Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SJ4000 1080p Waterproof Action Cam (GoPro Alt) - €58.94 Delivered [Aliexpress.com]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

http://www.dx.com/p/replacement-900mah-rechargeable-li-ion-battery-for-sj4000-sports-camera-black-309154#.U_Dv7_ldV8E

This is the one. Although, as I said, I can't be certain that their stock will remain exactly the same as what I got. But it's a small amount of cash so worth a punt I reckon!
    Great thanks I will order one and see!

Furzy wrote: »
    Looks like I've been refunded the full amount - I initially opened the dispute because I hadn't received the goods with only 24hr to go and looks like seller has refunded under that issue rather than the counterfeit one - so avoids having to pay the x2 extra. I'm not going to complain! NOTE for anyone disputing - once it's escalated the system doesn't notify you by email if AliExpress responds so you have to keep logging in & click on dispute button to check what's happening (AliExpress communication doesn't appear in the buyer/seller messages list). That's why I was waiting so long for response - they had responded, asking for more info, shortly after I escalated the dispute. Good luck to all with your disputes :-).

The seller has just got back to me with this message:

Hi friend
    I am so sorry to notice that you have opened the dispute for us, I know you feel disappointed with that, but we suggest you
    contact us to solve the problem before opening dispute, as this dispute affect us in great extent.
    Sorry for the inconvenience, we have reported this issue to our Products Dept. Manager and after the specific investigation.
    Our product supplier has already admitted that their workmate made mistake to offer us a wrong batch of item, which is not
    original SJ4000, but we can guarantee it is in good condition, and with same function as the SJ40000.
    So would you tell me the details that it is not working properly, and please try to open the following link and update the new
    firmware.
    https://mega.co.nz/#F!IdEnTDpZ!vBzd8Ah-Hi5Brq1vC_ugSw.
    Here is the video (description):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2wKRVKiQC0
    If it is working well, may I suggest you keep as backup, and we offer you 35USD as compensation, I know this may not original, while we also undertake so much loss. So may I earn your kind understanding?
    Is that ok with you?
    Waiting your reply

So how should I reply?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Furzy

Well spotted. I opened the dispute this time last night and haven't heard anything from them yet.

Hi friend
    I am so sorry to notice that you have opened the dispute for us, I know you feel disappointed with that, but we suggest you
    contact us to solve the problem before opening dispute, as this dispute affect us in great extent.
    Sorry for the inconvenience, we have reported this issue to our Products Dept. Manager and after the specific investigation.
    Our product supplier has already admitted that their workmate made mistake to offer us a wrong batch of item, which is not
    original SJ4000, but we can guarantee it is in good condition, and with same function as the SJ40000.
    So would you tell me the details that it is not working properly, and please try to open the following link and update the new

If it is working well, may I suggest you keep as backup, and we offer you 35USD as compensation, I know this may not original, while we also undertake so much loss. So may I earn your kind understanding?
    Is that ok with you?
    Waiting your reply

So how should I reply?

I got almost word for word the same spiel. I replied that I was worried that it wouldn't take the SJ4000 batteries so I would prefer to claim a refund under the AliExp Guaranteed Genuine warranty. After this they came back with the offer of $50 or free replacement with the real SJ4000 if I cancelled the dispute. I was tempted with the latter but realised I'd have no protection once I cancelled the dispute so decided to take the GG track. I think it was the seller and not AliExp who refunded the money and closed the dispute.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Hi friend
    firmware.
    https://mega.co.nz/#F!IdEnTDpZ!vBzd8Ah-Hi5Brq1vC_ugSw.
    Here is the video (description):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2wKRVKiQC0
    Is that ok with you?
    Waiting your reply

So how should I reply?

I got the exact same response. Get the money back would be my suggestion!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,115 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Lads, what program do ye use for editing and stuff?
    Windows movie maker doesn't seem to recognise mov files!

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Simon_K

Virtual Dub

• Advertisement

Simon_K wrote: »
    Virtual Dub

I can't get that to view mov either

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Simon_K

It's a pain alright, it requires specific plugins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Got mine last week, im a bit disappointed tbh. Now i didnt expect the best quality. 1020p seems to be 720p at best and a bit grainy. Motion is pretty poor. Battery life is quite bad too. It also doesnt tighten very well on my bike. Im only getting roughly 1hr from it. It is worth its price and no more i feel. I think i should have sprung for a go pro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

blade1 wrote: »
    I can't get that to view mov either

try idoo video editor.works for me.

here is the recent reply I have gotten:

Sorry for the inconvenience.
    If you could believe us once again, we could offer the following suggestions :
    1 you could get the full refund if you return our item, I guess you could return it to our Germany warehouse, then it would be cheap.
    2 if you keep it, we will refund you 50 USD. (Our manager said we could undertake this loss for giving you nice experience) As you know, it would take about 60 USD for the fake one.
    3, if you need the original item, and you do not want to return, you could just pay another 30 USD, and we will resend the original one for you. We have changed the supply of this items.
    Waiting for your confirmation.
    Best wishes.

so what happens if I let the dispute go to aliexpress?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

here is the recent reply I have gotten:

Sorry for the inconvenience.
    If you could believe us once again, we could offer the following suggestions :
    1 you could get the full refund if you return our item, I guess you could return it to our Germany warehouse, then it would be cheap.
    2 if you keep it, we will refund you 50 USD. (Our manager said we could undertake this loss for giving you nice experience) As you know, it would take about 60 USD for the fake one.
    3, if you need the original item, and you do not want to return, you could just pay another 30 USD, and we will resend the original one for you. We have changed the supply of this items.
    Waiting for your confirmation.
    Best wishes.

so what happens if I let the dispute go to aliexpress?

Yeah, again I got the same response. Just let it go to AliExpress as they will give you a full refund due to you not receiving the item advertised.

Here a couple of samples i took with my one this morning.
    Quality seems to have dipped a bit after uploading to youtube.

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbHYqoY4-Hc&feature=youtu.be

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IZEtCssgtg&list=UUYXppA8OzlEkjwnS0dgA7pQ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Kinet1c

Anyone used it on a bicycle helmet? Sturdy?

I cashed out on my dispute at $65 which is €49 and I keep the camera! happy enough since it cost €59!

is the money refunded onto my card?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

http://www.donedeal.ie/cameras-for-sale/streamworld-action-hd-camera-sj4000/7270787 hmmmmmmmm

http://www.foxoffer.com/blog/2014/07/05/the-difference-between-original-and-fake-sj4000/ heres how to tell the diff between real and fake. Actually I'm trying to find a real sj4000 with Wifi, anyone know the cheapest place?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

I cashed out on my dispute at $65 which is €49 and I keep the camera! happy enough since it cost €59!

is the money refunded onto my card?

that's a bargain alert on it's own right there! :D

shame they switched suppliers, we could have got a heap of them on the cheap! :pac:

vibe666 wrote: »
    that's a bargain alert on it's own right there! :D

shame they switched suppliers, we could have got a heap of them on the cheap! :pac:

The shop I dealt with had just changed supplier also.
    Some coincidence isn't it!!

Btw, my dispute was closed on Thursday morning and the money was back in my account on midnight Friday.

The shop I dealt with had just changed supplier also.
    Some coincidence isn't it!!

Btw, my dispute was closed on Thursday morning and the money was back in my account on midnight Friday.

Bank account or aliexpress account?

Back on to your credit card surely....since you would have bought through a credit card. Well that's what I did, and where my money was returned to.

Yes in the bank!
    Glad it was sorted fast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭living

I just received the camera from Banggood (purchased the 7th and shipped the 8th). It seems to be the real one :)

And no custom charges!!!

Yes in the bank!
    Glad it was sorted fast.

My AliExpress account has been stuck at Refund Processing since Aug 18th so still waiting .....

Yes in the bank!
    Glad it was sorted fast.
    Timmaay wrote: »
    Actually I'm trying to find a real sj4000 with Wifi, anyone know the cheapest place?

Best I've seen for the WiFi is €79.79 on FoxOffer but they're sold out at the moment - due in again end of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Hello ladies ! :D wtf

sj4000%20action%20camera_7.jpg

Hello ladies ! :D wtf

sj4000%20action%20camera_7.jpg

He must be on the pull..:pac:
    We all know the ladies love that kind of stuff!!!

Yes in the bank!
    Glad it was sorted fast.

in the account today. Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

http://www.banggood.com/spread/sj4000/?utm_design=12&utm_source=emarsys&utm_medium=sj4000140628_homepage&utm_campaign=newsletter&utm_content=xuxu&bid=4113&bid=5161&bid=5699

USD 85 with the coupon 6B84AE

Beware some Ali/eBay sellers are selling clones of the SJ4000.
    I can confirm mine from Banggood was legit.
    Massive user thread here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2090990

Ordered this one , Looks like it's in cutoms according to the shipping info.
    anyone know how long it'll take to clear? will they send a letter out to the address with the added charges or will the postman be looking for them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

papu wrote: »
    Ordered this one , Looks like it's in cutoms according to the shipping info.
    anyone know how long it'll take to clear? will they send a letter out to the address with the added charges or will the postman be looking for them?

Did you go with the default shipping or change/upgrade to ship via Netherlands?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Did you go with the default shipping or change/upgrade to ship via Netherlands?

Tracked Standard shipping , I didnt upgrade though perhaps that would have been a good idea :o

Edit:

Just rang customs there , need to email on receipt to see if theres any charge , I guess i'll have to pay the VAT and a Handling charge by anpost , would this have been avoided going through netherlands? :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

Got mine today.. Nice little camera.. Anybody else find it's a bit too bright when recording video and if so has anyone changed any of the settings to make it better?

Advertisement