Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

neacy69 wrote: »
    Got €100 for it on eBay. Took about 3 days. Had 14 watchers.

That's good. Was there any wear/tear on it? Thinking of selling mine, how much did postage cost for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

That's good. Was there any wear/tear on it? Thinking of selling mine, how much did postage cost for it?

Yeah was very happy...
    Standard wear and tear - few patches on plastic where the colour had chipped away but the screen was perfect with no scratches.

Sent it thru work so postage was very cheap not sure how much it would be normally

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

hi i bought this phone for my wife but its asking me for an unlock code when i put her sim in.... any idea where i get this from?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

jobless wrote: »
    hi i bought this phone for my wife but its asking me for an unlock code when i put her sim in.... any idea where i get this from?

Ebay

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

what network/provider is your wife on?

• Advertisement

what network/provider is your wife on?

shes on vodafone...

Where did you buy it from? It should accept vodafone ireland sim if you bought it from a vodafone ireland shop other wise you will need to purchase an unlock code on ebay. I used this one recently

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vodafone-Smart-Ultra-6-Unlock-Codes-Worldwide-database-UK-Ireland-Portugal-etc-/291810625527?hash=item43f144c7f7:g:n24AAOSwuTxWAWgR

neacy69 wrote: »
    Where did you buy it from? It should accept vodafone ireland sim if you bought it from a vodafone ireland shop other wise you will need to purchase an unlock code on ebay. I used this one recently

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vodafone-Smart-Ultra-6-Unlock-Codes-Worldwide-database-UK-Ireland-Portugal-etc-/291810625527?hash=item43f144c7f7:g:n24AAOSwuTxWAWgR

thanks for the link...i bought from amazon

Might be locked to vodafone UK, might not work with Vodafone Ireland ... although I could be wrong, but I think if a phone is locked to VF UK a VF IE SIM wont work in it - same company, but different if you know what I mean

That was a link for the unlocking code

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Charging mine this morning then noticed it had switched off and was very hot to the touch even through the phone's cover.It won't switch on at all now or even go into recovery.Is the battery kaput? I don't have the phone very long.

zerks wrote: »
    Charging mine this morning then noticed it had switched off and was very hot to the touch even through the phone's cover.It won't switch on at all now or even go into recovery.Is the battery kaput? I don't have the phone very long.

let it cool down - then long press the power button for 15-20 seconds ... then release power button and try to turn phone on again, might just work

let it cool down - then long press the power button for 15-20 seconds ... then release power button and try to turn phone on again, might just work

Left it powered off for several hours and nothing,plugged in the charger and the led flickered like an old flourescent bulb but nothing.The phone got hot again so left it alone.Just plugged it in again and the unit heats up in the top third of the phone,within a minute or so it was warm to the touch.

Left it powered off for several hours and nothing,plugged in the charger and the led flickered like an old flourescent bulb but nothing.The phone got hot again so left it alone.

oh dear - dont sound good that ...

oh dear - dont sound good that ...

Well it is back in the shop now and off for repair but according to research it will most likely be a replacement,I'll find out in a week.Back to using an old phone for now,it is stone age in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭hogandrew

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Anybody else here with the Ultra 6 having issues with the screen?

I love the phone, its great but over the last few weeks, marks started appearing on the outside of the screen, well the marks are under the screen around the edges and getting worse and there is no touch now where the marks are, which makes the phone hard to use.

Linked are some pics:
    http://i.imgur.com/HRVT2ZI.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/p2Rja4O.jpg

I saw someone else with the exact same issue on the VF forums, but they kept crashing when I tried to post there.

The same thing has happened on my phone. First I lost the use of the letter p, then q and now very little of the screen works, same pattern around the edges. The problem is that I dropped the phone a few months back and there is a crack to the back cover. Am I likely to be able to point out that this seems to be a manufacturing fault as it seems reasonably common or will they just blame it on the fall?

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

Bluetooth stopped working on my phone last week and today WiFi stopped working. I tried a factory reset, but that didn't make a difference. Has anyone else had these issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

hogandrew wrote: »
    The same thing has happened on my phone. First I lost the use of the letter p, then q and now very little of the screen works, same pattern around the edges. The problem is that I dropped the phone a few months back and there is a crack to the back cover. Am I likely to be able to point out that this seems to be a manufacturing fault as it seems reasonably common or will they just blame it on the fall?

Same thing with mine.
    Returned it under warranty 2.5 weeks ago.
    They keep updating me that they are waiting for spare parts to repair.

I don't think they would be able to blame the fell and crack on back cover as a reason for faulty screen, as my phone never fell and screen went anyway. So one surely doesn't have anything to do with the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

I bought mine on PAYG last October. In the last month, its heating up in the top 1/3 and the battery is failing also. Does anyone know whether Vodafone fit new batteries to these or is there an afetrmarket solution?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭fergpie

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Have to find myself a replacement handset now as they had none in store, so will be sending it for repairs tomorrow or thursday.

It does appear to be poor build quality, the lad in the store tried to say it was moisture damage, I told him it wasn't and said it was a common issue with them, said I seen a few people online with the issue. All 3 of us. ;)

I'm having the same problem myself with the 'cloudiness' around the screen edges and the letter A on the keyboard not working. That makes 4 of us :-)

Which Vodafone store did you return it to? Just so I can say I know of other who had the same problem and returned it to X store...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭clickhere

CiniO wrote: »
    Same thing with mine.
    Returned it under warranty 2.5 weeks ago.
    They keep updating me that they are waiting for spare parts to repair.

I don't think they would be able to blame the fell and crack on back cover as a reason for faulty screen, as my phone never fell and screen went anyway. So one surely doesn't have anything to do with the other.
    Starting to have a problem with the screen now myself, the button in the left hand corner for backing out of apps doesn't respond. It's just over a year old, does anyone know what the warranty is on the phone. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭.red.

clickhere wrote: »
    Starting to have a problem with the screen now myself, the button in the left hand corner for backing out of apps doesn't respond. It's just over a year old, does anyone know what the warranty is on the phone. Thanks.

This was happening to me too, if I locked and unlocked the fone it would sort itself out. Certain parts of the screen were acting up too. I'd tap say, the z, and d would come up. I had to turn the fone from landscape to portrait to text or type. It was wrecking my head.
    I fished out the reciept and reset the fone to factory all set to return it and its annoyingly working fine now, albeit with only a few apps installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Updated a few aqpps this morning, Including Messenger ( facebook )
    Now I am constantly getting the message
    "Unfortunately Messenger has stopped"
    Anyone else getting this?

Do you reckon there were different batches of SU6's made - only some seememed to be able to be rooted fine and easily and it kept after reboot and others (like me) lost root after each reboot and had to do extra steps to install custom recovery and superuser to keep root after boot. And then some people having this fogginess and unresponsive parts f the screen , I never had that with mine. - just makes me wonder did they maybe bring out different versions/revisions of the SU6 maybe?

vectra wrote: »
    Updated a few aqpps this morning, Including Messenger ( facebook )
    Now I am constantly getting the message
    "Unfortunately Messenger has stopped"
    Anyone else getting this?

Try settings > apps > Messenger > clear cache and data
    Do you reckon there were different batches of SU6's made - only some seememed to be able to be rooted fine and easily and it kept after reboot and others (like me) lost root after each reboot and had to do extra steps to install custom recovery and superuser to keep root after boot. And then some people having this fogginess and unresponsive parts f the screen , I never had that with mine. - just makes me wonder did they maybe bring out different versions/revisions of the SU6 maybe?

Virtually every device made has different batches, different suppliers for different parts etc etc.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Try settings > apps > Messenger > clear cache and data

Tried that, > No joy.
    Uninstalled messenger and reinstalled it > Still no joy.

Tried that, > No joy.

Do you know how to do a logcat?

Basil3 wrote: »
    Do you know how to do a logcat?

No,
    But I am a good listener :D

No,
    But I am a good listener :D

i think there's an app on the play store called aLogcat. download it, run it, and catch messenger force closing, then stop aLogcat and upload the log. There would usually be something in there that tells you what is causing the issue.

Surprised uninstalling and reinstalling didn't work. Are all your other apps up to date?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,764 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Tried that, > No joy.

Did you try reinstalling Facebook?

Advertisement