Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 brides!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 curlywurlyash

just looking for advice around the cost. We have been quoted 600 for our minister, and we have to pay the venue 300 to get married on site. I just feel that this is quite steep. I guess its just my parents are quoting the price of the church and priest. 900 is a lot of money to pay for the ceremony. Can I ask what other people are paying?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Ms O'Bumble would probably be able to let you know well if this is a catholic mass, is it? Or is it a humanist or civil

• Registered Users Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

just looking for advice around the cost. We have been quoted 600 for our minister, and we have to pay the venue 300 to get married on site. I just feel that this is quite steep. I guess its just my parents are quoting the price of the church and priest. 900 is a lot of money to pay for the ceremony. Can I ask what other people are paying?

We are paying 500 for our Humanist but thats it - no charge from the venue. You need to add in the 200 for the registration also!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭emzibob

We are having local church with parish priest and it's 170 for the ceremony and then a donation to the sacristy

Yes it does sound mad, I am going with a humanist or celtic priest or the church for this price..

Even €300 for the on site marriage seems steep... Is it very out or soemthing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ms.Sunshine

My venue had a showcase this evening, had the room fully draped, fancy lace tablecloths, fancy table arrangements... Loved it all! €1500 for draping & fairy light backdrop, my budget is going out the window!

Would you mind letting me know what company is doing the draping?? I love the effect it has on a room

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

We booked our venue today! It wasn't at all what we planned, but when we went to view it it was perfect and just felt like it was the one. Roll on October 2016 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Same as-for both the celebrant and venue! Wasn't much of a choice left for our date for a celebrant so we took what we could get.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Would you mind letting me know what company is doing the draping?? I love the effect it has on a room

This is the company the hotel uses, I haven't dealt with them personally. I agree really transforms a room. Saw our venue again the same with without the draping & it just seemed wrong! http://www.frogprince.ie/pipe-drape/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Belfast sample sale - August 2nd, 2015

Hello all!

Is anyone going to the sample sale in Belfast on Sunday? I've had a bit of a nightmare finding a dress, I am a size 14/16 and I've been to a few bridal shops and can't find anything passable.

Has anyone been to one of the sample sales in Belfast? Any tips? Is it worth my while?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

We booked these for sparkle dance floor and draping and uplighting for the whole room for €1200. It was at a wedding fair so may have been cheaper.

http://www.sparkledancefloors.com/

MIN2511 wrote: »

Hello all!

Is anyone going to the sample sale in Belfast on Sunday? I've had a bit of a nightmare finding a dress, I am a size 14/16 and I've been to a few bridal shops and can't find anything passable.

Has anyone been to one of the sample sales in Belfast? Any tips? Is it worth my while?

Really depends on where you live to be honest. If its not too far then maybe but if its a 2 day camel journey then no it wouldnt be.

If it is any good to MIN2511 you could look into having one made.. Was left very unimpressed by the wedding dresses trying them on. Didn't even go wow to any of them. So went to a dress maker instead

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Good evening ladies, I am based in Dublin city centre. So far I've been to Bertex, Alexanders and Oxfam.

I would love to have my dress made... Milly - which dressmaker did you go to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭stickybookmark

Good evening ladies, I am based in Dublin city centre. So far I've been to Bertex, Alexanders and Oxfam.

I would love to have my dress made... Milly - which dressmaker did you go to?

hers was in Cork i think min.
    where is the wedding dress oxfam in dublin? i'm thinking of donating my wedding dress to there

Yep his a Cork based man so perhaps would not suit Perryman..

If you were willing to travel a little the place in Kilkenny was about the only store I thought had nice dresses they had a great selection of them and the girls were lovely Jeutonic. They let you walk around and pick what you like and they will also advise but they aren't pushy

Hello all!

Im the same size and have been to Bridal Outlet in Baldoyle - plenty to try on and lovely staff. Fiona Todhunter in Tallaght - fab dresses and lovely girls. Have picked a dress in both shops so will be revisiting to finalise!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Macphaid

Hi guys new to this thread and planning from abroad, so I can imagine this will be my bible for the next while!
    Proposed to in June, and wedding in July (venue already booked!).
    Looking at Swing bands at the mo, with a kinda frank sintara but yet a Johnny Cash feel to them ! ! Love the old and the new together. Anyone got any recommendations.

Tempted to get a swing/jazzy band for the drinks reception but am I greedy.. I won't want to go away for my photos then cos I'll want to listen to them!! HAHA! Help :-) Do like the acoustic too but 'the Hitmen' were booked out for our date.

Thanks b2b's!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Macphaid

Hi guys new to this thread and planning from abroad, so I can imagine this will be my bible for the next while!
    Proposed to in June, and wedding in July 2016(venue already booked!).
    Looking at Swing bands at the mo, with a kinda frank sintara but yet a Johnny Cash feel to them ! ! Love the old and the new together. Anyone got any recommendations.

Tempted to get a swing/jazzy band for the drinks reception but am I greedy.. I won't want to go away for my photos then cos I'll want to listen to them!! HAHA! Help :-) Do like the acoustic too but 'the Hitmen' were booked out for our date.

Thanks b2b's!

Macphaid wrote: »
    I won't want to go away for my photos then cos I'll want to listen to them!!
    Thanks b2b's!

Welcome and congrats!! Just a word of caution on 'going away for photos' - if you are planning on heading off somewhere to have them taken. My sis got married last year and the photographer took the bridal party off to get some different shots. We were gone 2 hours! :eek: It was bloody freezing and everyone was back at the hotel wondering where on earth we had gone!! Make sure you have it planned well!

• Advertisement

michellie wrote: »
    We booked these for sparkle dance floor and draping and uplighting for the whole room for €1200. It was at a wedding fair so may have been cheaper.

http://www.sparkledancefloors.com/

Emailed them there & they quoted €1700 (includes dancefloor) :( It must be a bigger room or something...

Emailed them there & they quoted €1700 (includes dancefloor) :( It must be a bigger room or something...

big difference..But as I said it was at a wedding fair so maybe that's why we got such a good deal!

Eeekk exactly one year to go for us now!! :):)

michellie wrote: »
    big difference..But as I said it was at a wedding fair so maybe that's why we got such a good deal!

Eeekk exactly one year to go for us now!! :):)

This time next year you'll be getting into the dress!!

Might hold off & go to a few fairs so!!

I know!! I keep saying "this time next year...." All day long :)

I booked my first wedding dress shop yesterday for next month! Im so nervous about trying on dresses, what if I look awful in everything.. And i'm super pale, so worried that I will just end up blending in with the dress :lol:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

I booked my first wedding dress shop yesterday for next month! Im so nervous about trying on dresses, what if I look awful in everything.. And i'm super pale, so worried that I will just end up blending in with the dress :lol:

I can't even think about a dress until March or April next year at the earliest - and I'm getting married the following September! Talk about cutting it fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

You won't. Trust me. You will find a few that you will look fab in. It's all about finding your style. I found my style nearly straight away and the dress I have picked was my very first dress that I tried on. Just enjoy the experience and try on loads of different styles, even if you think it wouldn't suit as you will be surprised as the one you think won't suit could be fab on you.

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    I can't even think about a dress until March or April next year at the earliest - and I'm getting married the following September! Talk about cutting it fine!

We set our date for October, so I'm way too early :P I wanted to start looking now because I want to get a rough idea for budget purposes and also I'm a complete dressaholic and this is going to be ultimate dress shopping... I'm too excited to wait any longer :o

We set our date for October, so I'm way too early :P I wanted to start looking now because I want to get a rough idea for budget purposes and also I'm a complete dressaholic and this is going to be ultimate dress shopping... I'm too excited to wait any longer :o

Never too early, ours isn't til next November & bought mine last Halloween!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I bought my dress in March 2014 for May this year - never too early if you see the right dress!

Advertisement