Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,664 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Same happening mine, being caused by Facebook

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 15,504 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Basil3 wrote: »
    i think there's an app on the play store called aLogcat. download it, run it, and catch messenger force closing, then stop aLogcat and upload the log. There would usually be something in there that tells you what is causing the issue.

Surprised uninstalling and reinstalling didn't work. Are all your other apps up to date?

I will grab that app and give it a whirl for you.
    FrostyJim wrote: »
    Did you try reinstalling Facebook?

No,
    Only messenger
    Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Same happening mine, being caused by Facebook

Did you resolve it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Bbito3

Been having problems similar to other people in this thread. Home button doesn't function at all and straight up from the bottom of the screen over the home button to the top of the screen doesn't respond to touch generally. Sd card slot doesn't work either. Really annoying

Alogcat doenst appear to be working.
    Phone is not rooted by the way if this makes a difference.
    It is one of the ones hard to root.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Exeggcute

Have the phone almost a year. Never had an issue. Today however it has starting acting crazy. Started off with facebook app saying "Unfortunately facebook has stopped responding"

Now the phone keeps freezing, the screen is unresponsive. No apps will work.

Any ideas?

• Advertisement

Exeggcute wrote: »
    Have the phone almost a year. Never had an issue. Today however it has starting acting crazy. Started off with facebook app saying "Unfortunately facebook has stopped responding"

Any ideas?

Did you update any apps today?
    especially Messenger?
    Loads of people on google play are comp[laining with the same issue over messenger update.

Saw another update for messenger this morning so went ahead as I had nothing to lose. > Still no joy
    There was another update for facebook so I thought maybe the update is connected to both so went ahead.
    >> Still no joy and now Facebook wont work.
    Phone is starting to do all sorts of weird shutting down apps and apps not working.
    My wife has an identical phone and everything is perfect on hers. >> Did NOT do any updates yesterday.

I think maybe a factory restore is in order.
    Do you think this would resolve the issue or would I be back to square one once I have all the apps re installed?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

vectra wrote: »
    Saw another update for messenger this morning so went ahead as I had nothing to lose. > Still no joy
    There was another update for facebook so I thought maybe the update is connected to both so went ahead.
    >> Still no joy and now Facebook wont work.
    Phone is starting to do all sorts of weird shutting down apps and apps not working.
    My wife has an identical phone and everything is perfect on hers. >> Did NOT do any updates yesterday.

I think maybe a factory restore is in order.
    Do you think this would resolve the issue or would I be back to square one once I have all the apps re installed?

Thanks

Does your problem go away when you uninstall Messenger and Facebook completely?

Just a shot in the dark but would you have installed any other apps that might be causing the problem in the meantime?

No problems for me on the phone, with Facebook and Messenger up to date.

Hi.
    Haven't tried that but will.
    Home screen is not working at time s now as well. Also the phone completely freezes and am left with a blue screen.
    Have to press and hold the power button for about 30 seconds for a reboot.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

Having same problems as other people with messenger , after about 5 mins the phone says home screen isnt responding and have to restart manually , will uninstalling messenger and facebook stop this ?

• Advertisement

toonarmy1 wrote: »
    Having same problems as other people with messenger , after about 5 mins the phone says home screen isnt responding and have to restart manually , will uninstalling messenger and facebook stop this ?

Only way to find out is to try it I guess, you can always reinstall later. Couldn't hurt just to install them anyway.

Strange that its affecting home screen.

Someone could just try installing an older version of messenger from here to see if it fixes the issue:

http://www.apkmirror.com/?s=facebook+messenger&post_type=app_release&searchtype=apk

Turn off automatic play store updates to stop it from causing issues again.

kerryked wrote: »
    Only way to find out is to try it I guess, you can always reinstall later. Couldn't hurt just to install them anyway.

Not that surprising. Messenger has the ability to draw over the top of your home screen with the avatars, so could easily screw things.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

kerryked wrote: »

unInstalled them and phone going ok for 10 mins anyway which is longer than it did earlier when had to restart every 2mins

toonarmy1 wrote: »
    unInstalled them and phone going ok for 10 mins anyway which is longer than it did earlier when had to restart every 2mins

Must be Messenger update screwing things up then.

As basil suggested above, try to install an older version of Messenger which is stable on the phone, and be sure to turn off auto updates on Play store.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Someone could just try installing an older version of messenger from here to see if it fixes the issue:

http://www.apkmirror.com/?s=facebook+messenger&post_type=app_release&searchtype=apk

Turn off automatic play store updates to stop it from causing issues again.

OK
    Messenger working now again.
    Thanks for that.
    Now to find which Facebook apk works

This is the messenger apk I used as it is the one my wife has on her phone.

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/facebook-2/messenger/messenger-81-0-0-15-78-release/facebook-messenger-81-0-0-15-78-2-android-apk-download/download/

Facebook working now as well
    Used this apk
    http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/facebook-2/facebook/facebook-87-0-0-17-79-release/facebook-87-0-0-17-79-android-apk-download/download/
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭.red.

.red. wrote: »
    This was happening to me too, if I locked and unlocked the fone it would sort itself out. Certain parts of the screen were acting up too. I'd tap say, the z, and d would come up. I had to turn the fone from landscape to portrait to text or type. It was wrecking my head.
    I fished out the reciept and reset the fone to factory all set to return it and its annoyingly working fine now, albeit with only a few apps installed.

Mine started acting up again about 10mins after i wrote that post. Its gone off for repair now. Im currently using a samsung galaxy ace which could, possibly be the worst smart fone ever made. The thing is so far out of date its not even funny. It was a sh1te fone when it was new.
    Man, i miss my su6.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭phester28

vectra wrote: »
    OK
    Messenger working now again.
    Thanks for that.
    Now to find which Facebook apk works

This is the messenger apk I used as it is the one my wife has on her phone.

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/facebook-2/messenger/messenger-81-0-0-15-78-release/facebook-messenger-81-0-0-15-78-2-android-apk-download/download/

Facebook working now as well
    Used this apk
    http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/facebook-2/facebook/facebook-87-0-0-17-79-release/facebook-87-0-0-17-79-android-apk-download/download/
    Thanks

Just to say this was the only solution that currently worked. Not even the previous version released on August 2nd worked. Clean cache, uninstall, force stop etc all did not work. Looks like we will have to wait for a newer version to try again

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭europhile

What a palaver. Only finding this thread now. I've uninstalled Facebook and Messenger and am disinclined to reinstall them. Keeping my fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

I turned my phone off today and since I restarted it Facebook won't start up and it seems phone has gone a bit inckedepickle .

• Advertisement

Mine still seems to be okay after fifteen minutes.

Might try reinstalling Facebook and Messenger as per the above now.

europhile wrote: »
    What a palaver. Only finding this thread now. I've uninstalled Facebook and Messenger and am disinclined to reinstall them. Keeping my fingers crossed.
    I turned my phone off today and since I restarted it Facebook won't start up and it seems phone has gone a bit inckedepickle .
    Mine still seems to be okay after fifteen minutes.

Might try reinstalling Facebook and Messenger as per the above now.

Follow what i did above, everything working perfect since I did it.
    OH
    and turn off auto update in settings on Playstore.

Thanks.

Facebook reinstalled. Wouldn't allow me to reinstall it on the SD card though.

Thanks.

Facebook reinstalled. Wouldn't allow me to reinstall it on the SD card though.

I downloaded both files to my laptop then dumped them to dropbox and installed them on phone from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,664 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Uninstalled Facebook and messenger as it was messing up my phone, we reinstall next week to see if it gets fixed.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Uninstalled Facebook and messenger as it was messing up my phone, we reinstall next week to see if it gets fixed.

Use the method I did.
    I have zero issues since doing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Exeggcute wrote: »

Any ideas?

Identical situation here :mad:

Ive deleted facebook and messenger. Did a factory reset. Seemed to work for 20mins but as above it reverted to being unresponsive.

Also I just got a pop up saying "facebook has stopped". its an achievement given facebook isnt on the phone anymore !!!:confused:

Just tried the older version of facebook there, it wont let me install it at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭phester28

you need to enable it in the security settings. can remember the exact option but its something like allow installation from unknown sources. it should prompt you when you try to open the apk and bring you into the security settings

• Advertisement

phester28 wrote: »
    you need to enable it in the security settings. can remember the exact option but its something like allow installation from unknown sources. it should prompt you when you try to open the apk and bring you into the security settings

Not that either unfortunately. It seems to have settled down now, ive used 4 or 5 other apps without it crashing. I'll stick to my browser for facebook until this sh*t is resolved.

What an absolute cluster f*ck by facebook. I presume this is happening with other phones as well?

Advertisement