Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG Optimus 7 €265 sim free [Expansys] - *Now €199 @Amazon.de*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭mytime

bromley52 wrote: »
    I was looking at that ebay sellers site and he seems to have sold loads over the last few days. I would love to find out if they are all from boards. I just couldn't help myself with a delivered price of €173.90. Did I need it? No. My Nokia 5800 is going just fine. Fairly robust phone actually. Now I cant wait for my latest impulse buy to arrive.

I was thinking the same thing could we get a poll put on the thread, if you purchaed through amazon or ebay etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Does the phone have alpha numeric text message input or is it just qwerty keyboard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Jet Black wrote: »
    Does the phone have alpha numeric text message input or is it just qwerty keyboard?
    Qwerty

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

We should have a multiple choice poll where you say where you got it and how many you've bought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

We should be asking for a WP7 forum! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

-Chris- wrote: »
    We should be asking for a WP7 forum! :D

We are!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

Unlock your phones and install Windows Phone Device Manager, its the best app for any windows phone 7! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAu-TdP0sY4&feature=player_embedded

http://forum.touchxperience.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=783

Untitled-4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Just after ordering it. Looking forward to it now. Thanks OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Just wondering will you still receive the mango update (officially) if you unlock your phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

No, I am talking about unlocking the phone so you can install apps on the marketplace and use windows phone manager.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I don't believe this is true.

From what I have been reading Microsoft initially stopped users who had "unlocked" their devices from receiving updates, but have since changed their stance on this.

In fact I think there is an "approved" method of unlocking your WP7 device.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

There's no problem unlocking your phone at all. Microsoft have never stopped upgrading any phones that have been unlocked what they did do is relock the phones once you updated them with the never version of the software and blocked the loop hole that "chevron" used to unlock phones. This is still the case so most people cannot unlock there phone's unless they pay microsoft $99 for a developer licence.

Now the good news, the LG optimus is different as you can access the hidden MFG menu and manual set the registry to a developer's WP7 allowing you to side load app's or develope your own and test them.

Now I'm able to install my most missed app, a Flash light that uses the Led as a torch :D

To access the hidden MFG menu Factory Menu Steps:

1. Next Dial in ##634# and click on Send to make the call.

2. Wait few second until 3min during the MFG installation

3. Enter in the password 277634#*# when it prompt you to do so.

4. The Factory Menu should appear.

You should now have the "MFG" app in your app list. You will need to remember the above password.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

Are LG still rubbish or have they gotten decent because this phone seems to be in the ball park of the samsung wave and other great mobiles...

worth it or ?

To (Dev) Unlock your phone

1.Open the MFG app and use the password to access it.

2.Go to Engineer Menu -> Other Settings -> Edit Registry

3.Set your ROOT PATH to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE"

4.Set your input path to "\Comm\Security\LVMod"

5.Set your input key to "DeveloperUnlockState" and set to DWORD

6.Hit Query. Output result should return a "0". If it does continue.

7.Set your input data box to "1" and hit SET. Output result should be 1

Now your LG Optimus 7 is unlocked! :D

Unfortunatly your phone will relock itself but you can keep it unlocked if you follow the instructions below:

Part 1
    1.Open the MFG app and use the password to open it.

4.Set your input path to "\Software\Microsoft\DeviceReg"

5.Set your input key to "PortalUrlProd" and set to DWORD

6.Hit Query. Output result should return data. If it does continue.

7.Keep your input data box empty and hit SET. Output result should be 0

8.Keep this screen open and continue to Part 2

Part 2
    1.Set your ROOT PATH to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE"

2.Set your input path to "\Software\Microsoft\DeviceReg"

3.Set your input key to "PortalUrlInt" and set to DWORD

4.Hit Query. Output result should return data. If it does continue.

5.Keep your input data box empty and hit SET. Output result should be 0

6.Backout to the password screen and shutdown the phone via powerbutton.

7.Reboot and sync. Your LG Optimus 7 should stay unlocked

Now that your phone is unlocked you can download xap files to install apps on your phone but before you can do that you need a program that can deploy them onto your phone.

You can download all the tools from MS that allows you to develope your own apps and deploy xap files but the easist way for you to deploy apps is to just download the Windows Phone Device manager. Once you have that installed you can use it to install apps or just double click on the xap file and they will install for you.

http://forum.touchxperience.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=783

Here's a simple app (the flashlight) for you to install and test:

http://www.daveamenta.com/2011-01/led-flashlight-for-windows-phone-7/

Have fun :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

That's something slightly different, the Chevron team released a utility (called Chevron Updater IIRC) to let people force the update, but it did something that was unsupported and left the phone in some kind of intermediate version. Microsoft have blocked these phones from updating (and helped the Chevron team create an officially supported fix).

Unbranding should be fine. Chevron updater is not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭heid

So following the above steps is okay and later on updating to mango will not be problematic since it can be manual unlocked instead of chevron app?

stevenmu wrote: »
    That's something slightly different, the Chevron team released a utility (called Chevron Updater IIRC) to let people force the update, but it did something that was unsupported and left the phone in some kind of intermediate version. Microsoft have blocked these phones from updating (and helped the Chevron team create an officially supported fix).

Unbranding should be fine. Chevron updater is not.

No one is using the Chevron unlock method here:

Just a note: Microsoft didn't block those phones from being updated as there are no new updates out, they said that those phones may not be able to get the new updates as the device would be in a “non-serviceable state”. So Chevron and Microsoft are working together to release a fix.

http://htcsource.com/2011/04/why-the-chevron-updater-was-withdrawn/

Chevron where the first to jail break the WP7 and where invited to meet with them, thats where Microsoft gave him the jail break t-shirt :D ( http://www.istartedsomething.com/20110118/chevronwp7-all-i-got-was-this-lousy-shirt/ ) and are shortly going to release a fully Microsoft supported unlocker program for the homebrew community.

heid wrote: »
    So following the above steps is okay and later on updating to mango will not be problematic since it can be manual unlocked instead of chevron app?

Yip,

How to Re-Lock your unlocked LG Optimus 7 Steps:

1.Open the MFG app and use the password to open it.

4.Set your input path to "\Comm\Security\LVMod"

5.Set your input key to "DeveloperUnlockState" and set to DWORD

6.Hit Query. Output result should return a "1". If it does continue.

7.Set your input data box to "0" and hit SET. Output result should be 0

8.Your phone is now locked.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

AntiVirus wrote: »
    Now the good news, the LG optimus is different as you can access the hidden MFG menu and manual set the registry to a developer's WP7 allowing you to side load app's or develope your own and test them.

Now I'm able to install my most missed app, a Flash light that uses the Led as a torch :D
    Please tell me how to do this!! Miss this so much from my old HTC Legend!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭JAMCAR

Hi Guys I Have my LG E900 over 3 weeks now and it’s a great phone
    There is just one thing I’d like to ask you guys about it and if this happens to you. when making a call sometimes I can hear a clicking sound it usually only happens at
    The start of a call I don’t know if it’s Vodafone
    Or is it something to do with the phone having just one speaker and the
    Clicking noise is the speaker switching between the ringer and the hearing piece
    Hope you can help me with this.

Thanks

JAMCAR

Please tell me how to do this!! Miss this so much from my old HTC Legend!

Follow the instructions above

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Randyleprechaun

Hi all,

After reading this thread, I purchased a LG OPTIMUS 7 from priceguard through ebay. I am still awaiting this phone(hopefully will have tomorrow or Monday.

However, I have now found out that my phone company have decided that I am due an upgrade after all(I wasn't eligible when I bought the LG). Hence, I hace decided I'd like to avail of an iphone 4 and therefore I want to sell the LG.

Maybe someone reading this thread and going to buy one would like to buy this from me. obviously it will mean they wont have to wait fro it to come from Germany. I paid the €183.30 price for it and I have also purchased a leather case for it. I have the paypal receipt etc etc

I will sell the whole lot for €183.30 and I will pay for the registered postage too.

Anyone interested can PM me.

I hope I haven't broken any rules by posting this, if I have, please delete this post.

Phone arrived today. I opened to check that everything was there and it is.

Anybody interested in buying it. As above, I will cover the postage. Quicker than waiting for 1 to come from Germany.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭sparks24

Anybody interested in buying it. As above, I will cover the postage. Quicker than waiting for 1 to come from Germany.

Thanks

how long did it take randy? i ordered mine off priceguard the weekend got a message saying they sent it out today

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Thanks

I would possibly be interested in this... Think I get paid Thursday so should let you know then if I have the funds to buy it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Randyleprechaun

sparks24 wrote: »
    how long did it take randy? i ordered mine off priceguard the weekend got a message saying they sent it out today

thanks

I ordered it on Monday and received the following Monday

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement