Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 3 ***Updated Mod Note Post 1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭hurler on de ditch

Tipp 3.19 Wat 0'17 i think

• Registered Users Posts: 37,781 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Tipperary 2-23- Waterford 0-12

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭seananigans

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Tipperary 2-23- Waterford 0-12

in 6 games we have only conceded 1 goal from play try again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Tipp 2-16
    Waterford 19 points

The Tipperary Senior Hurling Team to play Waterford Sunday is
    1 Darren Gleeson
    2 Paddy Stapelton
    3 Conor O Mahony
    4 Conor O Brien
    5 Michael Breen
    6 Paudie Maher
    7 Ronan Maher
    8 James Woodlock
    9 Shane McGrath
    10 John O Dwyer
    11 Brendan Maher
    12 Jason Forde
    13 Seamus Callanan
    14 Patrick Maher
    15 Nial O Meara.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Going to the match tomorrow have to say i thought 15 quid was great value for two league semi finals. I think with the system we play we won't be blown out of the water but i predict Tipp to win by 5-6 points in the end, 1-15 2-18 type score

Going to the match tomorrow have to say i thought 15 quid was great value for two league semi finals. I think with the system we play we won't be blown out of the water but i predict Tipp to win by 5-6 points in the end, 1-15 2-18 type score

reckon they will avoid the goal like cork did in the replay last year, try and make space and score from midfeld, hopefully we dont let them do what cork did

reckon they will avoid the goal like cork did in the replay last year, try and make space and score from midfeld, hopefully we dont let them do what cork did

Midfield is one area I view Waterford could potentially match tipp
    It won't be one way traffic there....if it goes to a shoot out from midfield it could be brilliant

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 160 ✭✭crottys lake

I would be hopeful that unlike some posters that Waterford will win. I expect a full blooded encounter ,a sort of Championship feel to the game. We are very strong in every position and can match them in skill also. I think our tackling and workrate is slightly better than them at the moment. Tom Devine might be the key man late on in the game. Waterford 1 -17 Tipperary 0-15.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭The blue blaa

I would be hopeful that unlike some posters that Waterford will win. I expect a full blooded encounter ,a sort of Championship feel to the game. We are very strong in every position and can match them in skill also. I think our tackling and workrate is slightly better than them at the moment. Tom Devine might be the key man late on in the game. Waterford 1 -17 Tipperary 0-15.

Devine doesnt start so we wont be seeing him til late on, I'm looking forward to see exactly what level we are at, Tipp in my eyes have undoubtedly the best panel in the championship losing only Eoin Kelly from their All Ireland losing panel and i much rather see our fullback line threatened by Callinan & co. now then going into munster championship blind sided and gettin nailed. Being entirely honest and not meaning to sound negative i would worry that we're not scoring goals, and the age old saying "Goals win games" could haunt us tomorrow. I feel points will not be enough to overcome such a potent Tipp forward line and we need to nab at least one goal to be in with a chance of snatching the win and thats where Stephen Bennett comes in and hopefully he's gettin sharper since the galway game 3 weeks ago.

Wonder will we see the new penalty tomorrow??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭stumblingblock

More like you hope. Just so you can tell us all i told you so

More like you hope. Just so you can tell us all i told you so
    suppose you missed most of the other predictions only mine ,like all Waterford supporters i am hoping that we win the game ,but my head says that playing the system that we have and whenever we play that system come the really big games we concede quiet a few scores,i hope we win like everyone else going there or watching it on TV,for anyone to suggest that i hope we lose just so i can go on to a meaningless web site and say i told you so to a bunch of people that i don't even know is ridiculous even by some of the things that have been posted here ,i would love come 5,30 or there abouts to post here saying ,well i got that horribly wrong ,up the deise ,here's to a one point win

• Registered Users Posts: 6 out west 12

Ah here lads, I've been reading this ****e for an awful long time, show some courage, think we'll do it by today, don't care if it's 1 point or 10, we have a good confident team, they wouldn't fear Tipp

in 6 games we have only conceded 1 goal from play try again?
    who were those teams again ?

Fcuk the squabbling!!!

Away off to kk we go :D:D :

Up the deise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭stumblingblock

who were those teams again ?

Galway, limerick and wexford were 3. No mean teams. All who would have been ranked above us at the beginning of the year. Offaly have shane dooley, one of the most lethal goal getters in the game on his day. I understand some supporters are cautious and afraid to get ahead of themselves. But christ dont be afraid to give credit where its due either.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭The blue blaa

1. Stephen O’Keeffe Ballygunner

2. Shane Fives Tourin
    3. Barry Coughlan Ballygunner
    4. Noel Connors Passage

5. Tadhg de Búrca Clashmore Kinsalebeg
    6. Austin Gleeson Mount S ion
    7. Philip Mahony Ballygunner

8. Jamie Barron Fourmilewater
    10. Kevin Moran De La Salle

14. Michael Walsh Stradbally
    11. Pauric Mahony Ballygunner
    12. Jake Dillon De La Salle

13. Brian O’Halloran Clashmore Kinsalebeg
    19 . Stephen Bennett Ballysaggart
    15. Colin Dunford Colligan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Best of luck to the lads today

Up the Deise

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

Hugely worryingly signs from Waterford so far
    Yes it early yet but I think even with weak team tipp have too much for Waterford
    Early yet but tactic Waterford is need change
    Good test mcgrath now see can he in ist real test imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

1. Stephen O’Keeffe Ballygunner

2. Shane Fives Tourin
    3. Barry Coughlan Ballygunner
    4. Noel Connors Passage

5. Tadhg de Búrca Clashmore Kinsalebeg
    6. Austin Gleeson Mount S ion
    7. Philip Mahony Ballygunner

8. Jamie Barron Fourmilewater
    10. Kevin Moran De La Salle

14. Michael Walsh Stradbally
    11. Pauric Mahony Ballygunner
    12. Jake Dillon De La Salle

13. Brian O’Halloran Clashmore Kinsalebeg
    19 . Stephen Bennett Ballysaggart
    15. Colin Dunford Colligan
    I missed the first 20 mins.... did O'Halloran start?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭TyrionPower

The lads are hurling well but I think we are selling ourselves short with this system... We have Damn good hurlers I think if we have more than one forward inside the 45 we can do it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

Go on Maurice

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭archieknox

Hugely worryingly signs from Waterford so far
    Yes it early yet but I think even with weak team tipp have too much for Waterford
    Early yet but tactic Waterford is need change
    Good test mcgrath now see can he in ist real test imo

???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭TyrionPower

Kevin Moran was a colossus

Well done lads, some heart, some work rate.

I am this systems biggest doubter, but well done to Derek McGrath!

In the league final I can't believe it!

Some dress rehearsal for the Cork v Waterford championship!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

Great stuff altogether! Well done Waterford! Well done Derek McGrath!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

O Riain wrote: »
    Great stuff altogether! Well done Waterford! Well done Derek McGrath!!

This time last year: Derek McGrath out!! No good for Waterford, putting us back.

We are them so called supporters this year?
    Great result today

STIG83 wrote: »
    This time last year: Derek McGrath out!! No good for Waterford, putting us back.

Great result today

Leave the squabbling for today

Great result....fcuk the begruders

And still room for improvement after beating the best team in the country

Great result today

I never called for his head but I can tell you I wasn't happy last year. I'm delighted to be proven wrong and I'd take us winning and be proven wrong any day. Well done Derek!

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Ropaire

Great result today

Right here, I'm a waterford man and not a derek man ya lick. I don't care who is in charge as long as we're going in the right direction and last year we were most definitely not going in the right direction. Some fight in that team now, Maurice was excellent! Not sure we really need to be going the Tyrone football route what with the swarming and harrassing the man with the ball and dropping hurls to go Sean Cavanaghing men down when their in on goal though. In the 00's we were the peoples champions, we won't get many plaudits playing like this but as long as we're winnin.

• Advertisement

Ropaire wrote: »
    Right here, I'm a waterford man and not a derek man ya lick. I don't care who is in charge as long as we're going in the right direction and last year we were most definitely not going in the right direction. Some fight in that team now, Maurice was excellent! Not sure we really need to be going the Tyrone football route what with the swarming and harrassing the man with the ball and dropping hurls to go Sean Cavanaghing men down when their in on goal though. In the 00's we were the peoples champions, we won't get many plaudits playing like this but as long as we're winnin.

The thing is we are playing good hurling too. We took some lovely scores and our fielding is the best its been in years. The lads are working hard, hooking, blocking and chasing back everywhere. I enjoyed that display today not just because we won but because there was actually a bit of class to it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement