Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,859 ✭✭✭Soarer

The Technika 3D bluray is also scanning at 1c.
    Got the last one in Mahon Point.
    There are 3 in Wilton that scanned in the price checker for 1c, but wouldn't scan at the tills. Saying item recalled or something. Weird that they scanned in Mahon.

Anyways, happy hunting.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

lindtee wrote: »
    You won't see it from me because I won't be posting any bargains on this thread again.
    Hope you reconsider. :(

The amount of 'PM me' vultures after this item was just amazing. It would be interesting to see how many bargains they had themselves posted in the past... :mad:

If you are one of the users that asked for a PM, but have previously posted bargain(s), then consider yourself excluded from the vulture club.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Esel wrote: »
    Hope you reconsider. :(

The amount of 'PM me' vultures after this item was just amazing. It would be interesting to see how many bargains they had themselves posted in the past... :mad:

If you are one of the users that asked for a PM, but have previously posted bargain(s), then consider yourself excluded from the vulture club.

Why should it matter if someone asked for a PM or not? On what level is it right to come into a bargains thread & announce there is an electrical item scanning at 1c in Tesco but I can't tell you what it is. The reaction to it was completely understandable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Aodhagan wrote: »
    Why should it matter if someone asked for a PM or not? On what level is it right to come into a bargains thread & announce there is an electrical item scanning at 1c in Tesco but I can't tell you what it is. The reaction to it was completely understandable.

With respect, I disagree. Look how many of the iPods ended up on adverts.
    Nothing wrong with someone holding out on sharing a bargain in order to clarify store policy and pick one up for their own personal use before sharing with everyone (including non boards members and scalpers). Even more so the case if the poster has shared with all numerous bargains in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Aodhagan wrote: »

Ah the usual flogging of the dead horse that goes on here. I've posted lots of bargains throughout this thread and the previous tesco thread, not during this recent sale where the greediness and profiteering have been clear to see. I'm done with explaining myself to you lot. Thanks to those who posted and weren't directing ****e at me. I'm done with this thread now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Ingenio(sp) iron 1c.

^ PM me, pretty please! :D

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭green123

Bah. I got a tip off from a nice boardsie that an electrical item had been reduced so I scanned it and indeed it had been reduced.....to 1c! I went to the self scanner probably looking as nervous as hell and scanned it through with another few things.....then the price was noticed and they couldnt sell it :( Ah sure it was worth a shot anyway!

why did you post this ?

the only reason i can see is to tease people.

people dont like to be teased and thats why some people got annoyed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭dinorebel

green123 wrote: »
    why did you post this ?

Maybe it was posted so people would know it's not actually available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

why did you post this ?

What's everyone ganging up on her for. I asked for a pm and she told me about the bluray player. The wife picked it up and I thanked lindtee by pm. All this knicker twisting that people are indulging in is a load of nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,084 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I didn't make it down to Maynooth tonight but from what I got last night it seems to be just some cds on sale for 1c in there, there were quite a few crappy dvds in the clearence bin though all marked at 50c or under, the only way you can find these bargains is by going in and scanning everything, I got a Clapton and Ed Sheeran cd each for 1c, paid full price for two 500ml bottles of Fanta to even things out, didn't even dawn on me to scan the bluray players though, important thing is to scan everything you can carry as you might get lucky, now I am off back to sleep off this stupid bug.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭green123

And another reason for not posting the item originally, is that it would make me very :mad: to see arseholes buy a bunch of them to sell on (and even more so when I didn't get one myself:pac:) I did pm quite a few people who I hope were able to get one before the rest of ye go chasing wild geese (didn't get around to everyone though). Thanks Soarer for standing up for me:)

funny stuff.

your pal soarer who you shared your little secret with managed to buy 3 of them.

2 the first time and then went back again later to get another

funny stuff.

your pal soarer who you shared your little secret with managed to buy 3 of them.

Yeah, one for soarer and one for lindtee, then one for me. What's your problem? :pac:

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Seen the point earlier mentioning that a few items were scanning at 1c. I picked up a book this evening , got for 1c, happy days. Except from reading the back of the book tonight I think I read it before!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

funny stuff.

I'm sorry I ever opened my mouth about anything now. Do you think I'm happy that I got none? All i wanted was the one, Im not greedy. I had to collect my sons from school so was unable to check other stores. I had posted pages back about the possibility of items being reduced to one cent but no-one can be arsed to do the leg work themselves (or if they did they were sensible enough to keep their mouths shut). Lesson learned big time. Won't be doing it again. Have not seen this level of horribleness in a long time, especially given that the item was revealed several hours ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I got a tv for 1c in Tesco then I woke up :D :pac: :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,859 ✭✭✭Soarer

funny stuff.

Well smartarse, get your facts straight.

It was I pm'd Lindtee the other day about the bargain after I spotted them in Douglas. I didn't buy any at the time and they were priced at €25, as had been posted in here weeks ago. Lindtee then posted here for all to see that they were reduced to 1c. She didn't pm me about it, so I found out about it at the same time as everyone else. It just so happened that I had an idea of what she was talking about.
    As for getting 3, I only got 2....and neither were the 2900 model. I scanned two other types and got them. About half a dozen people pm'd me about my purchases and I told them what I'd bought. I also posted last night that there were 3 more in Wilton but they weren't scanning properly. So there's no great conspiracy.
    As for my "friend" Lindtee. I only know her through boards and from the vast amount of bargains she'd post. I also knew she was from Cork and was looking for a bluray player. So I pm'd her to give her first chance of getting one at €25, as a thanks for all her bargains. If you think there's something wrong with that, well I'm afraid it says more about you than me.

As an aside, of all the pm's I replied to, only one replied in turn to thank me for the information. What does that tell ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Folks,

I really think we all red to take a chill pill here and remember the spirit of the thread!

Can everyone take a deep breath and exhale…………….

To all boardsies who post offers/discounts and dare I say it errors - a big thank you. To all of you who abuse it, please cop on and play fair - otherwise, we have what happened last night…..:( And also, if you miss out, don't give out to the posters! These things happen and the chances of you getting one of these "bargains" anyway is almost always small.

Finally, after sending out over 200 tokens this morning to boardsies, I still have multiple tokens for the latest knives/kitchen promo - if anyone wants them pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Guys

Posters are not obliged to share deals here, no one is.

We are a community that relies on the sharing of information of our members (and the stealing of it from HUKD!)

I've tried to let this thread run with as little mod intervention as possible but it keeps getting rail roaded

So from here on in, unless your post is:

1) A bargain (e.g saw X was €5 in Athlone)

2) Update on the stock/price/location of a bargain (e.g. X was scanning at €10 in Galway, no X in Nenagh, still in Athlone behind the counter)

3) An alternative place to buy (e.g X is only €4 in Argos)

4) Question/Clarification/Info on the product (e.g. What version/weight of X is it?, I have X and its terrible)

Then no posting, 1 week ban if your post does not meet above criteria. (PM me if you think there is a valid post type I have missed please)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,256 ✭✭✭CH3OH

To start the ball rolling:

Quality Street Cremes 355 g €1.50 Tesco Arklow
    IDShot_225x225.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Big tins of Quality Street and Roses are reduced to €3.30 now! Expiration dates are August and October. I got one of each just for me and himself to nom on at home :D

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

Just back from the Maple ctr and they have lots of Christmas chocs reduced. Various tubes of sweets reduced to 62c (or thereabouts!) bars of choc and bags of chocs too. Also there is a stand at the top of the escalator selling cards packs of 5 easter cards 20c, lots of different individual birthday, congratulations etc 50c each, all in aid of Aware

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

After reading lindtree's posts, I went in search of the bluray player last night. Didn't find that but did find some DVDs scanning at 1c. Without reading lindtrees and other posts and knowing that people can actually find stuff for 1c, I wouldn't have been so persistent in price-checking items and wouldn't have found these. So thank you Lindtree!

DVDs I found for 1c - Ice Age and Scared Shrekless. This was last night in Claremorris. Today I say another Scared Shrekless in the pile of DVDs but it scanned at full price 5.99 I think. But maybe they are still available elsewhere for 1c.

Also, not great deals but still nice and found with Christmas stuff - 100g box of Butlers chocolates €1.62, 250g box of Lemon's Iced Caramels €1. Also sitting alone on an endcap Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil 500ml €2.34. I think this is a clearance item as there didn't seem to be an Filippo Berio with the other oils.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Tesco Green Tea Bags 20's reduced to 60c
    Energizer Universal Battery Charger 85c http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=262819881

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I price checked an entire trolley full of Blurays/DVD Players/Wifi routers/ tablets etc (over 40 different items)- all of which unfortunately scanned at their intended prices, no bargains to be had. Tesco Maynooth.

Chocolate bargain- large Lindt Christmas chocolate teddy bears 400grm chocolate @ 95c. Small 10grm Lindt bunnies (think they were a charity item) now at 5c.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,084 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Got Just Dance 4 for Wii U for 1c it was buried in with the disney dvds rather than the games section, most if not all items that have been flagged have gone back up to full price, a prince cd that was 1c is now €7, spent 30 minutes scanning loads of stuff and it's all full price again.

The basterds have ipods on display again and they are also full price one is a 4th gen nano for €150. This is over now folks, don't waste your time looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

We must all be turning healthy and Tesco wants us to stay fat.

Loads of Xmas chocs and sweets in Tesco Clearwater, some with expiry dates to 2015. There about 2 hrs ago.

Quality Street Tins (plastic ones !!) €3.30
    Freddo bars 9c
    Love Hearts and Fruit Pastilles Tubes 62c
    And loads of others

Also got 2 boxes of Tayto C&O, 20 pack, for €2.99.

Lots of stock of all the above

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Yeah, a 2ft tube of Swizzers sweets, like refreshers etc was reduced from €5 to €1.25, there was a wall of them right beside the gym stuff and all the weight watchers stuff, the sweets were cleared out in 3 hours, plenty yoga mats left!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Got COD modern warfare 2 for ps3 on thurs in dundrum for 1cent. Was marked €5 but scanned cheap. Tried a few other dvds and games but no other discount to what was marked. There were a few CODs left though.

Was at self service till, yer one came over and took game off to manager but he approved the sale

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

stevieob wrote: »
    Got COD modern warfare 2 for ps3 on thurs in dundrum for 1cent. Was marked €5 but scanned cheap. Tried a few other dvds and games but no other discount to what was marked. There were a few CODs left though.

Was at self service till, yer one came over and took game off to manager but he approved the sale

Probably no point in going now seeing as today is Sunday and you bought it on Thursday. Thanks for posting though

Anyway, back to todays bargains.

Lots more cheap sweets on the shelves in Tesco Clearwater

Boxes of Aero Mint Chocs and Rowntrees Randoms (450g) for €1.50.

BB is June 2014 not that they'll last :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement