Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Touch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,215 ✭✭✭ongarite

Seeing a weird font sizing issue with Chrome browser for Android.
    If you are reading a thread the font size of a quoted reply and the reply to it will be smaller than a regular reply.

Chrome for Android/ICS 4.04/Galaxy Nexus

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I just noticed today that if I post something from my phone and then go on the site with my laptop, that post doesn't show my sig.
    But when I post from the laptop, my sig is always in the posts.
    Has this always been the case or is it just happening to me?

Edit; Should have mentioned, when I am using the touch site I am using iPhone 4s iOS 5.1.1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Any chance we could get a refresh/reload/get-new-posts button next to the follow & post reply buttons at the bottom of a thread? For fast moving threads its a bit of a pain trying to refresh the page and keep up with it; not sure what other mobile browsers are like but with the default android browser you have to scroll up the page a little to get the tool bar showing, click on the icon to show the menu and only then press refresh. Those 3 steps might not seem like much but when your doing it constantly its a bit annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I accidentally pressed unfollow last night in a forum and got the message to say I was unsubscribed. So I pressed follow and was told I was subscribed again but it didn't work. I had to go back to the forum and reload the page and press follow a 2nd time. It's happened before so I'm guessing it's a glitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Quick question - previously hitting 'Forums' would take me to a list of my forums (including the private ones I have access to), now it takes me to a list of every regular forum in alphabetical order, minus my private ones.

Any reason oforthe change, or is there an easy way to get the page that lists just my forums and not all x hundred?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Quick question - previously hitting 'Forums' would take me to a list of my forums (including the private ones I have access to), now it takes me to a list of every regular forum in alphabetical order, minus my private ones.

Any reason oforthe change, or is there an easy way to get the page that lists just my forums and not all x hundred?

sounds like a well known at this stage permissions bug Xavi, can you still access your private forums on the touch site?

i was able to access them on the desktop site, but not the touch site. there's a thread on it here somewhere.

found it-

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056595478?page=1#post_77927542

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

The problem for you xsiborg is that your permissions table used for the touch site was saying you had no permission to access the private forums. When Xavi6 reported his issue I checked the permissions table and found he actually had permission to view his private forums. They're related all right, but not the same problem :D

In any case, I do believe you should be able to see private forums now Xavi6 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Is it just me or when others are using the touch site does hitting the last post feature consistently bring you to the first post on some threads only. This thread for example always goes to the first posts, the same with the pets picture thread in the animals & pets forum.

Slidey wrote: »
    Is it just me or when others are using the touch site does hitting the last post feature consistently bring you to the first post on some threads only. This thread for example always goes to the first posts, the same with the pets picture thread in the animals & pets forum.
    Same thing happens to me a lot too but its usually when clicking on a link in the topic reply notification email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Paddy

Are you sure the page is actually getting to load entirely? i.e. if you leave it do it's thing for a few minutes does it eventually jump down the page?

I'm thinking that the high image count may be causing the problem. YLYL is always a pain for this reason

• Advertisement

Nope it loads on the first page. On the defender thread, for example, there is very few images but it always goes to the first page. Even if i reload the user CP and click it a second time it will go straight back to page 1

Its like that for me too, in the case of YLYL clicking on the notification link in an email will nearly always open page 1 which is from years ago while it should be jumping to the last or second last page. This happens when logged in on mobile btw.

• Subscribers Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭.BrianJM

Slight hiccup:
    I just replied on one of my threads which has notifications set to 'daily'.
    The reply reset it to 'instant'.

Anyone else sometimes see notifications for threads in forums which they no longer have access?

I have a screen shot of a notification from a thread in the mod forum if one of the developers wants it

• Registered Users Posts: 55,469 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Not sure if it has been reported before, but the touch site is including deleted posts in a thread's post count.

Check out the "Future Shows (News/Casting)" sticky thread on the TV forum:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=227
    http://touch.boards.ie/forum/227

The full site is showing (80) while the touch site is showing (90).
    There are 10 deleted posts on the thread (hover over trash icon on full site to see count).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Yep, it's been reported. Only happens for mods too IIRC :)

Danny

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Sorry if this has already been asked but are thread prefixes supposed to show up on touch?

They work OK on m.boards.

i.e.
    http://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=934 shows the [FOR SALE] prefixes etc..

http://touch.boards.ie/forum/934 doesn't show any.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Polar101

Would it be possible to have the thread page buttons on the top as well? For example, if I want to read page 3 of a thread, I now have to scroll all the way to the bottom, and then click on '3'. Or maybe there's an easier way which I haven't figured out?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭guil

Is anyone having any problems this morning. I keep getting a tcp error and slow loading. It's only on boards and I've an iPhone 4 on 5.1.1 with emobile

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭thomasj

Hey, just wondering is it possible to access groups from touch.boards.ie? Thanks!

• Advertisement

Just a question that's bugging me......

How come images are embedded in AH on the touch site??

Dean09 wrote: »
    Just a question that's bugging me......

How come images are embedded in AH on the touch site??

It's a bug/missing feature. We will fix it soon enough.

It's a bug/missing feature. We will fix it soon enough.
    Ok cool. I was just wondering if you guys were aware of it. :)

I posted something else earlier in the thread too:
    I just noticed today that if I post something from my phone and then go on the site with my laptop, that post doesn't show my sig.
    But when I post from the laptop, my sig is always in the posts.
    Has this always been the case or is it just happening to me?

Edit; Should have mentioned, when I am using the touch site I am using iPhone 4s iOS 5.1.1

Any idea what it is or will it be fixed? It's nothing major but it's just something that bugs me a bit! :pac:

Ok cool. I was just wondering if you guys were aware of it. :)

I posted something else earlier in the thread too:

Any idea what it is or will it be fixed? It's nothing major but it's just something that bugs me a bit! :pac:

Oh thanks, we'll take a look at that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

Could use a first world problems meme for this one! Any chance we could get the top of page links to the home page, pm etc. on the bottom of the page too?
    Just something that's been bugging me after scrolling through a page if ylyl, having to scroll back to the top to check new threads/posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Yip I have to second this suggestion, it is a real pain in the ass having to scroll all the way back up again!

^^
    I see this has been sorted now. Good stuff lads. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭shanec1928

just wondering on the home page where you can see all the recent posts if the latest post in a thread could be shown and not a few for the same thread .have a screenshot of what I mean but I'm using my phone at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭matrim

Not sure if this had been mentioned but one thing I miss on the touch site is forum breadcrums e.g. if you are in PI there is a link to the RI sub forum but if you are in RI there is no link to the PI parent forum like on the nirmal site

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭shanec1928

see attached

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement