Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Golf Society 2013 outings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,818 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

It is not as simple as you think.(mean I was thinking)
    Because somebody who has played 5 only gains differential.

Someone who has played 4 gets full points.

So thinking you have x lead is not right, it is x -y if n= 5
    Something like that . Lol.

Just get out and play and let that look after itself.

Sorry Ricky. In short No. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Sorry Ricky. In short No. :)

Golfgraffix might design an app to work it out for us :P

• Registered Users Posts: 15,871 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

With 11 & 12 not playing, 13, 14, 15 & 16th can all theoretically make the team with a 1st or 2nd place finish tomorrow.

After that, the guys must win to have a chance. Down to 28th, if Reganovski wins gives him 600 and could get him in the team....... depending on results from others

I worked out top 8 are guaranteed based on above. Ie a third place finish will not move anyone from outside the team into it, so max that can move up is 2 players.

With 3putt guaranteed to add to his points total, I fancy Kiers & Fixed for a solid round each to discard their 50 & 53 points respectively and make it more difficult for the guys behind to catch....

I fancy myself for a solid performance tomorrow, 35 points.... but where will that leave me :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

stevieob wrote: »
    I fancy myself for a solid performance tomorrow, 35 points.... but where will that leave me :confused:

You have talked the talk stevie!!!!! :D

I think I am going to need to win Longest Drive and CTP tomorrow for Pete to see my potential!

ssbob wrote: »

I think I am going to need to win Longest Drive and CTP tomorrow for Pete to see my potential!

It's been ages since I shot that, but I feel my game is coming together, few 32's and 31's over last few weeks....... tomorrow is D day.

Pete, I won the LD last time out with a wedge :) How many picks for Pete? I wonder will he take a bribe, I'm sure I could get you something cool ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

you can only have one prize though!!!:P

Pete has two picks! But knowing him he's probably friends with Philip Walton or something so that's one spot gone:D

There is a fair chance that the 10 who make it will have a few dropouts aswell(hopefully not as bad as the Seve trophy) so don't be surprised to see those in position 11/12 make the automatic qualifiers.

There is a fair chance that the 10 who make it will have a few dropouts aswell(hopefully not as bad as the Seve trophy) so don't be surprised to see those in position 11/12 make the automatic qualifiers.

Hmmmmmm, now already dreaming about Ryder Jug :cool:

Hmmmmmm, now already dreaming about Ryder Jug :cool:

Last year was one of the most enjoyable days golf i've had since i started playing.

I fancy a total blow up and 41 putts. A shank like the first at Dunmury. After turning up late with no marker ball or God forbid pen.
    I will smell of drink.
    As things get worse, I'll give up hope and get an injured back trying to break the driver for LD in a last effort for a prize. When I haven't a hope now that we have A Real few Golfers in society.
    Then boring the ****e out of my playing partners about how I was good once.(When I never was)
    Then asking for a distance from a gps and laser, standing next to a splinker head holding my phone for wind direction in the Irish Sea, ill forget my score and count standing in front of green with the finger point, 1-2-3-4-shank-ob-drop.

Then in 13 place Ill miss out, storm off.

I'm so dissapointed I'm heading to pub now to drown my sorrows.

• Advertisement

I fancy a total blow up and 41 putts. A shank like the first at Dunmury. After turning up late with no marker ball or God forbid pen.
    I will smell of drink.
    As things get worse, I'll give up hope and get an injured back trying to break the driver for LD in a last effort for a prize. When I haven't a hope now that we have A Real few Golfers in society.
    Then boring the ****e out of my playing partners about how I was good once.(When I never was)
    Then asking for a distance from a gps and laser, standing next to a splinker head holding my phone for wind direction in the Irish Sea, ill forget my score and count standing in front of green with the finger point, 1-2-3-4-shank-ob-drop.

Then in 13 place Ill miss out, storm off.

I'm so dissapointed I'm heading to pub now to drown my sorrows.

PMSL

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Last year was one of the most enjoyable days golf i've had since i started playing.

probably because we won! :D

probably because we won! :D

That and cause it was matchplay!

Phew... always nice to walk the walk :D

PMSL

Sometimes humour is way too close to the truth. Almost all came through.

Well done stevie .

Ill be back next year and will win an outing. Only sure way to be in the mix. (Talk about stating the bloody obvious)

I've picked up your talk the talk.

500 pts is alot of points in GOTY.

See ye in 2014 lads .

lads, any sign of the new order of merit.... I need to see how my name looks in Pink :)

lads, any sign of the new order of merit.... I need to see how my name looks in Pink :)

Doing some work on it there now Stevie to make sure we have it fully correct as it will make a difference for Ryder Jug. Cathal/Pete will post something later on today!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Lads ,

Can any of you out of this group not make the Ryder Jug on the 26/10/13 @ The Heritage Golf Club ?

Ben1977
    Rickylovesuall
    ballyk
    Paulos53
    stevieob
    pistolpetes11
    kiers47
    charlieIRL
    scubapro
    3putt

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Oh and I forgot to post this ,

Congrats to Ben , Brilliant , what a year , no one could see past Patrick , the out of Left Field comes Ben to take the Spoils

273856.png

Lads ,

Can any of you out of this group not make the Ryder Jug on the 26/10/13 @ The Heritage Golf Club ?

Ben1977
    Rickylovesuall
    ballyk
    Paulos53
    stevieob
    pistolpetes11
    kiers47
    charlieIRL
    scubapro
    3putt

I'm there, cancel everything else... golf is much more important.....

It was a good job I won on Saturday, second would have left me outside the team!!

• Advertisement

Like Tiger Woods, I decided to limit the number of tournaments I would enter....

Unlike Tiger Woods, It backfired on me massively!

Congrats Ben :D

It was a good job I won on Saturday, second would have left me outside the team!!

You would have been in 10th postion on 655 points still ahead of FixdePitchmark!!

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭paulos53

Lads ,

Ben1977
    Rickylovesuall
    ballyk
    Paulos53
    stevieob
    pistolpetes11
    kiers47
    charlieIRL
    scubapro
    3putt

I expect to be there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

I purposely scratched the last sher Stevie just so you could take the spoils...

Ha I wish!!
    Well done dude.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭kkelliher

Oh and I forgot to post this ,

Congrats to Ben , Brilliant , what a year , no one could see past Patrick , the out of Left Field comes Ben to take the Spoils

273856.png

:rolleyes: I seem to have dropped a couple of places since Saturday, I think there may be an error on the sheet for the last event as I was showing 13th at the end of the round in the bar?

kkelliher wrote: »
    :rolleyes: I seem to have dropped a couple of places since Saturday, I think there may be an error on the sheet for the last event as I was showing 13th at the end of the round in the bar?

Hi Keith,

The bar sheet was wrong as it did not include those who had not played on Saturday, Denisoc16 and Keano are those who were not included in that sheet that you saw. We reviewed it this morning and I believe it to be fully correct now.

ssbob

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

The date was entered on the kitchen calendar when I got home on sat. She didn't give out too much as I told her I'm bring her away on a romantic night in carton!!!
    If the kids are sick this year, she'll just have to deal with it.

I hope she hasn't sign up to boards!
    Any way no golf till then, just a couple of lessons and a bit of practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

Lads, is there a minimum number of events that have to have been played to qualify for the Jug? I could only make two events but lie in 12th so a couple of dropouts could see me in if there is no minimum.

Also fair play to Ben1977 on winning GOTY.

denisoc16 wrote: »
    Lads, is there a minimum number of events that have to have been played to qualify for the Jug? I could only make two events but lie in 12th so a couple of dropouts could see me in if there is no minimum.

Also fair play to Ben1977 on winning GOTY.

Of the Top of my head , I think to win the captains prize or play in the Ryder Jug you need to play 4 rounds , originally 5 but with loosing an outing to the weather brought it back to 4

Although that does not apply to the captains pick ! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭ballyk

Lads ,

Ben1977
    Rickylovesuall
    ballyk
    Paulos53
    stevieob
    pistolpetes11
    kiers47
    charlieIRL
    scubapro
    3putt

I'll be there.

Advertisement