Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Choose Your Own Adventure - DISCUSSION THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

thats great, now i wont get a thing done as i will be too busy day dreaming about Limmerblin Falls
    thanks dakota:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭DakotaYoda

SmileyPaul wrote: »
    Dak I was about to kick up a fuss about wanting the list to continue as normal and so I would be the author, but shiz man! you've outdone yourself again! I can't wait to see how this unfolds, if you need a hand with anything at all you know how to contact me :)

I see even though there's weapons stores there's no ranges for people to hone their skills.

300 metre long field with abutments every 100 metres, a concrete butts segment underground for control of the targets, easily defendable but so close to the sea would mean they would get incredibly foggy when the weather permits, could be an interesting position in one of our stories :)

Huh - replied to your post earlier but looks like I'm having some issues w/ the Boards.ie tday.

In any case - SmileyPaul if you, or whomever is next after you, had a plan for what you wanted to write PLEASE do so. You don't have to wait for me. With work and family stuff this week I will be hard pressed to get anything posted before Sunday. Just want to give everyone a heads up on that...

And roger on the target range. They exist in Limmberblin Falls - just outside city limits. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Goodoak

Ok while we wait for DakotaYoda how about a speed round, one post every day SmileyPaul first then we keep going untill DakotaYoda posts

How about our guy has to get out of Dublin before DakotaYoda posts when the brits nuke it to contain the zombie outbreak :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Would you consider my earlier idea of having all the writers being part of a group in this story, end of each story the usual 3 options, but 2 of them are death, and one the correct one. People who chose death are picked off (can still write next chapter if they are next). Last boardsie standing!

Ooh I like. The writers from the zombie boards are all meeting in temple bar to chat about how the story should go when Zompocalypse!:eek:
    Can DakotaYoda, Mahatma coat, SUNGOD, SmileyPaul, chasethislight, wavehopper1, deise go deo, phill106, Goodoak and peatcass get out of Dublin alive before the Brits Nuke us till we glow? You decide.

• Advertisement

Would also let us do cool death scenes for those who chose incorrectly :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

I shall start a new thread :P for the quick fire round!

the author I take it is immune from death until next chapter just because he'd be silly to choose the wrong choice if he himself wrote it XD

*Done*

Enjoy :)

Well done smileyPaul. Just hope we all live to see the secound chapter:D

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭wavehopper1

ChaseThisLight had mentioned that she may need to sit this one out - I've dropped her a note to see if I should step in...if I haven't actually been bitten of course.

ChaseThisLight had mentioned that she may need to sit this one out - I've dropped her a note to see if I should step in...if I haven't actually been bitten of course.

Yeah I believe we're good to skip her for now too. She'll catch up soon.

EDIT: I also may not be able to contribute directly to this one but I will try. Gonna try and wrap up what I'm working on for CYOA and my weekend and next week are already booked up. DOH! Will do my best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ChaseThisLight

DakotaYoda wrote: »
    Yeah I believe we're good to skip her for now too. She'll catch up soon.

I already answered wavehopper's PM, but thought I'd second it here...Dakota's right, I will catch up soon. I'm sorry to have to pass this time though, since I LOVE what SmileyPaul wrote, and I think the idea of us being the characters is really cool.

And I'm all for the idea Dakota put forth about Limmberblin Falls...you put a lot of thought and work into it and I look forward to seeing it put into action.

Quote from Mahatma

"A girly shriek eek.gif, seriously, frown.gif

Anyway, before I'd choose B I'd need to know if we had to pass through any stations, they will be teeming with people and your escape is very restricted.

I'd pick A, its a specific goal as opposed to Wander along the railway line and hope

Tho C, Get really really pissed first holds a certain amount of appeal biggrin.gif"

Keep in mind it is now about half 9 in the evening and the dart (I don't think) would be considered as a means of escape because it's actually a local rail line, going from the northside to the south side, it just so happens that one stop north of your posistion the rail break off to a less used line which goes west :)

Sorry folks, I find brevity difficult :cool:

It seemed natural to put the choices as peoples suggestions, sorry if you three feel you'd never have promoted such outlandish outcomes :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Bugger

still tho, Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrr, I get to eat MI6 agents Yaaaaaaaaay

I'm keeping an eye on the boardie survival story, but as Deise hasn't voted yet I can't send on my outcomes.

I'm keeping an eye on the boardie survival story, but as Deise hasn't voted yet I can't send on my outcomes.

since this is a quick fire story could we bypass deise?
    anyone have a problem?

No probs. To keep it fast we should make it vote or die:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭deise go deo

Dakota, cam you knock my name off the writers list?, I am back home from Uni for the summer and only have a dial up connection:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

eh, after we Die can we still Vote???????????

eh, after we Die can we still Vote???????????

Voting doesn't effect the outcome of the story i.e. it doesn't stop when the majority vote for death, so...yes, there's no reason not to keep voting.

• Advertisement

With Deise out, Phil is next. I sent him the outcomes.

Ill start this today, hopefully be done this evening. If someone doesnt vote, do they die? :P

Just a heads up my week is slammed as I've had to take over a few training classes on very short, actually NO, notice. Couple that w/ 2 family birthdays, my wedding anniversary, and being outta town this upcoming weekend.... well. I'm busy.

The map is nearly done for the full blown CYOA revamp - just not had time to finish up.

Don't want peeps waitin' on me so please skip me if it comes to that. Thanks!!!

"out of town"? that what you kids call it these days ;)
    happ anniversary and enjoy your ehem.... quite.... weekend :P

Posted it up now....and my own wedding anniversary is tomorrow, so there ;P

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ChaseThisLight

DakotaYoda wrote: »
    my wedding anniversary, and being outta town this upcoming weekend.... well. I'm busy.
    phill106 wrote: »
    Posted it up now....and my own wedding anniversary is tomorrow, so there ;P

Happy anniversary to you both. :)

I may be able to write if/when it gets to me if I don't die in the story by then (if you die you don't write, am I correct?). Will speak up when/if my turn comes around.

All - A week later than I planned as I lost my original and had to redo some things. This map looks worse than the first, but oh well. It's a start.

My main challange is scaling this so it can be read but isn't too big. Right now is scaled to a 19" monitor - I can post it bigger via imageshack and then you can zoom in a bit.

Anyway - SORRY its taken so long but here ya go. Check it out and let me know. I'll be trying to get caught up on things on the forum. Apologies I've been outta touch lately. Feedback appreciated!

workinglimberfallsstree.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Looks awesome! dont worry bout not being around too much I've been keeping an eye on things :P

the only problem is I dont know how to see it in a full screen kinda way :S I can zoom into it but not to the 19" that you talk about, and obviously when I ctrl + it it gets distorted :P

so really the only problem in this instnace is my stupidity XD

SmileyPaul wrote: »
    Looks awesome! dont worry bout not being around too much I've been keeping an eye on things :P

the only problem is I dont know how to see it in a full screen kinda way :S I can zoom into it but not to the 19" that you talk about, and obviously when I ctrl + it it gets distorted :P

so really the only problem in this instnace is my stupidity XD

Whoa - yer right Smiley. Dunno whats going on w/ the image. Imageshack must be the issue. I will look into whats going on later tday.

• Advertisement

Trying to post the full sized image but having issues w/ it appearing correctly in the forum for some reason. Hopefully this looks ok.

You can also try this link and just click the image after the link for the full size.

http://imageshack.us/f/837/workinglimberfallsstree.png/

workinglimberfallsstree.png</noscript>

Advertisement