Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

28-07-2012, 20:26   #2026
Captain Morgan

Is the new firmware people are talking about the LG8? Just a heads up to anyone who unlocked using Voodoo unlocking app this doesn't work at the moment on the latest LG8 firmware and your phone will re-lock itself if you update.
Advertisement
29-07-2012, 08:54   #2027
kenyard

ì like the newest update. the new pics when making calls and having incoming. even the new alarm going off picture are all nice.
its just aesthetically more pleasing update from what i see
29-07-2012, 10:37   #2028
fguinan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
Is the new firmware people are talking about the LG8? Just a heads up to anyone who unlocked using Voodoo unlocking app this doesn't work at the moment on the latest LG8 firmware and your phone will re-lock itself if you update.
The 3 update is firmware version XXALF6. It doesn't effect the network lock, seems to have fixed the home screen redraw delay!
29-07-2012, 10:59   #2029
Craigels

Does anyone ever have a problem with the Facebook app I can never tag anyone in posts it says content too large
29-07-2012, 11:20   #2030
TheSpecialOne

Well lads, was with a friend last night who has an S3 aswell and he was showing me how to download paid apps for free and how to run them without having got them via the market. I was just wondering do many of ye do this? and would this change in setting void my contract or anything?
Advertisement
29-07-2012, 11:27   #2031
elderlemon

Its called piracy and I doubt you'll get much help from anyone here. The apps are not expensive - why not just pay for them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpecialOne View Post
Well lads, was with a friend last night who has an S3 aswell and he was showing me how to download paid apps for free and how to run them without having got them via the market. I was just wondering do many of ye do this? and would this change in setting void my contract or anything?
29-07-2012, 12:15   #2032
TheSpecialOne

If you read my post i clearly stated he just showed me, i posted here then to get feedback on this, while i appreciate your feedback theres really no need for such a crappy response. I have paid for every app on my phone, i didn't even know until last night that you could do it any other way!
Quote:
Originally Posted by elderlemon View Post
Its called piracy and I doubt you'll get much help from anyone here. The apps are not expensive - why not just pay for them?
29-07-2012, 12:32   #2033
Cyrus

Quote:
If you read my post i clearly stated he just showed me, i posted here then to get feedback on this, while i appreciate your feedback theres really no need for such a crappy response. I have paid for every app on my phone, i didn't even know until last night that you could do it any other way!
Quote:
Originally Posted by elderlemon View Post
What feedback did you expect.? Obviously he is downloading illegal copies
29-07-2012, 12:34   #2034
god's toy

Quote:

Well apart from being just wrong (it's not like the apps cost the earth or anything) if the apps are not coming from the android market but some other back ally one then I would be very carful. That is how many people got infected phones... Just something to consider.
Advertisement
29-07-2012, 18:54   #2035
Craigels

If you think there is a bit of lag try Settings-> developer options-> and Window animation scale and Transition Animation scale -> change both of those to 0.5x (or 0 for both, for instant reactions). The phone now runs like the beast it was born to be.

I think it makes a huge difference
31-07-2012, 11:43   #2036
Owwmykneecap

Hi guys I'm guessing most of you have 64 GB micro sd cards? If so where did you find was the best place to get them from that ships to Ireland?
31-07-2012, 11:45   #2037
wirelessdude01

Any word on the launch of the 32GB S3?
31-07-2012, 17:44   #2038
opti76

looking to get a 32g micro sd for this.. what class card its the best .. and where online is reputable??? cheers.
31-07-2012, 17:48   #2039
PogMoThoin
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by opti76 View Post
looking to get a 32g micro sd for this.. what class card its the best .. and where online is reputable??? cheers.
CL10 is what you need
http://www.memoryc.com/flashmemoryca...croSDHC&page=0
31-07-2012, 17:52   #2040
elderlemon

got my class 10 from mymemory for €14 , delivered in about 5 days. Not bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by opti76 View Post

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion