Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

be stong

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

I cancelled after being with them for almost 7 years and having being paying 50% for the last 9 Months.

They wouldnt match the 50% deal I was on so I spat the dummy and cancelled.

They havent called yet, am I looking at a Skyless future? Should I be strong?

Is your username your actual name? and perhaps the name on the Sky account?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭randombar

my friend wrote: »
    Is your username your actual name? and perhaps the name on the Sky account?

Yes I'm guessing sky are all over this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭CBRLizzie

I got a leaflet in the door today offering me half price for 9 months. Cancelled in August. I'm actually enjoying life with limited TV, don't feel like I'm missing anything :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

Vego wrote: »
    I have a different "address" etc under my name but same bank details (under wife's name )and the house would have a dish ....chances of getting the cpw deal ?

worked perfect for me! I used same address (though there is no door number!) and same bank details just changed to the wife's name. got the variety/HD and sports PLUS the tablet :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

MoodeRator wrote: »
    worked perfect for me! I used same address (though there is no door number!) and same bank details just changed to the wife's name. got the variety/HD and sports PLUS the tablet :)

Tis ok I got sorted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Right so i need some advice please. I have been a full package holder with sky for the last 18 years. I have a multiroom box also a broadband subscription with them too. My tv package is out of contract but my bb is under contract till 11th Nov.

I currently pay around €160 per month for all this. I rang on thurs and said for such a longterm customer they should be trying to offer me something for my length of loyalty. I was offered €27 off my monthly bill which i think is a very poor offer. I said id think about it.

I rang again today to give a months notice of cancellation. I was offered €21 off which i refused again. Then i was put on hold while the agent spoke to his "manager" and was offered €27 again. I refused and confirmed my months notice of cancellation. The sky agent said i wouldn't be rung about any offers within the month and i said fair enough.

Do they ring back does anyone know or is he bluffing also where do i see offers on my account. I see some people here saying offers of 50% were applied to their account and where would i check.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Colonial

Not quite as true any more, risky. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Colonial wrote: »
    Not quite as true any more, risky. :pac:

Well, in my case I cancelled last October. I have got offers every 2nd month. Just yesterday I got their latest offer through the letterbox offering 50% off for 9 months. Thats a step-down from their earlier missives which offered50% off for 12 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Sasso

Got offered this yesterday on phone, I called saying I was first time customer and wanted carphone warehouse 50% offer.

Variety bundle tv €15 per month for 12 months(normally €36pm)
    Broadband for €30 pm for 6 months then up to €40 thereafter.
    The off peak phone package as part of BB package included.

That good ???? Was thinking of asking for upgrade of phone rate to anytime package ???

Appreciate any thoughts ...

Anyone any thoughts at all on above post. Am postponing Sky callbacks and dont want to commit until get fellow boards advice, Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Got switched off on 22nd September, have not heard a thing from sky since.
    No letter/no email/no phone call of offers.

I presume something will turn up in time ? Just sit tight ?

I had been on special offers/half price with them for the past 3 years , and every time I quit them, they always hounded me with come back to sky offers.
    Very quiet this time round.

if I sign up to above will I be able to ahggle another decent deal in twelve months again ????
    Any thoughts on their broadband service ?????

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Sasso wrote: »
    Got offered this yesterday on phone, I called saying I was first time customer and wanted carphone warehouse 50% offer.

Variety bundle tv €15 per month for 12 months(normally €36pm)
    Broadband for €30 pm for 6 months then up to €40 thereafter.
    The off peak phone package as part of BB package included.

That good ???? Was thinking of asking for upgrade of phone rate to anytime package ???

Appreciate any thoughts ...
    It's the best you could expect i'd say. Less than half price tv is a great deal. On the broadband I don't think they have fibre enabled yet (told me it would be January last time I talked to them). UPC, Eircom and Vodafone would have much better speeds at the minute if your in a fibre enabled zone.

Thanks for that, due to ring me back. Dont think fibre enabled area so the BB supplier is much of muchness I suppose. Out of BB & phone contract so free to move so might just go for the all in package.#
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Sasso wrote: »
    if I sign up to above will I be able to ahggle another decent deal in twelve months again ????
    Any thoughts on their broadband service ?????

Thanks in advance
    They'll offer you 20% if you call them in 12 months to bargain. If you want a better deal you usually have to cancel and hope for a call. We recently cancelled and got someone else in the house to sign up to the Carphone warehouse deal with no issues.

Bloody bloody hell. Rang up about three days ago about this offer. All great. Then while on the phone they asked me about broadband etc saying that they could save me money. Asked them to call me back while I research etc. Turns out that I missed call yesterday. Sky rang me again today, asking about broadband. I asked them to ring me in afternoon while I discuss with family. We decide that the CPW TV only deal was best for us. Then Sky rang they said that my offer was subject to taking BB also. I said No, it wasnt because I rang about the CPW deal two days ago, when it was on offer so they should honour it, namely €15pm. They said no, I said fine, get lost . Good deals will come again no doubt with SKy.Rang CPW Greystones straight after and they said deal over two days ago !!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Colonial

andrew1977 wrote: »

I had been on special offers/half price with them for the past 3 years , and every time I quit them, they always hounded me with come back to sky offers.

They seem to be cutting people with multiple offers alright! Oo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

Has anyone cancelled as a result of Sky only having half the Heineken Cup matches now after the coverage was split between Sky & BT? Basically to be able to access all the Heineken Cup matches I now need to take out a second subscription when last year I could see all the games by just subscribing to Sky. It's not like their price has reduced as a result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,815 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

nc6000 wrote: »
    Has anyone cancelled as a result of Sky only having half the Heineken Cup matches now after the coverage was split between Sky & BT? Basically to be able to access all the Heineken Cup matches I now need to take out a second subscription when last year I could see all the games by just subscribing to Sky. It's not like their price has reduced as a result.

If you cancel you won't see any ?

Its the same for the soccer where BT are getting games as well.
    It could go one way, BT and Sky keep bidding more and more to get the rights and they pass the extra Cost onto the consumer. Bad news for us either way down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

emmetkenny wrote: »
    If you cancel you won't see any ?

Its the same for the soccer where BT are getting games as well.
    It could go one way, BT and Sky keep bidding more and more to get the rights and they pass the extra Cost onto the consumer. Bad news for us either way down the line.

I've just been looking at UPC and I can get Horizon Max with Sky Sports and Setanta\BT Sports etc for €55 per month for first 6 months. I'm currently paying Sky €100 per month and I don't get Setanta\BT. That would be another €23 from what I can tell.

So in my case switching to UPC is basically half the price of Sky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

andrew1977 wrote: »

Disconnected 29th Sept got mail today 1/2 price 9 months

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭delboy76

codie wrote: »
    Disconnected 29th Sept got mail today 1/2 price 9 months

Me too.
    Disconnected sept 15. Bulk emails sent today so.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

They seem to be cutting people with multiple offers alright! Oo

Have a half price deal maturing shortly, also have the new offer of Free HD until April.
    Waiting to see what "offer" will be coming my way.
    If it's not 50% off, I''ll be dumping them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

delboy76 wrote: »
    Me too.
    Disconnected sept 15. Bulk emails sent today so.

Yep, same here, I was disconnected 13/09 and got the 50% for 9 months email yesterday. Won't be availing of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

nc6000 wrote: »

while they may of lost exclusive h cup they now have the rights for the French top 14 which was on bt sport last year...........swings and roundabouts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Someone posted a trick awhile back for getting sky to call you. It was some request a call back. Can't seem to find it in the thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,125 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Beekay wrote: »
    Someone posted a trick awhile back for getting sky to call you. It was some request a call back. Can't seem to find it in the thread.
    http://skyireland.goldenpages.ie/

Click Free Call at the foot of the page, and then input your number.

Advertisement