Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

X Factor USA (2011)

12345679»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I cannot stand him. Ugh. And that last song of his he performed was shite. It was the same single lyric repeated over and over.

What's not likeable about him? He's not arrogant, he knows how lucky he is and he seems pretty grateful. I don't see what's not to like.

Also, I thought the song was pretty good. Simple, but that's never been a bad thing. I could see it getting a lot of radio play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

What's not likeable about him? He's not arrogant, he knows how lucky he is and he seems pretty grateful. I don't see what's not to like.

Also, I thought the song was pretty good. Simple, but that's never been a bad thing. I could see it getting a lot of radio play.

I don't think he's arrogant but he doesn't have the 'likability' factor for me. As I said before, nothing wrong with the guy per se, just nothing special about him.

If it's R&B you think he'll do then that makes it worse. That genre is not in a good place right now IMO. I think he'll struggle to find a niche. But if he does then fair play. Music certainly isn't just for the best singers/dancer/writers anymore.

Melanie for me will be a typical female power singer. She might surprise people and become as successful as Kelly Clarkson. Hard to know.

Josh has an incredible voice. He can play instruments and write songs as far as I can remember, so if that's what you're judging it on then he trumps Chris. I think he'll do well outside this show. Kinda hope he doesn't win so he might have more say in his direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

What is? He gives me the creeps, if I'm honest.

Where do we go from here?

My answer: HOME!

What is? He gives me the creeps, if I'm honest.

Why? Cos he's a recovered drug addict? I don't get what you're saying.

My answer: HOME!

Well, that's clever..

I don't get what you're saying.

Why are you trying to analyse it? You don't get what I don't like, and I don't get what you do like. Why not leave it at that :confused:
    Well, that's clever..
    Well I know you're not talking about his song.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Steve Jones has reportedly been axed as host of The X Factor USA.

Insiders claim that only a "miracle" will save the Welsh presenter from being dismissed from the Fox contest, a prospect that is said to have "devastated" the 34-year-old.

Read the above on a bank screen this morning and went on the net to later check!

More here: http://www.digitalspy.ie/ustv/s141/the-x-factor-us/news/a356781/steve-jones-to-be-axed-from-the-x-factor-usa.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I never like to see someone fired. But, then again, I never like Steve Jones when he's on my screen during X Factor. And the latter wins out so good news on balance! :)

Steve Jones has reportedly been axed as host of The X Factor USA.

Insiders claim that only a "miracle" will save the Welsh presenter from being dismissed from the Fox contest, a prospect that is said to have "devastated" the 34-year-old.

Does he honestly, honestly think he did a good job? Honestly? I've never seen someone more stiff, awkward, cringeworthy and just plain bad.

Personally, I'm delighted! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,485 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Justin Bieber, Pitbull, and Ne-Yo will all perform on Thursday night’s finale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Does he honestly, honestly think he did a good job? Honestly? I've never seen someone more stiff, awkward, cringeworthy and just plain bad.

Personally, I'm delighted! :)

Was well out of his depth I hope Dermot stays on the UK version though.. Enrique would be a good US host I feel I remember he was in the mix.

Nicole has to go too.

• Advertisement

cgpg5 wrote: »
    Nicole has to go too.
    I'd say Simon already has her whatever-is-the-US-equivalent-of-a-P45 ready and waiting.

cgpg5 wrote: »
    Was well out of his depth I hope Dermot stays on the UK version though.. Enrique would be a good US host I feel I remember he was in the mix.

Nicole has to go too.

I prefer Nicole to Paula myself

Simon wants Kelly Rowland for the US show after her "success" on the UK show :rolleyes::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I prefer Nicole to Paula myself

Simon wants Kelly Rowland for the US show after her "success" on the UK show :rolleyes::confused:

The US audience will love the southern drawl. On the UK version it's just irritating.

She wasn't as bad as Gary in all fairness.

Avril Lavigne, Alanis Morissette and R Kelly
    for the duets - that is a pretty bad line up for duets imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Avril Lavigne, Alanis Morissette and R Kelly
    for the duets - that is a pretty bad line up for duets imo

Josh is singing one of my all time favourite songs with
    Alanis Morrisette
    - so I'm happy:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

So what's everyones predictions on who is going to win tonight?

I really really want Chris Rene to win!! Hope he pulls it out of the bag tonight!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Next years X Factor USA will be way better without Steve Jones.

I wonder will the winner be releasing songs in the UK?

Ugh. What a letdown with the result. Out of the final 6, it's not inconceivable to say she'll sell the least amount of records. But she has a helluva sob story...

The two final shows were great though: Justin Bieber, Stevie F'n Wonder, Ne-Yo, Pitbull, 50 Cent, R Kelly, Alanis Morissette and Avril Lavigne. I loved how they gave Astro, Drew and Marcus the rub in the final too. Plus the little inserts were even entertaining. Just goes to show how well the format works when the talent is there to back it up.

Raging!! I actually watch this on TV3 so shouldn't know the result but my curiosity got the better of me!!

Actually so annoyed. When will X Factor become a proper show for picking super stars and not just one song pony's!!!

EDIT: After watching the actual show, oh my god. They ruined poor Chris with that pathetic excuse of a singer, Avril Lavigne. They are not suited as a duet AT ALL. That is what lost it for Chris i'd say, like how could they put HER with him!!

Fix-factor all over again!!

• Advertisement

I didn't watch it (went out and got drunk instead :D), but heard Melanie won. Not that surprising, but not a worthy winner in my opinion. No charisma and a very generic style with no originality whatsoever. Don't see her selling records at all. There's simply nothing there that's remotely resembling star quality. She has a good voice technically, but that's about it, and it's a voice that we hear time and again coming out of these shows. There's no distinctive quality.

The duets sounded terrible too. Chris Rene and Avril Lavigne?? Really? What were they thinking? Those two are not even anywhere approaching the same music style. Could that not have gotten in some r n' b star, or maybe someone like Stevie Wonder who loved his 'Young Homie' song? Would have made more sense. Also, Alanis Morissette and R. Kelly?? Morissette is well passed it, and while R. Kelly has had his moments in the past, I haven't heard decent output from him in years.

This suits Simon Cowell down to the ground though, he wants to be seen as picking the winner of his own show in the first season.

That all said, I think it's obvious that Astro is going to be the true winner from all this. He's a little star.

Chris Rene should release his single Young Homie asap if he can, I agree putting him with Avril L was a big mistake surely LA Reid could have got a better act for him to duet with

What was Melanie's winning single?

Just seen Astro is featured in Chery Lloyd's new single

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

Out of the last 3 Chris should have won. Still can't believe he didn't.

Out of the last 3 Chris should have won. Still can't believe he didn't.
    Still can't believe he got to the last three.

Nicole Scherzinger, Paula Abdul and Steve Jones not returning for
    Season 2

• Advertisement

Season 2

Thank god.

They were all awful!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I'm not surprised at Nicole or Steve, I am surprised at Paula though. Her and Simon go way back and make a good team, I'll be shocked if she's not back and until the line-up is confirmed I'm just going to think all the rumours about her not being asked back are false and/or a publicity stunt!

Season 2
    Nothing surprising there, really.

I've never been happy to see someone fired...until now.

leggo wrote: »
    I've never been happy to see someone fired...until now.
    So long now, Mr Jones!

• Advertisement

I'm not surprised at Nicole or Steve, I am surprised at Paula though. Her and Simon go way back and make a good team, I'll be shocked if she's not back and until the line-up is confirmed I'm just going to think all the rumours about her not being asked back are false and/or a publicity stunt!

Paula confirms she is leaving

Simone Battle has died at the age of 25, she competed on the in 2011, auditioning for the judges with the Pussycat Dolls song "When I Grow Up." She was mentored by Simon Cowell and was eliminated from the show in the first week - RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Jesus, I think I remember her. She was incredibly fame hungry iirc, so sad that it ended this way.

Advertisement