically good as new. Anyway check it out - their ebay ID is 'dellfactoryoutlet'

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Because you refuse to follow the links given or the codes given its only fair that you should pay the extra €400 sunny. I feel 1244 is an excellent price (for you) and recommend you buy.

Thank you !

I used this
    http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/topics/topic.aspx/emea/topics/epp/epp?c=ie&l=en&s=dhs&cs=ieepp1 as the link.. its the dell enployee purchase site

and the last code shown here in this thread... with 999 in the first box and the longer code in the second..

Now is it possible that sponge bob that you missed that i change the HDD to a 7200 speed and also changed the processor toa faster model ? and that I also added a memory stick for vista to use to spped up the system a bit more ?? Or do you know where I could get that spec for 400 less ???? please tell me.... PLEASE ! ;)

Darwin wrote: »
    @sunny2004, I'd go with neither option - have you seen what Dell have been selling on their ebay outlet for the last few days? They have sold about 15 XPS M1710's that were initially going for 1200 or so, but now seem to be selling for a little over 1000 as buyers seem to be drying up! The specs are fantastic - pretty much the same as what you've listed except with a 1900x1200 display and a 7950GTX which gives much better performance than an 8600GT (although it's not a DX10 card). The machines are refurbished but are basically good as new. Anyway check it out - their ebay ID is 'dellfactoryoutlet'

Cheers man.. will take a peek. my only worry is warranty ? do they come with a full one... I would assume so ??

• Advertisement

sunny2004 wrote: »
    Thank you !
    I used this
    http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/topics/topic.aspx/emea/topics/epp/epp?c=ie&l=en&s=dhs&cs=ieepp1
    and the last code shown here in this thread...

Ok I tried this technique with Ruus box

Vosto came up with no discount ( as expected) , still €821 with 1 year warranty

drive upgrade not worth it at all , extra spin speed for €130 , stick to base speed drive 5400

add 256m video = €893

upgrade battery = €918

mouse = €930

no memory key, not needed with 2gb Ram

check out now , thats a bargain for a 17" screen !

you get mugged for bells and whistles unless you stop at €930

• Registered Users Posts: 16 celtic8890

hi all im looking to buy Inspiron 6400 from dell im just wondering if anyone knows the cheapest way for me to buy this all help appreciated :o)

celtic8890 wrote: »
    hi all im looking to buy Inspiron 6400

€543 with XP all in , it would be too wheezy with Vista given the memory and processor .

take the free trulife screen

maybe upgrade battery for another €34

no 3d grafix

• Registered Users Posts: 16 celtic8890

cheers spongebob if i had a code would it be cheaper

Dunno, thats the best I can do for ya anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭ChipLdr

Looking to buy two laptops preferably vostros. One of them has to be light. :rolleyes:
    Basically need a dvd burner, good battery and if possible between €500-€600.

The Inspiron6400 is a good deal but that bad boy looks heavy!!!

Is there codes or am I just as good purchasing them from the small buisness section?

Cheers
    Chip

This vostro is lighter and nearer €530

Dell Factory Outlet On EBay List of All Systems

You are encouraged to check to see whats in there . Do not get into a bidding frenzy becuase it may not be cheap if you do . Set your ceiling and stick to it. Also remember delivery will be another €30 on top of the price while many linkees here include delivery.

I was watching this one which went from €507+30 del to €577+30 del in the last minute. Use auctionsniper to bid for you at 10 or 5 secs before the bidding ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

woooo ordered 4 vostro 1500's on the 11th, delivered today on the 18th. Thats service for ya...
    Sadly im a hundred miles away from them atm, but will get it this evening :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Can anyone tell me what is being sacrificed by getting a Vostro? Better spec at a cheaper price, there must be some catch?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

cormie wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what is being sacrificed by getting a Vostro? Better spec at a cheaper price, there must be some catch?

im not sure what the catch is either, i checked for reviews on the net of it before, and couldnt find any reason why they are cheaper then similarly specd dell laptops. Ill know soon anyway!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I have bought the 6400 and the Vostro in the last 6 months for family, both with Vista, the Vostro with the higher spec, but I just felt on installing software and running with was sluggish, cannot explain it but the 6400 just seemed zippyier

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Dr. Nick wrote: »

No...you can get the same spec Dell one for € 470.19

Evalue

305-N1010002
    BASE AMD® Athlon™ 64 X2 Mobile Technology TK53 edit 
    OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows® XP Professional - English edit 
    HARDWARE SUPPORT  Base Warranty - 1 Year Business Hardware Support edit 
    LCD 15.4" Wide Screen WXGA (1280 x 800) Display edit 
    MEMORY 1024MB 533MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM [2x512] edit 
    HARD DRIVE 120GB (5400rpm) SATA Hard Drive edit 
    GRAPHICS CARD ATI Radeon® Xpress 1150 HyperMemory (integrated) edit 
    OPTICAL DRIVE Fixed Internal 8X DVD+/-RW Drive including Software edit 
    PRIMARY BATTERY 6 cell Lithium-Ion Battery (53 Whr)

And for €600 you can get the faster

305 N1010003A
    BASE AMD® Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL56 edit 
    MEMORY 2048MB 533 MHz Dual-Channel DDR2 SDRAM (2x1024)  edit 

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭BCawley

Just a small technical question here.

The Vostro 1000 is the same price through the EPP (code: 305 N1010002) and Dell.ie

Is the EPP discount subtracted during payment or is there a (mistake) on Dell's behalf?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

BCawley wrote: »
    Just a small technical question here.

The Vostro 1000 is the same price through the EPP (code: 305 N1010002) and Dell.ie

Is the EPP discount subtracted during payment or is there a (mistake) on Dell's behalf?

Thanks
    Think there is a mistake i noticed this too....when you do it through the UK site it takes off the 3%

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

Sqaull20 wrote: »
    No...you can get the same spec Dell one for € 470.19

Evalue

305-N1010002
    BASE AMD® Athlon™ 64 X2 Mobile Technology TK53 edit 
    MEMORY 1024MB 533MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM [2x512] edit 

And for €600 you can get the faster

305 N1010003A
    BASE AMD® Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL56 edit 
    MEMORY 2048MB 533 MHz Dual-Channel DDR2 SDRAM (2x1024)  edit 

But are these only available to registered business users?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Qwerty? wrote: »

Nope the vostro are available to anyone. You may be asked for your company name. It does not matter what you enter for this.

When buying a vostro, what do you sarcrifice in terms of media, if anything (speakers quality etc)?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Qwerty? wrote: »

No...Anyone can get them

They dont ask for any vat numbers and stuff,I bought 2 Vostro desktops 2 months ago and there great :D

You dont have to use the 305 code either the standard one IEBSDONL will work out at the same price...€470 for the better battery and €460 for the not so good one....Brillant value imo,Dual core cpu,windows xp,big hard drive,gig of ram and stylish looks...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    When buying a vostro, what do you sarcrifice in terms of media, if anything (speakers quality etc)?

The Vostro 1000 don't have any of the media buttons(play, stop etc) on the edge of the case that allow you to control media player. They are in the rest of the vostro range though. That's about it.

Cheers Cushionman

• Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Did i read somewhere that epp was giving truoble online but have to ring up and get your 7" discount which should bring the 600 euro machine down a good bit more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Once again, let me repeat for those that didn't read the thread before posting.
    The Employee Purchase Program (EPP) discount does not apply to systems in the business catagory like the Vostro notebooks and desktops. It only applies to home systems, ie Inspiron desktops and notebooks.

If you visit the EPP site (www.dell.ie/epp) instead of the normal Dell site, the discount (if any) is already applied to the prices shown before you even get to the basket. You will not see any reference to the discount in your basket and you do not have to ring Dell to get the EPP discount.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement