Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Kaching

Posy wrote: »
    I've tried to, but I just could never warm to Paddy. He always really irritates me.
    )

So I'm not the only one then?:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Only starting watching Emmerdale again the past couple of weeks so out of the loop a bit, Can someone explain to me why the Bartons dont like that Declan guy and also the whole Debbie and Andy thing. Is it all in his head or does she have feelings for him too? Ta

• Registered Users Posts: 85,597 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

pookiesboo wrote: »
    Only starting watching Emmerdale again the past couple of weeks so out of the loop a bit, Can someone explain to me why the Bartons dont like that Declan guy and also the whole Debbie and Andy thing. Is it all in his head or does she have feelings for him too? Ta

Adam Barton was dating Declan's daughter Mia and also shagging his wife Ella when Declan found out he called in John Barton's loan/repayments for the farm earlier I think, John was buying the farm off Declan

Debbie slept with Andy to get preggers as the turkey baster wasnt working and now Andy loves her and Debbie loves Cameron

Hope that helps ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭pavb2

Dramatic and sad about John quite well done though I was irritated by the 'Do you remember when... and then your mother did this, and then I said'

probably been mentioned before but Emmerdale must be top or thereabouts for deaths in a soap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

pavb2 wrote: »
    Dramatic and sad about John quite well done though I was irritated by the 'Do you remember when... and then your mother did this, and then I said'

probably been mentioned before but Emmerdale must be top or thereabouts for deaths in a soap
    I also think is was well played. But (in my opinion, probably only) it's natural to go to trivial things when a person dies suddenly, how they dealt with that is what makes them unique.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

I thought the aftermath of the death was so real, it brought lots of memories of just after family deaths! And to me that means they did it spot on.
    I have cried through every episode since! :o

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,542 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I thought it was handled very well too.
    Even the realism of Moira saying they'd have to do a shop because they'd be people calling around and need tea etc..
    Sad couple of episodes there. :(

Chas looks set to target another prey this time around it is
    Cameron
    :eek:

Declan in tonight's episode- what an asshole!!! :mad:

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Cameron

town bike strikes again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Cameron

Not as if she's going to go for someone who's single now is it. I hear Alex or Declan is next on her list.

Speaking of Declan, I love Megan. I'll love her more if she drives Katie out of Home Farm

Epicurus wrote: »
    Speaking of Declan, I love Megan. I'll love her more if she drives Katie out of Home Farm

The character she is playing in emmerdale is soooooo different from the one she played in Coronation Street.

Yeah, Declan's sister seems cool. I love Gaynor Faye! :)

How callous is Declan about Mia's death? No wonder he doesn't care about John having passed away.
    "I didn't call you to say your niece had died because it turns out she wasn't biologically mine so you probably wouldn't have bothered coming to the funeral anyway since she wasn't really related to you after all.."
    Declan has issues.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/soaperstar/view/236854/Emmerdale-Danny-Miller-has-a-red-hot-farewell/

Aaron's exit revealed
    Aaron takes the rap for Adam who sets fire to the garage as revenge on Cain and then leaves for good

• Registered Users Posts: 31 united_lmc

Shame they are ruining Declan by making him so selfish and greedy. And there is absolutely no chemistry between him and katie imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭noveltea

What is the story with Zak going missing

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

noveltea wrote: »
    What is the story with Zak going missing

Is it just a breakdown after the Cain incident or is there more to it...... I had the mad thought today when Zac was looking in the mirror did he fear he had something to do with john's accident ie was there someting wrong with Andy's jeep, had Zac donesomething. Or else he prob very depressed after the Cain thing.
    He seems to be totally lost:(

It might all come back to the Lisa/ rape story line too.That was very emasculating for him (as well asbeing horriffic for Lisa obv)

united_lmc wrote: »
    Shame they are ruining Declan by making him so selfish and greedy. And there is absolutely no chemistry between him and katie imo.

Declan even has better chemistry with his sister Megan :p

I wanna see Declan with Moira down the line

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Lisha wrote: »
    Is it just a breakdown after the Cain incident or is there more to it...... I had the mad thought today when Zac was looking in the mirror did he fear he had something to do with john's accident ie was there someting wrong with Andy's jeep, had Zac donesomething. Or else he prob very depressed after the Cain thing.
    He seems to be totally lost:(

It might all come back to the Lisa/ rape story line too.That was very emasculating for him (as well asbeing horriffic for Lisa obv)

I read on another fourm that this year will see a storyline involving Zak
    developing early stages of alzheimers.

I was just thinking that myself, about 6 months or a year from now. Maybe some of her passion could wear off on him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

Temaz wrote: »

Oh I hope not, I dont think I could bear to watch that.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 united_lmc

Ya i think him and Moira would be a good pairing. Would be interesting to see how her family would react.

Temaz wrote: »

Hope they do it better than corrie does

Kaching wrote: »
    Hope they do it better than corrie does

Corrie did it well with Mike Baldwin but the fireman's wife storyline is lame and pointless imo

Surprised Moira's mother wasnt at John's cremation as she got mentioned quite a bit by the family

Corrie did it well with Mike Baldwin but the fireman's wife storyline is lame and pointless imo

Oh yeah I forgot about Mike , I was more on about the fireman fella

Emmerdale star Sophie Powles has revealed details of turbulent times ahead for her character Holly Barton, who will soon turn back to drugs in her desperate state.

Holly successfully fought a heroin addiction in 2010, but episodes airing next month will see her tempted back to her old ways as she continues to grieve for the loss of her father John.

Unable to deal with her pain for any longer, Holly gets in touch with an old contact and buys some heroin.

Powles told Soaplife: "[She's after] a fix. She needs the pain to go. She can't cope at all - too much has happened. Alex tells her she's the strong one in the family, and says she needs to do whatever she has to do to get them through it.

"The only thing Holly can think of to numb the pain is heroin. She has no intention of OD'ing. She thinks she'll have one fix and work out what to do next. She takes Alex at his word in completely the wrong way."

Reports have suggested that Cain Dingle will find Holly slumped unconscious outside the village's garage after she has succumbed to temptation.

Discussing how the rest of the Bartons might react, Powles added: "They wouldn't understand it's her escape. It'll always be an issue for Holly - the heroin ghost."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Cameron is like those 'I love you I love you not' daisies. I'm leaving, I'm staying, I'm leaving I'm staying....good girl Debbie for kicking him out :D

Ugh another Holly on the heroin again JP Liz V1...they need new story lines STAT:D

Cameron is like those 'I love you I love you not' daisies. I'm leaving, I'm staying, I'm leaving I'm staying....good girl Debbie for kicking him out :D

Ugh another Holly on the heroin again JP Liz V1...they need new story lines STAT:D

Holly is leaving so I guess this will lead to her exit, perhaps rehab or off with her friend in London

Holly is leaving so I guess this will lead to her exit, perhaps rehab or off with her friend in London
    They could have just killed Holly off in a car crash with her dad in that case! :pac:
    Are there any other Barton's leaving?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Or an overdose.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement