Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭nostrils

My parcel motel is set for Lucan do you think it be wise to change location I've 2 parcels due to be delivered to them today?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,739 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I'm getting a bit worried reading this thread as I only signed up for PM a fortnight ago and so far have had no issues with multiple Amazon orders being delivered to my local site (D18)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Allyall wrote: »
    Amazon have been doing this for a while now.
    It wouldn't surprise me if they do it on purpose, as i'd say they're "losing" money because of PM.
    Many Ebay sellers in the UK got really P'd off when they discovered what PM was. They made a lot of money from their extortionate shipping prices. There was a large thread with many of them talking about it in the Ebay UK forums, they wanted to bring in shipping prices to N.I.

I can't find the large original thread.
    Similar example thread

I've been charged as much as £25 for postage to Ireland (not a large item, but weighed 3kgs). If they won't ship to PM, they don't get my money. Simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I've been charged as much as £25 for postage to Ireland (not a large item, but weighed 3kgs). If they won't ship to PM, they don't get my money. Simple.

Yeah, same here. I've been charged crazy money in the past, for items that were neither large or heavy, and seen even crazier ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

Allyall wrote: »
    Yeah, same here. I've been charged crazy money in the past, for items that were neither large or heavy, and seen even crazier ones.

totally agree I ordered a small bunch of short cables, a thermometer and a dvd and was quoted £60 postage when the items cost less than €20 to buy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

totally agree I ordered a small bunch of short cables, a thermometer and a dvd and was quoted £60 postage when the items cost less than €20 to buy

Why anyone would even bother giving such a stupid quote is beyond me. Were they sending via unicorn?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Anyone know how long you can leave something there? Got a notification Monday night and am out if the country til next Monday. Will it be cool to pick up then?

Anyone know how long you can leave something there? Got a notification Monday night and am out if the country til next Monday. Will it be cool to pick up then?

You get charged extra once a parcel has been in the locker for more than 48 hours

you'll be charged €3.50 for every 48hours its there, can you arrange someone to get it for you? they just need ur number and the pin

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

spix wrote: »
    You get charged extra once a parcel has been in the locker for more than 48 hours

and extra per night. You would be better off paying them to deliver it somewhere else, or asking someone to pick it up for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭suds1984

Anyone find they are not putting up pictures of parcels at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭redtelephone

suds1984 wrote: »

Yea I've got 2 items with them at the moment but only 1 has a picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,497 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Anyone from the Lucan parcel motel get a text about their package being available from a truck this evening between 5 & 9 and if so have you checked your account to see if it's status has changed from checkedin to in transit?

Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭Encrustment

suds1984 wrote: »

Package was delivered to Parcel Motel Northern Ireland at 11am this morn, photo appeared at 6pm. The usually get it down to Cork by 7am the next morning. Fingers crossed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

Happened me last week 2 Amazon split my order in 2 so had to pay for 2 lockers,Parcel Motel said they couldn't do anything.Then today I get a text from Parcel Motel telling me my oversized parcel is ready for collection in Dublin yet they know my Parcel Motel address is Limerick..Or they can deliver for another €10.50!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,567 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Got 2 items last week, a case for a tablet (£10) and a cable (£0.99), they split them into 2 separate deliveries... It wasn't directly from Amazon I might add but they were from the same seller and I had selected to have them sent at the same time in the one package etc!

Luckily enough I cancelled the item on time and bought the cable from some guy on ebay who delivered 2 of them to my house for €4.00 (discounted delivery that I just couldn't pass up lol)

I'll be remembering this when I next might buy from Amazon!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mrsbouquet

J o e wrote: »
    Let me know how you get on! I tried to order a suit on Next.co.uk last week because it was €40 cheaper and much faster delivery times than the Irish site. The payment failed though as the address on my card did not match the billing address on my Next.co.uk account, which must be within the UK.

The bank was happy to make the payment but Next rejected it due to their UK rule, as a result the authorisation for the payment was successful on my card but no payment was taken. The cost of the suit is now locked out of the "available balance" on my card so I can't touch it.

I have tried the bank but they said they can't release it until Next cancels the authorisation or wait for 10 working days for it to expire. Next claim it's an issue for the bank and they never took payment (which they didn't, but did get authorisation for payment). I've been going around in circles with them for days now.

So be careful if you're buying something expensive!
    Thanks very much for all the help folks.
    I used nightline phone number and completed registration and it looked like everything was going smoothly but in the end just said unfortunately i could not register and to ring uk number. So it looks like they do not want anyone to use parcelmotel

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Just an update on my split Amazon orders, the first one I received this morning and the second one is currently in transit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭Encrustment

Package was delivered to Parcel Motel Northern Ireland at 11am this morn, photo appeared at 6pm. The usually get it down to Cork by 7am the next morning. Fingers crossed :)

My parcel above arrived at 6am this morn ^

Service seems to be fine for Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭scotchy

Just wanted to say that I've used PM 5 or 6 times over the past few days with no problems.

I had been a bit nervous using the service so close to Christmas and after reading this thread, but I cant rate them highly enough.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭MrVestek

tantipie wrote: »
    Happened me last week 2 Amazon split my order in 2 so had to pay for 2 lockers,Parcel Motel said they couldn't do anything.Then today I get a text from Parcel Motel telling me my oversized parcel is ready for collection in Dublin yet they know my Parcel Motel address is Limerick..Or they can deliver for another €10.50!!!

Yeah that's pretty standard alright, what's your problem here exactly?

tantipie wrote: »

According to parcel motels website, you can ask them to bring it to nightlines limerick depot where you can collect it free of charge (aside from the standard oversized parcel fee)

Nightline
    Unit 4K
    Crosagalla Industral Estate
    Ballysimon Road
    Limerick

I had one parcel checked in when i logged in last night, woke up this morning and 2 parcels are at my motel waiting :D delays... what delays

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

I just signed up for parcel motel there to enable me to use the free 30 day amazon prime trial, when I enter the Antrim addresse I got from PM it won't let me enter the number I was given from PM, instead it 'suggests' Nightline.

I'm at the last stage of the order and prime is working but will putting in Nightline work instead of my PM number, surely not?

Thanks for any help, under pressure so close to Christmas!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

I just signed up for parcel motel there to enable me to use the free 30 day amazon prime trial, when I enter the Antrim addresse I got from PM it won't let me enter the number I was given from PM, instead it 'suggests' Nightline.

I'm at the last stage of the order and prime is working but will putting in Nightline work instead of my PM number, surely not?

If i recall correctly, when I added the address in Amazon you get a sugestion the Nightline address, but there should be an option to ignore the suggested address and use the address you enter.

Yeah nightline will work.fine, all 1 place. Just put it pmid next to ur name l.

I ordered from Amazon using prime and it still took 3days.from being dispatched to get to motel

Thanks folks, I put my pmid beside my name and it worked.

Amazon 'guarantee' that it'll arrive at that Antrim Adresse on Saturday, when should I expect it to arrive at my local parcel motel?
    Would I be better off using the Dublin addresse I was given by PM? I used the Antrim one as figured I'd have more of a chance of my prime trial working as it wouldn't work with my home addresse.

Thanks folks, I put my pmid beside my name and it worked.

Amazon 'guarantee' that it'll arrive at that Antrim Adresse on Saturday, when should I expect it to arrive at my local parcel motel?
    Would I be better off using the Dublin addresse I was given by PM? I used the Antrim one as figured I'd have more of a chance of my prime trial working as it wouldn't work with my home addresse.

Where is your local motel? If it's Lucan your out of luck as it's taking up to a week to get packages due to time of year if it's a quite one down the country you should be ok!

Where is your local motel? If it's Lucan your out of luck as it's taking up to a week to get packages due to time of year if it's a quite one down the country you should be ok!

I'm in Waterford!

• Advertisement

I'm in Waterford!

Haven't heard of any issues in Waterford, so you should be ok, just bare in mind they are pretty busy so it might take a day or two extra to get it down to your local parcelmotel, keep checking the website, it should update once it arrives to Finglas, then you can give their customer service a call to get an eta when it will arrive in Waterford.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement