Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Day three of the study regime. I think I'm dying a little inside and clearly everyone else is too. You know things are bad when college students are actually starting their day's study at 9am every morning. The good news is I have to put up with this for another 6 weeks. 6 weeks filled with hardship and pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

Finished my Irish oral!!! It went so well, I couldn't be happier!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

It seems like practically everybody I know's exams finish at least two weeks before mine. I am not impressed, as of ten minutes ago I have no nice food left and I've noticed I really need to stop complaining :/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Instead of passing my exams I've decided to start watching Game of Thrones. Help

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

I hate this time of year. rent searching is horrible. Please please pick me i love your apartment. Sorry the room is gone.. NOOOOO!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Trying to get a job for the summer...sigh :(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Jhcx wrote: »
    I hate this time of year. rent searching is horrible. Please please pick me i love your apartment. Sorry the room is gone.. NOOOOO!

Females only, soz.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

That for college next year?

pajor wrote: »
    That for college next year?

Na starting work for the summer. Hopefully it's more permanent this time.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Females only, soz.

In saying that I applied to a female only place and moved in last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Well my exams start tomorrow and not Wednesday as I originally thought

Well Im fúcked.

Heres an idea. Because we all come here during times of stress, or exams or shi(r)t life and with so many high numbers of suicide. I think we should lock this for 2-4weeks and promote Positivity. There is so much negativity that few have a positive outlook on the negativity that is about to smack them in the face. Best time would be around exam times but this is used as a vent or relief and in order to help stay alive we need to have somewhere to scream. Just an idea though. Im as big an offender and i have nothing to be negative about i have a job im getting training in something i love, family is just being itself that will never change, i put myself under stress for not having assignments done my own problem no point in complaining about that. and i have someone to hug because hugs a fracking Awesome. I'd give you all a hug because you deserve one just for being you!

Heres an idea. Because we all come here during times of stress, or exams or shi(r)t life and with so many high numbers of suicide. I think we should lock this for 2-4weeks and promote Positivity. There is so much negativity that few have a positive outlook on the negativity that is about to smack them in the face. Best time would be around exam times but this is used as a vent or relief and in order to help stay alive we need to have somewhere to scream. Just an idea though. Im as big an offender and i have nothing to be negative about i have a job im getting training in something i love, family is just being itself that will never change, i put myself under stress for not having assignments done my own problem no point in complaining about that. and i have someone to hug because hugs a fracking Awesome. I'd give you all a hug because you deserve one just for being you!
    But where will I vent......:confused:

I know, I'm meerley a temporary fitting in this forum :rolleyes::P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

I can officially state, I have no understanding of women whatsoever.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Jhcx, I like your idea of positivity. But in my opinion - and I haven't discussed this with wnolan, so this could be deleted in a while - I think this thread is important to just get things off our chests. Plus, with exam stress it'd be doubly important to have somewhere to rant in a safe, supportive place. I think here fits the bill.

Although your idea of trying to make everywhere a little bit more positive is a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

Bold is so scary

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

LoveLamps wrote: »
    Bold is so scary

It's not really, it's just so people don't overlook it. 90-odd% of the time in this forum, bold isn't to give warnings or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

I'm stressed because I need to do well in exams but I am finding it so hard to focus

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    Jhcx, I like your idea of positivity. But in my opinion - and I haven't discussed this with wnolan, so this could be deleted in a while - I think this thread is important to just get things off our chests. Plus, with exam stress it'd be doubly important to have somewhere to rant in a safe, supportive place. I think here fits the bill.

Although your idea of trying to make everywhere a little bit more positive is a good one.

Exactly this thread is very important. It's probably the most used thread in C&H. Like if this place was to be locked permanently I'd probably be the first to complain ha ha . But as as a body we need to help support eachother . But everyone needs to be on board to promote the positivity.

I'm stressed because I need to do well in exams but I am finding it so hard to focus

Gurl it like you just get me. :p

• Advertisement

Exactly this thread is very important. It's probably the most used thread in C&H. Like if this place was to be locked permanently I'd probably be the first to complain ha ha . But as as a body we need to help support eachother . But everyone needs to be on board to promote the positivity.

In my opinion, closing/locking this thread wouldn't promote positivity at all. For me, having somewhere I can give out about something that's bothering me is a nice, safe, helpful thing, instead of letting it boil up in my mind and end up taking up more time/effort than it should.

By freeing our minds of the things that are weighing us down, can only leave room to appreciate the positives in our lives. A balance is important in my opinion.

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Gurl it like you just get me. :p

Stop, my exams start in two weeks today and I haven't even gotten through half of the things I need to :rolleyes:

Stop, my exams start in two weeks today and I haven't even gotten through half of the things I need to :rolleyes:

My exams start tomorrow :P

Im on the first word document of about 40 I need to get through :P

I should be panicked but feck that

Be grand :D

2 WEEKS.......Youll ace them wait and see

HugsiePie wrote: »
    My exams start tomorrow :P

Ok in fairness, I think you win tbh! Sending you best wishes for the exam!

Ok in fairness, I think you win tbh! Sending you best wishes for the exam!

Awwww shux

Thanks

My fingers shall also be crossed for you in yours :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Just to follow up on CTYI's post (I won't use bold because this is more personal than moderator-y :P).

Jhcx, I think you've a point alright, but I would never in a million years consider locking this thread, even if only for a short period of time, unless it was to descend into utter chaos and become unmanageable from a mod stand point.

I think, at least for me, this thread is an outlet for frustration. I think it can come across as if some people are being negative all the time and not seeing positives in their lives, but I don't think this is the case. I think the comradeship that exists here can act as a comfort in times of stress. (Christ, that sounds so cheesy...)

I know it has for me personally. And I won't go into more detail.

People are always more likely to come on to boards and bitch about something than they are to come on and celebrate something. That's just the nature of the beast.

So while we should remain vigilant and look out for people posting in a way which makes you worried that they may be depressed/suicidal, I don't think we should read too much into the fact that argh is more popular than yaah tbh.

Now, for the mod part:

We have discussed it a bit, and we will be making support resources and links more prominent in the forum. They'll be stickied in a thread of their own as opposed to buried in the charter and other places.

But as well as that, I hope everyone here knows that if you're going through some sh*t that's getting on top of you, you can talk to us. And I think by "us" I speak for the vast majority of posters in this forum. We're a PM away if you just want to vent stuff that you wouldn't feel comfortable posting in public. We'll help where we can and advise you of who can help if we can't.

In the past, I've received PM's from posters here when they were worried about my posting pattern. And it helped. A lot. So if you see someone posting in a way that makes you worried about them, either drop them a PM or hit the report post button and we'll (the mods) do it. Seriously, I can't stress that enough.

Sorry if that's a bit long, sort of got into a stream of conciousness thing... :P

I can officially state, I have no understanding of women whatsoever.

Agreed, if only I could read minds then all would be well :(

Agreed, if only I could read minds then all would be well :(

Seriously, I've already told you, we are NEVER, EVER getting together.

I just couldn't resist

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    Seriously, I've already told you, we are NEVER, EVER getting together.

I just couldn't resist

I am the Creeper of NUIG :D:D

Heh.

But not really, obz :cool:

• Advertisement

Totally not creeped out. TOTALLY NOT.

Advertisement