Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Well the first time I couldn’t remember it so I had to reset it so I said I’d do another one and see and that worked fine, displayed the screen asking for my 2nd 4th and 5th letters.

Possible Android bug then. Anytime I tap any option on that screen it goes blank on me. Thanks for trying anyway!

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Although just be aware that from Friday night to Sunday night Revolut have a slightly lower rate that the actual exchange rates to cover themselves in the event of any fluctuations over the weekend. So if you know you are going to be spending some £££ over the weekend it might be worth while to convert some €€ before 10pm Friday night I think that’s when their lower rates kick in.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

Hi guys

Trying to send a deposit for a cycling trip to the Pyrenees (surprise) for my hubby for Christmas.

I need to transfer £400 stg to IBAN: GB96NWBK6021345611XXXX.

When I try to set it up on the App, it looks for the 'old fashioned' account details, i.e. number, sort code, name, address, etc., none of which I have!

Can anyone help please ? :)

keredern wrote: »
    Hi guys

Trying to send a deposit for a cycling trip to the Pyrenees (surprise) for my hubby for Christmas.

I need to transfer £400 stg to IBAN: GB96NWBK6021345611XXXX.

When I try to set it up on the App, it looks for the 'old fashioned' account details, i.e. number, sort code, name, address, etc., none of which I have!

Can anyone help please ? :)

https://www.ibancalculator.com/

Will be able to give you sort code and account number, once you have sort code, google it and it should give you the bank and it’s location.

This will also give you what you need

120_E8_AB6-42_E0-4591-88_AF-732535_B1_D5_EA.jpg

And these are the details of your sort code

DB109479-_F5_D2-4994-_BB90-_BB7_FEDD3_DEB9.jpg

• Advertisement

https://www.ibancalculator.com/

Will be able to give you sort code and account number, once you have sort code, google it and it should give you the bank and it’s location.

You are a genius Sir or Madam!!! ;)

It never dawned on me that I could just google the IBAN to get the account details.

I just assumed IBAN was the only acceptable form of transfer now!

D'oh!! :o:o

This will also give you what you need

120_E8_AB6-42_E0-4591-88_AF-732535_B1_D5_EA.jpg

And these are the details of your sort code

DB109479-_F5_D2-4994-_BB90-_BB7_FEDD3_DEB9.jpg

All set up and ready to rock!! :cool:

Hubby will be so happy come Christmas morning!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭adam88

Testament1 wrote: »
    No I don't have adblocking on my phone. In the app it displays the page where you enter your passphrase but when you tap on it the page goes blank.

Same happens with the Ulsterbank version but the money goes through without having to enter the password

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭adam88

I'm due a refund from amazon shortly but want to block my card. If I block it will the refund be rejected

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

keredern wrote:
    keredern wrote:
    Hubby will be so happy come Christmas morning!!!

:) does hubby know your boards persona? May not be such a big surprise if they do.. just saying..

• Advertisement

Irish Wolf wrote: »
    :) does hubby know your boards persona? May not be such a big surprise if they do.. just saying..

Nah, he's not tech savvy at all!!

But thanks for the heads up. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,398 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Beware if using PayPal.

It uses its own rate first. You need to manually set the option for conversion to done by the card issuer.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

irishgeo wrote: »
    Beware if using PayPal.

It uses its own rate first. You need to manually set the option for conversion to done by the card issuer.

Is this done at each PP transaction or can it be set to the default action on PP's site ?

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭J_A_F_A

AlekSmart wrote: »
    Is this done at each PP transaction or can it be set to the default action on PP's site ?

You can set it as the default.
    Go to Profile > Payments > My Preapproved Payments > Set Available Funding Sources > Conversion Options

As I’ve said previously, the down side of making it default to sterling is all euro transactions via Paypal will then be converted make to euro making them slightly more expensive. As far as I know, Paypal removed the option a few years ago where you could select what method you wanted to take on an each individual transaction basis, mind you, I stand corrected if I am actually incorrect here. I’m only passing on what a Paypal agent told me about 18 months ago when I rang them about this issue.

Possible Android bug then. Anytime I tap any option on that screen it goes blank on me. Thanks for trying anyway!

Just to update, I flagged this with support chat and they confirmed they're aware of a bug in their Android app preventing customers from entering their SecureCode/3D Secure info.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,439 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Has anyone managed to top-up with Android pay recently? Failing for me on two different cards but works for anything else I've tried.

Nah no joy there either. Android Pay says my EBS card isn't supported.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭msmx5

Nah no joy there either. Android Pay says my EBS card isn't supported.

Thats correct, EBS don't support Android Pay yet. Nothing to do with revolut.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Has anyone used this card withdrawing from ATMs or using POS in Hong Kong / Philippines?
    I have a trip coming up in January and would love to know if Asia has caused any difficulty with the Revolut card?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭msmx5

Has anyone used this card withdrawing from ATMs or using POS in Hong Kong / Philippines?

A colleague has used it without issue in the Philippines on a number of recent trips. Bot POS and ATMs if I recall correctly - I can confirm on Mon if you need?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

msmx5 wrote: »
    A colleague has used it without issue in the Philippines on a number of recent trips. Bot POS and ATMs if I recall correctly - I can confirm on Mon if you need?

That would be great thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Pain in the a$%e when topping up with KBC card. Have to enter a code every time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Arbie

BobbyT28 wrote: »
    Pain in the a$%e when topping up with KBC card. Have to enter a code every time!!
    What do you mean exactly?  I top up on Android with KBC debit card and never have to enter a code.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Can’t help you but I’ve never had any issues with the iPhone app. Hope you get sorted

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

Tried to use this Revolut here on the iPhone, I topped it up using three different pre-paid SwirlCard Gift cards and then added my Revolut Card details to Paypal.

Anyway I went to make the payment via Paypal and the transaction was declined, then the App keeps saying "Your account is already activated, please reinstall the app and sign-in" Which I have done three times already.

This thing is totally pathetic and once I get to spend the money I have preloaded then I'll be closing the account and deleting this stupid app forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Good for you, congratulations. We all use it because it's absolutely terrible and of no benefit to us.

Hi all, my son is travelling from Jan (Asia/Australia/China, etc.) next for about a year...the usual backpacker thing!!

I arranged the Revolut card for him because I am a good Irish mammy!! :o:D

He tells me now that the premium service offers Wolrdwide travel insurance.

Would anyone have any experience of this insurance cover?

If so, is it good value and suitably comprehensive for a 24 year old with potential diaster tendencies!!!!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Is it worth paying the monthly premium fee in addition to the initial cost?

Otherwise, we were going to get cover elsewhere as part of his Christmas present! :)

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 hoosh1

keredern wrote: »
    Hi all, my son is travelling from Jan (Asia/Australia/China, etc.) next for about a year...the usual backpacker thing!!

I arranged the Revolut card for him because I am a good Irish mammy!! :o:D

He tells me now that the premium service offers Wolrdwide travel insurance.

Would anyone have any experience of this insurance cover?

If so, is it good value and suitably comprehensive for a 24 year old with potential diaster tendencies!!!!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Is it worth paying the monthly premium fee in addition to the initial cost?

Otherwise, we were going to get cover elsewhere as part of his Christmas present! :)

Thanks.

I'm just back from a similar trip, used the revolut card everywhere, it was perfect. Not sure about their insurance, we did a good bit of research but never looked at them and went for World Nomads. Found them really good, my girlfriend got quite sick and they sorted the hospital bills. The claims forms can be filled out online and its very straightforward. It was about €350 for 9 months which is expensive but gave a good level of cover.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement