Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Just solo killed malthael on torment 6 hardcore, got placed 714 in the 'top spot' category for this season's conquests :)

He actually killed me, but awareness brought me back.
    Not trying that again in a hurry hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Ah ha.....

So that's what the "You have died" screen looks like. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

OMFG, I just got in to that Gold Goblin world.... Its fecking stupidly out of balance! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

OMFG, I just got in to that Gold Goblin world.... Its fecking stupidly out of balance! :eek:

Out of Balance ? It's just gold, gold which you'd burn through quickly upgrading gems towards Flawless Royal... <_<;

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Out of Balance ? It's just gold, gold which you'd burn through quickly upgrading gems towards Flawless Royal... <_<;

I went from 2 million to 13million and last boss droped 3 legendaries....

On other note. I am finally level 70 with my Season HC crusader. I took it slow and easy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

I went from 2 million to 13million and last boss droped 3 legendaries....

On other note. I am finally level 70 with my HC crusader. I took it slow and easy.

Meh 11 million is nothing. My non seasons characters have about 2 billion gold. Plus you get about 3 legendaries per round of greater rifts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Meh 11 million is nothing. My non seasons characters have about 2 billion gold. Plus you get about 3 legendaries per round of greater rifts.

Guess you have the bigger epeen, gratz.

Are you sure you get 3 legendaries per rift ? I've only ever gotten 1 + a gem at most.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,336 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Magill wrote: »

Are you sure you get 3 legendaries per rift ? I've only ever gotten 1 + a gem at most.

I'd usually get a handful of legendaries per rift, yeah.

It's not epeen. I did not mention the money because I was showing off I mentioned it to show that 11 million is not that much and that the treasure realm is indeed not OP at all. I have 2 billion gold whoopie I have loads of gold that I can only use for repairs. Woo hoo!

The most I have gotten from one rift was 3 set pieces 1 legendary and 2 gems. Average would be 3 legendaries / gems/ set items.

That greed realm on hardcore is a lifesaver
    the boon of the hoarder gem is too

i was able to afford proper gems after it :D Also, rifts dont guarantee legendarys, they just have a greater chance of dropping them. That being said, i've done some rifts where i'd come out with 5, and others with one forgotten soul on various different torment levels, up to an including heavily farming on T5

• Advertisement

That greed realm on hardcore is a lifesaver
    the boon of the hoarder gem is too

i was able to afford proper gems after it :D Also, rifts dont guarantee legendarys, they just have a greater chance of dropping them. That being said, i've done some rifts where i'd come out with 5, and others with one forgotten soul on various different torment levels, up to an including heavily farming on T5

You are right regular rifts do not always drop the legendaries but I was talking about greater rifts where I have yet to not get at least one legendary per round and the average being at least 3.

I am also talking about my regular non hardcore and non season characters when I say I have that much gold. It is of course a nice infusion on hardcore :)

It's not epeen. I did not mention the money because I was showing off I mentioned it to show that 11 million is not that much and that the treasure realm is indeed not OP at all. I have 2 billion gold whoopie I have loads of gold that I can only use for repairs. Woo hoo!

The most I have gotten from one rift was 3 set pieces 1 legendary and 2 gems. Average would be 3 legendaries / gems/ set items.

I mean theres a huge difference between having 2 billion left over from the Auction house days and grinding it out on a new league/hardcore !

It takes ****ing ages to get the gold for max gems + min/maxing with enchanting starting from scratch, i regret spending all my gold on the AH prior to it shutting down so much !

Have only done about 10 greater rifts, but the rift boss usually only drops me a gem with the odd legendary :( Only level 17 or 18s tho.

So I got to level 40 paragon with my season hc crusader.
    Got 2 Roland set pieces too with not bad rolls. That set looks insane.

I am surprised how few people playing season on hc. There are only 40-90 people doing torment 1 rifts...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

It takes ****ing ages to get the gold for max gems + min/maxing with enchanting starting from scratch

Get yourselves boon of hoarder legendary gem [drops inside the goblin portal rare spawn],level it up and watch the gold stream in.
    Im now managing T6 solo on my season crusader and getting about 4 million gold per rift.
    For G rifts i dont run this gem just swap the amulet its socketed to for another as you dont get gold in G rifts.

Dcully wrote: »
    Get yourselves boon of hoarder legendary gem [drops inside the goblin portal rare spawn],level it up and watch the gold stream in.
    Im now managing T6 solo on my season crusader and getting about 4 million gold per rift.
    For G rifts i dont run this gem just swap the amulet its socketed to for another as you dont get gold in G rifts.

Nice, will have to look to getting one of them badboys ! Honestly haven't played too much since the patch. Hopefully get playing more next week though !

Have only done about 10 greater rifts, but the rift boss usually only drops me a gem with the odd legendary :( Only level 17 or 18s tho.

Whole point of Greater Rifts is for ranking on the ladder, and levelling up your legendary gem - not for gear. The drops off the Guardian in GRift is pretty much the same in regular rifts - so if you want gear, stick to regular rifts since everything drops there while nothing does other than the guardian in Grift.

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Whole point of Greater Rifts is for ranking on the ladder, and levelling up your legendary gem - not for gear. The drops off the Guardian in GRift is pretty much the same in regular rifts - so if you want gear, stick to regular rifts since everything drops there while nothing does other than the guardian in Grift.

I know what they're for, I was just confused how salamanca22 was getting on average 3 legendaries per run.

Now that I'm going through harder difficulties (with more enemies and effects on screen), I'm hitting performance issues. My character is teleporting around the screen (often into the middle of a swarm) and it's a complete pain in the ass. A battle with Belial took about 15 minutes last night and it was a very frustrating experience. I reduced graphic quality and that helped a little bit but it's still happening when things get busy.

Any known fixes? I was browsing Blizzard's forums last night and I've seen recommendations for running in full screen window mode, reducing FG FPS, editing config files to disable trilinear filtering...

Before I go messing about with it, I thought I'd ask the seasoned D3 players here first.

Mr E wrote: »
    Now that I'm going through harder difficulties (with more enemies and effects on screen), I'm hitting performance issues. My character is teleporting around the screen (often into the middle of a swarm) and it's a complete pain in the ass. A battle with Belial took about 15 minutes last night and it was a very frustrating experience. I reduced graphic quality and that helped a little bit but it's still happening when things get busy.

Any known fixes? I was browsing Blizzard's forums last night and I've seen recommendations for running in full screen window mode, reducing FG FPS, editing config files to disable trilinear filtering...

Before I go messing about with it, I thought I'd ask the seasoned D3 players here first.

Well, generally Blizzard games have very good graphic settings range. Work with those first. Kill obvious recourse killers like physics, shadows and AA. lower background fps too. Check how it works with vsync on and off.
    I personally dont have fps issues at all and I got it maxed out, but then again my pc has a little bit of umph left in it at this day and age. What spec machine you playing on and what settings you on?
    I think that proper fullscreen will give you more fps then windowed fullscreen.

Thanks for that. It's not a "gaming" PC, but a decent spec PC I got from Dell at the start of the year. It hasn't had any trouble with anything else I've run on it (so much so that my consoles are gathering dust).

I'll fiddle about with the graphic settings tonight so. It's a shame that most settings are just "High" and "Low" with no scope for fine tuning.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Turn the sound quality to low or off completely if you don't need audio. I think there is an issue with multiple sound effects causing frame drops for some reason

I am surprised how few people playing season on hc. There are only 40-90 people doing torment 1 rifts...

try higher tiers, not sure on consoles, but pc is grand for getting groups for either normal bounties or torment rifts and Grifts

I just wouldnt trust anyone in a pug Grift though

Pretty much the levelling ranges are barren of people, since you level up from 1 to 70 within 5 hours, you'll want to be at the cap to start seeing people often.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Good few folk in there around the 50 range.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,571 ✭✭✭EoinHef

No idea whats be talked about here at the moment with rifts and that but just beat azmodan last night for the first time. Been away on holidays so havent had much of a chance to play.

Ive been salvaging nearly everything and only selling the odd thing for a small bit of gold,which ive been using to level up gems for sockets. Ive also only used stash for legendarys and mats,my understanding is at higher levels ill want to craft gear sets using mats and salvaged legendarys,is this correct? Also does the gear craft to an item at your current level?

Im not having any problem on Hard difficulty so thought id save the gear till i started doing the rifts and stuff as i presume they are harder?

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

An ingame friend of mine challenged me to beat his tank monks toughness..his monk with cooldowns could hit 60k hp..i went a bit mad on my test monk..here is the screenie.
    ggzwvAL.jpg

^^ Eww, 196k damage D:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,336 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

GHOST MGG wrote: »
    An ingame friend of mine challenged me to beat his tank monks toughness..his monk with cooldowns could hit 60k hp..i went a bit mad on my test monk..here is the screenie.

Jesus. Just stand there and let them bleed to death from their fists.

So I am still playing it. Got to 90lvl Paragon on Season Hardcore. I got some stupid luck last night. In one run I got a shield that doubles Phalanx and a ring that gives 200% time for phalanx. I got double Phalanx archers 24/7 now lol. Really awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

So I am still playing it. Got to 90lvl Paragon on Season Hardcore. I got some stupid luck last night. In one run I got a shield that doubles Phalanx and a ring that gives 200% time for phalanx. I got double Phalanx archers 24/7 now lol. Really awesome.

Get yourself an eternal union ring,increases duration of phalanx avatars by 200% stick a socket itn it and socket the enforcer legendary gem into it for even more pet damage increase.

As awesome as that combo is nothing comes close to the condemn build with the condemn shield and sword no CD but costs wrath, add some wrath generating skills and you simply melt packs
    Im soloing T6 with ease using this build.

Advertisement