Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SJ4000 1080p Waterproof Action Cam (GoPro Alt) - €58.94 Delivered [Aliexpress.com]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Simon_K

when watching live feed via wifi. At least on gopro hero3+ black

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

magnavox wrote: »
    For those who ordered from banggood how long were you waiting for the email confirming shipment? I ordered the 8th.

4 days... ordered July 30, shipped August 3rd. Used Netherlands post, arrived August 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,121 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Received mine and it's one of the fake ones with resistabt on it?
    Should I open a dispute?
    Is the Quality less because of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

blade1 wrote: »
    Received mine and it's one of the fake ones with resistabt on it?
    Should I open a dispute?
    Is the Quality less because of this?

Yes, where did u order from ?

cojomo2 wrote: »
    Yes, where did u order from ?

Ali express

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭PCDub

clancger wrote: »
    That added up to about 33GB of video, and i was surprised that it was broken into a bunch of 399MB files running at about 3 mins each. Each recording created it's own folder.

Thats seems to be the default setting on them alright. This can be changed through the settings->cyclic record menu. Set it to 'Off' to record as a single file.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Get In There

Is there such a thing as a newer version called SJ4000B?? Cos I found one for 55e http://goo.gl/iJ73ct

I did find another SJ4000 for 58e http://goo.gl/iACuvu

But I'm a bit overwhelmed by the claims of fakes and such, perhaps I should go for this Sportscam at 48e? http://goo.gl/FVnCmm

Seems to meet my requirements; it's cheap, easy and seems to be suitable for what I intend to use it for - cycling. I'm not exactly going to use it extensively.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Get In There

Is there such a thing as a newer version called SJ4000B?? Cos I found one for 55e http://goo.gl/iJ73ct

I did find another SJ4000 for 58e http://goo.gl/iACuvu

But I'm a bit overwhelmed by the claims of fakes and such, perhaps I should go for this Sportscam at 48e? http://goo.gl/FVnCmm

Seems to meet my requirements; it's cheap, easy and seems to be suitable for what I intend to use it for - cycling. I'm not exactly going to use it extensively.

Any thoughts on this? Would appreciate some feedback.. cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Kinet1c

Any thoughts on this? Would appreciate some feedback.. cheers.

Go with banggood.

The one I got was a fake but I see nothing wrong with it!
    I said it to the seller and he refunded me $30.
    If I was you I'd go for the sj4000,they are cheap but they are well worth the money, fake or not!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

just got my hands in mine finally! it's the 'fake' one so I have opened a dispute with the seller so hopefully will get something back for it! Just letting it charge up now and looking forward to seeing the quality!

just got my hands in mine finally! it's the 'fake' one so I have opened a dispute with the seller so hopefully will get something back for it! Just letting it charge up now and looking forward to seeing the quality!

Who was the seller?
    My dispute was closed on Thursday morning and the $30 refund was back in my account last night midnight.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

They're good, so I wouldn't be too concerned! Open a dispute, and ask for a full refund. If they say no, just wait until it gets to the stage where aliexpress will mediate. You will then get the full whack back. I should have done this to be honest. But got $50 out of 80 so not too bad.

They're good, so I wouldn't be too concerned! Open a dispute, and ask for a full refund. If they say no, just wait until it gets to the stage where aliexpress will mediate. You will then get the full whack back. I should have done this to be honest. But got $50 out of 80 so not too bad.

Alan, would you know about spare batteries for these fake fakes?
    Am I right in saying the sj4000 battery doesn't fit these properly?
    If so,do you know where to get suitable ones?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Alan, would you know about spare batteries for these fake fakes?
    Am I right in saying the sj4000 battery doesn't fit these properly?
    If so,do you know where to get suitable ones?

I bought one SJ4000 battery on ebay, that I ultimately threw out, as I had to take it apart to get it to fit. (Not ideal...especially considering the origin of the batteries...). But the SJ4000 battery I ordered on DealExtreme fitted my fake fake perfectly. I reckon it's very hit and miss to be honest.

I bought one SJ4000 battery on ebay, that I ultimately threw out, as I had to take it apart to get it to fit. (Not ideal...especially considering the origin of the batteries...). But the SJ4000 battery I ordered on DealExtreme fitted my fake fake perfectly. I reckon it's very hit and miss to be honest.

Ok, cheers Alan!

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Simon_K

Any of you guys use it for diving? Im looking for the best clip/attachment to use. I saw a mask mount for gopro, does one exist for sj4000?

Who was the seller?
    My dispute was closed on Thursday morning and the $30 refund was back in my account last night midnight.

here is my seller. http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/6131798895.html

Had it out in the car today as a dash cam and very impressed with quality so it would be sweet if i got some money back for it.

Anyone get any head straps or body straps that fit it?

Gopro mounts fit it. I ordered loads from DealExtreme and they all work perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

...Hi Wolf... can't see seller name/details?? Can u post again??

Regards

• Advertisement

Masala wrote: »
    ...Hi Wolf... can't see seller name/details?? Can u post again??

Regards

Click on where it says view current product in blue

Click on where it says view current product in blue

Yeah that will work. The shop is called "Trusted Link"

See on the bottom of their page where it says FULL REFUND no item or item not as described?

Is there some difference is firmware versions?

I have this version: 20140607V01

Is this the firmware that has 720p interpolated with 1080p? Should I downgrade?

See on the bottom of their page where it says FULL REFUND no item or item not as described?

Well spotted. I opened the dispute this time last night and haven't heard anything from them yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Furzy

Well spotted. I opened the dispute this time last night and haven't heard anything from them yet.

I ordered from Trusted Link at the same time. They initially offered $8 refund, then $30 and then $50 but i'm holding out for response from AliExpress to see if their warranty is worth anything. At bottom of photos in the seller's ad you'll see the Guaranteed Genuine logo. AliExpress guaranteed genuine warranty says they will pay x3 original price if article is not genuine - AliExpress to refund the money paid and the seller to refund the extra x2. Tbh i cant see this working and will be pleased enough with the AliExpress refund but worth testing to see if their warranty is genuine. Already waiting 3 days for a response from AliExpress after escalating the dispute so don't have a lot of confidence in them!

Furzy wrote: »
    I ordered from Trusted Link at the same time. They initially offered $8 refund, then $30 and then $50 but i'm holding out for response from AliExpress to see if their warranty is worth anything. At bottom of photos in the seller's ad you'll see the Guaranteed Genuine logo. AliExpress guaranteed genuine warranty says they will pay x3 original price if article is not genuine - AliExpress to refund the money paid and the seller to refund the extra x2. Tbh i cant see this working and will be pleased enough with the AliExpress refund but worth testing to see if their warranty is genuine. Already waiting 3 days for a response from AliExpress after escalating the dispute so don't have a lot of confidence in them!

F*ck it, I'm going ordering another one there!
    I'll be delighted if I get $50 back!

Forget it!
    Price is $128 now..

Can you post a link to that deal extreme battery ?

Can you post a link to that deal extreme battery ?

http://www.dx.com/p/replacement-900mah-rechargeable-li-ion-battery-for-sj4000-sports-camera-black-309154#.U_Dv7_ldV8E

This is the one. Although, as I said, I can't be certain that their stock will remain exactly the same as what I got. But it's a small amount of cash so worth a punt I reckon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Furzy

Looks like I've been refunded the full amount - I initially opened the dispute because I hadn't received the goods with only 24hr to go and looks like seller has refunded under that issue rather than the counterfeit one - so avoids having to pay the x2 extra. I'm not going to complain! NOTE for anyone disputing - once it's escalated the system doesn't notify you by email if AliExpress responds so you have to keep logging in & click on dispute button to check what's happening (AliExpress communication doesn't appear in the buyer/seller messages list). That's why I was waiting so long for response - they had responded, asking for more info, shortly after I escalated the dispute. Good luck to all with your disputes :-).

Advertisement