Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo's next console)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Usually anything Pachter-Nintendo related is doom speak :P, however on his latest video he's said that he has heard from developers that the Switch is the easiest to develop for out of the 3 machines (PS4, Xbox One) Of course this doesn't take into account the processing power needed etc but if true it can only be a good sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,358 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Corholio wrote: »
    Usually anything Pachter-Nintendo related is doom speak :P, however on his latest video he's said that he has heard from developers that the Switch is the easiest to develop for out of the 3 machines (PS4, Xbox One) Of course this doesn't take into account the processing power needed etc but if true it can only be a good sign.

That turd isn't worth anyone's time especially given what he said about Iwata. He knows about as much as we do and is the Katie Hopkins of the anal cyst world.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'd say Katie Hopkins knows a lot about anal cysts, fissures and fistulas, being one herself.
    You're right though, Pachter has been talking ill informed nonsense for decades now, I'm surprised anyone prints his drivel anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I always thought Fistula was some sort of horrifically explicit romanian myth - are you saying he's real??? Jesus, I just got over the Slenderman thing. I'm afraid to google it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Banjo wrote: »
    I always thought Fistula was some sort of horrifically explicit romanian myth - are you saying he's real??? Jesus, I just got over the Slenderman thing. I'm afraid to google it now.

Count Fistula will haunt your dreams...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Star Lord wrote: »
    Count Fistula will haunt your dreams...

One anastomosis, two anastomoses, ha ha ha.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I've seen and treated those things, not the human body at it's prettiest to be sure...

Just over 2 weeks to go before the proper Switch reveal, and we get to some games running.
    I'm hoping for a good showing of new titles, and a smattering of remasters of existing WiiU games too.
    Some pricing information would be awesome as well, important given there'll be little more than 9 weeks from the 13.1.17 to the consoles release on St Patrick's Day!

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

Nice. 2 weeks to the Reveal. I might be going to PAX South in Texas in Jan17 to get a look at Switch. Hopefully it will be good. Lad I know played it weeks ago and wasnt too impressed said it was trying to be best of both worlds while doing neither well. I think it'll be great lil device no matter. Cant wait.

Any of ye Preorder yet. I threw 20e down on xmas eve in gamestop patrick st cork just to beat the rush and prob the one place with a midnight launch. hate GS thou... Rather get via symths or maybe online good bet and it gets delivered a day early? Anyone preorder yet and where. coz come mid jan reveal everyone will be preordering.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

kevin2me wrote: »
    Nice. 2 weeks to the Reveal. I might be going to PAX South in Texas in Jan17 to get a look at Switch. Hopefully it will be good. Lad I know played it weeks ago and wasnt too impressed said it was trying to be best of both worlds while doing neither well. I think it'll be great lil device no matter. Cant wait.

Any of ye Preorder yet. I threw 20e down on xmas eve in gamestop patrick st cork just to beat the rush and prob the one place with a midnight launch. hate GS thou... Rather get via symths or maybe online good bet and it gets delivered a day early? Anyone preorder yet and where. coz come mid jan reveal everyone will be preordering.

How did he play that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Haven't decided yet when I'll get it. Need to work on the backlog in the meantime

How did he play that?

I think when you know the right people. I believe it was at Nintendo HQ in the seattle. Im sure it will get plenty hate its not X1PS4 etc. Sure so does X1 for not being as powerful as PS4 but whose really is able to tell any noteworthy differences playing 3rd party games on both. As long as the screen in it is as vibrant as wii u. ill be happy. I hate screens where u can see lightbleed and Fallon demo appeared to be a bit like that...

kevin2me wrote: »
    I think when you know the right people. I believe it was at Nintendo HQ in the seattle. Im sure it will get plenty hate its not X1PS4 etc. Sure so does X1 for not being as powerful as PS4 but whose really is able to tell any noteworthy differences playing 3rd party games on both. As long as the screen in it is as vibrant as wii u. ill be happy. I hate screens where u can see lightbleed and Fallon demo appeared to be a bit like that...

I'd say thats a bit of a fib, unless he's Jimmy Fallon.

I'd say thats a bit of a fib, unless he's Jimmy Fallon.
    No this lad is sound out and definitely legit, but its not like he disclosed anything we didnt already know. His personal opinion was it didnt wow him.

Fair enough for people hoping to buy Dwitch over X1 or PS4 or esp for likes of those with beefy PC setups. I think that's where fanboy stuff goes each to their own and compares Switch to PS4 specs. Problem is most users can only afford 1 device. Im biggest Nintendo fanboy but doesnt mean i dont own or enjoy other consoles for games or experiences Switch or Wii U couldnt offer. So for me if the Switch is 70% power of X1 ill be more than happy.

Mmm, ok sure.

FCC documents reveal Switch info (from reddit)

- Includes 5GHZ Wifi.

- Bluetooth Confirmed In FCC (Federal Communications Commission) documents, the Switch is referred to as being able to use Bluetooth wireless communications. This is found on page 5 of this document under Radio Specification>Frequency of Operation and Radio Specification>Modulation. This may not mean that the Switch has Bluetooth headphone support, as it may be simply for the controllers.

- Temperatures of Operation In addition to the Bluetooth functionality, the Switch has been tested in and confirmed to work in temperatures of 5 degrees Celsius (41 degrees Fahrenheit) to 35 degrees C (95 degrees F). This information was also found on page 5 of the same document.

- No 3G or LTE Support On page 6 of the the same document as the first, I have found that the Switch did not undergo tests for 3G and LTE connections, so the rumors and speculation of 3G and LTE models of the Switch seem to have been deconfirmed.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/5ko7sl/more_features_confirmed_and_deconfirmed_for_the/?sort=new&st=ix8l5l8f&sh=70309e49

https://apps.fcc.gov/eas/GetApplicationAttachment.html?id=3239283

Is that good or bad?

... I don't know. I think its good, though less powerful than PS4/Xb1.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,937 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

... I don't know. I think its good, though less powerful than PS4/Xb1.

Won't make a blind bit of difference to me, but I suppose some will be bothered?

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Won't make a blind bit of difference to me, but I suppose some will be bothered?

I imagine they will. People who care more about talking about why they don't like a system, rather than just playing them and enjoying them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Any idea how much coin this yoke will cost?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

To be honest im just looking forward to a console that i can take with me like the 3ds and put on the tv whrn i want to via the tv port option o domt care what the out put is like. The quality of 3ds games was excellent and if a next generation 3ds with potable tv availability is coming, ie the switch i will embrace it with open arms :)

Saipanne wrote: »
    Any idea how much coin this yoke will cost?

If I was to hazard a guess (only a guess mind) between €230 - €300. I would think towards the lower end, cos the 3DS pricing being way too high at launch was a bad mistake for them.

But there's also rumoured (from a reliable source) they'll be more than one SKU at launch with pack in games and what not. But we'll know in.. 2 weeks and 4 hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

It's probably more powerful than the Wii U, even when portable, and that's more than enough for me! To squeeze that much performance in such a sleek machine is pretty damn good, and I'm itching to see more on the 13th!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

The reveal is on the 13th? Friday the 13th

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Is that good or bad?

PS4 is 1.6TF and XONE is 1.3TF so 60% PS4 and about 75% of Xbox.

Given Xbox can run most games fine at 900p the Switches screen should deliver a fine experience at 720p

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    The reveal is on the 13th? Friday the 13th

Its 4am on Friday the 13th, to be exact.

PS4 is 1.6TF and XONE is 1.3TF so 60% PS4 and about 75% of Xbox.

Given Xbox can run most games fine at 900p the Switches screen should deliver a fine experience at 720p

I think this is key.
    Because the system is 720p the chipset doesn't have to be expensive and heat producing, or battery consuming for that matter.
    This will run the same equivalent games as the XB1 and PS4, just at 720p, and on the go, or at the kind of parties that Karen used to get invited to.
    And, 720p will make it cheaper to develop for, as 1080p and, now, 4k costs a lot to produce assets for.

It's been well pointed out that the 3DS conquered the world despite being weaker than the Vita in almost every department. Let's hope the Switch gets the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,358 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

More Switch Rumors From Laura Kate Dale
    Say goodbye to friend codes and more

YouTube user OBE1plays was very intensely streaming a match of Splatoon before a well-known journalist named Laura Kate Dale began conversing with him in the YouTube chat. OBE1 proceeded to stop the stream and decide to start a Skype call with her that was then broadcasted to YouTube.

The stream lasted around an hour, and mostly consists of the the two answering questions from the YouTube chat. We rounded up all the important details below:
    • There's a record button on the left Joy-Con.
    • There will be no friend codes, DeNA is helping Nintendo with the networking.
    • The leak from Reddit user 'Genos' is fake.
    • Laura was asked if there was the possibility of Red Dead Redemption 2 or Overwatch coming to the Switch. Regarding Red Dead, she stated that there's almost no way it's going to happen due to Rockstar's relationship with Nintendo. She assures that Overwatch wouldn't be there at launch, and the two stated that it would require a massively overhauled port due to the 'always-online' nature of the title.
    • Don't expect a delay for the Nintendo Switch.
    • Laura was asked about voice-chat, before she was going to answer she asked if she could say anything due to OBE1 releasing a video detailing it out soon. This basically confirmed the fact that it's going to be included, smooth move guys.
    • The system will have Bluetooth, not sure to what extent.
    • The Joy-Cons will be available to be purchased separately at launch date. Docks will be purchasable after 6 months and will be 'cheap'.
    • There won't be a bundle that includes the Pro Controller, they will be purchaseable seperately.
    • The battery will last around 3 hours with everything at maximum.
    • The charging port is USB and will easily and quickly charge the system.
    • Only expect three virtual console Gamecube games at launch, they will be optimized for their original resolutions.
    • At launch there will only be one color of the Switch, and it will be the default grey. However, there's a slight chance that there will be multiple colors after launch.
    • The right Joy-Con has an IR pointer akin to the Wiimote, this will allow touch-screen functionalities while docked.
    • The entry bundle for the switch will have 32GB of onboard storage, Micro SD card support will extend to 128 GB.
    • When asked about Mass Effect Andromeda, she brought up the point that Mass Effect 3 sold horrendously on Wii U and that there are no plans to release the title.

Be careful of believing these rumors; while they're very founded and Laura Kate Dale has been right before, Nintendo has still said nothing and won't until mid-January.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/12/more_switch_rumors_from_laura_kate_dale

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11ICkaJmMO4

• Advertisement

What's up with Nintendo and their relationship with Rockstar?
    The last things Rockstar did for the company were Bully and Table Tennis on the Wii.
    I wasn't aware there was drama

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement