Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One plus one owners thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Xposed isn't a ROM, it's a kernel that opens up lots of customisations, settings and tweaks to save battery. You can install Xposed with Cyanogen or Oxygen.

I'm running the Exodus ROM, with Xposed. Exodus is based on Cyanogen, very stable, very fast and light on battery

Hey, would you mind linking to where you got Xposed?
    I used to use it back in my N5 / Kitkat days.
    But Xposed became a cluster fcuk after the switch to ART :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,855 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I've had my OnePlus One for nearly two months, and I'm having a problem with wi-fi. It's randomly disconnected from the wi-fi point when it's asleep, and I have it set to keep wi-fi on during sleep. It's happened far more frequently at work than at home, so I think it may be that the modem is disconnecting from the phone rather than the other way around.

naughtb4 wrote: »
    I think Exodus was the one I was meant to say. Easy enough to install?

Asked the same question about a week back....got completely ignored too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Asked the same question about a week back....got completely ignored too.

I never installed it but from all the different Android phones I had and all the different ROM's I used to try out, they are all the same to install. First get a custom Recovery and then Flash the ROM, simples.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Hey, would you mind linking to where you got Xposed?
    I used to use it back in my N5 / Kitkat days.
    But Xposed became a cluster fcuk after the switch to ART :)

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/guide-xposed-framework-for-lollipop-alpha.276212/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

Easy enough just follow the steps exactly!

Unlocking bootloader:
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/guide-oneplus-one-how-to-unlock-bootloader-install-custom-recovery-and-root.64487/

Exodus ROM with instructions:
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/rom-5-1-1-r8-official-ota-exodus-android-lollipop.278548/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Phone lost its charge this morning and even though it says charging on lock screen, it hasn't charged, any ideas on what i should do? Thinking of factory reset

Mc Love wrote: »
    Phone lost its charge this morning and even though it says charging on lock screen, it hasn't charged, any ideas on what i should do? Thinking of factory reset

Had it charging with a BB charger and it was giving me a time of +6 hours to charge, plugged in the opo charger and its at 9% and little under 2 hours to be fully charged

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Mc Love wrote: »
    Had it charging with a BB charger and it was giving me a time of +6 hours to charge, plugged in the opo charger and its at 9% and little under 2 hours to be fully charged
    The standard BlackBerry charger is only 0.8A or so and is not powerful enough to charge a OnePlus One (the BlackBerry Playbook one is 2.1A output though)

• Advertisement

Its strange as its always powered it perfectly before.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭dubmess

Any idea why Google Play Services should be using up so much data on my phone? I'm on 'unlimited' data so it's not a huge issue, but is probably causing some battery drain whatever it's up to.

I had stopped Play Services from waking in Privacy Guard but re-enabled as I was getting constant pop-ups telling me play services had stopped.

yd7wX0dh.png

• Registered Users Posts: 33,790 ✭✭✭✭listermint

dubmess wrote: »
    Any idea why Google Play Services should be using up so much data on my phone? I'm on 'unlimited' data so it's not a huge issue, but is probably causing some battery drain whatever it's up to.

I had stopped Play Services from waking in Privacy Guard but re-enabled as I was getting constant pop-ups telling me play services had stopped.

yd7wX0dh.png

Is that not you downloading apps initially ???

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭dubmess

listermint wrote: »
    Is that not you downloading apps initially ???

In the last month I really don't think I've downloaded that much, I've had the phone for about 5 months now and stick with certain stock apps for the most part, but I'll certainly check it out, thanks for the idea anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Check settings in play store and see if apps are set to auto update over wifi only.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Omeceron

Has anyone had any isses with the front LED light? Mine works but is very faint, I can only see it when Im in a dark room.

I have tried an app called light flow but it didnt fix it.

Im using exodus and xposed.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Meanaspie

So I recently switched on the location history for my device (handy for trying to figure out where I was was on certain days) almost as soon as I switch it on I start getting the old google play services has stopped working literally 2 - 3 times a minute. If I swtich off location history it stops. So my problem is I'd like ot use location history but obviously I can't be working with getting the crash every 20seconds.

Any suggestions?

Meanaspie wrote: »
    So I recently switched on the location history for my device (handy for trying to figure out where I was was on certain days) almost as soon as I switch it on I start getting the old google play services has stopped working literally 2 - 3 times a minute. If I swtich off location history it stops. So my problem is I'd like ot use location history but obviously I can't be working with getting the crash every 20seconds.

Any suggestions?

Are you preventing wakelocks in Privacy Guard?

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Meanaspie

frantic190 wrote: »
    Are you preventing wakelocks in Privacy Guard?

I assume you mean when I go to advanced settings in privacy guard and then what I haven't allowed google play services to do? If that's the case then yeah I was preventing them, though I thought that was to prevent battery drain? I'll give it a go with them allowed and see how the battery goes and if I get the crashes still

Meanaspie wrote: »
    I assume you mean when I go to advanced settings in privacy guard and then what I haven't allowed google play services to do? If that's the case then yeah I was preventing them, though I thought that was to prevent battery drain? I'll give it a go with them allowed and see how the battery goes and if I get the crashes still

Yeah that's what is probably causing it! I stopped using Privacy Guard and the crashes went away. I use a mixture of the Exodus ROM and Greenify now to improve my battery life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭VandC

Anybody having issues opening "themes" in the settings menu? If you did and managed to fix it, how did you do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Just a reminder that the OP2 is due for release this Monday at 3pm Irish time..

Doesn't seem to be any info (That I can find) on how to get invites, or whether previous customers will get priority..

Danger781 wrote: »

Doesn't seem to be any info (That I can find) on how to get invites, or whether previous customers will get priority..

I thought it was just being announced/revealed, not being released? I presume they will go more in-depth during the launch on how to get one aswell!

Also:
    https://blog.oneplus.net/2015/07/the-oneplus-2-invite-system-new-and-improved/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Danger781 wrote: »

Announced or released?
    Early forum members get priority I've heard that.

oops I must have misread the article :D

Reservation list has been opened!

Referral link - If you use my referral I get pushed up the queue slightly. I'm not earning anything else.
    https://oneplus.net/invites?kid=6G26G

Non-referral link:
    https://oneplus.net/invites

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭bobbly

Hi Lads,

Was taking out my sim card earlier and when I put it back in and turned on phone it came up with different boot options. I accidentally hit what I think was called on the lines of boot from cache, now it has a black screen with a load of scrolling text for example 'moving block 8' etc. Any ideas what this is and how long its going to take? Been going nearly 2 hours now.

Cheers in advance...

EDIT : Came right after 10 hours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Mechanical Clocktail

Guys I have no idea so maybe someone could tell me if this phone will be back in stock on the Oneplus website anytime soon?

I'm in the market for a new phone and the Oneplus seems like great value. There's a new one coming out at some point and then there's the Ultra 6 from Vodafone. So I'm circling between these. I'd be happy to put in an order for the white +1, it looks like a good phone. But no stock.. what's the story with these guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Mitekey

A head ups if you bought the OPO in the last few weeks. Some of the models have been shipping with a developers build of CM 11 which will not receive OTA updates (probably the end of stock). If you want updates, you'll need to manually downgrade it to 05Q and they will show up. Tutorial here:

forums.oneplus.net/threads/xnf9xbs28k-ota-updates.315441/

I've got one here with Cyanaogen 11.0-XNF9XBS28K, build KTU84Q, (March 2015). Only problem now is that this build is solid as hell. 2 days battery, no random reboots, no touchscreen issues, no hot phone. So I'm still debating keeping it until 12.1 shows up as I've heard too many Lollipop horror stories.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

Mitekey wrote: »
    A head ups if you bought the OPO in the last few weeks. Some of the models have been shipping with a developers build of CM 11 which will not receive OTA updates (probably the end of stock). If you want updates, you'll need to manually downgrade it to 05Q and they will show up. Tutorial here:

forums.oneplus.net/threads/xnf9xbs28k-ota-updates.315441/

I've got one here with Cyanaogen 11.0-XNF9XBS28K, build KTU84Q, (March 2015). Only problem now is that this build is solid as hell. 2 days battery, no random reboots, no touchscreen issues, no hot phone. So I'm still debating keeping it until 12.1 shows up as I've heard too many Lollipop horror stories.

My phone is the same got it about 3 weeks ago, its been lasting 2 days and running lovely I havent been arsed to change anything yet.

Advertisement