Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

*********Motors Chat - Round 10 *********

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I'll sponsor you Polan :D I mean a car with AutoSport plastered all over it is gonna be the business :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Hi lads, I've got a question about my new 106. Now it's running perfectly with plenty of power, but what are yer opinions on the induction kit:

engine.png

Wouldn't it be taking in very hot air where it is and reducing performance? Should I try and source an original intake kit?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭CIP4

shietpilot wrote: »
    Another stupid person who cannot handle their responsibilities as a driver looking for someone to blame ruining it for everyone else :mad:

Definitely, it was in France not Ireland. Sure no one expects the range reading to be gospel but it would be nice to have when the lights on. Doesn't really matter much when the tank is full and it's reading over 1k km to empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Ciano35 wrote: »
    Hi lads, I've got a question about my new 106. Now it's running perfectly with plenty of power, but what are yer opinions on the induction kit:

engine.png

Wouldn't it be taking in very hot air where it is and reducing performance? Should I try and source an original intake kit?

Possibly

Would you just not get a pipe that brings the kit to just behind the bumper?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

job seeker wrote: »
    Possibly

Would you just not get a pipe that brings the kit to just behind the bumper?

Yeah I was thinking that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

polan wrote: »
    CKm24uj.jpg
    Uz03LyP.jpg

I really want to take part in Gumball 3000 at some stage.. got my car design ready!

"Polan cannot into Gumball".

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

That popped up in my suggestions as well. Watched it last night despite having seen it before. Interesting video.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

I'm sold on RedX. Through a bottle through the C5 when I bought it and it was definitely more responsive. Not by much, but it was noticeable all the same.

• Advertisement

GvidoR wrote: »
    That popped up in my suggestions as well. Watched it last night despite having seen it before. Interesting video.

Haha me too, I watched it before he posted it :D

I was honestly surprised they were able to get that much power back! Would the manufacturer quoted power be measured at the crank or the wheels? I'm assuming the dyno is showing WHP or is it converted back to BHP with a 15%~ power loss for the drivetrain?
    Mycroft H wrote: »
    I'm sold on RedX. Through a bottle through the C5 when I bought it and it was definitely more responsive. Not by much, but it was noticeable all the same.

I've looked into but I wouldn't use it unless I really needed it. As they say - if it's not broke, don't fix it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

shietpilot wrote: »
    Haha me too, I watched it before he posted it :D

I was honestly surprised they were able to get that much power back! Would the manufacturer quoted power be measured at the crank or the wheels? I'm assuming the dyno is showing WHP or is it converted back to BHP with a 15%~ power loss for the drivetrain?...

Dynos measure torque at the wheels and convert that to BHP via a mathematical formula and the electrickery. Manufacturers tend to quote engine output at the flywheel, i.e. the crank.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

jimgoose wrote: »
    Dynos measure torque at the wheels and convert that to BHP via a mathematical formula....

To elaborate slightly: all BHP figures are "calculated", as in derived from measured torque, be it at a dyno roller or a crankshaft brake. SAE BHP==(torque * RPM)/5252.11. For DIN PS/Metric HP, change 5252.11 to 5180.49.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Was the guy losing his mind in Cork at the traffic lights any of ye today?

Upon seeing my car he was waving, pointing it out to friends etc.

Didn't recognise you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

YbFocus wrote: »

He recognized you as a non Corkonian and lost his marbles at the thought people could exist outside Cark, bai :P

Sure if there's no sh*te on the window you can be sure it wasn't fancy pigeon :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

He recognized you as a non Corkonian and lost his marbles at the thought people could exist outside Cark, bai :P

Everyone knows there are 2 geographical locations in the entire world......

'Cork' and

'Not Cork' :D

Ha ha ha lads :)

I don't know he either knew the car or me, it wasn't on fire etc so it wasn't something like that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭mhackett102

What kind of car were they in?

What kind of car were they in?

Sorry he was walking, I was at the front of the queue at lights near Mahon point shopping centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭mhackett102

Sorry he was walking, I was at the front of the queue at lights near Mahon point shopping centre.

Ah I thought we could try narrow it down :pac:

Ah I thought we could try narrow it down :pac:

If he was in a car I'd have a decent idea :)
    Just interested in seeing who it was!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

what kind of shoes had he on and we can narrow it down

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

If he was in a car I'd have a decent idea :)
    Just interested in seeing who it was!

Well it wasn't me, I'd be more likely to give you the fingers tbh :pac:

Actually it was power pants i bet! Nobody likes me more :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,404 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Was he slipping all over the footpath? I heard he has plastic soles - swears they're as good as rubber but I dunno...

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Was he slipping all over the footpath? I heard he has plastic soles - swears they're as good as rubber but I dunno...

oLhqfOt.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 73,404 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I have put a forum request in for car insurance, thread here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057593632

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Have been told that my v6 needs replacing of both front and rear crank seals. The front one on them apparently isn't too bad since its chain driven but the rear is a box out job and on a mondeo we all know what's involved there. I planned on keeping it but not so sure now.

What to do...what to do....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Get a price for the job and then decide if you want to go ahead or not. It is a nice car though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement