Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

And another reason for not posting the item originally, is that it would make me very :mad: to see arseholes buy a bunch of them to sell on (and even more so when I didn't get one myself:pac:) I did pm quite a few people who I hope were able to get one before the rest of ye go chasing wild geese (didn't get around to everyone though). Thanks Soarer for standing up for me:)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,094 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

There is/are more than one item for 1c, wild goose chase springs to mind though, but hasn't that been the theme of this thread all along,I am off out now to see what I can find if I see anything I will post up here as soon as I can.

Tinie wrote: »
    Jesus christ it was like getting blood out of a stone trying to find out what that 1c item was...

I hope we dont see a repeat of that shíte again in this thread!!! Bad form by the guys who knew what the item was but wouldn't say

You won't see it from me because I won't be posting any bargains on this thread again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Wonder how many from this thread will actually find these blu ray players? I suspect one or two at max.
    Good luck kids, I cant be arsed going to ballybeg for a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭little man disorder

Wonder how many from this thread will actually find these blu ray players? I suspect one or two at max.
    Good luck kids, I cant be arsed going to ballybeg for a look.

Don't bother there's none there, have just left :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

lindtee wrote: »
    You won't see it from me because I won't be posting any bargains on this thread again.

Now something's not right here, we all post bargains where and when we see them especially the long time tesco scouts and lindtee is a super sourcer....in fairness very few "chasers" snap them all up . If its going to be a closed house thats not good but something has to change.
    So where to from here..im a little bit sad tbh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Someone needs to come up with a tesco barcode scanner app..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

moonshadow wrote: »
    Now something's not right here, we all post bargains where and when we see them especially the long time tesco scouts and lindtee is a super sourcer....in fairness very few "chasers" snap them all up . If its going to be a closed house thats not good but something has to change.
    So where to from here..im a little bit sad tbh.

Well you COULD create like a google doc where only regular boards bargains users get access to it and can modify it to add new deals, what store it was found etc. and can view it, but this thread seems to be working well enough as is?

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Thewife

Aw please can someone pm.me I'm actually in desperate need of a dvd player so if I knew which blu ray was cheap it would keep the kids happy in the playroom and keep mammy happy with the quietness !!

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Thewife

Aw please can someone pm.me I'm actually in desperate need of a dvd player so if I knew which blu ray was cheap it would keep the kids happy in the playroom and keep mammy happy with the quietness !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Niveus Tauri

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    Damn, I won't be able to make it to Ballybrack til morning!

Nothing in ballybrack , don't worry , i scanned every blue ray and dvd player , all usual prices.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Read this afternoon's post- its been mentioned at least 3 times........

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

About 20% of the stuff that was reduced seem to have gone to 1c.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Nothing in Ashbourne or Clearwater if anyone's thinking of making a trip. :(

If it wasn't a Friday I might have ventured elsewhere but as it is I'm going to go home for food and a beer.

Best of luck to anyone who finds one, please don't be a tool and buy more than one!!!!

To Lindtee and Soarer, thanks for posting eventually folks, and please don't let any negatives make you less inclined to post again. Can see the other boardsies frustrations too though so try and put yourself in their shoes maybe?

Well you COULD create like a google doc where only regular boards bargains users get access to it and can modify it to add new deals, what store it was found etc. and can view it, but this thread seems to be working well enough as is?

Maybe I didn't express myself as well as I thought, I've been here forever, thanked and linked boardsie s who post regular, ESP lindtee.
    Look at where this started years ago....it wasnt or people to plunder shops for Lego or cheap noodles or whatever and resell but its what happened.

I got a few bargains food ones very appreciated ,never got tvs or mad stuff but its worth keeping if people are not greedy.

Maybe I didn't express myself as well as I thought, I've been here forever, thanked and linked boardsie s who post regular, ESP lindtee.
    Look at where this started years ago....it wasnt or people to plunder shops for Lego or cheap noodles or whatever and resell but its what happened.

I got a few bargains food ones very appreciated ,never got tvs or mad stuff but its worth keeping if people are not greedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

snubbleste wrote: »
    Someone needs to come up with a tesco barcode scanner app..

So with no handy online DB, we can't have a check argos type app.

But here's a maybe - a simple app, when you buy something you want to share, use your camera phone to capture the bar code, record the price, store and time. Then other users can see it, other users could flag it in other stores etc. you could then use the camera phone to scan the barcode in store and if there's a match in DB - works even if there is no price scanner in store?

Any thought? Any interest?

Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Please tell me people aren't bulk buying and reselling noodles???!! Noodles???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Please tell me people aren't bulk buying and reselling noodles???!! Noodles???

I can do you a deal, what do you want, pot or super?

Didn't see much of use in Carlow today.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭vanessamee

Went into tesco in ennis to buy some ds games and was charged 5 euro for a game that was marked 30 its donkey kong and mario

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Claregirl

vanessamee wrote: »
    Went into tesco in ennis to buy some ds games and was charged 5 euro for a game that was marked 30 its donkey kong and mario

Any blu-ray players?

Currently Active Users
    319 (116 members & 203 guests)

Perhaps Bargain Alerts should be the same as R&R?

Idea with the barcode scanner sounds good unfortunately Tesco Ennis is usually complete Sh*te very rarely get the bargains found elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭vanessamee

Claregirl wrote: »
    Any blu-ray players?

Currently Active Users
    319 (116 members & 203 guests)

Perhaps Bargain Alerts should be the same as R&R?

Idea with the barcode scanner sounds good unfortunately Tesco Ennis is usually complete Sh*te very rarely get the bargains found elsewhere.

Didnt check just went in for the game

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭God Father

EZmount 13-46" TV wall mount.

1 cent in Wilton tesco last night.

deo8k7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭ablelocks

philips blu ray model ending 2900 is in Arthurs Quay, Limerick branch marked at €25 - there are 3 left.

Thanks Moonshadow. You are right about what happened to this thread. I never got mad stuff myself (bar the 40 or so cadbury caramel bunnies for 1c each (which the family ate, I didn't sell them on!) I didn't realise that my initial post would cause such anger and frenzy. People turn on you so quick in this forum:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

ablelocks wrote: »
    philips blu ray model ending 2900 is in Arthurs Quay, Limerick branch marked at €25 - there are 3 left.

They're the ones scanning at 1c!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Soarer wrote: »
    They're the ones scanning at 1c!

yeah, I know that now - just catching up on todays posts now! Ah well.

Actually, I'm not sure if these will be at 1c tho' - no yellow stickers on the boxes and the shelf price tag was one of the normal white ones but marked @ €25.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

It was marked at €60 in my local so ignore that.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

lindtee wrote: »
    Thanks Moonshadow. You are right about what happened to this thread. I never got mad stuff myself (bar the 40 or so cadbury caramel bunnies for 1c each (which the family ate, I didn't sell them on!) I didn't realise that my initial post would cause such anger and frenzy. People turn on you so quick in this forum:(

Just ignore the gobsh1tes lindtee, there are always going to be some!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

just a heads up that any Xmas confectionery which was reduced to half price all said "offer ends 31/1/14", so I'd expect these to go very cheap tomorrow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement