Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options
  • 18-01-2013 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭

As the title says, what seemingly trivial things bug you?

There's plenty for me, but lately its a spoon.

In the top drawer in the kitchen we have all the cutlery in one of those tray things that everyone has. Everything's in its own little section. But there's one bastard spoon doing my head in.
    I have no idea where it came from or why it's even there.
    The problem is, it's too big to be a small spoon.....but too small to be a big spoon. I never know what section to put it in, and every time I open the drawer.........there it is. Mocking me.

I fúcking hate that spoon.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

When there's the slightest breeze and the door keeps tapping off the frame, trying to close...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

Dean09 wrote: »
    As the title says, what seemingly trivial things bug you?

There's plenty for me, but lately its a spoon.

In the top drawer in the kitchen we have all the cutlery in one of those tray things that everyone has. Everything's in its own little section. But there's one bastard spoon doing my head in.
    I have no idea where it came from or why it's even there.
    The problem is, it's too big to be a small spoon.....but too small to be a big spoon. I never know what section to put it in, and every time I open the drawer.........there it is. Mocking me.

I fúcking hate that spoon.

Throw it out. Odd freaky spoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

On my daily drive to work my favourite radio station cuts in and out at the same point in the road, only does it for 10 seconds till i get past a hill. Really trivial, but bugs me every day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

People over the age of 15 that say "epic". Grow up you fucking prick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

People over the age of 15 that say "epic". Grow up you fucking prick!
    If you say ****ing prick quickly enough it sounds exactly like epic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭subscriber

Simply ppl that leave used dishes with food in them in the sink for days, one of my house mates left stale beans in a pot in the sink for four days before washing it.. He was at the sink at least two times every day for the four days and never glanced at it never mind to wash it... Just don't get it..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

Driving behind someone in the morning doing 15 miles an hour because they think the roads are slippy when they are not!!!
    I think that's when I am at my angriest...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

people that wash the dishes, dirtiest first, then are cleaning glasses last in piggy water. my OH cannot see the difference. Drives me mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭cassid

I notice the older I get the more things annoy me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Naggers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Dean09 wrote: »
    I never know what section to put it in

Put it in the bin.

The way the volume of the ads go up during breaks.

A law was passed in the U.S. recently forcing the networks to show ads at the same audio level as the programs. Wish they'd do that here.

• Site Banned Posts: 7 battlenoob3

Irish telly. I can't stand it.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭outnumbered82

When the curtains aren't even on each side.
    I can't sleep till they are perfect

Someone that's breathing with a whistling sound coming from their nose.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

When people don't turn the taps off tightly enough in the jacks next to my room,always have to get up and stop the annoying dripping in the dead of night!

People who ring the doorbell more then once in succession.

People who use the word banter,bants,bantersaurus or anything involving the word banter!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

When I'm just about to climax and my Nana's face appears in my head. I don't know why. It's as if it's a sin.

O.k., I'm going to say it before some-one else does. Might as well get it out of the way early.

Horse in my burger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Where To wrote: »
    If you say ****ing prick quickly enough it sounds exactly like epic

Nah, it doesn't. You're only pulling my dick :P

When I'm just about to climax and my Nana's face appears in my head. I don't know why. It's as if it's a sin.

Jaysus. I'd class that a little higher than trivial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Advertisments. Especially the really sh*tty ones like confued or noiex newmans whatever the f*c they are on the radio.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Advertisments. Especially the really sh*tty ones like confued or noiex newmans whatever the f*ck they are on the radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

When people feel the need to whine about every little thing. There's a girl in college and she ALWAYS finds something complain about no matter where she is. Drives me mad!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

When people complain about people complaining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Naggers.
    People who misspell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭homeless student

being in a public toilet and seeing people not wash their hands after using the facilities, see it every day, it disgusts me.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭debabyjesus

Learner drivers that put the L plates on backwards. These people want to be allowed drive on the roads yet can't put a sign up properly. Everybody in the car knows you're not capable of driving, its the other drivers you're supposed to warn ffs. I call them backwards learner drivers.

I saw an instructor with them on backwards a few weeks ago and i nearly lost the plot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Subvocalisation, once I became aware of it it started to annoy me. Now I count in my head while reading to try and stop but it still hasn't completely gone away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭xLexie

People who eat like farm animals, breathing loudly through their nose and they're ploughing in to whatever's in front of them. And eating with their mouths open.

The nose of a spoon hitting off a mug while stirring tea/coffee.

When people put spoons in the fork section or forks in the knives section.

The sound of liquid being poured. Makes my skin crawl.

When people don't leave the phone back on the charger so when you go to make a call the phone is usually dead, or can't be found.

Letters half wedged into the letterbox. This is ireland so when you actually get the letter half of it is dry and the other half is sopping wet.

Parents who look doe eyed at their little brats while I fantasise about poisoning them for being annoying little fuggs. Bad behaviour is not cute and I don't care they're only a child.

When a window isn't shut properly and the winds blowing it and making it bang.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

humbert wrote: »
    Subvocalisation, once I became aware of it it started to annoy me. Now I count in my head while reading to try and stop but it still hasn't completely gone away.

How can you count in your head while reading?? I say the words in my head when reading :L

• Advertisement

humbert wrote: »

I read somewhere that it's impossible to eliminate it entirely.

Learning to speed read?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement