Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not The Trivial things that make you happy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Shint0

Great story, McChubbin. Delighted she's doing and looking so well. JRTs Rock!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,860 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Think we are all TH that your dog is happy again :)

TH I got to thank one of Mam of 4's posts because she never seems to post too often in threads I follow but I can always feel her comforting presence around. TH for Irish Mammies.

Shint0 wrote: »
    TH I got to thank one of Mam of 4's posts because she never seems to post too often in threads I follow but I can always feel her comforting presence around. TH for Irish Mammies.

Shint0 , thank you :o

My(not so) TH is that your post has brightened my evening and made me feel better about myself, thank you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Shint0 wrote: »

TH too with this. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

When my youngest dog (mamas boy) comes trotting inside, pops his front paws up on my knee, stretches up to lick my face and then jumps back down and trots off. He's after doing it three times already. My heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

The internet guy finally came to install the internet... 1 month later. But now I don't have to sit around and wait for him all day because he was actually early!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

I had a lovely day off in the garden reading my book:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I'm watching Little Shop of Horrors with my boyfriend's sister. I've never seen it before but I am loving it!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Standing out at the gate in the moonlight tonight, gazing at the stars and listening to the sea. :)

Mam of 4 wrote: »

Not so much Chitty Chitty (the Childcatcher still gives me nightmares), but I love D van D! Mary Poppins was one of my favourites and still is, and one of the big treats of being off school sick was catching Diagnosis Murder in the afternoons. :)

I can't believe he's over 90!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Spent the last 3 hours listening to music, drinking wine and shooting the breeze with the Mammy. Nice way to spend the evenings, particularly as she used to be a radio DJ in the 80s and we put together a huge playlist of songs for dancing around the kitchen.
    Good times!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Like having the occasional Lucozade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Bring unable to sleep at night because of trying to decide on a decision I need to make. Then the other person in the house wakes up and unknowningly helps you realise your answer within minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

When you need an electrician, plumber to come and do a job in the house, and they come at the appointed time! :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Not really trivial but I have the best friends in the world! I'm a lucky lucky person :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,137 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

A new pair of jeans that fit perfectly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭gifted

A sausage rasher and egg sandwich. ....go on you know you want one as well...lol

Just been told I'm going to have a baby son. And it, surprisingly, is really trivial; all the 21-week scan vitals look well, which is obviously the important thing.

Those new scan machines are amazingly detailed!

• Advertisement

Congrats, Fuarnach to you and your OH :)

Just been told I'm going to have a baby son. And it, surprisingly, is really trivial; all the 21-week scan vitals look well, which is obviously the important thing.

Those new scan machines are amazingly detailed!

Congrats.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Spudgun

it was a sunny day and I was off work :D

Just realized I had two only two slices of bread. I am delighted as I can now have more slices tonight.:)

A woman I have never met (long story) cooked dinner for me today and has done another big favour for me in the past. TH about the kindness and generosity of strangers or people I have yet to meet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

Persuading someone you care about and is reluctant to leave the house cos they are feeling down out for coffee and hearing them laugh (while having coffee not at the suggestion) :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Just started to do the Xmas shopping this week! Got my mother a lovely set of Pandora earrings and now I'm trawling through Amazon searching for something fun for the stepdad. Thinking of getting him "The Aristocrats" documentary on DVD as I doubt he's seen it and he has a wickedly un-PC sense of humour. Also, my mother found an unopened bottle of Clinique Happy perfume whilst doing a clean out today and since she's not a fan of the scent, she gave it to me. I now literally haz a Happy! :D

Walked at a leisurely pace all 17.5km of the Howth-Sutton Cliff Walk (not the loop walk, which goes inland) roundtrip from Balscadden carpark in Howth to the black gate at the bottom of Shielmartin road near Sutton's Martello tower and back on the same path to Balscadden in just under 4 hours today. Stunning walk entirely on a path next to the sea with coves and beaches as well as the Baily lighthouse along the way. The greatest hidden gem in Dublin. Feel amazing after it!

That (free) S-Health app on Samsung phones is fantastically accurate for recording footsteps, distances and calories expended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Toast

Nyom

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭JumpShivers

It was my birthday yesterday

I'm considering having a slice of birthday cake and tea for breakfast. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement