Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Miseducation of Jimbo Slice

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

1) you watch way too much tv

2) who are you refering to as irelands best bencher?

1) I need some way to relax after deadlift sessions like yesterday...

2) Big Fred as already mentioned by Lu!!

I've NEVER in my life seen someone boss weights around like he does. Doesn't even look like he has to try.

You'll be happy to know, I'm considering moving closer to the basic westside template. I've been reading up alot on it and trying to break it down and keep it as simple as possible. Sort of along the lines of what Dave Hoff does (Louie posted his training cycle in his latest article on WSBB). I'll run it by ya for some suggestions!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

ya sure get me on msn...freaky your moving twoards what im moving away from... ha ha

Haha that's true. I would obviously be modifying it to my own needs.

Probably for ME lower exercises - Box squat, Pause squat, Rack Pull from mid shin and Sumo pulls wit 15kg plates. Rotate them every two weeks, train the movement in the first week (top set of 5, then some 3's and break a record in the second week). Follow it up with either regular squats/front squats or zercher squats for sets of 5. 70,73, 76 and 80% on a 4 week wave.

Heavy hamstring work (SLDL's, RDL's or convo. deadlifts) after DE squat and deadlift, probably 2-3x6, rotate every 3 weeks of so.

Whatcha think?

ill chat to ya about it over the weekend lad im way too sleep deprived to think now..........

De Franco Ab Circuit x1

Pushdowns:
    plate 4 3x12

Incline Bench:
    60kg x6
    80kg x6
    95kg 3x6 - PR

Rack Lockouts: (pin 33)
    60kg x5
    80kg x5
    100kg x5
    120kg x5

Seated Dumbbell Press:
    20kg 'bells x10
    30kg 'bells 2x10, 1x9

Pushdowns:
    Plate 8 4x10

Tricep Death:
    80kg x19 (5, 5, 5, 4)

Chest Supported Rows: (elbows high)
    80 x12
    90 x12
    100 3x12

Barbell Curls:
    20kg x10
    30kg x10
    42.5kg x10

Reverse Curls:
    32.5kg 3x10

And I was still fresh after that so I walked home from the gym. It took 30 mins. Xplode II fricking ROCKS.

I was training with someone today so I could push the incline bench a bit more. Was pretty nice and smooth. 100 should hopefully fall next week. My all time PR's 115x1. So if 100 3x6 goes down, I should be good for 125ish.

The rack lockouts were hard this week. If you don't get a good set up you're screwed. The last rep was a bit of a strain, but there's no harm in doing that every now and again. More improvements on my dumbbell press strength. I only got 10 and 7 last week. I'll go for 3x10 finally next week and then it's time to rotate anyway.

Tricep death was actually pretty cool. I remember seeing it before and figured I'd give it a lash today as a finisher. It's basically 5 reps to your chest (or one board), 5 reps to a two board, 5 reps to a 3 board and 5 reps to a 4 board in one long continuous set. The spotter just keeps changing boards while the weight's in your hands. My arms were shaking after it.

Shoulder felt a little rough again so dropped the BB curls in favour of reverse curls mid way thru.

Almost done with this training cycle now. It's got my conidtioning levels up if nothing else!!

• Advertisement

Was late getting into Hercs today cos I had to drop my dad out tothe airport so it was a bit of two part workout.

1pm-2pm in Hercs;

Box Squats: (below //)
    60kg 2x5
    80kg x3
    100kg x3
    *belt*
    120kg x3
    140kg x3
    150kg x1
    160kg x1
    170kg x1
    180kg x1
    185kg x1
    190kg x1 - Bench mark PR

Pushdowns:
    3x20

3pm - 4pm in TF:

Beltless squats:
    60kg x5
    100kg x5
    130kg x5
    150kg 4x5 - PR (1x6 was my best, coulda done 10 today, probably more)

Good mornings:
    60kg 3x12

Pulldowns Abs:
    75 4x12

Reverse Hypers:
    weightless 3x12

Well well well... went far beyond what I was expecting on the box squats for my first time ever maxing out. It was one of those workouts you just have to take because you don't know when another one like it is gonna come along. It'll be interesting to see if I can bump it up further in a few months time. 200kg would be nice.

Squats were ok, a bit tired by the end of it. Haven't really worked reversal strength hard recently but my starting strength has shot up so I imagine I'll be able to push my free squats up further over the next few months too. I'm still running outta steam up near the top, so I threw in some good mornings to target that. I'll push them up over the next few weeks and see how I get on.

For the first time ever I felt pulldown abs working, so I'll keep at them for the next while too.

Great workout.

Bench:
    60kg 2x4
    80kg x4
    100kg x4
    120kg 6x4 -PR (sets)

Close Grip Bench:
    100kg 5x5

Paused Bench:
    102.5kg x6, x5

Pushdowns:
    3x20

Last day of my current bench cycle today. I'm really happy with how it went. My absolute PR on the bench is 125x4 and that was on a really low volume cycle, that gave me 140kg so I'd say I'm definately byeond that now. Probably good for 130+ x4 fully rested, so that should give me 145kg ish. I PR'd on the incline 2 days ago and did alot of mid-range work too so to have a workout as big as today after that makes me think things are going well.

Now, just gotta start working on my speed again. I dropped all DE work for the past 8 weeks and I think I've suffered a bit because of it. My strength's much better, but speed is pretty crap. Hopefully after another 6-8 weeks of speed work and heavy assistance work 150kg will go up. I'd be stoked if I hit that by mid May or the end of April. Leaves me well on target for 160 raw, and over 200 in the shirt by year end.

Malteaser had a pretty huge day too, but I'll let her tell her own tales!!

Box Squats from yesterday:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

Hanley wrote: »
    Bench:
    60kg 2x4
    80kg x4
    100kg x4
    120kg 6x4 -PR (sets)

Close Grip Bench:
    100kg 5x5

Paused Bench:
    102.5kg x6, x5

Pushdowns:
    3x20

Last day of my current bench cycle today. I'm really happy with how it went. My absolute PR on the bench is 125x4 and that was on a really low volume cycle, that gave me 140kg so I'd say I'm definately byeond that now. Probably good for 130+ x4 fully rested, so that should give me 145kg ish. I PR'd on the incline 2 days ago and did alot of mid-range work too so to have a workout as big as today after that makes me think things are going well.

Now, just gotta start working on my speed again. I dropped all DE work for the past 8 weeks and I think I've suffered a bit because of it. My strength's much better, but speed is pretty crap. Hopefully after another 6-8 weeks of speed work and heavy assistance work 150kg will go up. I'd be stoked if I hit that by mid May or the end of April. Leaves me well on target for 160 raw, and over 200 in the shirt by year end.

Malteaser had a pretty huge day too, but I'll let her tell her own tales!!

Would ya go away out of that....There was nothing huge about it!!

I'll throw that video up on youtube for ya now in a few minutes and you can check out the speed on them again yourself!!

Thank ya. Here's the vid. It's pretty brutal tbh, but it was my 13th set at 100Kg or over yesterday so I'm happy enough I guess.

• Advertisement

Quick workout in Hercs just there. Running short on time so I'll go to TF later to get finished.

Hypers/Reverse Hypers superset:
    no weight 2x10

Box Squats: (50%)
    60kg 2x2
    80kg x2
    95kg 10x2

Conventional Deadlifts:
    60kg x3
    100kg x3
    140kg x3
    160kg x3
    180kg x3
    200kg 3x5

That's all for now. All time PR convo dead is 210x2, so I'm miles ahead of that there. I would estimate I'm good for 235-240kg atm. Best ever convo pull's 222.5kg. Not bad shape to be in 7 weeks after a competition!

Just in from my second training session of the day.

Sumos:
    60kg 2x3
    100kg x3
    120kg x3
    140kg x3
    160kg x3
    180kg x3
    190kg x3
    200kg x6 -PR

Chins:
    Bodyweight x12, 10, 7

Hammer Curls:
    17.5kg 'bells 3x15

Ummm well woops!! I did not intend pushing my sumos that hard today. I was feeling so strong on them so I decided I may as well see where they're at. I've trained them once in the last 8 or 9 weeks so with some more work on them I should be puling even more. This is VERY encouraging. 7 weeks after my last comp where I hit HUGE PR's, I'm starting to hit PR's again in training.

DE Upper.

Bench (w/ chains):
    60kg 2x3
    70kg 8x3 (4 close grip, 4 pinky on rings. Chains added approx 20kg at the top)

Dumbbell Bench:
    37.5kg 'bells 3x10

Skull Crushers:
    20kg x15
    30kg 3x15

Bent over later raises:
    15kg 'bells 3x12

Shrugs w/ pause at top:
    70kg x10
    120kg 5x10

Crosstrainer x15 mins, 201kcals burned

First day of my new training cycle today. I was 100kg on the button so I've added a bit of muscle over the past 7 weeks.

what rest period did toy tahe on the 8*3 on the bench....forgot to discuss that on msn with ya...

what rest period did toy tahe on the 8*3 on the bench....forgot to discuss that on msn with ya...

Only about 45-60 seconds!

Only about 45-60 seconds!

perfect.....i and the "ul'rs" try and have the next set completed within 60 seconds of finishing the precedine set....

perfect.....i and the "ul'rs" try and have the next set completed within 60 seconds of finishing the precedine set....

Ewww... I was playing around with my bench set up and form today so I probably wasn't rushing thru the sets as fast as I could...

yes not pleasant at all its worse when doind DE squats.... we got a jump stretch platform soon so must set it up and try some DE deadlifts!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

Just in from my second training session of the day.

Sumos:
    60kg 2x3
    100kg x3
    120kg x3
    140kg x3
    160kg x3
    180kg x3
    190kg x3
    200kg x6 -PR

Chins:
    Bodyweight x12, 10, 7

Hammer Curls:
    17.5kg 'bells 3x15

Ummm well woops!! I did not intend pushing my sumos that hard today. I was feeling so strong on them so I decided I may as well see where they're at. I've trained them once in the last 8 or 9 weeks so with some more work on them I should be puling even more. This is VERY encouraging. 7 weeks after my last comp where I hit HUGE PR's, I'm starting to hit PR's again in training.

This is just brilliant!!

When I was watching you, I was convinced that you were only using 190. Really awesome work!!

And good work on the first session of that day oh and your bench pr from the other day too!!

Jeez...mebbe slow down a bit...let others catch up!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Were you in Hercs today training? Must have missed you so, I was there too in the early afternoon.

tribulus wrote: »
    Were you in Hercs today training? Must have missed you so, I was there too in the early afternoon.

I didn't realise you were still a member!! :p

I was only in for a while, 12 til about 1.15. Are you gonna make it a habit of coming back in again??

Cheeky cnut! I have been in several times, only got in about 1:30 though. I'm back in, only on weekdays though, weekends are for running :(

Edit: I'll have to pull 80 quid of out of my ass too if I'm too stay a member come the end of April, completely broke.

Edit: I'll have to pull 80 quid of out of my ass too if I'm too stay a member come the end of April, completely broke.

See if there's any in there for me!!

I'm probably gonna train DE bench at 11/12 on Thursdays if you're up for it.

Yeah sounds good, only 3 lectures a week from April onwards :)

Yeah sounds good, only 3 lectures a week from April onwards :)

Very good, I actually meant DE squat on thursdays tho. I forgot my week's all screwed up!! The rest of the week will be something like;

Monday - ME Squat
    Wednesday - DE Bench
    Thursday - DE Squat
    Sunday - ME Bench

Walking x 35 mins (covered 2.25miles with about 10-15kg on my back)

Walking x 35 mins (covered 2.25miles with about 10-15kg on my back)

missed the bus today so lad......:D:D

missed the bus today so lad......:D:D

Haha funny guy. You won't be laughing when I get into that red Katana and bench over 2x bodyweight and total 700!!!

:pac:.........:D:D (that's what's happening you!!)

• Advertisement

I had to double up on training again today since I wont get in tomorrow due to Paddys day.

So Hercs from 12 to 1.45pm:

ME UPPER

Close Grip Bench:
    60kg x5
    80kg x5
    100kg x5
    110kg x5
    115kg x5 - PR
    120kg x4 - PR
    110kg x5

3 Board Press:
    100kg x5
    120kg x5
    135kg 3x5

Bradford Press:
    20kg x10
    40kg 3x10

T-Bar Row (weight doesnt include olympic bar, plates only):
    40kg x5
    60kg x5
    80kg 3x5

Face Pulls:
    plate 6 5x12

Nice little session. Shoulda got the 5th rep on 120 but the bar was back over my face too much. Hopefully Ill work up to over 130kg for singles next week. Top end strengths gone to the dogs but I havent trained it in a while so its to be expected. Anyway, good start to a new cycle.

3-4.30pm in Total Fitness:

ME LOWER

Sumos with 15kg plates (about 3-4 inches longer ROM):
    50kg x3
    80kg x3
    110kg x3
    140kg x3
    170kg x3
    200kg x0, x1

Pause Squats:
    60kg x5
    90kg x5
    *belt*
    110kg x5
    130kg 3x5

RDLs:
    100kg x12
    140kg 3x12

Weighted Decline Sit ups:
    10kg 3x8

Ehhh the sumos with 15s was very very hard. I was shocked. I know I was tired by that stage, but it really hit me harder than I expected. Anyway its something to work on.... The pause squats were good, took my stance out a good bit wider.

Good training, but theres alot to work on.

Advertisement