Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you score in your last round?? ... 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭jokser250

Had a nightmare round yesterday , 107 in monthly medal . I hit my first shot into carpark , no damage to human or car thankfully but I should have just followed my ball and got back in the car . I could do nothing right and I even putted ball off the green in 17 th , just one of those days hopefully !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭pinkdoubleeagle

74 around Lucan Yesterday. 1 Double, Two bogies and 1 Birdie. Putting is absolutely dire. 37 Putts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭cgh

39 points around Portarlington Yesterday.
    83 Gross too so 69 Nett.
    8 pars, 8 bogies but 2 double bogies.

all in all very happy with it

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Lets see some updates in the handicap thread Galwaylad and Nozebleed ? :D
    And everyone else too ;)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057135072&page=23

76 Nett yesterday around Athlone in the last strokeplay event of the year.

The Fog was unreal and by rights, the course probably could/should have been closed. It was dangerous enough and often times you had to walk a good distance up the fairway to make sure the green was clear. On the 8th hole, i had 160 yards to the green and had to walk up to 20 yards from the green to make sure it was clear. Unreal fog!

Played pretty well, i was 3 over after 6 and could have been level par only for 3 putts that horseshoed out on me. The only real disappointment of the day was the NINE i took on the 7th hole. Hit one ball out of bounds and then with my provisional, hit it into the root of a tree and had to take a penalty drop.

Told my playing partners after that i was going to shoot +1 for the remaining 11 holes and hit a run of 7 straight pars. Missed an 18 inch putt for par on the 15th ( LOL ), parred 16,17 and bogeyed the last. So if I had made that putt on 15, i would have done exactly what i told my partners I was going to do. oh well, these things happen. :)

one good thing about finishing so well is that 9 might get readjusted to a 7, so my adjusted nett could end up being 74 which might get my handicap nibbled 0.1 or 0.2 as scoring wasn't good and lots of people retired early as I imagine the fog messed up their cards as much as anything else. If it goes 0.2, technically I will be off 4 when my handicap secretary updates the handicap list to reflect scores I brought in from society events, so i will be at my target for the year :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

40 in casual round at home on Friday off 13
    39 in casual round at home on Saturday off 13

Feeling the love. By some miracle got the pass of the Missus to play in the Sunday competition late Saturday night. Booked the only open early slot and had a feeling I could do something.

33 in competition at home on Sunday off 13.

Couldn't see your hand in front of your face for fog. Scratched the first after a hooked drive. Missed three putts from inside three feet. Starting to hook my hybrids, my go to clubs this year. Should have stayed in bed.

Worried about the hybrids now. Number one priority at the range this week.

http://golfshot.com/members/0492182300

Rikand wrote: »
    76 Nett yesterday around Athlone in the last strokeplay event of the year.

/* wall of text */

one good thing about finishing so well is that 9 might get readjusted to a 7, so my adjusted nett could end up being 74 which might get my handicap nibbled 0.1 or 0.2 as scoring wasn't good and lots of people retired early as I imagine the fog messed up their cards as much as anything else. If it goes 0.2, technically I will be off 4 when my handicap secretary updates the handicap list to reflect scores I brought in from society events, so i will be at my target for the year :D

Was cut 0.1 in the end. Standard Scratch 75 and because of Adjusted gross, i was brought under the mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

78 around Tullamore (8 over) - happy enough considering I had 2 doubles from 130 to 140 yards out. Great course - not too bad to play for your first time out - but a couple of doglegs that it would be nice to have played before.

Glad I put together a good 18 as felt it was there for me for last month. Nice finish to year - but know I have plenty more of easy shots to improve on.

Nice track tullamore and does be in Lovely condition. Nice mix of holes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

34 there today in a very windy heritage. Took me a while to get goin ha. Had a bit of a nightmare on 3 holes. Played the last 12 holes in 2 over though so was v happy with that. Might get a tiny chop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Net 71 in our medal yesterday, could have been 5 better but for some silly missed putts. Second place which now puts me leading GOTY, been a good year in the medals.

Gonna play the 1st round of the winter titliest series tomorrow, see how the pros hot the ball.

J

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,771 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

31 pts today - with Ryainer

He played a stormer - in tough conditions - he should have won it.

I had a scratch on first and last - unusual for me there.
    Had rather unbelievably - 11 Birdie putts - including easy ones on index 1 and 2.
    Made none. And actually happy with putting - most on line.

So will be back - couldn't have scored worse
    Hard out there today - enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭lester76

36pts in a gale with 2 stupid blanks had a 6 on a par3 & hitting my 2nd shot on index1 was just looking to lay it up but somehow lost it. Had a lesson yesterday hit some lovely irons close just couldn't hole any birds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

Am am today in cregmore, galway.
    Don't know where it came from after 2 rounds of 26 but had 40 today with 3 scratched. Was 1 under after 6. 1 over after 9.
    The 3 scratches came on back nine on 13,15&17.
    Putter was hot and so to was driving. Not playing for a fortnight but would gladly tee it up right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Danny dyers double

34 points in a society outing in a windy Moyvalley today .

Gutted is an understatement . I'd 21 on front 9 .
    And was flying till the 16 where I managed to scratch the last 3 holes . And what's worse 38 won it and a 36 came 2nd .

On a positive note for the first 15 holes I played the best golf I ever have .

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

44 points last Sunday on home course. Handicap cut by 4. Happy days! Now can I back it up......

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

44 points last Sunday on home course. Handicap cut by 4. Happy days! Now can I back it up......

And the answer was "no"! Ah well, the 44 stands for last week, won Presidents prize by 7. At least now I know I can do it. Really windy today. That's my excuse for this week. :) Nice to end the season on a high, anyway. May get one more good score in yet....

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

24 points in a windy slade valley. I couldn't hit the ball out of my way on the front 9 for a measly 8 points. 16 on the back including two penalty shots so was a lot happier with that.

Iron play was terrible. I may as well have been using shovels given the amount of digging I was doing.

Worst round of the year. 26 points. 4 blanks. And I don't even care lol. Had a great year, I was entitled to one awful round haha :D

twas confirmed that I finished 5th overall in the golfer of the year too. Happy enough :)

Only playing once in the next 3 weeks, im looking forward to the break ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

91 strokes in medal today. Not good enough, another 0.1 back just when I thought I was improving

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭cgh

32 points in a open fourball yesterday.
    we had 33 as a team.

tough out there yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

Played with a society in Slieve Russell in a gale on saturday ,had 28 points which in the conditions was pretty good. 32 points won on the day (71 players out)

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Surfing_Xboxer

Won my home club ( Delgany ) singles stableford comp on saturday!!!

40pts ( 78 strokes ) - knew I had this standard in me, finally seeing the results.

Cut to 12 now ..... happy out

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Slipshaney

76 strokes yesterday in Castlemartyr - happy with that in blustery conditions. 2 birdies, 11 pars, 1 double and 4 bogeys. Course in super condition to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

34 points in Slade Valley yesterday. 17 on both 9s. Second in division 4 on count back. Last of the counting competitions, 14 holes starts next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Dossy

Played Old Head Links Kinsale wednesday and oh my god what a course, amazing place....it is most certainly a Bucket List course :D

Wind was very strong, more then normal i was told so took getting used to, had to play alot if not all of my iron shots low, even made me think of playing a low chaser shot on a normal day....

Was a great day and ended up with 36pts off 12 , first time playing to 12 since getting cut and with the conditions the way there were was very happy despite missing a simple nuf Par putt on 18th to finish with 37pts

Only issue was leaving putts short again.....missed 2 birdie chances n 1 or 2 Pars by been short....pace isnt bad most of them are short few inches worst case a foot

• Registered Users Posts: 20,771 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

1 over for my back nine this morning.

Things still going well.
    Need to just up this to 18. Can see this will be a challenge . But will stick at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

36 off 5 today. Happy with that because conditions werent the easiest to be fair. Hit 11 greens but couldn't manage a single birdie which was annoying and held me back from a really good score. I couldn't say I putted badly though, I had no 3 putts and I didn't miss a single putt inside 5 feet just I didn't hole anything outside of that range either.

Still though, my ball striking and overall game was good so I can't complain at all but would have been nice to have got one last small cut before the winter rules come in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

Only a casual round but game finally clicked after two really dodgy months. Played exactly to handicap, 85 strokes off 13. Doesn't sound too exciting but trust me after the last two months this feels like a competition win! Could and should have been much better. Started with 4 pars, double, birdie, par, bogey, bogey for a +3 first nine. Ball striking was generally excellent and putter on fire. Gives me a new lease of hope again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

32 points off 17 in Mitchelstown yesterday morning. 6 points walking onto 7 so poor start with 2 scratches thrown in there.

Hadn't played much in the last month but put in 2 hours on the range Thursday evening. Really believe this is a game of constant repetition any break shags up my game completely, to the point where I honestly don't know where the ball is going to end up standing over it.

Can't imagine the hours a single handicapper puts in to get and stay there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

29pts Friday at home. Putting crisis over that last few weeks. Don't think it is just the winter conditions. Mainly a confidence thing I feel. Going to work hard on the putting over the winter.

Advertisement