Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you score in your last round?? ... 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

Wombatman wrote: »
    Last 20 off 13. Driving has improved big time. Putting and chipping going backwards mainly due to being too careless around the green.

36,36,37,39,36 points in last 5. Very happy with that.

Gort last Friday. Very nice GC. Some spectacular views.

Nice shooting, well done. You're scoring has been consistent all season and improved noticeably in the last few weeks. Winter rules coming at the wrong time!

Trying to get back to that place myself :(

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭markthespark77

42pts of 12 in portumna yesterday in showery conditions..

12 pars
    1 birdie
    4 bogies
    1 scratch( par3 fifth)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

Had a good round today in kileen, 39pts off 6. (+3 strokes). Was even par for the front 2 birdies in there. Made a shambles of the last few holes on the back..bogeys at 17& 18..little dissapointing. But all in all a good day. Just by chance happened to be playing with a fellow boardsie (ben1977) i think. Absolute gentleman.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Was also out there (Kileen) today and left a decent score behind me...Maybe. Have never driven the ball better but just wasn't at the races with wedges and on or around the greens. Incredibly sloppy.

29 points off 12 to come away delighted with my long game and disgusted with my short.

Turned with 15 points and then had my chance to bounce back on 10th but left a 30ft eagle putt short by 10ft... And walked away with par. Followed quickly by a 3 putt bogey. That was that.

My 29 points was enough to win our 3 ball though!!! The poor lads with me had a low & mid 20's off 7 & 5. Just one of those days were we all brought each other down.
    Enjoyable all the same and both lads chipped in on 18 for a 2 to make it all better (for them :))

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

32 off 17 today. A record 7 GIR, but a shockingly poor 43 putts. Couldn't get the hang of the greens after the heavy rain at all. Between that and hitting out of a bunker and into water on one hole, and taking 2 to get out of a bunker on another it was annoying.
    Single digit long game, novice short game :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

Nozebleed wrote: »
    Had a good round today in kileen, 39pts off 6. (+3 strokes). Was even par for the front 2 birdies in there. Made a shambles of the last few holes on the back..bogeys at 17& 18..little dissapointing. But all in all a good day. Just by chance happened to be playing with a fellow boardsie (ben1977) i think. Absolute gentleman.

Very tidy round and hopefully a nice little cut for you. I enjoyed the game cheers.
    A tail of 2 of halves for me. Out with very poor 11 points and back in 22. Hoping to hit the buffer. On the front 9, I was swinging like a demon. Once I slowed it down I was in more controll. Killeen is a very nice course, took a while for me to judge the speed of the greens.
    New setup has me in a spin at the moment. Over shot a good few approaches.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Last few holes in Killeen are card busters. Great score

ForeRight wrote: »
    Last few holes in Killeen are card busters. Great score

Certainly are..just checked the result and i missed out on the prizes by 2 points! Aaarrrgh..turns out 17 & 18 were my un-doing. Its a great course delighted with the round.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Played the first 3 holes in athlone this evening. Hit 3 balls off all 3 holes.

1st hole : 3 drivers into fairway. 3 8-irons onto the green. 2 birdies 1 par.

2nd hole : 3 8-irons onto green. 1 birdie 2 pars.

3rd hole : 3 drivers into fairway. 1 8-iron, 2 9-irons onto green. 3 pars.

Bodes well for the weekend!

Certainly are..just checked the result and i missed out on the prizes by 2 points! Aaarrrgh..turns out 17 & 18 were my un-doing. Its a great course delighted with the round.

Though there was a 42 or 43 out there. The ND on the golfnet shows 2, so I might have just got into the buffer. Did you get much of a cut?

• Advertisement

Ben1977 wrote: »
    Though there was a 42 or 43 out there. The ND on the golfnet shows 2, so I might have just got into the buffer. Did you get much of a cut?

Yeah cut from 5.5 to exactly 5. Although played my home course yesterday and had a stinker! 5.1. Happy with progress this year..consistant. ill have to join the rest of you boardsies for a day out next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

38 points today , played really solidly only one scratch from losing the flight of the ball in the early morning fog.

5 pars
    6 bogies
    5 doubles
    1 treble
    1 scratch
    39 putts

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Dr.Rieux

28 points in my first game after getting my handicap. 2 scratches, the 1st and 18th. 5 1 pointers, 10 2 pointers and 1 3 pointer.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

35pts in Portarlington off 10, disappointing result as I felt I played well. Chipping wasn't great today , left too many short. +4 on back 9 finishing with four silly bogeys.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

30 points today in a society outing.

6 pars
    3 bogies
    4 doubles
    5 scratches

I played some solid stuff in patches. Frustrated with an awful lot of poor shots and stupid mental errors.

Good 39pts off 5 today +3. Nothing special happened at all during the round. 4 bogeys and the one birdie. Although I sank a good few par savee from 4&5 ft which was the highlight. Playing solid of late..need to improve with the wedge.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,771 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

78 around Tullamore (8 over) - happy enough considering I had 2 doubles from 130 to 140 yards out. Great course - not too bad to play for your first time out - but a couple of doglegs that it would be nice to have played before.

Glad I put together a good 18 as felt it was there for me for last month. Nice finish to year - but know I have plenty more of easy shots to improve on.

Good 39pts off 5 today +3. Nothing special happened at all during the round. 4 bogeys and the one birdie. Although I sank a good few par savee from 4&5 ft which was the highlight. Playing solid of late..need to improve with the wedge.

Another great score, congrats. Very consistent golf. You might hit 3 before the winter rules come in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Ciaranra

37 pts blessington lakes putted bad front 9
    Good back 9 ended up 2 over for 9

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Nett 70 off 14 in open singles stroke in mountrath yesterday. Course was in great nick. Hit it fairly well yesterday, kept the ball between the ditches from the tee which has been my Achilles heel all year. Pity it's come together so late in the season...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

42 points off 5. So proud of it, my best ever score. I knew I had a score in me for the last couple of weeks and it finally clicked yesterday, drove the ball unbelievably well but I didn't play that well from there on to be honest which is what I'm happiest with, I hit 12 greens but I missed 2 greens with a wedge in my hand which is really unacceptable but nice to have something to work on.

But what I'm proudest of all of is that in the middle of the back nine (was 2 under at the time) managed to hit a complete shank with a 6 iron and obviously the thought crossed my mind that I might get the dreaded shanks after it. I did drop a shot there but played in level par after it which I'm so pleased with.

As can probably be guessed from the tone of this post I'm delighted with the round!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

The nightmare of playing bad yesterday in the ryder jug continues. 26 points. 6 scratches. Can't use words here that describe how I am playing without getting a ban. Maybe it's like an unrequited love.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

33pts around Aware Manor this morning practically playing blind, surprised the course was open the fog was so dense. Couldn't see anything past 100 yards and it remained that way until the 15th when it finally started to lift. Hitting into the longer par 3's and approach shots barely able to make out the green never mind as to where the flag was positioned. Luckily I had the course played once before as it's quite tricky but a pity about the lack of visibility as would otherwise have been a nice morning.

A good few shots left behind, two scratches mainly due to my usual problem of pulling the ball left, two penalty drops again due to the same error and three bad 3 putts. Could have been a good score otherwise in the conditions but feeling I'm running out of qualifying competitions which in turn is putting pressure on the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,771 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Looking out at weather . Said you'd have to play.
    So quick 9 on The Heath . Great form continues and -
    I'm having these 4/5 hole stretches where it is birdie chances. Got 2 in a row just missed 3 in a row.

finished 3 over.

Just wedges not good enough.

jaysus I wish season was next week.

But playing stuff at a level I've never been at.

Yes!!! 43pts off 5 today. Definitelty my finest hour on a golf course. 4 birdies,2 bogeys both of which were lip outs..par everywhere else..a real neat and tidy round..with few wayward shots at all.

My previous best round was even par which was about 5 weeks ago..but today I managed to beat the course for the 1st time in my golfing career by going round -2. I am now officially a 4 handicapper!! Ive been in great form of late and this caps a great season for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

Played today 17 pts front 9, two hours 20 minutes, got as far as 14th & decided to walk in 😢 after been on the course for 3 hours forty minutes.....

There will be better days....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

Another frustrating day, only 30 points.

6 pars
    6 bogies
    3 doubles
    3 scratches

And the weird thing is I'm finding it difficult to figure out what went wrong! Driving wasn't too bad, iron play was ok, chipping not too bad and putter was solid all day! Keep meaning to use golfshot or some other app, must start.... That's now 7x 0.1s back since the start of August, probably should stop entering qualifying comps but I can't help myself!

Yes!!! 43pts off 5 today. Definitelty my finest hour on a golf course. 4 birdies,2 bogeys both of which were lip outs..par everywhere else..a real neat and tidy round..with few wayward shots at all.

My previous best round was even par which was about 5 weeks ago..but today I managed to beat the course for the 1st time in my golfing career by going round -2. I am now officially a 4 handicapper!! Ive been in great form of late and this caps a great season for me.

Super shooting, keep it going, plenty of time to get down to scratch for you now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

29 points off 12 and probably my worst round of the year. I think I hit 2 FIR and only hit 2 GIR, was +1 for the five par 3's so my short game isn't terrible, I just can't get the ball on the fairway.
    I'm leaving myself 200+ yards to the green on 9 to 10 holes and always from the rough.:mad:

• Advertisement

32pts, went out with the idea of getting a cut. Didn't even reach the buffer. Not far away from a really good score or cut. Again it was only after 7 or 8 holes before I started.

Advertisement