Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf IV - All Hallows' Eve - GAME OVER - Villagers Win

Options
  • 23-10-2016 1:14pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Welcome to Werewolf IV - All Hallows' Eve - on boards.ie. This is the live game thread and is for live players only.

Halloween approaches. Word spreads around the village of Transylvania that there are crazed clowns wandering around to scare people. However the clowns are the least of the villagers worries. Amongst the village folk, transformations have occurred. Demons and vampires are in their midst, all fighting to gain control of the village. Michael Myers, a disgruntled villager, also roams the streets with an aim to kill. Mike doesn't care who he kills, so villagers, vampires and demons must all watch their backs.

But it's All Hallows' Eve. Not everything is as it seems. People are in costume, making it difficult to distinguish between the genuine sharp teeth and the plastic ones from Dealz. But worse - difficult to distinguish the difference between tomato ketchup and blood.

Trick or treat, trick or treat. Give them something nice to eat.

---

Special Roles

The Exorcist (the priest)
    The exorcist learns the role of the dead.

The junior exorcist (apprentice priest)
    Becomes the exorcist of the priest is killed. The junior exorcist does not have access to the information that the exorcist learned.

Donnie Darko (the seer)
    On each turn the seer may ask a player's role, however Dracula and Lucifer do not show as evil to the seer.

Donnie Junior (the apprentice seer)
    Becomes Donnie Darko if the seer is killed. Donnie Junior does not have access to the information that the seer has learned.

The Shining
    On the first night this person will know who the seer is, however they do not learn the identity of the apprentice seer. The seer does not learn the identity of The Shining, unless of course The Shining is a seer pick.

The Witch of Salem
    If slaughtered the witch can return from the grave when the next lynch takes place, with the special role (if any) the lynched player had at the time. The witch learns their new identity, however unless the village is informed by the priest/seer, their role remains a mystery to the villagers.

Van Helsing
    Has the ability to track a person every second night, if they track a vampire, Van Helsing will track the vampire back to its lair and wipe out the entire vampire colony, but at a cost to his or her own life.

Dean Winchester
    Dean is the hero. The hero can choose one person to protect at night, but instead of the victim dying, the hero and the attacker both die. The hero can also protect against vampire conversion or demon shapeshifting and survive. If hero protects attack from demon team, Lucifer will die if he is not already dead.

Sam Winchester
    You are a villager, but you appear falsely to be evil to the Seers, if Sam is lynched Dean will also die. Sam and Dean can communicate with each other. Sam is the only player that has the choice to work for evil or good if converted or shapeshifted.

Demon team

Each night, the demon team kill somebody.

Carrie: If the Carrie is lynched they lose control and kill one person before being lynched.

Lucifer: Lucifer is a demon and the Seer sees them as a not evil.

The Thing: The Thing has to ability to sacrifice themselves to shapeshift into any player to become a part of the Demon team, but only during the night phase. This shapeshift can be blocked by hero(Dean). If The Thing tries to shapeshift into a vampire it will fail and reveal their identity to the vampires.

Vampire Team

Dracula: Every night Dracula can choose to kill or convert someone. Dracula is not seen as evil to the seer. Dracula has a one time seer check at his disposal

Converted players keep any special roles as they had before becoming vampires.

If the vampires try to convert a demon it will fail and the demons will learn one vampire identity. If vampire tries to convert Van Hesling, all vampires die along with Van Hesling.

If Dracula dies, his team of vampires can continue to kill, however they can no longer convert anybody.

Lone team

Michael Myers: The serial killer is a lone player, on their own team. As the serial killer, you can kill anyone every second night. Michaels first kill will occur on night two.

If converted by vampire or shapeshifted into by a demon , the vampire or demon team will have 2 kills for the following night.

Bonus roles

Beetlejuice: A player with the Beetlejuice role can continue to post in a game thread for two full phases after their death

Anyone can have the Beetlejuice role.

Lunatic: You are a villager until the third night, when you come to your senses and remember your real role, which will be revealed to you by the mod via PM.

Win Conditions
    The villagers win if they wipe out the three evil teams. Each of the evil teams win if they wipe out the other evil teams and reach parity with the villagers.

Note
    If required, game mods can activate speed mode which give extra kills and lynchs at the mods discretion.
    1. If you are killed, do not post in the thread again, unless of course you have a special role.
    2. Don’t cheat, it’s a game that relies heavily on the players having integrity. No PMing other players in the game, and no chat about the game outside of this game thread.
    3. Please all try to reasonably contribute to the game thread and always remember to get a vote in as a minimum. The game is too small to mod kill inactives.
    4. No posting of any PM's from the game mod or referring to the content of them.
    5. Game starts with a vampire slaughter to be revealed at 10am tomorrow morning.
    6. If you've got any questions for me send me a message.
    7. Win conditions are listed above.
    8. Don’t be a sensitive soul. While boards own forum rules clearly take precedence over any in-game rules that I have, this is a game where people will be insulted, there will be some bad language and people will try to provoke a reaction out of each other. Please accept this is part of the game and don’t go annoying the mods with the report post button unless really needed. Reported posts will be dealt with by sullivlo and degrassinoel
    9. If someone misses 2 votes in a row without a good reason they will be modkilled by me and replaced with a substitute.
    10. DO NOT EVER EDIT A POST. IF YOU HIT THE POST REPLY BUTTON THEN LIVE WITH IT. YELLOW CARDS AND RED CARDS WILL BE HANDED OUT TO PLAYERS WHO EDIT POSTS. SIMILARLY, DO NOT EVER DELETE A POST.
      Forum mods have the ability to see previous versions of posts and deleted posts.
    11. Do not share your vote form password to anyone else. All votes for the lynch have to be made by yourself.
    12. Have fun, make meme’s, take the piss and try to enjoy the game.

I may have left out some rules and if anything comes up in the game I’ll answer any PM’s and on some occasions I may even post rule clarifications in the thread.

Lynch Form
    https://goo.gl/forms/Q8cqb7GYYtvBHLrz1

Roster
    1. quickbeam
    2. mahamageehad
    3. MicksJaguar
    4. A neurotic
    5. tritium
    6. y0ssar1an22
    7. Uriel.
    8. The_Valeyard
    9. gufc21
    10. Digital Solitude
    11. Tigger
    12. Maximus Alexander
    13. Mollyb60
    14. partyjungle
    15. dottie_lottie
    16. Stoogie
    17. Barney92
    18. cee_jay
    19. Xaracatz
    20. Nopeare
    21. MrsFlushdraw
    22. The Dazzler
    23. Shane.C
    24. Chagan
    25. Crosstownk

Rule clarifications
    Will be updated as required.
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mark on

Comments

Im suspicious of any early posters.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Just when you think the rules can't get any more complicated! :D:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

ihavenoideawhatshapening

• Registered Users Posts: 7,437 ✭✭✭tritium

Woo hoo, we're underway!

Seriously going to have to study those rules, this one is complicated!

tritium wrote: »
    Woo hoo, we're underway!

Seriously going to have to study those rules, this one is complicated!

your think?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Tigger wrote: »
    ihavenoideawhatshapening

That makes 2 of us :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Can we delay the start until next week, please?

I need time to study all this. :D

It's like a leaving cert syllabus.

Its the mods i feel sorry for, so many questions coming their way :pac:

cee_jay wrote: »
    That makes 2 of us :D

3 of us

3 of us

All of us!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Oh my! some interesting but confusing roles/rules.

Good luck village, we are going to need it!

ok so the hero dies if they protect sucessfully but if they protect the kill a baddies and there are onlt 4 baddies
    on that basis i'm hoping that the Hero would plesae protect me thanks very much as i feel i moght be a likley target
    innfact i'd point out to the baddies that while it would be hillarious to killme o the first noght it could back fire on them as they will loses a playr

Trigger is Michael Myers:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

So, before I even delve into trying to understand all the rules, let's focus on the first kills.

So presumably we can potentially lose 2 people tonight.
    The Demons kill 1 and the vampires kill (or convert) 1.
    What happens if they target the same person and the demons want to kill but the vampires want to convert? What incentive is there for the vampires to kill someone, surely it makes more sense to keep converting and infest the village?

On the apprentices, do they know who the other is? I.e. does the apprentice priest know who the priest is?

I don't get the shapeshifting thing, is that also like converting them?

On the lunatic, when they remember their role, will it be one of the roles already outlined in the OP or will it be a different role?

On the witch, if murdered she comes back after the next lynch. Presumably that's only if she's murdered by demons/vampires and not if she's lynched? Also, let's just say the witch is killed, then I'm lynched (simple villager). She rejoins the game (as a simple villager) but obviously as she has rejoined everyone knows she's a witch right?

I probably have 400 more questions but that's what jumped out at me first!

ok a few thinks fromthe rules
    1 the exorcist will know each person as they die and can tellus when thy feel it suits, however they should not tell if the hero or van hel or any other player that the baddies will be nervous about as there is no advantage to us knowing they are dead but a big advantage to the baddies

b dracula is a tribble and he needs to be gone because by thursday there could be 5 vamps which is not only a lot opf vamps but its a serious voting block

III tyhe thing has to die and then aqnother player joins the demon team? he or she willonly do this to catch the seer or the exorcist or soemthing good so i don't think thats gonna happen early but when it does the seer or exorcist will go from real to a demon, also dracula can just convert any person who comes out as something interesting and we wont know. fcuk should we have loads of villagers pretending to be roles to cionfuse him?

Trigger is Michael Myers:

ok well if i see a Trigger i'll vote for him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Sure I can't play!! No werewolves!

Sure I can't play!! No werewolves!

:D

So, before I even delve into trying to understand all the rules, let's focus on the first kills.

So presumably we can potentially lose 2 people tonight.
    The Demons kill 1 and the vampires kill (or convert) 1.
    What happens if they target the same person and the demons want to kill but the vampires want to convert? What incentive is there for the vampires to kill someone, surely it makes more sense to keep converting and infest the village?

On the apprentices, do they know who the other is? I.e. does the apprentice priest know who the priest is?

I don't get the shapeshifting thing, is that also like converting them?

On the lunatic, when they remember their role, will it be one of the roles already outlined in the OP or will it be a different role?

On the witch, if murdered she comes back after the next lynch. Presumably that's only if she's murdered by demons/vampires and not if she's lynched? Also, let's just say the witch is killed, then I'm lynched (simple villager). She rejoins the game (as a simple villager) but obviously as she has rejoined everyone knows she's a witch right?

I probably have 400 more questions but that's what jumped out at me first!
    everyone knows she was the witch she becomes a confir med villager
    thing is confirmed villagers are normally awesome aas tyou can trust them but in this game drac will just convert them safe knowing they are not Van heilsing and the village will thing they are innocent
    so the more innocent we think someone is the more likley they are a vamp

this is awesome

• Advertisement

on the lynchi9ng i propose we race to lowest two or three post counts
    what do poeopple thik about that idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Stoogie

Acually a good idea.

The first lynch is always a messy one. No theories so any system is just as good no system.

everyone knows she was the witch she becomes a confir med villager
    thing is confirmed villagers are normally awesome aas tyou can trust them but in this game drac will just convert them safe knowing they are not Van heilsing and the village will thing they are innocent
    so the more innocent we think someone is the more likley they are a vamp

this is awesome

In which case after a few days van helsing becomes our key role id assume?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Confused.com

This is way more complex than the last game

In which case after a few days van helsing becomes our key role id assume?
    yeah van heilsing is the most importantif he catches one vamp he gets them all
    don't forget that the demons will approve of that in fact thats the one position that the thing would be worth dying to convert

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Its the mods i feel sorry for, so many questions coming their way :pac:

Me too :PAC:

Bear with me whilst I compose responses. Also those with special roles should now have access to their forum on http://changeofplangames. com/wwforum/index.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Stoogie

VH is dracula's kryptonite.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Confused.com

This is way more complex than the last game

This is my first ever game, thought the only way to learn was to play. There is a lot of confusion now, I think I have read the opening post 4 times already!

• Advertisement

cee_jay wrote: »
    This is my first ever game, thought the only way to learn was to play. There is a lot of confusion now, I think I have read the opening post 4 times already!

i'll explain it to you , whaats your role?

Advertisement