Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cuba nightclub (now Bentley)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,150 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Volvo Ocean Race, Arts Festival, Race week plus all the tourists. Loads of stuff happens in Galway during the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ah sure, it'll be grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

You'd swear no students leave Galway for college. Cuba will do well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 mrs. doubtfire

This is great news. I've had many a, shall we say, "good time" in the toilets in Cuba.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 CMitch81

Anything that might bring in a few jobs is a good thing, god knows this town needs them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

This is great news. I've had many a, shall we say, "good time" in the toilets in Cuba.

o_0

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

biko wrote: »
    Ah sure, it'll be grand.

I think you've fully naturalised now. LOL

Tell us more! I suppose they weren't too grotty as public lavs go.

Yay for Cuba.

Was it Cuba or GPO that used to have that guy in the men loos that would spray you with aftershave? He always creeped me out when I was hammered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Nok1a

http://0.tqn.com/d/alcoholism/1/0/8/-/2/cocaine_line.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭ciano1

Was it Cuba or GPO that used to have that guy in the men loos that would spray you with aftershave? He always creeped me out when I was hammered.

GPO I'd say. Carbon still have one, so do Coyotes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Dave was a nice man a great fan of soccer you leave him alone :p

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭celty

You obviously haven't been upstairs in Monroe's either :rolleyes:

Bumping this to see if anyone has heard anything about this? I walked past it today and there was no work going on inside but the outside has been completely done up, new paint all over and they seem to have fixed up the Cuba signs as well.

For your interest...

jy53X.jpg?1

told you it wasn't opening. one look inside and you'll see some ****ty ass furniture that looks like it came from a granny knitting group.

Oh well :( I wonder why they bothered doing up the outside? There was people working on the inside for a while too, to make it more sellable I suppose.

empacher wrote: »
    told you it wasn't opening. one look inside and you'll see some ****ty ass furniture that looks like it came from a granny knitting group.

Yeah, spotted that myself. I reckon it's just old furniture they bought to show potential tenants what a bar *would* look like.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭foxy_19-89

But renovating the old harvest part of the venue was hardly just to show it off to potential letters? That sign never came down during this whole whammy of a thread

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Shanley

It has been let out by a very nice couple who have worked in Galway hospitality for years, cant say more than that for the moment!

Shanley wrote: »
    It has been let out by a very nice couple who have worked in Galway hospitality for years, cant say more than that for the moment!

That doesn't sound very promising, its a den of debauchery were looking for not an old folks home!

Where are you getting this information from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭PomBear

LET AGREED according the daft ad

http://www.daft.ie/searchcommercial.daft?id=92759

tis happening folks!

MadYaker wrote: »
    ...its a den of debauchery were looking for not an old folks home!

"Den of debauchery" - brilliant!

Well, we definitely don't have enough den of debaucheries in Galway, that's for sure :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭bill murray

Looks like its reopening for sure. The facebook page just became active again saying it was opening soon. Anyone know anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Merged with recent Cuba thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭bill murray

Opening in two weeks it seems.

Good news for galway

Good (proof of the) newwwwwwwws everyone!

fVcKe.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

just in time for volvo/arts/race week. then maybe close down again afterwards?!

just in time for volvo/arts/race week. then maybe close down again afterwards?!

is that you gary?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Shanley

I would highly doubt it considering it was a minimum 1 year lease when it was posted on Daft.ie

Best of luck to them and hopefully it will be one of the success stories in recession Galway times, at the end of the day it is a benefit to entertainment, revenue, employment, eyre square and galway for this place to reopen

Advertisement