Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC contract changes advertised today

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Time to ring up again? Got the following email today:

We’re writing to inform you that the price of your UPC service will go up by €5.00 a month from 1 February 2015 and will be reflected in your next bill. While a price rise is never welcome, it means that we can bring you even more of the best value and most exciting entertainment in 2015.
    If your account currently includes a promotional offer or discount, rest assured this will continue to be applied until the promotional period comes to an end.
    Some of our Home Phone call rates will increase from 3 March 2015. You can find more details on these changes in the link below.

I am currently in the half price deal paying €40 p/m but it's expires next month I think!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Thanks for the heads up, mine expires at the end of this month so time to start hunting some prices soon

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Pablo1802

Time to ring up again? Got the following email today:

I am currently in the half price deal paying €40 p/m but it's expires next month I think!

I got it too, but shortly after I had another one email :

"Don’t miss out on getting an even better bundle in 2015 for no additional monthly cost. Claim your new and improved bundle today

You’re enjoying the best entertainment around

An ever-growing selection of channels
    You’ll be enjoying over 100 channels with something for everyone including great channels like the Disney Channel, Disney Junior and the Discovery Channel.

New improved Horizon GO - now out of home as well
    Watch 73 channels at home and 48 channels out of the home including favourites like the RTÉ channels, TV3, 3e, and On Demand box sets plus more.

Fastest Broadband in Ireland - 240Mb
    With 240Mb Broadband plans available, UPC is the undisputed heavyweight of Broadband in Ireland.

Get even more entertainment at no extra cost

Horizon Max TV with My Prime
    - Over 100 channels with all the popular Irish and UK channels

- Record 4 programmes while you watch a 5th

- 22 HD channels included as standard

- One neat Horizon box

Unlimited Broadband
    - Unlimited 240Mb Broadband

- Unlimited usage

Calls Included
    - Limitless calls to all Irish numbers, including mobiles, plus 400 minutes to 22 international destinations

- Now includes calls to Irish mobiles

CLAIM NOW"
    If you're on a special deal, clicking CLAIM NOW means choosing a new package and a brand new contract for another 12 or 18 months without further discounts...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

I got a notice of €7 price increase. :eek::mad:

At the moment paying €73.

I am out of contract though. Just wondering how to approch UPC to get some discount?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Pablo1802 wrote: »
    I got it too, but shortly after I had another one email :

"Don’t miss out on getting an even better bundle in 2015 for no additional monthly cost. Claim your new and improved bundle today

You’re enjoying the best entertainment around

An ever-growing selection of channels
    You’ll be enjoying over 100 channels with something for everyone including great channels like the Disney Channel, Disney Junior and the Discovery Channel.

New improved Horizon GO - now out of home as well
    Watch 73 channels at home and 48 channels out of the home including favourites like the RTÉ channels, TV3, 3e, and On Demand box sets plus more.

Fastest Broadband in Ireland - 240Mb
    With 240Mb Broadband plans available, UPC is the undisputed heavyweight of Broadband in Ireland.

Get even more entertainment at no extra cost

Horizon Max TV with My Prime
    - Over 100 channels with all the popular Irish and UK channels

- Record 4 programmes while you watch a 5th

- 22 HD channels included as standard

- One neat Horizon box

Unlimited Broadband
    - Unlimited 240Mb Broadband

- Unlimited usage

Calls Included
    - Limitless calls to all Irish numbers, including mobiles, plus 400 minutes to 22 international destinations

- Now includes calls to Irish mobiles

CLAIM NOW"
    If you're on a special deal, clicking CLAIM NOW means choosing a new package and a brand new contract for another 12 or 18 months without further discounts...

Very sneaky on their part!

• Advertisement

Very sneaky on their part!

UPC simply took a lesson from last year and probably some UPC customers would agree with above offer by just clicking the button.
    It is the time to make another call to cancellation team again ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭tigershould

It is the time to make another call to cancellation team again ;)

Does anyone have the direct line into the cancellation team, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭shaddupayaface

The price of your UPC service is going up so we can keep giving you the best
    Account Number: xxxxxxx
    Dear Xxxx

We’re writing to inform you that the price of your UPC service will go up by €7.00 a month from 1 February 2015 and will be reflected in your next bill. While a price rise is never welcome, it means that we can bring you even more of the best value and most exciting entertainment in 2015.

If your account currently includes a promotional offer or discount, rest assured this will continue to be applied until the promotional period comes to an end.
    Some of our Home Phone call rates will increase from 3 March 2015. You can find more details on these changes in the link below.

We’re changing your UPC service
    and making it even better:

20 Extra TV Channels
    By 1 February 2015 we will have upgraded your TV pack, giving you 20 extra channels to choose from, including SyFy, Animal Planet, Disney and Disney Junior. That will bring the total number of channels to 100.

Introducing My Prime
    My Prime is an enhancement to your Horizon TV service and will be available from February 2015. Enjoy box sets and favourite movies for you to watch on any device at any time for FREE, with regular updates so there’s always something new to view.

More Home Phone minutes
    We’re upgrading your Anywhere 150 Home Phone Pack from 1 February 2015 to give you an extra 150 minutes including calls to Irish mobiles. That’s double the minutes you have already.

To find out more about these changes visit our website at www.upc.ie/

We really hope you want to continue enjoying all the great value entertainment you get from us. But if you wish you can downgrade or cancel your service within 30 days of receipt of this notice without any penalty or cancellation fee.
    We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued custom and for selecting UPC.
    Kind regards

This is the email I received today. I'll be on the phone to them to cancel!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭peppa 1986

Just got an email with increase of 16.01 per month.....robbery...will have to change

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭shaddupayaface

Can't find cancellation number but 1890 940 140 is the number for the loyalty team if this helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

How would one go about cancelling their 12 month contract after receiving the same email about price increases? We're moving house before the end of the month and want to cancel but not pay out the 200euro fee and it looks like due to the increases they've changed the contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

Roddy23 wrote: »
    How would one go about cancelling their 12 month contract after receiving the same email about price increases? We're moving house before the end of the month and want to cancel but not pay out the 200euro fee and it looks like due to the increases they've changed the contract.
    Ring 1908, choose accounts & billing, tell them you want to cancel, they'll put you through to cancellations/retentions/loyalty dept who will try to make you an offer to stay. Refuse. They'll give you an email address to send your 30 days cancellation notice to. Make sure you say you're cancelling due to increased charges & therefore not liable for penalty fees.

Can't find cancellation number but 1890 940 140 is the number for the loyalty team if this helps.

Loyalty department on 061272190

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Called them...said since u r currently on offer cannot do anything pls cancel !! Cancellation team will call u just before last date !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

lads can I cancel, then sign back up again to get another intro offer? (or get the housemate to sign up)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

lads can I cancel, then sign back up again to get another intro offer? (or get the housemate to sign up)
    That's what I did last year. Myself and the girlfriend living together so I cancelled and then she signed up on a 6 month offer. Worked out pretty well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Their website was down entire day today for 3-4 hrs...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭JTMan

Loyalty department on 061272190

Thanks. Are they open at the weekend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

tharmor wrote: »
    Their website was down entire day today for 3-4 hrs...

Short day that!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

JTMan wrote: »
    Thanks. Are they open at the weekend?

No, monday-friday 9-5.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭questionmark

hi , i didnt get an email :s dose that mean my price will stay the same ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

I got my email goibg up by 9.99 .ow well time to play games again with them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭south

Also got the email, going up by 12.99!! That's a very big jump

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭mckildare

After reading through this ball of confusion;

1st email; 5 euro increase with a change in Phone - Freetime World local and national calls becoming all day instead of just offpeak

2nd email: Upgrade from Digital Value to Horizon Max, 120Mb to 240Mb and addition of unlimited calls to Irish mobiles..

Signing a new contract is ok with us. Staying where we are for at least another year from February anyway. Seems ok for an extra 5 euro unless I'm missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Benzino

Unless I'm missing something, this is actually good news for me as I will be able to "change" my package to the same one, which is now €5 cheaper than it was when I signed up. Or switch package and pay an extra fiver a month for twice the speed I am currently getting. The only thing I'm unsure of is the contract length, couldn't see any mention of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭dubal

According to my email, its going up by €17 200mb to 240mb should make no real difference :-(

Its such a waste of everyone's time when you have to go through this every time. I think I'll really leave this time!

Dubal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

You have to question why are they giving a ton of price increases in the last few years when Sky is launching their fiber broadband next month. UPC had to gain their customers from Eircom. They will happily move on if they can get a similar service elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Mine is going up 2 euro which on the face of it is OK but I've been on a half price for a year deal so it's going up 2 quid in top of returning to it'd full price. I'll be going saorview if I can't get a similar deal this time around. Hardly watch the telly anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭ninty

How soon do they cut u off if you just get rid of analogue tv part of package

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement