Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

17-08-2012, 08:36   #301
gavmcg92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenon560 View Post
There is no "sore loser" about it, people just don't like the whole, kill players, claim land, raid chests, unclaim. Which I agree.
When people go and make these dull ass, ugly obsidian bases and underwater, they think they are clever and using their intiative when it just dulls the game for everybody.
Imagine if everybody did tht, it would be completely boring and no attacks.

It's easy to accuse people of being sore losers when your in a position where your completely safe and secure.
Did you look at the new updates? Obsidian bases under the sea are no longer 100% safe. Sure Creeps base was the exact same as ours, an obsidian cube under the sea in the middle of no where.

When a player is on from that team, you can destroy that obsidian and gain entry into the base.

You talk about it not being fun attacking an obsidian cube under the water. I can't speak for the other lads, but I had great fun trying to figure out how to stop the water source blocks above the roof so that I could break the obsidian without drowning.

The problem with a factions server is that everyone has an opinion and no matter how many changes are made to the rules, you never going to please everyone. I know that AWE and MnC were no happy with the new changes but we adapted to them and used them against Creeps.

Last edited by gavmcg92; 17-08-2012 at 08:43.
Advertisement
17-08-2012, 09:34   #302
Kenno90

In other news Jeb is developing an invisibility potion it'll completely hide you and your name in SMP servers.

Armour (and most likely tools) stay visible so if you want to go sneaking around you have to go with no protection.

Would be very cool for factions , here's hoping its in 1.3.3
Thanks from:
17-08-2012, 09:54   #303
cidmon

i think one of the problems is theres not enough active players on the server to combat an awe/mnc raid. tryin to defend our base when it was me and niall against nim and gav was fun but what chance was there when the 2 of us were up against 5-6 of them.
(2) thanks from:
17-08-2012, 10:05   #304
Kenno90

Quote:
Originally Posted by cidmon View Post
i think one of the problems is theres not enough active players on the server to combat an awe/mnc raid. tryin to defend our base when it was me and niall against nim and gav was fun but what chance was there when the 2 of us were up against 5-6 of them.
Thats because its two large factions working together, you could just as easily ally with another faction and do the same to them.

I'm not taking sides but you honestly can't tell them to back off because there is 5 of them and only 2 of you, sure when our base was raided, it was a them against podge on his own.
17-08-2012, 10:49   #305
cidmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenno90 View Post
Thats because its two large factions working together, you could just as easily ally with another faction and do the same to them.

I'm not taking sides but you honestly can't tell them to back off because there is 5 of them and only 2 of you, sure when our base was raided, it was a them against podge on his own.
im not sayin they should back off just pointin out server needs more active players most ive seen online at once since the raids on DT is 10-11
Advertisement
17-08-2012, 10:53   #306
Xenon560

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavmcg92 View Post
Did you look at the new updates? Obsidian bases under the sea are no longer 100% safe. Sure Creeps base was the exact same as ours, an obsidian cube under the sea in the middle of no where.

When a player is on from that team, you can destroy that obsidian and gain entry into the base.

You talk about it not being fun attacking an obsidian cube under the water. I can't speak for the other lads, but I had great fun trying to figure out how to stop the water source blocks above the roof so that I could break the obsidian without drowning.

The problem with a factions server is that everyone has an opinion and no matter how many changes are made to the rules, you never going to please everyone. I know that AWE and MnC were no happy with the new changes but we adapted to them and used them against Creeps.
That is true, you can't keep everyone happy. That's why my game changes are just my opinions being thrown out there, nothing more.
(2) thanks from:
17-08-2012, 11:11   #307
gavmcg92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenon560 View Post
That is true, you can't keep everyone happy. That's why my game changes are just my opinions being thrown out there, nothing more.
Exactly. This is how we can develop the server and adapt the current rules to try and make it as balanced as possible. Whining about past or present raids doesn't really add anything to the game. Making suggestions and debating them provides from a constructive environment.
(2) thanks from:
17-08-2012, 20:52   #308
gavmcg92

AWE have split!
17-08-2012, 20:58   #309
Owen2346

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqELq...5&feature=plcp

(4) thanks from:
Advertisement
18-08-2012, 09:53   #310
Roorah

So I've been away for the last week and just after catching up on the latest news. I saw in one of nim's screenshots that he had waypoints on his screen. Is this an extra plug in? Also people mentioned automap?
18-08-2012, 11:00   #311
cidmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roorah View Post
So I've been away for the last week and just after catching up on the latest news. I saw in one of nim's screenshots that he had waypoints on his screen. Is this an extra plug in? Also people mentioned automap?
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...inimap-v32-05/
Thanks from:
18-08-2012, 13:55   #312
gavmcg92

Quote:
Originally Posted by cidmon View Post
Perfect for factions.
18-08-2012, 23:24   #313
gaynormark0

Yes, yes they have

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavmcg92 View Post
AWE have split!
I may be the culprit for that, hopefully with another faction to fix their sites on you, awe and everyone else things may come out differently ;P.
Not saying we're going to attack anyone for sure, but everyone may just wanna watch their backs its Armageddon time :
(2) thanks from:
19-08-2012, 11:44   #314
Dale Parish

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaynormark0 View Post
I may be the culprit for that, hopefully with another faction to fix their sites on you, awe and everyone else things may come out differently ;P.
Not saying we're going to attack anyone for sure, but everyone may just wanna watch their backs its Armageddon time :
They uh.. have weapons of uh... mass destruction.
I think a pre-emptive strike is in order to protect the free world.

Last edited by Dale Parish; 19-08-2012 at 13:36.
19-08-2012, 12:46   #315
gaynormark0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Parish View Post
They uh.. have weapons of us... mass destruction.
I think a pre-emptive strike is in order to protect the free world.
Heh I wish you the best of luck in your raid. I'm sure there will be posts here after regardless of the outcome
(2) thanks from:
Thread Closed