Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloggers mentioning/promoting products

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cria

So I just seen that MUF posted that Cari's Closet 'sorted her out for her long gowns' for Dubai and they gave her a discount code for 20% off...

She didn't label it #affiliate or #spons. This is sponsorship.

Yes this is sponsored she just doesn't declare it.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Lindy97

No clue. Pippa and Sue at least have a plan for the long game by launching products. The likes of Rosemary and James K and James Patrice will be fine as they are getting tv and print work but the ones who seem to think they can just snapchat every mundane part of their lives for years with zero actual content are in for a rude awakening

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭blairbear

The Make Up Fairy doesn't own any actual clothes apart from work out gear and accessories. She's always getting gear from shops like Cari's Closet or buys cheaper dresses online, wears them for two hours and sells them on depop for the same price as they still are online. I can't understand it myself; if I like an outfit enough to be photographed in it and put it all over social media, I want to wear it again. Multiple times.

She can well afford to buy or rent from Cari's Closet. Of course it should be #ad. Some of those designer dresses cost 300 or 400e to rent for a couple of days. I rented a DVF one from them in 2012, and they also asked for 100e additional deposit to secure its safe return. So technically she could be getting about 1500e of a free service. (Btw, I don't recommend renting; by the time you get the dress, it's been worn several times, long since paid for and the deposit takes a few days to go back into your account.)

She should donate a couple of dress rentals to someone going to their Debs who may not have that kind of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SpillingTheTea

blairbear wrote: »
    The Make Up Fairy doesn't own any actual clothes apart from work out gear and accessories. She's always getting gear from shops like Cari's Closet or buys cheaper dresses online, wears them for two hours and sells them on depop for the same price as they still are online. I can't understand it myself; if I like an outfit enough to be photographed in it and put it all over social media, I want to wear it again. Multiple times.

She can well afford to buy or rent from Cari's Closet. Of course it should be #ad. Some of those designer dresses cost 300 or 400e to rent for a couple of days. I rented a DVF one from them in 2012, and they also asked for 100e additional deposit to secure its safe return. So technically she could be getting about 1500e of a free service. (Btw, I don't recommend renting; by the time you get the dress, it's been worn several times, long since paid for and the deposit takes a few days to go back into your account.)

She should donate a couple of dress rentals to someone going to their Debs who may not have that kind of money.

Oh but she gave us a 20% off discount code so we will be grand ~sarcasm obviously~

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

Oh but she gave us a 20% off discount code so we will be grand ~sarcasm obviously~

I saw on Cari's Closet instagram that they already have a discount code out for 20 percent off long dresses.
    It makes sense though for the companies to send out unique codes to bloggers eg. "Fairy20", "Sosue20" so they can see who's bringing in the most sales and decide who they will kit out with outfits/products in future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SpillingTheTea

wolfmoon87 wrote: »
    I saw on Cari's Closet instagram that they already have a discount code out for 20 percent off long dresses.
    It makes sense though for the companies to send out unique codes to bloggers eg. "Fairy20", "Sosue20" so they can see who's bringing in the most sales and decide who they will kit out with outfits/products in future.

Exactly! This just makes the whole situation shadier because the discount is already there. Using her code only either means a) She gets paid a fraction based on her affiliate/coupon is being used or b) She just gets free stuff and is given a code to get around the ASAI red tape.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭urbanshirl

blairbear wrote:
    Maybe it's over budget cos only celebrities can afford a second diamond ring within a few years when they have a new baby too?! The whole thing is dodgy as hell. She has form for being untruthful across all social media platforms so there's no benefit of the doubt that can be afforded to her.

blairbear wrote:
    "Go out and spend several thousand euro on a superfluous ring, followers! Like, I'm WEAK for mine! Except it's too expensive and I'm not buying it anymore but never mind that bit".

blairbear wrote:
    So Lisa Jordan went on fb for that promo video, encouraged young mothers to think about an enormously expensive diamond ring as a push present after having a child, waxed lyrical about how amazing this whole process was, failed to #ad (or #add, in her case) a single thing and now is on SC saying she didn't like it and that it was "over budget". Over budget my eye. She didn't get the huge discount/freebie she was hoping for along with the obvious ad payment and has backed out.

There is a lot more to this story than what she is disclosing on her snaps. She probably should have been #ad on all her snaps in regards to this ring, for whatever reason she didn't, it all blew up on twitter with the ASAI & Moores Jewellers being tagged in every tweet. JJ then deletes all her tweets in regard to it, and one week later is no longer getting the ring. Her credibility after this plus the way she deals with affiliate linking, and the way she responds to queries about transparency make me question how she has a following at all.

Having a website filled with affiliate links is not blogging, or creating content, you are offering no value, no opinion, no reviews or experiences. You are simply filling your website with ways to make money, and it's insulting to other bloggers and to readers.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I'm guessing Moores pulled the plug after being tagged in a tweet with the ASAI. They prob were going to give her the ring she wanted for free in exchange for promotion of the service and then cancelled the deal once they were tagged and people began questioning. The whole thing is so bizarre. Unless it's all an ad for the prototype thing? Like you can go in, design your prototype, but not accept it if you don't like it and design something else. Oh I don't know, one thing is for sure JJ takes all of her followers for gullible ejits.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Toastytoes

urbanshirl wrote: »
    There is a lot more to this story than what she is disclosing on her snaps. She probably should have been #ad on all her snaps in regards to this ring, for whatever reason she didn't, it all blew up on twitter with the ASAI & Moores Jewellers being tagged in every tweet. JJ then deletes all her tweets in regard to it, and one week later is no longer getting the ring. Her credibility after this plus the way she deals with affiliate linking, and the way she responds to queries about transparency make me question how she has a following at all.

Having a website filled with affiliate links is not blogging, or creating content, you are offering no value, no opinion, no reviews or experiences. You are simply filling your website with ways to make money, and it's insulting to other bloggers and to readers.

I think the Revenue were tagged some stage as well. It'd be interesting to hear what really happened.

urbanshirl wrote: »

I looked at her blog it's all affiliates and bad spelling it's not a blog it's an advertising site extremely lazy.

• Advertisement

anna080 wrote: »
    I'm guessing Moores pulled the plug after being tagged in a tweet with the ASAI. They prob were going to give her the ring she wanted for free in exchange for promotion of the service and then cancelled the deal once they were tagged and people began questioning. The whole thing is so bizarre. Unless it's all an ad for the prototype thing? Like you can go in, design your prototype, but not accept it if you don't like it and design something else. Oh I don't know, one thing is for sure JJ takes all of her followers for gullible ejits.

I actually think it was all a plan pretend she's getting the ring and get paid for advertising only people aren't stupid she wasn't getting away with never mentioning the ring again that she was supposed to get.
    Also I doubt either of them thought they would be tagged in tweets with the asai.

And what was with her snapping here's the book for the prototype of the ring I'm
    Not getting that was an ad 100% her claim for the video was for camera experience?? So what was tonight's promotion in aid of.

On another note make up fairy advertising caris closet and the nail salon with no disclosure.. she must have been paying for the hair I didn't see her mention the salon.
    How is she getting away with that it's so obvious what she's doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cookiesmuggler

i felt like jj was trying very hard to keep a straight face while telling people about the ring . like smirking! I feel like she was trying to portray this normal next door type girl image, a bit ditzy but down to earth and lovable ,its all an act! In reality it seems to be the exacty opposite, and god forbid anyone question her or go against her , thats when her real side comes out!

i felt like jj was trying very hard to keep a straight face while telling people about the ring . like smirking! I feel like she was trying to portray this normal next door type girl image, a bit ditzy but down to earth and lovable ,its all an act! In reality it seems to be the exacty opposite, and god forbid anyone question her or go against her , thats when her real side comes out!

She's knows exactly what she's doing with that ring only thing is she's shot herself in the foot now over it and it's very clear to see what she was doing once you lose trust it's very hard to get back if at all.
    Between that ring and the river island affiliate links that she doesn't disclose as affiliate each time she directs people to them, she's on a slippery slope no one
    Likes to be deceived she was on again this morning pushing them links.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 sassychick91

Cria wrote: »
    She's knows exactly what she's doing with that ring only thing is she's shot herself in the foot now over it and it's very clear to see what she was doing once you lose trust it's very hard to get back if at all.
    Between that ring and the river island affiliate links that she doesn't disclose as affiliate each time she directs people to them, she's on a slippery slope no one
    Likes to be deceived she was on again this morning pushing them links.

I think it's ridiculous the way JJ goes on about stuff being expensive for example the ring she was going to get and now her baby's christening gown. Yet she had no problem splashing out €2000 for a bag after her hard working week of getting dolled up for events. I wonder has anyone snapped her about the affiliate links. It's gone beyond obvious what's she's doing.

I think it's ridiculous the way JJ goes on about stuff being expensive for example the ring she was going to get and now her baby's christening gown. Yet she had no problem splashing out €2000 for a bag after her hard working week of getting dolled up for events. I wonder has anyone snapped her about the affiliate links. It's gone beyond obvious what's she's doing.

I've seen tweets to her about the affiliate links she ignores them.
    The genuine bloggers that spoke in the recent interview encourage followers to ask about the links ect genuine bloggers would respond in just Jordan or graces case they ignore or block.
    That speaks volumes about their shady behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭BeeMee_123

Cria,

Do you have a link to this interview? P&T :)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Puggly

I'm fairly annoyed, my friend used to run online shop,she sent a few pieces to the make up fairy last year for free to get promotion. MUF is wearing the outfit today and has it up on depop for double the price. I've told my friend and she's quite upset about it but as she closed the shop she said she can't do anything about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭scarbouro

Puggly wrote: »
    I'm fairly annoyed, my friend used to run online shop,she sent a few pieces to the make up fairy last year for free to get promotion. MUF is wearing the outfit today and has it up on depop for double the price. I've told my friend and she's quite upset about it but as she closed the shop she said she can't do anything about it.

Wow that's pretty shocking! Did your friend ever get a shout out from her? Its embarrassing making a profit off something she got for free!

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jockeyboard

No congrats to rosie from faces on the launch of her new brand today??....

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Wexy86

She has it on instagram also, yiu should comment on both depop and IG so at least some of her followers see how brazen she really is. I'd love to say I'm shocked but as everyone has noted she's one of the worst for not declaring anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭mad about nuts

The Style Fairy has a load of snaps up today regarding the photo store and app and all her snaps are #ad. Fair play to her. But i feel its a little late to the game when she is constantly plugging i clothing with no # and nurofen sent her a box i think yest with no # and i know bellebaby have given stuff aswell to her in the past too.Also her links on her facebook to outfits must be affiliated too but no declaration of it.
    Lately i feel content on snapchat has changed( with the ones i follow) and more vloggers are hashtagging stuff,but it also makes you realise how many were very shady in the past and exactly how much stuff they got for freeand never declared.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

Wexy86 wrote: »
    She has it on instagram also, yiu should comment on both depop and IG so at least some of her followers see how brazen she really is. I'd love to say I'm shocked but as everyone has noted she's one of the worst for not declaring anything.

Just saw that on instgram now. That's disgraceful. Several people asking her for details on where the outfor is from but not a word from her, surprise surprise. You should definitely say something. Call her out and let people know the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Wexy86 wrote: »

I'd be willing to comment on her instagram to call her out, I think we all should tbh. Disgraceful carry on.

anna080 wrote: »
    I'd be willing to comment on her instagram to call her out, I think we all should tbh. Disgraceful carry on.

I'm already blocked but otherwise I definitely would.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

She won't say where she got it! I've noticed she never usually does unless she can post a link which is prob affiliate! Maybe she isnt as bad now but she used to be! That's your job, tel people where you got the clothes!!!

So bad doing what she did!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Puggly

My friend said that MUF put one or two pics up at the time. She never got any sales or anything from it. She wrote on the pic on ig to let people know where it's from. It's been sold now on depop.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

At least she put up pictures at the time. But bad form to sell it for twice the price!!

2 comments under her post on instagram outing her for getting the outfit for free and selling it for double the price. Someone specifically mentioned this boards discussion!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Ray37

Just saw that, bet she'll go on a bit blocking spree and rant. Such bad form. I've screenshotted it too so it'll be clear after it is inevitably deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Ray37

She commented back that she had the top altered and donates some of the money from Depop to charity and was gifted it years ago.... Still don't see how it justified selling for x2 the price. She also deleted the comment already.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement