Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Innocence & Experience Tour 2015 (Dublin and Belfast gigs confirmed, post #275)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭kennyu272

Wooderson wrote: »
    Fair enough. Above poster said that "everyone" was. That's not correct.
    I was asked for ID before my card wouldn't scan.Everybody around me at the west entrance had Id checked too.A lot of people I knew who entered through the east entrance experienced the same thing with ID being checked.The same people were there Friday night and ID was checked also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Wooderson

kennyu272 wrote: »
    I was asked for ID before my card wouldn't scan.Everybody around me at the west entrance had Id checked too.A lot of people I knew who entered through the east entrance experienced the same thing with ID being checked.The same people were there Friday night and ID was checked also.

Ace. Lots of people weren't checked howevvs. We took a look at the long queue on the West Side, then ambled around to the East and went straight in once card scanned game ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,794 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

This time 2 weeks I'll be in my seat hopefully in the 3arena. Seeing motley crue last week was 1 dream come true , 2 weeks will be another dream come true

Hope to hear desire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭6am7f9zxrsjvnb

Hate to dredge this 'ol can of worms up again, but.......
    Rang Ticketmaster again due to anxiety over my wife's credit card not matching my ID and the girl on the phone simply changed the tickets to my Visa card.

Checked her account and sure enough my name and the last 4 digits of my card were on the screen.
    My wife did have to give her verbal assent over the phone though.I'd suggest anyone in my boat does the same as I've received conflicting information regarding the enforcement of photo ID for the Dublin gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,311 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Hate to dredge this 'ol can of worms up again, but.......
    Rang Ticketmaster again due to anxiety over my wife's credit card not matching my ID and the girl on the phone simply changed the tickets to my Visa card.

Checked her account and sure enough my name and the last 4 digits of my card were on the screen.
    My wife did have to give her verbal assent over the phone though.I'd suggest anyone in my boat does the same as I've received conflicting information regarding the enforcement of photo ID for the Dublin gigs.

Good shout on contacting Ticketmaster, it's the best course of action and happy days they sorted it for you.

The biggest problem with the ID situation is that every second person is speaking as if it's gospel that they wont request ID because either (a) why would they bother? (b) they remember from some gig back in the day that ID wasn't requested (c) its unworkable or (c) they heard from someone else that it wont be requested.

Put simply, everyone who is in general admission standing (paperless tickets) should bring ID to match the name on the credit card or ring ticketmaster to arrange something like SheaP did if a different credit card was used. If they don't, and get refused then they only have themselves to blame.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Good shout on contacting Ticketmaster, it's the best course of action and happy days they sorted it for you.

The biggest problem with the ID situation is that every second person is speaking as if it's gospel that they wont request ID because either (a) why would they bother? (b) they remember from some gig back in the day that ID wasn't requested (c) its unworkable or (c) they heard from someone else that it wont be requested.

Put simply, everyone who is in general admission standing (paperless tickets) should bring ID to match the name on the credit card or ring ticketmaster to arrange something like SheaP did if a different credit card was used. If they don't, and get refused then they only have themselves to blame.

But Lord knows they'd find someone else to blame!! Poor Joe Duffy would have an awful time of it the morning after...

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭weadick

Talk of the lads (or just Bono) turning up in Cork today? Remember the April fools joke of a few years ago when they got a tribute band to play on top of a building in Blackpool?!

weadick wrote: »
    Talk of the lads (or just Bono) turning up in Cork today? Remember the April fools joke of a few years ago when they got a tribute band to play on top of a building in Blackpool?!
    there playing in paris tonight so i dont think its true ???

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭weadick

PTH2009 wrote: »
    there playing in paris tonight so i dont think its true ???

Ah well, just have to wait for the Centre of Mediocrity to be opened in 2017 or whenever it is so.

weadick wrote: »
    Ah well, just have to wait for the Centre of Mediocrity to be opened in 2017 or whenever it is so.

Nailed on to the be the first concert there. They mite take 2016 off and then tour stadiums in 2017. It will be hard to see a 2016 u2 outdoor tour unless there working on it behind the scenes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Getting closer to the gigs in Dublin and I still dont have tickets, driving me insane trying to get my hands on a couple of them. Looks like I will be sat at home ! So jealous of everyone going.But the hunt goes on , I wont give up just yet !

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭alan123

i have two Friday tickets but I need to go on sat! Anyone have sat tickets for swap? Block P.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

andrew1977 wrote: »
    Getting closer to the gigs in Dublin and I still dont have tickets, driving me insane trying to get my hands on a couple of them. Looks like I will be sat at home ! So jealous of everyone going.But the hunt goes on , I wont give up just yet !

i understand that you want to see them in dublin but wouldn't seeing them in belfast be better than sitting them at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tritriagain

donegal. wrote: »
    i understand that you want to see them in dublin but wouldn't seeing them in belfast be better than sitting them at home.
    Exactly. Yes its always nice to see them in Dublin but I have seen them away a few times and all were equally brilliant. U2 are not the type of band or people who do not put their all into a show. Are some shows better than others.. Of course but that doesn't make the others bad shows. If I hadn't spent so much already iid be going to Belfast as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Sheog

I can't wait to see the show personally. I've always wanted to see them play somewhere other than Croke Park, but I've never had the funds to go abroad. (Terrible venue for gigs IMO) I've deliberately avoided checking out anything on line in terms of set lists and special effects. Don't want to ruin it :)

Sheog wrote: »
    I can't wait to see the show personally. I've always wanted to see them play somewhere other than Croke Park, but I've never had the funds to go abroad. (Terrible venue for gigs IMO) I've deliberately avoided checking out anything on line in terms of set lists and special effects. Don't want to ruin it :)

Don't watch the Paris show live on hbo on the 15th. Visually u2 shows are brilliant and by the looks of it they spare no expense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Is that only on HBO in the US? Sky showing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭mrk75

More tickets for Belfast and Dublin may be made available according to article on Hot Press from interview with Edge.

Sorry, can't post url due to being a new user....

They've released extra for pretty much all gigs to stop touting. Also the Dublin gigs might get even more standing once the stage is setup and finalized.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 summer02

mrk75 wrote: »
    More tickets for Belfast and Dublin may be made available according to article on Hot Press from interview with Edge.

Sorry, can't post url due to being a new user....

That would be so great. Fingers crossed..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Is that only on HBO in the US? Sky showing it?

It's not being shown live as it happens so probably will be HBO only

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

donegal. wrote: »

Yeah thats very true, unfortunately due to work situation and money getting up to Belfast not an option this time round.I hoped to bring my teenage son

I shall be keeping my eyes peeled for more Dublin tickets to be released, but I guess half the clountry will also !

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭ts_editor

They've released extra for pretty much all gigs to stop touting. Also the Dublin gigs might get even more standing once the stage is setup and finalized.
    That was my thinking from the beginning. The only problem being all the hangers-on and B-list celebs, that will come out of the woodwork for these 'hometown' shows, may limit how many tickets are released to regular punters.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,829 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Anyone seen the Song for Someone video that U2 released on Facebook?

Pure class.

You have to watch it on your phone and as you move it around, the picture moves with you as if you were there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Seve OB wrote: »

Pure class.

You have to watch it on your phone and as you move it around, the picture moves with you as if you were there

Any chance of a link for those of us not on facecunt?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Seve OB wrote: »

Pure class.

Thanks for the heads up, just saw it, really amazing, complete 360.
    I watched it in my laptop so I had to drag it around, I guess on the phone will be even more impressive.

For those not having facebook, the U2 page below.

https://www.facebook.com/u2/?fref=nf

• Registered Users Posts: 15,829 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    Any chance of a link for those of us not on facecunt?

I think you will need some kind of app to view it. wont play from my desktop.

http://radio.com/2015/11/12/u2-360-song-for-someone-video/

At first, I was looking at it for ages, and just saw feet and stuff, was singing along, but got bored with the video and turned it off!!!!

This works in the browser(chrome)

https://www.facebook.com/u2/videos/vb.5678046685/10154299145216686/?type=2&theatre

Unbelievable technology. Foals released a similar video lately but this is executed 1 million times better. Amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,533 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Posted on Ticketmaster Twitter page today
    Limited and final production release of ticket holds for @U2 tour Belfast shows #U2ieTour. Available at Ticketmaster Outlets and Online now

Lots of tickets available in numerous price categories .
    Looks like some of the seats have been marked down in price,some good lower level seats for £60 now .

Advertisement