Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia N900

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭podge018

no, using Opera on my N95 I can set the image quality to load up as low, medium or high, obviously the low quality uses less data.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Ah, but doesn't Opera pass all of your requested data through Opera transformation servers before it gets to your phone?

I have no idea what that means, all I know is it's less data intensive to set the image quality to low.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

Hey guys, really liking the look of this phone and am thinking of picking one up.

Will it be coming out on vodafone pay as you go? If not, anywhere online that people would recommend to buy from?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

toiletduck wrote: »
    Hey guys, really liking the look of this phone and am thinking of picking one up.

Will it be coming out on vodafone pay as you go? If not, anywhere online that people would recommend to buy from?

Vodafone have it on bill pay, so maybe they have it on prepay. o2 have it on prepay for €469 and a few people here have mentioned that theirs is unlocked so that may be an option. If your going with o2 buy it in the store not on-line. If anything goes wrong it's a lot less hassle when going through the store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 nutterguy

Anyone know where I can get a hands on of an N900 in Cork?
    I tried Vodafone but they only sell online and don't have any in store.
    Ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Domscard

I've just ordered the N900 from O2 (prepay) :) I used the code mentioned earlier in this thread [O2COUPON] and got it for €422.10 - as far as I can see, this is valid until the end of March.
    As I'm currently with Vodafone, I'm really hoping that it isn't locked to O2 but I'll live with it if it is :) It can't be obtained on Vodafone (yet anyway) except for Pay Monthly and I don't use a mobile enough for that. I really want it for the browsing capability on Wifi, the camera and the music. I've been drooling over this thread for months now so I can't wait to see it in reality.
    It was ordered yesterday, so I'm hoping I'll have it by tomorrow - impatience is a terrible thing :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Domscard wrote: »
    I really want it for the browsing capability on Wifi, the camera and the music.

Then you've chosen the perfect phone I reckon!
    It was ordered yesterday, so I'm hoping I'll have it by tomorrow - impatience is a terrible thing :o

I waited patiently for weeks before placing the order but as soon as I hit 'submit' on the order I was like a kid on Christmas Eve.

Stee wrote: »

I waited patiently for weeks before placing the order but as soon as I hit 'submit' on the order I was like a kid on Christmas Eve.

That about sums it up for me - hope Santa won't disappoint! :D I dithered for a LONG time (as in months) before pressing submit on the order. I paid less for my laptop so that amount on a phone has the other half going :eek:

can anybody recommend a good case/cover? Can't find any in the shops in Dublin city.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

I was really impressed with the phone this evening when it was able to stream the match live on rte player better than my laptop does. Too bad about sky player though.

Is it possible to move the shortcut button in the top left corner to the right hand corner? It would be so much more convenient when using it with one hand.

Btw when I go into Settings - Personalisation - Profile. All I have is the option of changing the ring tone, maybe I am going crazy but last week I was able to change all the tones under this menu. Any ideas?

by shortcut mean the menu key? No you cant move it, at least not with the current firmware.

for the rest of the tones settings, scroll down past the ringtone setting!

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭boc121

Anyone know the story with getting more angry birds??
    Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Dont think Ovi is going to bring back the new levels any time soon but if you head over to meamo.org and serch for angry birds yoll find people loading up home made levels for the game.

edit. here is a link http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=42999

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

podge018 wrote: »
    can anybody recommend a good case/cover? Can't find any in the shops in Dublin city.

I use a blackberry holster type case that has elasticated sides. It does the job pretty well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

god's toy wrote: »
    Dont think Ovi is going to bring back the new levels any time soon but if you head over to meamo.org and serch for angry birds yoll find people loading up home made levels for the game.

edit. here is a link http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=42999

Is anyone having an issue with one of the downloaded levels not being passable, i.e. you kill the dudes and the game doesn't recognise that it should move to the next level. It happens on level 7 I think.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Is anyone having an issue with one of the downloaded levels not being passable, i.e. you kill the dudes and the game doesn't recognise that it should move to the next level. It happens on level 7 I think.

Yeah i downloaded levels ages ago, that that are like that, well i think it's level 21 that messes up the game on mine. In some of the custom levels, the pigs are off the map, so you can't even see them!

Finished the game about a week ago, and only just discovered that swiping up and down on the right side of the screen zooms in and out. Damn :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Finished the game about a week ago, and only just discovered that swiping up and down on the right side of the screen zooms in and out. Damn :rolleyes:

haha, yeah i managed to finish the first 21 levels without realising the grey fellas turned into three when you swiped! And without know the yellow guys sped up when you swiped!

haha, yeah i managed to finish the first 21 levels without realising the grey fellas turned into three when you swiped! And without know the yellow guys sped up when you swiped!
    what does the Red one do when you tap the screen? makes a noise from what i see.

I'm finding the extra Ovi levels harder then the stock ones but it makes it all the better when you complete them.

• Advertisement

what does the Red one do when you tap the screen? makes a noise from what i see.

I'm finding the extra Ovi levels harder then the stock ones but it makes it all the better when you complete them.

Red ones are duds, they do nothing.

Red ones are duds, they do nothing.

Ah so thats it. And I'm taping the screen like a mad thing.:rolleyes:

More fool me!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Loggie

Yeah i downloaded levels ages ago, that that are like that, well i think it's level 21 that messes up the game on mine. In some of the custom levels, the pigs are off the map, so you can't even see them!
    I downloaded those extra levels from maemo but can't remember in which one the pigs are off the screen and almost straight up. the levels just repeat after a while
    I managed to get all the levels from ovi store a few weeks ago for $4. not available anymore. have those all cleared and all 3 stars.
    Now what will I do:eek:. Suppose I'll have to start talking to the wife and kids again:D

Nephew - what program were you using to stream the RTE Player? I cant get it to work for me.

Got my N900 today from O2 and just want to confirm that it is indeed unlocked - accepted my Vodafone sim with no bother :) That was a great deal at €422.10 (with the coupon) and I'm delighted, especially with no contract hanging over me.
    Steep learning curve ahead for me now, coming from a bog standard Nokia. One thing I've found that isn't mentioned anywhere (it must be just me) is that I find the writing on screen quite small for my eyesight. I suppose new glasses will be next :o I know that I can zoom, but it's a pain scrolling to read pages that way. I know I'll get better at the scrolling with time, so I'm not complaining :)
    Thanks to all on this thread for the great input - I would have been lost without it.

Got my N900 today from O2 and just want to confirm that it is indeed unlocked - accepted my Vodafone sim with no bother :) That was a great deal at €422.10 (with the coupon) and I'm delighted, especially with no contract hanging over me.
    Steep learning curve ahead for me now, coming from a bog standard Nokia. One thing I've found that isn't mentioned anywhere (it must be just me) is that I find the writing on screen quite small for my eyesight. I suppose new glasses will be next :o I know that I can zoom, but it's a pain scrolling to read pages that way. I know I'll get better at the scrolling with time, so I'm not complaining :)
    Thanks to all on this thread for the great input - I would have been lost without it.

Hi,

was that pay as you go? I'm trying to get my wife one too and this sounds good.

Hi,

was that pay as you go? I'm trying to get my wife one too and this sounds good.

Yes, Speakeasy, or whatever they call it. Enter O2COUPON at the checkout for the 10% discount. I could hardly believe that it was unlocked at that price :) I wonder if they will keep it that way? Best get it soon to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I don't think they can lock it given it's open linux roots.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

It's locked to vodafone in the UK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭flop

Hi All,

I Just picked up my N900 on Wednesday, and I am loving it.

Is there a post/thread with a list of essential apps for this device?

Thanks
    Flop

Advertisement