Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The official 3.0 Upgrade/Jailbreak/unlock thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

MuscleNerd twittered something to the effect of 1 small typo breaking things 0_o

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

Ultrasn0w is an unlock right? Will that unlock the 3gs? Dont fully understand what Ultrasn0w will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Stephen wrote: »
    MuscleNerd twittered something to the effect of 1 small typo breaking things 0_o

Tweet: MuscleNerd is just going to put the payload into my loader.

should I go fetch my phone?:)

will there be a release tonight...

Frankmagnet: Ultrasn0w will unlock iPhone 3G with 3.0 software. 3GS is unknown yet.

Tweet

• Advertisement

Stephen wrote: »
    Frankmagnet: Ultrasn0w will unlock iPhone 3G with 3.0 software. 3GS is unknown yet.

Thanks for that Stephen, havent unlocked an iphone since the 1st one and all this redsnow and yellowsnow stuff was confusing the hell out of me.

Would be great if it does the 3gs too, going to keep it on o2 for awhile but its nice to have the option to change if I want to.

Whose twitter feed are you looking at drunkmonkey?

Tweet : )

http://twitter.com/copumpkin

copumpkin, just surfing around tweet... do you think it's tonight...

from @planetbeing:

"ultrasn0w is finally in the new loader, after some regexp fails in the python testbed that I use to load the loader. Now testing..."

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CivilEx

Anyone able to convert this twitter talk into an ETA for ultrasnow?:D

• Advertisement

Planetbeing : Testing has been going surprisingly well, actually. Usually Murphy's law applies.

http://twitter.com/planetbeing

and here, http://twitter.com/MuscleNerd

can't be very far away...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭AntoSRFC

Already answered

• Registered Users Posts: 26 BN123

Hello,

I have a Iphone 3G OS 3 firmware.
    The phone was unlocked offically by Optus Australia. If I jailbreak the phone using the tutorial on iclarified will the phone unlocking be reversed? I.E Will the phone be locked to the Optus network again?

Sorry if the q has been asked before.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭vinnycoyne

No, your phone should stay unlocked if it has been factory unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CivilEx

Ultrasn0w working with Vodafone IE. Calls and data ok. I'll check mms later

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Skidmcmarx

Same here on meteor

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

okay serious help needed.

I ran the redsn0w jailbreak and I got a picture of a hard disk on my iphone's screen with a green arrow saying downloading jailbreak data.

After that finished I'm getting a picture of an itunes logo and a white cable beside.

It looks like the jailbreak failed.

Please anyone out there help; my phone is a brick :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

swingking wrote: »
    okay serious help needed.

I ran the redsn0w jailbreak and I got a picture of a hard disk on my iphone's screen with a green arrow saying downloading jailbreak data.

After that finished I'm getting a picture of an itunes logo and a white cable beside.

It looks like the jailbreak failed.

Please anyone out there help; my phone is a brick :(

I think that's asking you to activate the phone again by plugging it into Itunes.

Snakeblood wrote: »
    I think that's asking you to activate the phone again by plugging it into Itunes.

I thought the purpose of the jailbreak was to bypass the activation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

I thought the purpose of the jailbreak was to bypass the activation.

No, thats unlocking, slightly different.
    Im guessing you are trying to jailbreak and unlock.

Did you use redsn0w?
    did you check the box that said unlock?

I used redsn0w last night to jailbreak and unlock and it worked ok.

Can you remember the unlock checkbox on redsnow?
    there is a screenshot of it on this tutorial:
    http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=4302

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Skidmcmarx

I can personally Confirm data, mms, sms and calls on vodafone, o2, and meteor. WOOOOHOOOO

Skidmcmarx wrote: »
    I can personally Confirm data, mms, sms and calls on vodafone, o2, and meteor. WOOOOHOOOO
    3g or 2g iphone?

TheTubes wrote: »
    No, thats unlocking, slightly different.
    Im guessing you are trying to jailbreak and unlock.

Did you use redsn0w?
    did you check the box that said unlock?

I used redsn0w last night to jailbreak and unlock and it worked ok.

Can you remember the unlock checkbox on redsnow?
    there is a screenshot of it on this tutorial:
    http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=4302

okay slight problem and anyone who was jailbroken 3.0 with a mac might make an input. I only got a box to install cydia; there was nothing there that said unlock.

I'm using the latest version of Redsn0w on the mac

okay slight problem and anyone who was jailbroken 3.0 with a mac might make an input. I only got a box to install cydia; there was nothing there that said unlock.

I'm using the latest version of Redsn0w on the mac

I'm guessing you are using a 3g iphone?
    afaik redsn0w can't unlock the 3g.
    this is the tutorial for 3g on mac and it dosen't show the unlock checkbox:
    http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=4303

i don't have a 3g so im not too up on it but i think that there will prob be another app coming soon that will let you unlock.

I think the problem happens orginally when I go to restore the iphone to 3.0 firmware as illustrated in the iclarified tutorial. I try to restore it and I'm given an error. That's why redsn0w won't work.

If anyone has any suggestions as to why the original redsn0w jailbreak won't work please let me know.

I've a iBrick at the moment :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭AntoSRFC

Got my MMS (meteor) on my iphone working and received my first call ever on my iphone. Have to say im a bit dissapointed. During the call i got the sound when your phone is ringing next to a speaker. Now while im at the computer im getting a constant racket from the computer speakers aswell which i never got before on other phones unless i was about to receive a call. Its as if the phone is trying to conect to something. Really really anoying. Is this the same for everyone?

I think the problem happens orginally when I go to restore the iphone to 3.0 firmware as illustrated in the iclarified tutorial. I try to restore it and I'm given an error. That's why redsn0w won't work.

If anyone has any suggestions as to why the original redsn0w jailbreak won't work please let me know.

Do you get an error saying that the firmware is not compatible or something like that?
    where did you download the firmware from?
    I was geting that error at first aswell, I had downloaded it from iClarified.
    I downloaded it from hackintosh and it worked.
    Im not certain that iClarified have the correct links, or maybe i just got a bad download.

Try downloading it from here and restore again?

Edit: I think Iclarified has the correct links, I just probably had a corrupt download.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Are you sure you're using the right ipsw? I read on Saurik's twitter (he made Cydia) that a lot of people were installing the wrong one and encountering problems as a result....

• Advertisement

I can confirm, texts, calls and data are working on 3 Ireland after the ultrasn0w unlock...

Haven't checked picture messages yet...

Advertisement